• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Also someone has to go. The day doesn't end until they do and we can't no kill. So it becomes harm reduction if a majority can't agree otherwise on who might be sketchiest.

Believe me, I'd rather be focusing elsewhere. I hate thunderdomes.
Lets just never vote anyone out, we're here forever and town wins by default because reasons.

Great idea right Reki?

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
(also she's the least experienced, good instincts tho)

ZNs34Cz.gif

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes a joke is just a joke.

Anyway, I don't have too much to say about current events. I was already town reading both turm and ATP, so their claims sound believable to me. I don't think there's too much reason to pick at those claims yet while we're still in the middle of a thunderdome, and after we're done with that, we should really be looking more into what Faddy was doing and interacting with as our next point of focus.

As for the thunderdome, if Pancakes is claiming vanilla, that would be the least harmful flip to get for town so I don't mind voting there. If people want to keep her alive for some reason, wee would be my next pick if they're telling the truth about just being a gossip. I wouldn't want to lose Chuggs as his role generates money for the roster and Fat hasn't claimed, and he shouldn't with a vanilla claim already an option here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Maol, what if doggo is also vanilla? Would that not be worth claiming, since it would even him out with Pancakes?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Maol, what if doggo is also vanilla? Would that not be worth claiming, since it would even him out with Pancakes?
I mean, two vanilla claims out in the open immediately remove NK options for scum and if you're a vanilla, baiting the NK should be a secondary goal of yours. I'm not a fan of giving scum a better chance of hitting a PR at night, no.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, two vanilla claims out in the open immediately remove NK options for scum and if you're a vanilla, baiting the NK should be a secondary goal of yours. I'm not a fan of giving scum a better chance of hitting a PR at night, no.
If I was an asshole I'd make some reference to leaving an NK target around. Maybe something that gives a twofer. lol.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
hey listen

[...]
KILL YOUR BABIES
The 4 players with the highest post counts are now in a Thunderdome for the day.

You may only vote for one of these 4 players:
Fat4all: 205
weemadarthur: 164
TheChuggernaut: 157
Conditional-Pancakes: 131

SING ME A SONG
All votes today must be accompanied by a rhyme about the player you are voting for.

For example: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm voting for Sorian, and so should you. Vote: Sorian

All rhymes must be unique.
You may NOT use the example rhyme, or a rhyme that another player used.

Any vote that does not include a rhyme will not be officially counted. [...]

ramifications:

We can prevent someone from being voted out if we exhaust ALL the possible rhymes with their name; each rhyme has to be unique, and there are only so many, yeah?

That means if you Town-read someone in the Thunderdome, you can literally vote to defend them

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to bed. But these were the people who showed up and engaged during the night chat. Not all the same degree and it's not a for sure town list, obviously, but I think it's worth considering as a group more likely to be town heavy.

rac
Kyaa
Maol
Chuggs
wee
ATP
Fatdog
Pancakes
Reki
Turmoil
Stan
Launch
VA

Zipped and Aeleus showed up with some game content but less than these. I'd put Zipped at more than A. Of this list, VA maybe did the least bit it seemed genuine.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
If I was an asshole I'd make some reference to leaving an NK target around. Maybe something that gives a twofer. lol.
Yes, yes, but I have a feeling if they were still around there would have been a good chunk of discussion over what their alignment is still.

I wanted to move the game forward, and get a decent chunk of town reads out of it. You can berate me for that decision after the game if it winds up costing town the win.

The players who are currently big question marks and possible scum to me are:

Blarg
Sparks
Aeleus
VA
Zipped
MrHedin

If I had my way today, the flip would be one of those players. And I'd start with Zipped since I still think Faddy was avoiding a stack when he voted for Ambulance.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
hey listen

ramifications:

We can prevent someone from being voted out if we exhaust ALL the possible rhymes with their name; each rhyme has to be unique, and there are only so many, yeah?

That means if you Town-read someone in the Thunderdome, you can literally vote to defend them
You missed an important line, Blarg:
All votes today must be accompanied by a rhyme about the player you are voting for.
The rhyme doesn't need to use their name, the rhyme just needs to be about the player in some way. Like in the example rhyme, Sorian's name doesn't rhyme with anything in there, but the rhyme is about how I want to vote for him and think you should to.

Fun Fact! The example rhyme used to use Dr. Monkey's name, but then she subbed into this game and I thought that might be kind of rude, so I switched it to Sorian instead.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
fat4all
beck and call
round meatball
better call saul
chill at mall
my friend paul
bathroom stall
I love fall
butterball (turkey)

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, yes, but I have a feeling if they were still around there would have been a good chunk of discussion over what their alignment is still.

I wanted to move the game forward, and get a decent chunk of town reads out of it. You can berate me for that decision after the game if it winds up costing town the win.

The players who are currently big question marks and possible scum to me are:

Blarg
Sparks
Aeleus
VA
Zipped
MrHedin

If I had my way today, the flip would be one of those players. And I'd start with Zipped since I still think Faddy was avoiding a stack when he voted for Ambulance.
Oh, and Reki. I knew I was missing someone.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Reki I bought the dice because I thought it would be something that might give me a chance to earn money

I also for some reason just expected more opportunities to make money

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't get good vibes from stantastic (no offence)

Maol is also starting to worry me, but I was convinced he was scum last game and he wasn't.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Assuming my check was good, launch is town which clears kyan by association, I think pancakes is town.

