• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
prob

just make sure you write a poem either way

i do experimental poetry as a hobby

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
We don't need another hero
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome

:(
0YK_g2.gif

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
A bolt is thrown by a crossbow, i dont think you call someone with a crossbow an archer, i think thats just non-cross bows.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway of the dome'd i would also lean our dearest doggo, really just because i somewhat townread the other 3, whereas despite Fat4alls massive post count i cant remember a game relevant bit.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
non cross bows
non cross bows
one a penny, two a penny
non cross buns
if you have no daughters
give um to your bros
one a penny
two a penny
non cross bows

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
this goes out to my main man General Hux

FUCK THE REPUBLIC, AND FUCK THE SENATE!

FIRE!!!!

08c2240aa684ff0cd50b83b37438b36e.gif

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I can now say that years of [Mafia] have honed my reading comprehension to a fine point that I no longer need to maintain a formal reads list behind my each and every play; I operate in a realm of terrifying, instinctual insight culminating in my votes
[Easy mode is now selectable]
@Lone_Prodigy, @Stantastic: y'all didn't have pop-tart votes, I think - why not?
I didnt really have anyone i wanted to poptart for a good chunk of the day, and at the days end i just forgot, lol.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Question to folks, LP said Faddy doesn't normally bus. Anyone have any examples, anecdotes of this at hand? Thank you.

Did a re-read of LP, seemed quick due to the postcount. Yeah, that's my arbitrary criteria, don't want to spend the whole night ISOing folks. What did LP say?

First post he makes is a joke in #526, then nothing until 20 minutes before last EoD.

Seems ok with being lunched - now we know he was Vanilla - if it came down to it, but says he'll do better D2 in #1955. He's not in contention and never was, as far as I can tell; there's the Monkey vote in #1767 and a jman vote at #1913 in response to me floating the idea.

A couple of nothing posts, catch-ups, notices Monkey in #1975 and asks if the Vig claimed in #1981. Note to self here; how did Mao think LP's NK was a shot to get the Vig? No way he pulls the trigger 2 hours before EoD to then only post with 20 minutes left and asks that. He can bluff really well but that's a stretch.

Then he goes for the Lovers with #1990 and #2012.

I'd say these are his more relevant posts;

5 minutes left and Hawthorn has a 3 vote lead.

Like even if scum wants this, town is still pushing it more.

Hawthorn's train already has two flipped town, and if Faddy really avoided it not to stack, as someone was speculating, it'd be more likely than not that the majority of the other players in there are town, yeah.

I read back to when Faddy died and there was a fairly good argument for Hawthorn there. Namely, Faddy avoided her wagon and went for Ambulance/Monkey and he wasn't a reputed busser.

You can bemoan the lunch all you want but there was ample time to build another case for someone and it didn't happen. IIRC the trains on turmoil and Reki were very weak. Apathy and the fact we got scum already sealed the deal.

The argument may've been "good", but the risk was too high. But hey, no sense in arguing with the dead so whatever.

Link me to it, but I bet (ha!) it's post count related.

This was the bet;

Bet Lone_Prodigy, 500: I'll post more than you this day phase

Posted in #218, an hour and a half after the game started. Looks joke-y to me.

What's the problem here? LP asked for a link, but didn't outright reject turmoil's proposition. So this

I wanted to ask him why he didn't accept my bet

Makes little sense imo. Especially because LP dropped no hint - that I can gather, at least - of having rolled Elyse. The counter here being that Elyse may a) not know she's being looked for or b) know it, but not being guaranteed Ian could be trusted. So why crumb, right? Still, in turm's position I'm not sure I'd go for LP - provided he's saying the truth aobut his role -.

---------

Next, checking who talked about LP;

The earlier convo about him was wee questioning why would he accept turm's bet in #219. After getting "subversion" for an answer, wee thinkg out loud about tying turmoil's ability to bet but states LP hates to subvert expectations in #225.

