Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So uhh the Get wee Lightning fund doesn't seem to have taken off. Remember you (yes YOU) need to contribute some Don Bucks so we can get the cool item.

I would prefer wee gets it with pooled money and a coming together of a community and not chuggs who has tried to gain money through gambling and exploiting people.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
My gut is telling me Reki is scum. They are playing so timidly then calling other people out when they do things. it feels like they don't want things to happen which is scummy imo.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Yes, the contract thing about Sparks is just a dumb joke referencing the fact that I joke-voted Sparks on my very first post of last game.

Why do you think a lot of us are vanilla town?

Mostly a hunch right now based on my own flip and the setup of the game. A lot of items with a store presumably changing its inventory each day. Player beginning with $1500 – maybe even more for some of us – and a bet system encouraging money to flow between players... It seems to me it's a setup where most of us have no or very low-impact powers, and in which our abilities and alignments will get modified as the game progresses because of items and events. Maybe there's also a Cult?

Again, I may be wrong, it's a very early reading of Day 1. And there are also these kinds of thing:
Town should consider buying a Hoodie to deny it from scum. It is a scummy item and that's all I am going to tell you about it.

Is this knowledge coming from a role power of from an item that has been purchased? Chugg says his poker duel thing doesn't come from an item.

So let's wait and see...

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
So uhh the Get wee Lightning fund doesn't seem to have taken off. Remember you (yes YOU) need to contribute some Don Bucks so we can get the cool item.

I would prefer wee gets it with pooled money and a coming together of a community and not chuggs who has tried to gain money through gambling and exploiting people.

I still don't get why it was decided that wee should be getting "donations". Also the money from Chugg's poker game came from house money so I'm not sure about the shade being thrown there.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get why it was decided that wee should be getting "donations". Also the money from Chugg's poker game came from house money so I'm not sure about the shade being thrown there.
Faddy why do you want to give Wee the most expansive, highest tier item right now on Day 1 when we basically have no real idea about her alignment?

wee asked for money first. It is that simple.

It could be something really good and the only way we can get it is by pooling money.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimate brad is definitely scum

Forgot this earlier but,

Isn't Ultima Brad dead for good?

my only worry with holding on to items is that leaves me as a target for scum

as the days go on and more flips happen, the dice (potentially) becomes more useful to town

I'm aware you weren't asking me - apologies! - but just as a bit of speculation;

In my mind a random redirect is anti-town in most scenarios. It usually messes up with the little information town has and meanies can play around it considering they've got more info. about night actions than any single town player.

It's utility could be guesstimated based on the type and amount of town PRs still alive - Protective? Investigative? etc. - and the Town/Non-town ratio of players. If your objective is to try and redirect a NK to a baddie, that's more likely to happen if we've flipped a few town bodies and that ratio has in their favor. However, it's also more risky since you could interfere with protection and our number advantage is low.

At the same time this is Bastard so I don't even know if we could trust night actions info. that much.

So post 1 here. Looks let's be real, this obviously wasn't going to work, but I really don't think scum Mao does this. Post number 2 here gives me some weird vibes, but again, I don't think scum Mao comes out and point blank asks me to give him money every day. Leaning town here.

Mao also put forth the theory that it was meanies could've been moving money around - something you said yourself too I believe - and pointed out at you. Anything to comment on that?

Stu is quiet which is NAI this early.

Could you elaborate a bit here? I don't really agree.

IMHO not-so-active Stu is not usually town, but it could very well be just him struggling a bit with a big game so I don't wanna put much stock onto that.

Blarg i can usually read well enough despite the noise, theres method and intention behind what he does, just have to ask "what is he actually accomplishing with the bullshit this time?".

What's Blarg accomplishing this time?

Ahhh yes, the "let's make a bet so when I try to play scum quiet this time I have an excuse" bet and then point that out post.

Could you clarify who's a meanie here? Launch, me, or both?

The I have mysterious reasons that I will never explain plus town shade post.

This borders on fishing.

You know, the more I think about it, Reki trying to bet me into being more quiet is kind of sus. They already said they expected a good amount of activity from me; if they were scum and knew I was town, keeping me from being a loud town voice would be in their best interest.

