Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Will get to that later, Vere.

You could've dropped all those repeats and just said that "VA is at least somewhat consistent in his stances" and then told us what you thought about it. Not every battle is worth taking and not every detail is worth retelling. Like now I am thinking that this looks horribly fluffy and I think worse of you.

Thanks for taking the time, Kyan.

It's because I'm continuously stating what happened that I can later go "this tracks with this other thing". Can agree with you that maybe it's not worth it to reiterate everything, but anyone wanting to fully re-read VA in the future can just look at that post and have a chunk of the work already done, so it was put there anyways.

In regards to battles worth taking and the optics of the whole thing, I've got to comment that it started as an attempt to reassess VA because, before that, he was tricky to pin down to me. So I wasn't thinking of timing or how it could be read as a bunch of fluff/busywork, because I wasn't worried about the look at all. The only time I've been, my postcount was a fraction of the one in this game.

Does that make a bit more sense? I'll try and post more impressions/comments of my own next time anyways, but that's what I - attempt - when catching-up, normally. Sounds fair?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean vere thought it was a high chance he would be a target of some night time shenanigans, its not surprising he would think the Sawneeks kill made sense too
anigif_sub-buzz-4910-1571893437-2.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Reki, I would argue that anything related to Vere is currently a more pressing topic than your read of VA, conversation with Kyan notwithstanding.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I think the spec phone is a terrible item but if people think there is a great question out there that will give us something meaningful, cool. At least it ain't purposefully anti-town.

Nobody has claimed anything that would make us understand what happened to the ticket so it should be assumed that it was a scum power. Moreover, townies had little reason to manipulate rac in the first place. There is a bad scenario here where scum blocked rac and manipulated ATP's result somehow but what's the alternative here? Reki? malus? If we were fooled here then the Neeks kill was a purposeful kill to get a town-ish target that likely wouldn't be protected or watched. What was rac's result again, no PM? But if rac gets blocked and if Vere is town, how did Vere get the results then?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Will get to that later, Vere.

Thanks for taking the time, Kyan.

It's because I'm continuously stating what happened that I can later go "this tracks with this other thing". Can agree with you that maybe it's not worth it to reiterate everything, but anyone wanting to fully re-read VA in the future can just look at that post and have a chunk of the work already done, so it was put there anyways.

In regards to battles worth taking and the optics of the whole thing, I've got to comment that it started as an attempt to reassess VA because, before that, he was tricky to pin down to me. So I wasn't thinking of timing or how it could be read as a bunch of fluff/busywork, because I wasn't worried about the look at all. The only time I've been, my postcount was a fraction of the one in this game.

Does that make a bit more sense? I'll try and post more impressions/comments of my own next time anyways, but that's what I - attempt - when catching-up, normally. Sounds fair?
But I will say this:

As a big fan of visible process, I appreciate longer posts and explanations. HOWEVER, I don't think it's necessary to show all that work and the sad honest truth is that most people just aren't going to read it. DOING that work isn't bad. Hell, you should see my notes sometimes. But you can then pick the most important things to post and then there's a higher chance people will read it. You still have the work in case you need to go deeper.

Doing it all, posting it all, when it's about someone who's probably not impactful on the solve at this stage of the game looks like busywork and avoidance, though, in terms of optics. So yeah, I am with Kyan on this. That effort would be better spent on any number of folks right now. I truly get (if you are town) wanting to settle VA for yourself. I do. But without any deep findings that show how the game has gone off the rails, it just seems unnecessary to put all that up, if that makes sense.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think the spec phone is a terrible item but if people think there is a great question out there that will give us something meaningful, cool. At least it ain't purposefully anti-town.

Nobody has claimed anything that would make us understand what happened to the ticket so it should be assumed that it was a scum power. Moreover, townies had little reason to manipulate rac in the first place. There is a bad scenario here where scum blocked rac and manipulated ATP's result somehow but what's the alternative here? Reki? malus? If we were fooled here then the Neeks kill was a purposeful kill to get a town-ish target that likely wouldn't be protected or watched. What was rac's result again, no PM? But if rac gets blocked and if Vere is town, how did Vere get the results then?
The only other option to explain, I think, is some miscommunication between rac and Fanto (or, I suppose, an actually scum rac playing the fuck out of us but this scenario doesn't seem to benefit scum so I can't see that as a possibility). So, yes, scum fuckery seems the best explanation.

But I think the Sneeks situation is separate.