I've got to... agree with the assesment? LP's involvement - and his postcount - usually picks up as the game nears its end, something I noticed in Risk with him almost doubling my count despite being alive two or three more phases. It's normally within reasonable range, though.

Then multiple people wonder about him one way or another, but without any super solid conclusion. wee, me, Launch, Kyan and Hedin.

Later in the phase wee suggest nin to start a train on LP when he's musing about an alternative train. This is a bit out of nowhere? And later leads to the replacement/modkilling discussion in which a few folks intervene.

First "firm" - and I put it like that because she herself stated "please consider this as what kind of vote it is" disclaimer - push for LP came from Monkey in #1767. 20 posts later, Maol goes;

LP would be my back up last minute switch if everything collapses.

Question, Maol. I can't recall you mentioning LP at all during the night. Would you mind elaborating how that back up lunch option developed? You said Zipped, me and Blarg for people you'd like to get to rid of recently after all. Thanks in advance.

Then my post about considering LP for the worst ever reason in #1902, Aeleus answering in #1905 and jman jumping on the vote in #1913. It does look genuine imo; jman seemed desperate to go for alternatives after all. Finally, a couple jokes from Kyan and Sawneeks.

Lovers die, night starts and Monkey acknowledges his entrance into the thread at #2085. ATP timidly suggest there's a baddie(s) in the Hawthorn train at #2233, and LP is one of the votes there. He also gets featured in the "Null" chapter of Launch's reads at least twice last night: #2464 and #2513.

I mention not seeing a baddie!LP not posting until that late in the day in #2466; Launch agrees, Monkey says it's NAI, states she needs a better read on him in #2533 and tags him in her opening post for the day - after he flips - at #2645 to ask for the lack of a Pop-Tart vote while also giving a slight town-read for the Hawthorn vote.

Monkey, Donna and turms have short reactions to LP's flip. Sawneeks says low info but wee and Maol jump straight to analysing it;
But why? Killing a vanilla LP that voted the last vote on the lovers is .....kind of generous to town, no? Now we don't have to argue about him.
My guess as to why LP was killed is that scum thought he was the vig.
oh, uh, there's another possibility. maybe scum's kill was blocked and this is a town kill?

Monkey seems puzzled about Mao's speculation (#2703, #2726) and Mao admits there's no real reason to speculate that in #2728. Hedin calls it out later too, at #2852.

Kyan also mentions the chance of LP being hit with the NK due to a Dice in #2771, something the doggo denies at #2775.

VA and me agree that Mao's "LP NK could be them searching or the Vig" was weird.

ATP thinks Pancakes looks better after that NK for the Vanilla speculation in #2749, and doubles down on that stance in #2851. turmoil claims;

I also have a power that creates a private chat with other players, that's why I am wary of weemad's claim

I target was... LP
LP didn't post

ba-dum tss

(I target as night action, he was dead before he could)

Note to myself: why was it relevant that LP got killed... if he would've never made it to the chat in the first place?

I was going to withhold info just in case it could be useful later but I think it's not worth it

So here comes my full claim:

I am Ian Hinck, Lost Weekend Update Host

I 'search' for someone called 'Elyse' during the night phase. If I found her, we will have a secret chat

Obviously, LP wasn't her

The role doesn't specify Elyse's alignment(I'm town), now this is pure speculation on my part, but the wiki seems to say she was an invited co-host in Life is Strange episodes(Fanto's favorite game), so maybe lean town?

I'm not calling for elyse to claim nor asking to be trsted by them, I am just throwing what I know on the table

There were a couple posts asking for more details before the full claim, but turms does get a bit defensive over wee's suspicion;

You touched him and he's dead.
That's not a good look.
and I'm claiming it because ????
There is a chance that you were the unwitting killer. Perhaps your action was converted into a kill via a (scum) role. A less sympathetic voice would just straight on accuse you of murder. Beauty Bois!!!
How was the visit unwitting, you yourself said that you visited LP. I am saying that maybe your action was modified with a kill modifier. Did you breadcrumb an active action or anything like that?
so turmoil is a Hunter variant? Any reason that's NOT a kill role? I mean, ok, he hasn't left so it wasn't LP. But really, he sounds like a Hunter.
If that is a kill role, why does he claim it openly?
I have no answer for that, no.