Launch, promise I'm not trying to be disrespectful here - I'm a reaaally bad town player after all - but I wouldn't try that when you yourself said;

I'm town. I'm not a great town player and I may not end up being all that useful, but being town should be enough to not want to vote me out over someone that could actually be scum. I'll be able to prove that with time.

I'm not a very good town player.

Town!Launchpad is still very much a work in progress

I'd probably went for someone I thought had a really strong town play.

So you're contradicting yourself here. Here too;

As Aeleus pointed out, being in the background is anti-town play.
I agree, 40 posts isn't a small amount in a general sense

Is 40 posts a "being in the background" amount, yes or no?

And this is more of a general comment about town-play in here, but the idea that if you don't make 80+ posts you're "in the background" hurts town more than it helps most of the time.

That his ability is likelier to be a town one

Channeling Z-Beat here, but there's probably one character from EZA that makes sense for that power and they're probably Town or Neutral going by flavor alone.

BOLD move for scum (and still relatively fresh player) to come out and imply that most of town is vanilla without having a clue about the makeup of the game

Would you be as kind as to elaborate a bit here?

Can't see why it would be so bold. It could attract some attention, but she could've laughed her way out of that stance really easily imo.

the dice on their own would cause what would normally be a LyLo/MyLo situation to not be - randomizing where NKs go could cause scum to kill themselves instead of town, so I can definitely see potential benefit.

Can't decide if a random redirect in LyLo would be more pro-town than anti-town but the salt alone would be probably worth a try.

If it helps, I intend to be more conscious about this in spite of the cancelled bet

Appreciate this, thank you.

I was ready to put a vote on you as soon as you undid the bet, but I can see where you're coming from and I don't think it's that suspicious that you wanted to make that bet.

Let's flip this; would you vote me if I didn't cancel the bet?

@Fanto : Hypothetically, could I make a bet with someone that I will flip town if I die? Or vice-versa? Or would my death null and void an accepted bet like that before it could be fulfilled?

This reads towny. Anyone else wants to chime in?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Testing game mechanics, pls no hate me Fanto :)

Bet Blargonaut: Accepted

pls no hurt me poverty vigilante am very nice kyaaa
That bet is not allowed

W1fDw6f.gif

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my, that's an awful lot of mistakes. Apologies.

Forgot to mention, my activity could be intermittent for the rest of the phase depending on how some stuff works out. But please don't let that deter you from suspecting me if you so desire, as Faddy did. Promise I'll try to get to pings/questions as quickly as possible.

Death can't save us from collections

Thanks for sharing your wisdom, Blarg. But I gotta be honest; your GIF play has been a bit out-of-flavor this time around, don't you think?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Could you clarify who's a meanie here? Launch, me, or both?

This borders on fishing.

A) More Launch than you but if I wanted to go full conspiracy both.
B) Eh, I don't really role fish and if I was I would be a lot more obvious about it. Just a stylistic peeve of mine when people tease all knowing information and then it rarely ever delivers. I'm in the book of if you have information and want to share it then share if. If you have information and don't want to share it yet or maybe just do some crumbing that's fine as well. If you have information (which really no one is going to have any information at all yet) and just tease tease tease without doing either of those first two things then I don't like it. I understand there are reasons for it beyond just playstyle just something that catches my eye in a negative way.

Feels pretty NAI to me, something easy to say but can't really be proved without VA dying so doesn't really show much of anything to me.

It could be something really good and the only way we can get it is by pooling money.

Wee asking first doesn't really make it a good reason. I don't really object to money pooling, although as others have noted that it could be very easy for scum to move money around as well, but just because wee was the first to ask doesn't feel like a good reason to pool the money with them.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Wee asking first doesn't really make it a good reason. I don't really object to money pooling, although as others have noted that it could be very easy for scum to move money around as well, but just because wee was the first to ask doesn't feel like a good reason to pool the money with them.

You ever here of first come, first served. Is there a better way to pick? I think typically mafia are more shy when it comes to unknown mechanics. What if the lightning thing is a bomb and Fanto is trolling on day 1, bad for mafia to commit to doing things that might hurt their team.

I *think* the prize will be something good. And we would be stupid to not get it. And again I am going to state my opinion here. It is simply bad manners to not play with all the game mechanics we have been given.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
You ever here of first come, first served. Is there a better way to pick? I think typically mafia are more shy when it comes to unknown mechanics. What if the lightning thing is a bomb and Fanto is trolling on day 1, bad for mafia to commit to doing things that might hurt their team.