Also dr monkey gives off such mother town vibes thst I'll be heartbroken of shes playing us

Oct 26, 2017
UK
One thing that bothers me about turms claim is "lost weekend update host"

I know flavors are seen as weak arguments but that is just not correct :p

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
One thing that bothers me about turms claim is "lost weekend update host"

I know flavors are seen as weak arguments but that is just not correct :p
the flavor of looking for Elyse seems reasonable, but if there's one player who id wager had control over activating today's Easy Update thunderdome, it would be some variation of Ian

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
You missed an important line, Blarg:

The rhyme doesn't need to use their name, the rhyme just needs to be about the player in some way. Like in the example rhyme, Sorian's name doesn't rhyme with anything in there, but the rhyme is about how I want to vote for him and think you should to.

Fun Fact! The example rhyme used to use Dr. Monkey's name, but then she subbed into this game and I thought that might be kind of rude, so I switched it to Sorian instead.
Why must you foil me at every turn

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
STAN!

You did not @ or quote Reki in this post!

Since I'm nice, I'll go ahead and release Reki from the Bonds! Torture Chamber.

Stan, however, must suffer a punishment!

Stan is now in the "Gah!" Torture Chamber, where he may only use the word "Gah!" in his posts until I say he has been released from the Torture Chamber.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I am actually surprised that my vote is accepted, that's some clever use of game mechanics comrade Kyaaa.

chats are only good for duping townies into trusting you. everyone who says otherwise are liars.

No meanies in chats, only innocent townies. And ice cream.

Ah Sparks, hard as ever to get answers out of. Let me incentivize this transaction a bit then. Sparks, you are a hard person for most people to solve. Because of this I imagine you inhabit many a persons' vigi lists and the wouldn't mind solving that slot -lists. You are the ever-present null read and the lynch that always could come the next day. I think information is the easiest way to solve you because the chance that you get NK'd is not very high. I'd like some information out of you to the benefit of everyone. I am not fishing for your role nor do I want to hear it. There is a [REDACTED] part to this too that I want to talk about but only after I get my answer. I think Sparks who put himself on the spot a bit is better for town than Sparks that did not answer the question.

To that end, the question itself Funky Dude Sparks: If someone had shot you last night, would you still be alive if that was the only thing that was done to you? Yes / no.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Stan is now in the "Gah!" Torture Chamber, where he may only use the word "Gah!" in his posts until I say he has been released from the Torture Chamber.
YO, THIS DEEP CUT!!!

youtu.be

Easy Allies Clips - Kyle

Highlight reel of user created clips from Easy Allies' Kyle broadcasts. Be sure to watch him live stream on http://www.twitch.tv/EasyAllies each week and cli...

(from 0:24 - 2:58)

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Interesting. I guess arsonists are always neutral? (And yeah, this is a bastard game, I know...) What do you think about what was discussed yesterday about the theory of maybe Blarg being a variant of an arsonist dousing people with bets? People wouldn't know they were the target of an arsonist in that case...

Arsonists can be scum too. I don't believe in Blarsonist idea. It's not too insane but I don't think there is any evidence to support it being more than a wild theory right now.

Launch pleading the fifth huh. Can't pressure him today with votes, drop the topic until tomorrow. ATP's claim makes sense contextually (from what I remember at least) but because it came before Launch's, Launch now has a easier time constructing a fake claim that can coexist with ATP's claim. On the other hand Launch's options are now a bit limited so that's a benefit.

Prefer - Fat > Pancakes = Chuggs > wee - do not prefer. Mechanically this feels like a scum power so this all was planned beforehand and we could assume that all of the four are town. Go down that route and Maol's Pancakes idea makes sense as a minmaxing action.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Mechanically this feels like a scum power so this all was planned beforehand and we could assume that all of the four are town.

NOONONONONONO. I am dumb. Reverse proof. We shouldn't assume that they all are town. Scum would be wary about making this implication if it actually was true as they could be creating three alive townies with it. If people come to think that all of the four people were town, scum just owned themselves if that actually is true. They'd also be putting the three that live on their kill list permanently and that's a horrible idea to do.

This might just be a game mechanic then.

Oct 27, 2017
I am actually surprised that my vote is accepted, that's some clever use of game mechanics comrade Kyaaa.

No meanies in chats, only innocent townies. And ice cream.

Ah Sparks, hard as ever to get answers out of. Let me incentivize this transaction a bit then. Sparks, you are a hard person for most people to solve. Because of this I imagine you inhabit many a persons' vigi lists and the wouldn't mind solving that slot -lists. You are the ever-present null read and the lynch that always could come the next day. I think information is the easiest way to solve you because the chance that you get NK'd is not very high. I'd like some information out of you to the benefit of everyone. I am not fishing for your role nor do I want to hear it. There is a [REDACTED] part to this too that I want to talk about but only after I get my answer. I think Sparks who put himself on the spot a bit is better for town than Sparks that did not answer the question.