But he dragged out his claim and sorta lied about it the first post, so, there's enough reason to keep questioning him.
weemad you said I'm a cultist, a hunter, a lover, you take everything I said out of context and put it in a bad light

I'm not totally unsold on the idea of both of us being town but this attitude seems unnecessarily defensive and suspicious

(Which I sorta understand after wee suspected me for like, the entirety of Risk.)

Finally, wee entertains a couple scenarios to explain Maol's speculation in #2905.

---------

TLDR; turms (bet, target choice), wee (wagon suggestion, NK thoughts), Maol (second choice that disipates overnight, unsubstained speculation about the NK) and me (non-commital comment about starting a train and a weird ISO in here) had the most "interesting" - for lack of a better term - comments/interactions with/about LP. You could throw Monkey's vote and recent tag in there too, I guess.

One could ask, if you settle down on LP being the kill early in the night, do you mention him in your posts during the N64 party? That's a big if on my part and probably fruitless speculation for now, but I'm pondering about the hypothetical anyways.

Finally, as far as I can tell, Faddy never talks to/about LP. Which, I know, would be a more useful point if LP was alive.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Reki, what are you getting out of all this? You have a list of interactions. Okay. What's it really tell you, though?
As for Faddy and bussing, I remember it coming up twice at least- when we were scum together and once when we fought about something, but I don't remember which game that was.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
votes gotta be on a single line still I think

also, your making a mistake

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Sparks just read the game,
go back to the start of this day phase and read the posts made since, its all there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So, listen. Today is borked. Thunderdome is a massive wrench in the works. But we can take it back and make it useful by all doing our best to show our spirit. Be town, friends. Think outside the dome, solve on the page, find at least 2-3 strong town reads you can depend on, and work with them.

We've got claims on the table. We can work through those, too. But mostly find your towns.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to give launch a pass until late game based on a green check, and he has been a real waver for me. That is, i waver between t/S whenever i think of him.

Funky Dude Sparks kyaa asked you a question earlier dude. Please check your notifications and respond to any direct questions.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm back!

And I've got a new Torture Chamber idea!

Reki and Stantastic, you are now in the "Bonds!" Torture Chamber!

You must @ or quote each other in every post you make until I say you've been released from the Torture Chamber, in order to form bonds!

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Fat4all (4 votes)
weemadarthur - #2,679
AllThingsPurple - #2,684
Kyanrute - #2,736
Stantastic - #2,965

weemadarthur (2 votes)
Fat4all - #2,773 #2,777
Fat4all - #2,810
Blargonaut - #2,945

Not voting: MrHedin, Dr. Monkey, Zippedpinhead, Aeleus, turmoil7, rac, Vincent Alexander, Reki, Funky Dude Sparks, TheChuggernaut, Maolfunction, LaunchpadMcQ, Sawneeks, Conditional-Pancakes, empressdonna

Post Counts:
weemadarthur: 56 Fat4all: 56 Dr. Monkey: 40 AllThingsPurple: 35 TheChuggernaut: 20 Kyanrute: 17 Conditional-Pancakes: 17 turmoil7: 12 Vincent Alexander: 11 Maolfunction: 10 Zippedpinhead: 9 Funky Dude Sparks: 7 Sawneeks: 6 Reki: 5 Blargonaut: 5 Stantastic: 5 MrHedin: 2 LaunchpadMcQ: 2 rac: 2 empressdonna: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Look im bad at this, I wish I had got vanilla town instead of a useful role like I did

But since I have no money and it costs money to use my power and who knows if I'll get more money again, fuck it i will share what little I know, and it could be unreliable.