I *think* the prize will be something good. And we would be stupid to not get it. And again I am going to state my opinion here. It is simply bad manners to not play with all the game mechanics we have been given.

I don't really agree with the bolded, scum typically has the most information and can manipulate the mechanics a bit more. And yes I don't have a great idea of how we would determine who gets the money pooled on them but first come first serve doesn't really feel like a good rationale.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Not to belittle this Kyanrute guy or anything, but man his play must be shit as hell if you are saying things like this when your protection vote is going for someone else.
I think Chugg is town, too, though maybe a little less than I think you are, but also more folks believe his towniness. Me believing your towniness is based on something only I can know that I can't talk about yet. The missing 5% there is me saying we shouldn't take anything for granted, either.

What ? Please explain further as to why this makes you believe that player to be town.
Well, let me talk through it and see if it holds up. I know what I want to say, the challenge is putting words to it...

Scum making broad statements about the game's makeup while only having purview over their own roles can be pretty risky if, in a few days, we see a notable lack of vanilla role flips; town would come back around to Pancakes' statement and ask, "well, what were you on about?" and think maybe Pancakes was lying. Scum would only make this statement if they had some assurance that there were several vanilla players, and it's highly unlikely they would know that at D1. The game is labeled as bastard - my first inclination was to think it was role madness, as well, but that may not be true. This is just anecdotal, but I suspect several players also came into the game suspecting this would be role madness. Basically, I think it's a gamble for scum!Pancakes to come out and make a comment like this, both as scum and as a relatively new player.

Basically, the simplest conclusion is that Pancakes is vanilla and did not think through that scum is going to pick up on that and avoid killing her for awhile, instead trying fishing for more roles.

You accepting that bet, cancelling it and trying to shade her into making that bet is as suspicious though. Just pointing it out .
I threw shade, but I backed out of that when I saw Reki's response.

Launch, promise I'm not trying to be disrespectful here - I'm a reaaally bad town player after all - but I wouldn't try that when you yourself said;

I'd probably went for someone I thought had a really strong town play.

So you're contradicting yourself here. Here too;
AW YIS, Reki super posts. I really do enjoy these!

To your credit here, also, you've not seen my town play to know whether I would be a threat or not.

But just in a very general sense, even just being a loud town voice is something scum would not want around. For example, Puns in Risk - at the point in time when we decided to kill him, Puns was totally off the reservation and was doing the scumhunting bad. However, he was still a strong town voice, and even a clock is right twice a day. We couldn't risk Puns coming to his senses the next phase even when he had shown some poor judgement that phase.

In two games I played previously with myself as scum and Chugg as a strong town voice, he did not suspect me and in both cases strongly townread me. Killing him was still the right call because he could rally town around a lynch, which was more power than we wanted out there.

A strong town voice can be hugely detrimental to scum - whether they're right all the time or not. With your clarifications, I don't think this is what you were doing, but I wanted to explain my thinking nonetheless.

Is 40 posts a "being in the background" amount, yes or no?

And this is more of a general comment about town-play in here, but the idea that if you don't make 80+ posts you're "in the background" hurts town more than it helps most of the time.
Welllllll, I did dip below 40 during some phases in Mario and Transistor, I think, but I was trying to avoid attention in those instances and just letting town eat itself alive. I don't consciously try to post so much, but I do try to keep engaged as town, so it might end up being more on average. That said, I've taken your feedback to heart and I am genuinely trying to slow my roll a bit; this game is moving fast enough as it is.

Channeling Z-Beat here, but there's probably one character from EZA that makes sense for that power and they're probably Town or Neutral going by flavor alone.
I am sure the flavor lines up, so thank you for the input there.

Would you be as kind as to elaborate a bit here?

Can't see why it would be so bold. It could attract some attention, but she could've laughed her way out of that stance really easily imo.
See my response to nin above.

Can't decide if a random redirect in LyLo would be more pro-town than anti-town but the salt alone would be probably worth a try.
It could go either way, but I just mean that even if we mislynch and scum have equal numbers to us, it won't be the end because they could botch a kill.

Let's flip this; would you vote me if I didn't cancel the bet?
Depending on the response. I would have first tried to convince you and suss out your reasoning for not doing so. If you had provided the same reasoning, I would not have voted, though. I'm not sure if/how you would have used the same reasoning in that scenario.