To that end, the question itself Funky Dude Sparks: If someone had shot you last night, would you still be alive if that was the only thing that was done to you? Yes / no.

Prolly not

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Hey all for various reasons I've decided to sub out but given my substitute won't know anything about what was posted in the gossip chat I'll discuss that first.
To sum up the private chat, A doesn't particularly town read me, and mostly won't say anything at all, and was not real helpful with my intended claim but I eventually browbeat them into it. They were afraid to post anything they'd have to explain.

which, doesn't sound like town!a
Firstly I can confirm that I was in a gossip chat with wee and that it appears to only be for one night, but that's basically all we agree on. During the chat wee threatened to kill me, demanded I role claim to her and didn't attempt to make any meaningful discussion (I said I was happy for her to pick at my brain and mentioned my reads list as something she could use). The stuff about not being helpful with the claim was mostly down to misunderstanding (though I feel like wee didn't particularly care to make anything clear to me) she asked me without context to quote her breadcrumb and I pointed out that that would look very weird and suggested I instead talked about how she posted some interesting thoughts in the night, in case she wanted to use me to back up her claim later on. I quoted the post as soon as she made clear she wanted to claim at that moment rather than just setting up breadcrumbs. After that I went to eat because timezones are a thing.

They didn't say why they don't, anywhere, the only reads list they posted was during the night, and they tried to suck up to me in the opening game hours.
I feel like this is once again calling back to my disappearance on day 1 so sincerely, please stop questioning me (or any player) when they tell you that the reason behind their actions doesn't relate to the game. I would remind you of this rule:
12. Treat players, gamerunners, and game watchers with respect. Players who are bothered by behavior they perceive as uncomfortable or as targeted aggression should make their positions clear in game as everyone has a different threshold. If a player feels someone has crossed a line they should contact the gamerunner and game watchers, listed in the first post, about the issue.

And yes I see now that I was wrong to think you were valuable to the game (I stand by Faddy and maol though <3) it is clear instead that your playstyle is to be an arse in order to make players feel uncomfortable. Apologies for the mistake.

I would like to highlight this question because I would very much like to know the answer too.

Aeleus
I town read Reki (reasons mentioned in my reads list) and at first didn't want to sacrifice them, at the point where I started to think about the possibility the lovers were far in the lead.

Good luck everyone, hope yall have fun with boxpeek, currently fanto hasn't let us down on the hype. I'd love to give this game a 10 but I can't so instead I'll just say it was swimming in sevens :)
AngelicGleefulHamadryad-max-1mb.gif

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Actually some final (maybe a joke) advice you have the chance to play the game for as long as you want without worrying about the clock, it's time for all of you to learn about each other on a deep personal level and develop great bonds, this is the actual best way to learn who is and who isn't town.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Thanks Sparks, that removes a possibility. I used the Hoodie last night. Target x to redirect all actions on you to x. All actions on me last night went to Sparks.

Why do this? I couldn't rid myself of the possibility that I could be the NK. My play might've sucked so far but I still was town read a lot and there was a chance that scum would opt for a low info kill like me. I was low info because I had not been in conflict with that many people and I really had no clear scum reads at that point. The LP kill suggests that this threat was credible. I also don't really believe in holding your shots and that's reinforced by how I've died early in my recent town games. There also was the possibility that the item thief exists and I did not want scum stealing the redirect.

Why Sparks? I did not have any good scum reads. My posts during the party should suggest that this was indeed true. I thus opted to save myself 1st (a redirect is a action high in priority) and to solve 2nd. With me not having any meaningful scum reads in play, I opted to solve the unknowns. I didn't extend the target pool beyond Blarg and Sparks because I had faith that I could get the others to talk in the future. I couldn't say the same about the two on the shortlist. Did I expect any other action on me than a kill? Not really. Some protective might've picked me but I hoped that I deterred those off when I shunned the Pop-Tarts on me. Since I didn't think that anything but a kill could be coming my way, this strengthened my view that I should redirect to a target that I wouldn't mind dead. The final pick between Sparks and Blarg was randomed and Sparks drew the short straw.

Why tell you this, why not keep silent? The action itself could've created false info even if I thought that actions other than the kill would be avoiding me. I had no way of knowing if my assumption was actually the case. I thought about betting on the idea that since Sparks survived, nobody likely targeted me and I should just shut up. Then I started to think about the idea that maybe LP wasn't the NK. Then turmoil said he targeted LP and, well, LP died. In the end clearing the air and possibly getting some info out of Sparks outweighed the cons. Good job on that Sparks, you gracefully both answered and avoided the question.

The conclusion: I possibly wasn't the NK last night. Sparks is still a null but his cooperation is appreciated. The chance that LP was the NK is increased. The turmoil-LP connection is problematic but I am not sure if I can support the idea that turmoil was the killer.

Don't worry I'll just use my super administrater powers to edit it in there, or you could maybe read the post :/

Hey, you shouldn't edit posts like that. That's against the rules. You were gracious enough to give a single post and I did not see my name in it so I wanted to get the question out as soon as I could. My mistake, sorry.