I can discover peoples alignment, im not a professional though so it costs, I used my power on Launch, it came back town.

But maybe doggo used the dice on me and I got a random alignment back.

Something that skipped my mind in the moment, sorry if you already explained but;

You understand how important checks are as a town power. Why would you spend $500 Don bucks if you need the money for your power? Like, it doesn't make sense to me that you'd gamble on an unknown when you had something you thought was useful right there instead.

Don't answer with more details about your PR, though. Just thought I'd ask since it seems weird.

I never realized how much I loved having weekends be slower until they weren't ;_;

Hecht Rhythm for the win!

Also Night Phases are the best. There, I said it.

Reki, what are you getting out of all this? You have a list of interactions. Okay. What's it really tell you, though?

Kinda expected this question. What I got was mainly a clearer picture of LP's interactions, which highlighted a couple things I forgot about. Namely, wee's out of nowhere LP train suggestion, turm's bet and the weirdness of that target, Maol dropping LP for the whole night after stating he'd be okay as a second option before EoD and your vote staying on that EZA fan until the end.

Next is, well, how to interpret all of that.

1. Wee's train suggestion; this can be read as standard wee fanfare but they didn't seem to care about explaining in her answer to that post above? Anything to say, weemadarthur? I suggested it later too, to be fair here.
2. turm's betting/target; for LP being barely present at all this game, turmoil does seem oddly interested in him. That bet read as a joke at first, but claiming that it was the justification for picking him is weird, considering, as stated, that LP never openly declined it. And then... no crumbs about being Elyse. Why would you waste a shot on someone with literally nothing to justify it? When we've had a kinda similar mechanic in Separated Lovers in here, you try to find a specific person, not target someone you'd like to talk to about whatever. There are counters for this, though, as I explained in the post.
3. Mao's read/speculation; need Mao to chime in on this, but a second lunch choice literally vanishing overnight is weird progression - did he knew? - and the vig speculation is poor considering what it implies about LP's play. He already got pushback on the NK speculation though, so nothing too new about this.
4. Monkey's vote; this is like, the most harmless of the bunch because you replaced in close to EoD and I could've seen myself making that vote too. It does give you space to come back with your "Did you really kill the Lovers???" though, but it's not something I'd lend too much credit to given my read on you. Just a note to keep in mind.

There's one more thing a bit unrelated, but despite multiple folks speculating over stuff today, Maol is the one that got pushed harder for it. Like, Pancakes was talking once again of the Arsonist-by-bets and Kyan was commenting about weird ways in which turms actually could have killed LP instead. Just a note.

As for Faddy and bussing, I remember it coming up twice at least- when we were scum together and once when we fought about something, but I don't remember which game that was.

Thanks for sharing.

Are you really making these up on the spot just for your own amusement?

Stantastic

HuberBonds.gif (that I cannot find).

We've got to be nice to one another now, Huber demands it.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will get to Reki's big posts in a bit but I did find it odd that they ignored my post overnight about them. :(
So, listen. Today is borked. Thunderdome is a massive wrench in the works. But we can take it back and make it useful by all doing our best to show our spirit. Be town, friends. Think outside the dome, solve on the page, find at least 2-3 strong town reads you can depend on, and work with them.

We've got claims on the table. We can work through those, too. But mostly find your towns.
you're not my mom
I'm back!

Reki and Stantastic, you are now in the "Bonds!" Torture Chamber!

You must @ or quote each other in every post you make until I say you've been released from the Torture Chamber, in order to form bonds!
this is just an excuse for Fanto to fuck with all of us, isn't it

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Stantastic (not a comment for you but I'm forced to tag you anyways).

This is like, the most nothing of nothing. Z-Beat rule and all. But I need to share it in the small chance it's relevant.

Ian Hinck - the flavor turms is claiming to be - is the host and producer of Easy Update, the content that interrupted this phase. And Maol directly mentioned "Easy Update" being possibly related to meanies.