Just a gut read, but yes, I agree it reads towny.

Oct 26, 2017
Feels pretty NAI to me, something easy to say but can't really be proved without VA dying so doesn't really show much of anything to me.
My thought is that if someone is town, and about to be toaster strudled, the town play would be for the townie to go down helping other town as much as possible. To do this, hypothetically, I'd bet you X amount that when I flip, I won't be town. You accept. Then when I do get strudled and flip town, you get some extra moolah in your bank for winning the bet. In my eyes, it's a move to be employed right near the end to try and help town, but not a move made to prove alignment.

Oct 26, 2017
Random thought: my only fear with knowing where money is pooled is that I wouldn't be surprised if someone has a power to steal money.

The above thought is in no way a breadcrumb of any kind. I cannot steal money. Thank you for your time.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Faddy why do you want to give Wee the most expansive, highest tier item right now on Day 1 when we basically have no real idea about her alignment?
You should be able to get a thought on my alignment if I have provided enough content between the jokes. Whether Faddy has an actual opinion on that due to having played with me before, I don't know.

Or, if I have talked a lot and provided no real content, you should make note of it.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
jman1954goat if you're making an effort to chill a bit, I appreciate that.

But it's time to come in and share something. You need to talk enough that we can get a read on you.'

@anyone Is snorlax a pokemon?

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Speaking of your bad habits, fake concern for an obvious thing being a trap is one of them.

That said, why you're Pop-Tarting Pancakes likely has to do with this:

Speaking so openly about her role is an indication that she may be town, regardless of what that role is. If Pancakes were scum, I expect she'd be more cautious since she and her teammates don't know what potential implications there are with talking about this "contractual obligation". So in that respect, I do not disagree with your protection target - you're likely protecting a town player.

That's more legwork than I would expect from scum!Hawthorn - as you stated in your post there, you're more likely to push bad lynches than analyze other's posts. That said, I think you're getting better with every game, so I'm increasingly weary of you since you exist in one of my blind spots.

My pop-tart vote for Pancakes is more about her comments about vanilla roles, I did think she was joking about Sparks.

I'm wary of you too, for the same reasons! XD

Do you think that Wee is town?

But you're suggesting that we subvert the bet system to deliberately get money to one player. To my mind, Fanto's intention was clearly that we would make bets intending to win. How is your plan more playing along with the game mechanics than other bets?

Oct 26, 2017
jman1954goat if you're making an effort to chill a bit, I appreciate that.

But it's time to come in and share something. You need to talk enough that we can get a read on you.'

@anyone Is snorlax a pokemon?
snorlax-stats-1.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how it relates to Easy Allies. I know nothing about them...but they seem to have a decent amount of Pokemon videos out there. So, I'd say they're fans.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I think Chugg is town, too, though maybe a little less than I think you are, but also more folks believe his towniness. Me believing your towniness is based on something only I can know that I can't talk about yet. The missing 5% there is me saying we shouldn't take anything for granted, either.

Occam's Razor says you got the something from your PM. The same Razor says that you should trust your PM over a bunch of random opinions even if you are paranoid about the chance that Fanto is lying about things. Just speculating here, no need to say anything in response. Just don't pull the Emissary card when you eventually explain this, that'd look bad.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Its been about 12 hours, but I wanted to repeat my trust exercise. When day end comes (or whenever) I have promised to not make any bets for the entire first day.

So when appropriate (obviously not now with all the betting to snag items) you should bet on this fact. If you trust me you should bet "yes" he won't make any bets. and if you don't you should take those bets.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think that Wee is town?

Not strongly. But I don't have any scum vibes right now. Just batting away vague scum reads with no care is a plus for town wee.

Honestly I would have given my money to Chuggs if he had asked for it right away. And partly why I am giving him a side eye right now. He had the most money and was getting a few townie reads from his day power it seemed like it was a good idea to try and get a high priced item. But then he dismissed the idea. So I when wee showed an interest with the trap bet I thought why not?

Worst case wee is scum and gets an item. They then need to plausibly say what the item was and justify how they used it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I say vague scum reads. I mean when anyone was questioning wee the response was not overly thought out. Just adamant I AM TOWN vibes.