Oct 26, 2017
Time to reveal some shenanigans last night:

I had the Pelt of Perception. The Pelt of Perception allowed me to select two players overnight. Any action that happened to one would happen to the other AND vice-versa. I selected Dr. Monkey and Sawneeks. I wanted to keep Dr. Monkey alive, and I needed a 2nd target that wasn't a likely NK so I didn't accidentally murder Monkey. And I needed someone that wasn't a likely target of Rac with a Prove It Ticket.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017

I had the Pelt of Perception. The Pelt of Perception allowed me to select two players overnight. Any action that happened to one would happen to the other AND vice-versa. I selected Dr. Monkey and Sawneeks. I wanted to keep Dr. Monkey alive, and I needed a 2nd target that wasn't a likely NK so I didn't accidentally murder Monkey. And I needed someone that wasn't a likely target of Rac with a Prove It Ticket.
well, that is an interesting turn of events!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Confirm that VA told me this and I believe him.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
(or, I suppose, an actually scum rac playing the fuck out of us but this scenario doesn't seem to benefit scum so I can't see that as a possibility)
i mean ill remember this next time i roll scum

just gotta play the shit outta myself as well cause i have no idea whats going on

why does scum!vere claim to have gotten my check?
why does vere claim to have gotten a message instead of a result?
if someone made it so vere and i were switched why didnt he get monkey's message?
why wasn't vere's pr able to see who gave him my result

does scum have a pr that can switch just results? or results of items?
because if that was the case why is atp still getting results

is it possible someone has been feeding atp bad results?

rac

Oct 25, 2017

but i wasnt done distrusting monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my. I see what you did there. I imagine Monkey already knows this?
VA and I bonded during twilight waiting to see how Sneeks flipped when we saw she wasn't in the pairs list. We were hoping she was scum but alas, no.
but i wasnt done distrusting monkey
sorry, friend

We don't KNOW that's what happened, but I think it's a much stronger possibility than "scum thinned the vote pool for some reason."

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
i mean ill remember this next time i roll scum

just gotta play the shit outta myself as well cause i have no idea whats going on

if someone made it so vere and i were switched why didnt he get monkey's message?

What comes under doubt if Vere claims to have received your results?

ATP's red check. Simple as that. It doesn't need to make sense, it just needs to have us scratching our heads enough that Vere lives another day.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Did someone switch Vere and rac with the 2nd Pelt then? The results that rac was supposed to get were given to Vere. $2000 is a lot and not that many people would've been able to buy it. The 2nd Pelt has not been claimed and the way it might've been used suggests that it was used by scum.

I had the money for it and Blarg should've had the cash as well. rac bought the ticket, he did not buy it and I don't think Hedin has ever had that kind of money. I am less sure about the others, my notes aren't detailed enough. ATP is a possibility too I think.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Vere's mistake is that his fake claim wasn't bold enough. He should have claimed something ridiculous, not something clever. Counter claim the cop! Claim doctor! Murder Blarg in broad daylight! Do something so scummy, people won't think you're scum.

Did someone switch Vere and rac with the 2nd Pelt then? The results that rac was supposed to get were given to Vere. $2000 is a lot and not that many people would've been able to buy it. The 2nd Pelt has not been claimed and the way it might've been used suggests that it was used by scum.

I had the money for it and Blarg should've had the cash as well. rac bought the ticket, he did not buy it and I don't think Hedin has ever had that kind of money. I am less sure about the others, my notes aren't detailed enough. ATP is a possibility too I think.
Then rac would've gotten Vere's results, which he did not receive. He would have at least received whoever used the pelt.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Also the pelt seems to change targets, not recipients of results.

For the record, I don't think Vere got any results.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Vere says he didn't get any hint that anyone targeted him. He just "ended up" with rac's results somehow.

So I'm back to either:
1. it's a lie (the whole claim, I mean)
2. there's an honest mistake somewhere in a chain of game communication, which happens sometimes, but it's not something we can evaluate at this time and unless Launch is scum, rac has someone to help him parse things in hype chat, so... big shrug on this one

rac & Launch, are y'all going to reveal whatever it is you've been working on today or nah? It's unlikely you would both die, so there's that if you want to sit on it.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Pen. Right. That was really clever btw, mighty is the little pen. I miss all these little details lol. Back to the results being fake then.

Pelt might've eaten strongman too if we are lucky. Wonderful.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Vere says he didn't get any hint that anyone targeted him. He just "ended up" with rac's results somehow.

So I'm back to either:
1. it's a lie (the whole claim, I mean)
2. there's an honest mistake somewhere in a chain of game communication, which happens sometimes, but it's not something we can evaluate at this time and unless Launch is scum, rac has someone to help him parse things in hype chat, so... big shrug on this one

rac & Launch, are y'all going to reveal whatever it is you've been working on today or nah? It's unlikely you would both die, so there's that if you want to sit on it.
We decided to hold off. If we're mass claiming tomorrow, that'll be the time to do it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We decided to hold off. If we're mass claiming tomorrow, that'll be the time to do it.
yeah, I still have my last trick hidden in my sleeve but I would rather keep it there for now, too. VA knows about it so that's my insurance. And I'm hype af about his phone.