Again, probably irrelevant, just wanted to make a note out of it.

Will get to Reki's big posts in a bit but I did find it odd that they ignored my post overnight about them. :(

I'm sorry for making you feel ignored, Sawneeks.

But I picked up from my partner in my very first game not to comment on suspicion/cases made against me. Don't normally do it unless I'm being asked something in there.

Is there anything in specific you'd like me to comment about?

Yeah, everytime I've asked them to clarify some of their Faddy defense they've been ignoring. Making me nervous for sure. Beauty Bois!!!

I've explained my point like, three times already. It seemed like we were just talking past each other and generating noise at some point.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i'm procrastinating so i'll start putting this together since things are happening real fast.

please add to it if there is more info/corrections.

Launch: Claims to know Kyaa is 95% Town
Wee: Claims to be able to make gossip chats at night (N1 was Aeleus)
Turm: Looking for their lost partner, Elyse. Claims they will enter a chat if found.
ATP: Cop who has to buy their own investigations (N1 Launch = Green check)
Chuggs: Can create a mini-game to challenge a player for $500. (D1 Launch, D2 Monkey)

what if chuggs is the arsonist and everyone who plays his game gets murderized.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry for making you feel ignored, Sawneeks.

But I picked up from my partner in my very first game not to comment on suspicion/cases made against me. Don't normally do it unless I'm being asked something in there.

Is there anything in specific you'd like me to comment about?
Who gave you that advice?

I suppose a direct question regarding all of that would be why did you go for Chuggs while ignoring Faddy? He even created a theory that Chuggs was lying but still Town, a pretty odd thing to come up with, but that never seem to factor into your read.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm okay, couple more things.

AllThingsPurple I'm willing to donate to your investigation fund if you want. Worst case I lose money by giving it to you and then you get NKed or something. Best case you get another investigate shot.

Since we have to murder someone today....
I think I'd keep Chuggs and Pancakes for sure. Pancakes is a definite yes and Chuggs is riiight there but I'm hesitating there, dunno why.
Doggo and wee are 50/50. One has been funny and posting memes while the other has gone for my throat since I entered this game so, my choice is easy. :p

Really though Doggo seems genuine in his posts and he's had a smattering of investigation here and there that I've liked. Wee has posts that I also like and has shown to call people out for their bullshit which is a good trait if she is town, too. I dunno, I'd need to look at both more thoroughly to make a decision.

but hey we have no day end until we turbo sooooooooo that can be done later.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Stantastic Wanna chime in, buddy?

Who gave you that advice?

Dunno why that'd be relevant, but LB3 was my first game if you really wanna go look.

It makes sense to me because, as town, you don't want to give air to a case you know is wrong. Unless it's openly disingenuous and, as such, you can see bad faith behind it. As a meanie, there's no reason to bring your case to the spotlight by openly engaging in it; most often than not it'd die down unless it has real meat, in which case you probably played badly so whatever.

Aware a bunch of folks here disagree with that approach, but it's just a little quirk that helps me enjoy games a bit more, to be honest. Would hate to be locked in endless arguments constantly playing defense, and I've seen plenty of meltdowns of people in that position.

I suppose a direct question regarding all of that would be why did you go for Chuggs while ignoring Faddy? He even created a theory that Chuggs was lying but still Town, a pretty odd thing to come up with, but that never seem to factor into your read.

In the specific interaction we speak of, Faddy re-ignited an earlier comment of his about the irony of being criticized* for trying to set up a money transferring scheme while Chuggs collected a couple checks and bought stuff without any shade at all. Faddy uses disingenuous words to talk about it and Chuggs overreacts, imo. He answers strongly to the scam accusation, put's a vote down and justifies it.

(The next part I feel super dumb explaining because you have infinitely more wolf experience than me, but whatever.)

To me, it looked sus because the meanie... frame of mind, so to speak, is in such a constant state of alert that it usually overestimates the suspicion thrown that way. Wolves are finding slips or small mistakes in their play/posts that town barely even notices, and some players may strongly react to the smallest of shades on them depending on the situation.