Which tbf to chuggs he did do as well. He probably is town on the assumption that a lot of people are saying he is. I don't think mafia want to fight him and are happy to give out a free Pop Tart while doing little else.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think typically mafia are more shy when it comes to unknown mechanics. What if the lightning thing is a bomb and Fanto is trolling on day 1, bad for mafia to commit to doing things that might hurt their team.
Mafia is NOT shy about unknown mechanics ime. Usually there's someone on the team who will be proactive.

That's just personality dependent. A talker talks. LP doesn't talk. Blarg posts gifs and only occasionally says something relevant.

I say this despite being the one to jump on the idea, lol.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Its been about 12 hours, but I wanted to repeat my trust exercise. When day end comes (or whenever) I have promised to not make any bets for the entire first day.

So when appropriate (obviously not now with all the betting to snag items) you should bet on this fact. If you trust me you should bet "yes" he won't make any bets. and if you don't you should take those bets.

What's the point of this exercise? To me it looks like nothing but pointless busywork, hey I am helping! and all that.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I'm now available to play some mafia but when I look at what I think needs doing (I'd like to deep dive on the item fishing and do some ISOs on the new players who I haven't seen before) I just lose all will to get into it.

So...

Bet Any player: $1500, Aeleus will complete the following tasks before the end of day 1:
-Some form of examination on comments pushing for people to reveal how their items work.
-ISOs on the players AllThingsPurple, A Wild Ambulance Appears and Conditional-Pancakes

This bet is considered null and void if the day ends via a majority vote

I aeleus pinky promise to give the money back if I win, this is only meant to pressure myself into doing it

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see you're here for the unimportant bits of the day.

Who's your top 3 scum/town?
Top Scum: Hawthorn and Launchpad are top scum for me right now. Its mostly based on being burned from last two games. maybe blarg, just because the bets seem like they are on brand, but the bets that were not allowed seemed off somehow.

town: you and Aeleus, maybe reki or Vincent Alexander at this point but like my third scum read i'm still developing reads.

Mostly throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks, I guess?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
B) Eh, I don't really role fish and if I was I would be a lot more obvious about it. Just a stylistic peeve of mine when people tease all knowing information and then it rarely ever delivers. I'm in the book of if you have information and want to share it then share if. If you have information and don't want to share it yet or maybe just do some crumbing that's fine as well. If you have information (which really no one is going to have any information at all yet) and just tease tease tease without doing either of those first two things then I don't like it. I understand there are reasons for it beyond just playstyle just something that catches my eye in a negative way.

I can see that, but it could also be a town!Launch attempt at making sure that doesn't get lost when he flips.

Guessing my problem with it was that your accusation sounded a bit strong for the evidence you brought up, if that makes any sense. So let me ask, how sure are you about meanie!Launch? If possible, try not to invoke the boring "As sure as one can be D1." or any easy exit like that, please.

AW YIS, Reki super posts. I really do enjoy these!

This weirds me out so much. You're supposed to hate these and shout... looks it up... "Pointless homework!" and skim it and suspect me. What's happening, is this a pocket attempt?

But... thank you, I guess? Think of it like a reserved, expectant thanks, though.

Basically, the simplest conclusion is that Pancakes is vanilla and did not think through that scum is going to pick up on that and avoid killing her for awhile, instead trying fishing for more roles.

I can see that, thanks for expanding on it.

What do you think of the rest of her play so far? I'm struggling a bit to place the slot right now.

To your credit here, also, you've not seen my town play to know whether I would be a threat or not.
A strong town voice can be hugely detrimental to scum - whether they're right all the time or not. With your clarifications, I don't think this is what you were doing, but I wanted to explain my thinking nonetheless.

Both are fair points.

Since we're talking activity and anti-town play, why don't you help me figure out the low posters a bit? Thinking out loud here, feel free to destroy these if you want;

jman (0): literally no posts, it's weirding me out a bit but if this is how his "I'm gonna post less" looks like then that was a bit more extreme than I was expecting.
LP (1): nothing post, but LP's contributions to solving usually pick up as the phase progresses.
turms (3): actually liking both his serious opening post and low activity. Trying something different so he doesn't get lunched D1? It could be all a ruse but I kinda like it? Weird, I know, because he's barely talking.
Stu (5): as I told Chuggs, not used to this approach from Stu but it could very well be NAI and I love playing with Stu, so null for now. The early Pop-Tart - before Chuggs received more votes - read a bit sus at the time, though.
Hedin (6): out of this group Hedin is the more engaged in actually meaningful conversation. While I do think he may be leaning too hard into your case, I do agree with his comment about wee.