So, did anyone listen to Faddy's accusations? Barely anyone. How was Chuggs perceived at the time? Pretty town-read. Why does he react so strongly then?

I'm not arguing for him to ignore something that, from his pov, looked disingenuous; but the tone of the response was uncalled for, imo. That's the gist of it.

To Faddy's theory about Chuggs lying; I've seen Faddy's wacky play a couple times, so it wasn't something out of the ordinary for him to say, at least in my opinion. Maybe you have a difference experience there?

And to be fair, I do think Faddy is a strong town player that has been unfairly lunched D1 for a weird comment or two. So I was coming at it from the mindset, I don't wanna lose potentially good folks that early, and that probably colored my view on the whole situation.

*I criticized Faddy and wee about the money fund too at the start of the game.

Hope that makes more sense.

@AllThingsPurple I'm willing to donate to your investigation fund if you want. Worst case I lose money by giving it to you and then you get NKed or something. Best case you get another investigate shot.

What do you make of ATP spending money in the Shop when he needed it for Investigations?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
1. Wee's train suggestion; this can be read as standard wee fanfare but they didn't seem to care about explaining in her answer to that post above? Anything to say, @weemadarthur? I suggested it later too, to be fair here.
i think 13th century architecture has a certain flair to it, a je ne sais quoi, that 14th century architecture can't match.

Or did did you have a more...centred question? Perhaps one relating to the game?
Doggo and wee are 50/50. One has been funny and posting memes while the other has gone for my throat since I entered this game so, my choice is easy. :p
Lov

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Actually heres something.
Normally in this situation i would do something of an ISO on Fat4all, im hesitant to do this since i think ittl be like 97% shitposts and primarily waste time i could better waste elsewhere.
So instead, ill put out a more general question of if hes actually done anything that stuck out to anyone? and if so any clue as to where in the thread would be lovely.
Hes the only one of the 4 that i have literally nothing on but i suppose i should try a little harder than that
Wasn't serious, you're probably tired of me repeating myself about this anyways.
Oh dont worry, im placing the blame of how annoying this is entirely on Fanto.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So instead, ill put out a more general question of if hes actually done anything that stuck out to anyone? and if so any clue as to where in the thread would be lovely.
Hes the only one of the 4 that i have literally nothing on but i suppose i should try a little harder than that
Fatdog gave a very townie answer, I felt, to my asking him why he didn't vote d1. Not because not voting is good - it's not - but not being worried about it at all felt more genuine. I think his posts around Faddy's death and today too have felt townie - he's reaching out, talking to people, ruminating. You have to read it through fatdog speak, but it's there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Of the four:

wee and fatdog are doing the most to solve today, so if I have to vote amongst them, right now my vote would go toward Pancakes or Chuggs, but I wouldn't vote either of them if it weren't for the thunderdome.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Reki whats your favourite colour?

Fatdog gave a very townie answer, I felt, to my asking him why he didn't vote d1. Not because not voting is good - it's not - but not being worried about it at all felt more genuine. I think his posts around Faddy's death and today too have felt townie - he's reaching out, talking to people, ruminating. You have to read it through fatdog speak, but it's there.
lol i did actually just happen to read that again and thought similarly, but im still hesitant to take irreverent abandon as super NAi, hell iv done it enough to know.

Oct 25, 2017
Of the four:

wee and fatdog are doing the most to solve today, so if I have to vote amongst them, right now my vote would go toward Pancakes or Chuggs, but I wouldn't vote either of them if it weren't for the thunderdome.

Yeah sorry about that. Been kind of sick, and it's been throwing me off a bit. Have some reads that I'm going to post here in a bit. Beauty Bois!!!

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Of the four:

You're right that I haven't done a lot to solve this specific day. And there are reasons for that. But I knew some people would be ending up questioning this, so I'll say a few things.