(We can talk Stan (7), VA (8) and rac (9) later so we don't bloat it right away.)

There could be meanie(s) in here, but they could also probably be easy pushes too, and that leaves me wondergin.

My thought is that if someone is town, and about to be toaster strudled, the town play would be for the townie to go down helping other town as much as possible. To do this, hypothetically, I'd bet you X amount that when I flip, I won't be town. You accept. Then when I do get strudled and flip town, you get some extra moolah in your bank for winning the bet. In my eyes, it's a move to be employed right near the end to try and help town, but not a move made to prove alignment.

This is what I was thinking of when I made that comment, Hedin. Figuring out that if you were to die, it'd be better to transfer your money to another player so it doesn't go to waste is a towny mindset in my eyes.

At the same time, re-reading the post in question, VA's wording was - paraphrasing - "Bet I flip town", which would get him money after dead. So, dunno, may've jumped to conclusions there.

Fanto's intention was clearly that we would make bets intending to win

Creator's intent.

I'm trying to figure out how it relates to Easy Allies. I know nothing about them...but they seem to have a decent amount of Pokemon videos out there. So, I'd say they're fans.

They have a Snorlax plushie, it appears here and there.

Zipped, wee threw a question your way. Will you answer?

For any of us to want to get involved into that stuff you should give us more to judge if we trust you or not. Anything else you wanna share? Fake edit: just saw you posted, will check it in a bit.

I thought majority voting wasn't allowed today?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of this exercise? To me it looks like nothing but pointless busywork, hey I am helping! and all that.
hardly. Making bets is a great way to make money, but with all the easy bets to pass money around without flips its going to be a lot of noise. Trust is a key component in Mafia, and almost every game (unless I am mod confirmed town) I get scum read. So Why not own it, give people a place to say " I don't trust you and I'm going to make money off that.

Then it also works to reinforce that idea the next day "hey he lied, and did it just to pass money from me to another person!"

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Zipped, wee threw a question your way. Will you answer?

For any of us to want to get involved into that stuff you should give us more to judge if we trust you or not. Anything else you wanna share? Fake edit: just saw you posted, will check it in a bit.

The top town, top scum question, or did I miss something on a previous page? Top 2 bottom 2 I had based on gut instinct, moving that to top 3 is harder at this point for me. but its up there post 683.

If I missed another question, I'll gladly answer it.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I agree at least partially with nin, that Launch-Reki bet was a bit sus. Launch looks a bit worse there with the way he spun around in circles, looking for a way out of the bet. While I don't agree with Reki's reasoning personally, I know for a fact that some people are completely turned away by fast-paced games so I can accept that logic.

I don't like that both Launch and Hawthorn are already playing the WOE IS ME THE ETERNAL SCUMMIE, NEVER WILL I LEARN TO PLAY TOWN -card. It doesn't really help, especially when it is played this prematurely. At least save it for when you are under actual pressure.

Pancakes' idea about there being a lot of vanillas around can be spun in many ways. Don't think there is a conclusion there.

hardly. Making bets is a great way to make money, but with all the easy bets to pass money around without flips its going to be a lot of noise. Trust is a key component in Mafia, and almost every game (unless I am mod confirmed town) I get scum read. So Why not own it, give people a place to say " I don't trust you and I'm going to make money off that.

Then it also works to reinforce that idea the next day "hey he lied, and did it just to pass money from me to another person!"

Sure, that works in principle. Where's the noise currently though? I don't think the betting market has been that hard to track so far. In addition, isn't it a bit contradictory to say that bets are noise and then do what you are doing to encourage more bets?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like that both Launch and Hawthorn are already playing the WOE IS ME THE ETERNAL SCUMMIE, NEVER WILL I LEARN TO PLAY TOWN -card. It doesn't really help, especially when it is played this prematurely. At least save it for when you are under actual pressure.
Hence why they are my top two scum, fool me once, GG, fool me twice, GG you got me good, I do NOT want to be fooled a third time in a row from Hawthorn. She is too good.