As of right now, I'm reading all of us under the ⚡THUNDERDOME⚡ (cue Tina Turner) as being Town to various degrees. I don't think anybody in there should be dying today. As such, I'll try not to vote except if it's to explicitly defend myself. Or in a fringe situation, like if for example there's like 1 vote missing to end an everlasting day. There's 21 persons alive right now, having 11 votes on someone shouldn't be too difficult (I hope).

I'll also try to talk a bit less today if I can, because I don't want risking saying something by mistake that would give a reason for Scums to decide I'd rather be dead and start piling on me. I think I'll be more useful to Town alive than dead. I'll, of course, answer most questions directed at me, and will say what I must in a situation where I think it can help Town.

I'll also continue posting silly stuff.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feel better, Chuggs!

Stantastic Wanna chime in, buddy?

Dunno why that'd be relevant, but LB3 was my first game if you really wanna go look.

It makes sense to me because, as town, you don't want to give air to a case you know is wrong. Unless it's openly disingenuous and, as such, you can see bad faith behind it. As a meanie, there's no reason to bring your case to the spotlight by openly engaging in it; most often than not it'd die down unless it has real meat, in which case you probably played badly so whatever.

Aware a bunch of folks here disagree with that approach, but it's just a little quirk that helps me enjoy games a bit more, to be honest. Would hate to be locked in endless arguments constantly playing defense, and I've seen plenty of meltdowns of people in that position.

In the specific interaction we speak of, Faddy re-ignited an earlier comment of his about the irony of being criticized* for trying to set up a money transferring scheme while Chuggs collected a couple checks and bought stuff without any shade at all. Faddy uses disingenuous words to talk about it and Chuggs overreacts, imo. He answers strongly to the scam accusation, put's a vote down and justifies it.

(The next part I feel super dumb explaining because you have infinitely more wolf experience than me, but whatever.)

To me, it looked sus because the meanie... frame of mind, so to speak, is in such a constant state of alert that it usually overestimates the suspicion thrown that way. Wolves are finding slips or small mistakes in their play/posts that town barely even notices, and some players may strongly react to the smallest of shades on them depending on the situation.

So, did anyone listen to Faddy's accusations? Barely anyone. How was Chuggs perceived at the time? Pretty town-read. Why does he react so strongly then?

I'm not arguing for him to ignore something that, from his pov, looked disingenuous; but the tone of the response was uncalled for, imo. That's the gist of it.

To Faddy's theory about Chuggs lying; I've seen Faddy's wacky play a couple times, so it wasn't something out of the ordinary for him to say, at least in my opinion. Maybe you have a difference experience there?

And to be fair, I do think Faddy is a strong town player that has been unfairly lunched D1 for a weird comment or two. So I was coming at it from the mindset, I don't wanna lose potentially good folks that early, and that probably colored my view on the whole situation.

*I criticized Faddy and wee about the money fund too at the start of the game.

Hope that makes more sense.

What do you make of ATP spending money in the Shop when he needed it for Investigations?
You pretty much answered what I was going to say about ignoring cases against yourself. I haven't seen in much as a Town tactic but it's a pretty common Scum one, hence why I brought it up again to get you to put something concrete down.

I also get what you're going for with Chuggs reaction to Faddy. Scum jump at shadows a lot and can overread a situation, strong reaction to that, etc. but I was more surprised so see you not saying any of this during Day 1. Maybe it was buried in a post of yours but I don't recall seeing you say you wanted Faddy around because he gets voted off for silly things on Day 1, or Faddy's theory wasn't too odd, or really anything in his direct defense. Instead you have this indirect defense by sticking to Chuggs like I said.
Of the four:

whispers but pancakes is pretty town tho so why even go that way

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also someone has to go. The day doesn't end until they do and we can't no kill. So it becomes harm reduction if a majority can't agree otherwise on who might be sketchiest.

Believe me, I'd rather be focusing elsewhere. I hate thunderdomes.