Sure, that works in principle. Where's the noise currently though? I don't think the betting market has been that hard to track so far. In addition, isn't it a bit contradictory to say that bets are noise and then do what you are doing to encourage more bets?
when I originally made the announcement there really hadn't been a bunch of bets yet. I guess I am anticipating them to get crazy out of hand, so I want something I can search for easier (since whenever I come back to read and post, first thing I do is Ctrl-f for my name)

Oct 25, 2017
Reki Honestly I would have agreed with you about Stu a couple of games ago, but I had quieter Stu in that game when he made the secret town chat and he ended up being town there. I was convinced he was scum because of that until I popped up there. So yeah, going to stay NAI.

Well good news for you, I spent most of my money on a Nintendo

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My top town at the mo is probably Kyanrute. Due to the possibilities with launch.

Town!launch: offers green check from role PM because he really has a green check in role PM
Scum!launch: offers green check. If scum mate, it's done in a weird early way. I wouldn't expect it was a coordinated effort with chuggs, launch AND kyan in the first 2 posts, 2 at the most On the same team i'd expect. If kyan is town, he's leaving the 5% out of "oh he was neutral/bastard game lol" And it may be a pocket attempt. Why kyan he picks in the opening post? Dunno, familiarity maybe, people tend to continue conversations from previous games in the early early hours.

Either alignment of launch, probability is that kyan is actually Not!mafia.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Occam's Razor says you got the something from your PM. The same Razor says that you should trust your PM over a bunch of random opinions even if you are paranoid about the chance that Fanto is lying about things. Just speculating here, no need to say anything in response. Just don't pull the Emissary card when you eventually explain this, that'd look bad.
Help me out here - what is the Emissary card?

This weirds me out so much. You're supposed to hate these and shout... looks it up... "Pointless homework!" and skim it and suspect me. What's happening, is this a pocket attempt?

But... thank you, I guess? Think of it like a reserved, expectant thanks, though.
I promise this isn't a pocket. I make a point of recognizing good qualities when I see them. You 1) generally make good points (even some I had to pretend to not agree with last game we played), and 2) give a lot of content to look back on later.

I can see that, thanks for expanding on it.

What do you think of the rest of her play so far? I'm struggling a bit to place the slot right now.
It's really a whole lot of nothing so far, I think. Pancakes mentioning the vanilla thing is literally the only thing in my notes (and a quick glance through her posts basically confirms there isn't much there). Still, what little she said with respect to her own role tells us a lot already. Most of her conversation has been about items on the store.

Both are fair points.

Since we're talking activity and anti-town play, why don't you help me figure out the low posters a bit? Thinking out loud here, feel free to destroy these if you want;
Ok, this is good. This'll help take bite size chunks out of the game versus trying to read everything that's going on.

jman (0): literally no posts, it's weirding me out a bit but if this is how his "I'm gonna post less" looks like then that was a bit more extreme than I was expecting.
Yeah, I think he has taken that to an extreme. Without much to read for him, I don't think I'm comfortable guessing one way or the other. In fact - extremely uncomfortable trying to guess is how I'd put it. I've played a lot of games in a short period of time with Jman. He will surprise us, no matter what we expect from him.

LP (1): nothing post, but LP's contributions to solving usually pick up as the phase progresses.
My thoughts align with yours here. Even before LyLo in Risk, LP was playing a sharp game and I expect we'll have a better idea of his alignment depending on what he does end up contributing that's substantive.

turms (3): actually liking both his serious opening post and low activity. Trying something different so he doesn't get lunched D1? It could be all a ruse but I kinda like it? Weird, I know, because he's barely talking.
turm does tend to argue himself into a corner, early and fast, so this is unexpected. Would town!turm come into the game and decide that he's going to do something different - I think absolutely, and same for scum!turm. So I think NAI from me.

Stu (5): as I told Chuggs, not used to this approach from Stu but it could very well be NAI and I love playing with Stu, so null for now. The early Pop-Tart - before Chuggs received more votes - read a bit sus at the time, though.
Stu has been super quiet lately in general, pretty much since Transistor. I think this is NAI. I would like to see more from him, whatever that looks like.

Hedin (6): out of this group Hedin is the more engaged in actually meaningful conversation. While I do think he may be leaning too hard into your case, I do agree with his comment about wee.
I absolutely want to give MrHedin some time to breathe this game. I said it at least once, but he gets unfairly railroaded by town really quickly - I have done it to him before, even. I think that 1) his suspicions of me are completely warranted and I absolutely will need to prove my alignment to him through my actions; and 2) he is engaged and pursuing the right lines of questioning. Beyond that, I need to engage with him directly.

I'm not going to save it for when I'm under pressure, and I won't mention it again. I am just going to keep doing what I'm doing right now.

Oct 25, 2017
My top town at the mo is probably Kyanrute. Due to the possibilities with launch.

Town!launch: offers green check from role PM because he really has a green check in role PM
Scum!launch: offers green check. If scum mate, it's done in a weird early way. I wouldn't expect it was a coordinated effort with chuggs, launch AND kyan in the first 2 posts, 2 at the most On the same team i'd expect. If kyan is town, he's leaving the 5% out of "oh he was neutral/bastard game lol" And it may be a pocket attempt. Why kyan he picks in the opening post? Dunno, familiarity maybe, people tend to continue conversations from previous games in the early early hours.

Either alignment of launch, probability is that kyan is actually Not!mafia.

Yeah, this is where I'm at too. It's either a completely insane scum play or Kyan is town

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Reki Honestly I would have agreed with you about Stu a couple of games ago, but I had quieter Stu in that game when he made the secret town chat and he ended up being town there. I was convinced he was scum because of that until I popped up there. So yeah, going to stay NAI.

Well good news for you, I spent most of my money on a Nintendo

Gambling and conning for a nintendo is praxis.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning! Just catching up now, I'll be around for the next ~45 minutes or so and then I'll be gone for a bit.

For starters though:
Stuart444 will be replaced. I'll start looking for a replacement ASAP
@Fanto are you saving the post numbers of who people are voting to save?
I'm hand counting those votes in a spreadsheet, yeah.
Question: are bets "locked in" when you confirmed them, or after offer + acceptance?
Once I've confirmed them and said it is "locked in" then the bet is official and active.
Bet LaunchpadMcQ Cancelled
Bet between Launchpad and Reki is cancelled
@Fanto : Hypothetically, could I make a bet with someone that I will flip town if I die? Or vice-versa? Or would my death null and void an accepted bet like that before it could be fulfilled?
Your death would automatically cancel any bets that you were a part of, so I wouldn't allow a bet like that to be made.
Bet Any player: $1500, Aeleus will complete the following tasks before the end of day 1:
-Some form of examination on comments pushing for people to reveal how their items work.
-ISOs on the players AllThingsPurple, A Wild Ambulance Appears and Conditional-Pancakes

Your bets need to target a specific player, you can't just bet "any player", so this bet is not allowed to be accepted unless you target someone specifically.

Also:
Do I need to remind everyone that there is no Majority rule in effect for either of the votes today?
In addition, there is no majority rule in effect for either of these votes.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

TheChuggernaut (2 votes)
Faddy - #308
Funky Dude Sparks - #373

Hawthorn (1 votes)
MrHedin - #269

Blargonaut (1 votes)
AllThingsPurple - #324

Faddy (1 votes)
Hawthorn - #119

Aeleus (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #164

jman1954goat (1 votes)
Kyanrute - #593

Not voting: Vincent Alexander, Reki, Fat4all, A Wild Ambulance Appears, Nin, Lone_Prodigy, TheChuggernaut, Zippedpinhead, LaunchpadMcQ, Stantastic, jman1954goat, Aeleus, Maolfunction, Conditional-Pancakes, Stuart444, Blargonaut, turmoil7, rac

Post Counts:
Fat4all: 90 TheChuggernaut: 62 weemadarthur: 58 Blargonaut: 53 Funky Dude Sparks: 39 AllThingsPurple: 39 Conditional-Pancakes: 35 Nin: 26 Aeleus: 23 Maolfunction: 22 Faddy: 20 Kyanrute: 20 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 20 LaunchpadMcQ: 19 Reki: 17 Zippedpinhead: 15 Hawthorn: 11 rac: 9 Vincent Alexander: 8 Stantastic: 7 MrHedin: 6 Stuart444: 5 turmoil7: 3 Lone_Prodigy: 1

Pop Tart Votes:

qbef83k.png