I think we are in a good position. I am IFFY about Vere for so many reasons because there are a lot of moving pieces but I do lean toward we have to flip him here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So in the interest of hammering out where we stand again:

• malus has some items inherited from Pancakes
  • Kyan has mysterious keys
  • VA has a phone, he may or may not want to talk more about it, I'll leave that to him
  • Blarg ain't telling what he has and that's a shame
  • Fat maybe? still has dice
  • rac has money
  • ATP can I think do another check?

So we are really well positioned and there's no one person meanies can knock out tonight and collapse everything, even if someone with items is themselves mafia.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So in the interest of hammering out where we stand again:

• malus has some items inherited from Pancakes
  • Kyan has mysterious keys
  • VA has a phone, he may or may not want to talk more about it, I'll leave that to him
  • Blarg ain't telling what he has and that's a shame
  • Fat maybe? still has dice
  • rac has money
  • ATP can I think do another check?

So we are really well positioned and there's no one person meanies can knock out tonight and collapse everything, even if someone with items is themselves mafia.
And I did not use my power last night. I felt we were too well positioned. So yeah. I think I agree with rac. I would like to go ahead and vote Vere but I'll announce it first in case several people are also thinking about voting now.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
*I woke up to Fanto giving me what looked like the Prove it Results message, an invitation to a chat and $500.
*I kind of freak out and ask Fanto what happened to my results, if Fat stole Wee's PR and wondering if I was redirected until she tells me to read the post on Hype Day.
*ATP posts about redirection at day start which makes me wary.
*Monkey posts about sending me a message which was a joke but I didn't know at the time. I thought it might have also been redirected.
*I post to Fat in Hype Chat that some fuckery happened last night.
*ATP posts the red check
*I say those results are impossible
I thought the redirect was me and Rac, so someone saying maybe Saw was a redirected victim made me wary.

This is more clear/makes more sense, thank you.

As a note, I started to wonder what this whole chat thing was too until Fanto said she explained it in-thread already.

Doing it all, posting it all, when it's about someone who's probably not impactful on the solve at this stage of the game looks like busywork and avoidance, though, in terms of optics. So yeah, I am with Kyan on this. That effort would be better spent on any number of folks right now. I truly get (if you are town) wanting to settle VA for yourself. I do. But without any deep findings that show how the game has gone off the rails, it just seems unnecessary to put all that up, if that makes sense.

Thanks for chiming in too, realy appreciate the feedback.

you should see my notes sometimes.

That'd be fun.

Oh, that's interesting. Dunno why this was kept hidden for most of the phase but if Monkey agreed it's fine I guess - although it reads a bit weird considering her (paraphrasing) "we should be open with this stuff" somewhere -.

This night was probably a mess and although we have one more piece with VA's claim, we probably won't solve it now, sadly.

Vere's mistake is that his fake claim wasn't bold enough. He should have claimed something ridiculous, not something clever. Counter claim the cop! Claim doctor! Murder Blarg in broad daylight! Do something so scummy, people won't think you're scum.

You're talking as a seasoned meanie I guess.

Weren't you just speculating about the Arsonist being a baddie recently?

About the vote, since I really need to go out now;

Vote: Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Vote: Verelios

Vere, if you are town, then I cannot stress enough how great of a townie you are. You didn't shut down and kept working with us. My hat is off to you.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato

It makes sense and I do assume that all the big posts that townies make have good intentions behind them. I understand that making such posts can be a good way to keep notes and to show that you are working the thread but I feel that the big posts aren't always the most efficient way of communicating with others. I understand my own notes because I usually know what I thought when I wrote them but I have trouble with the notes others make because I don't always think in the same manner as they do. So if you can toss a few comments of your own to act as translation helpers, I'd find that very helpful indeed.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Just want to say I have no ill feelings toward town for flipping me. Red check always has be flipped.
Vote:Verelios

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
==== FINAL DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Verelios (9 votes)
Maolfunction - #5,754
Kyanrute - #5,856
AllThingsPurple - #5,860
empressdonna - #6,081
Conditional-Pancakes - #6,222 #6,328
MrHedin - #6,359
turmoil7 - #6,361
Dr. Monkey - #6,528
Reki - #6,530 #6,532
Vincent Alexander - #6,539
Verelios - #6,542

Reki (1 votes)
Blargonaut - #6,284

Dr. Monkey (0 votes)
Blargonaut - #6,073 #6,227

Blargonaut (0 votes)
Kyanrute - #5,664 #5,856

Conditional-Pancakes (0 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #6,225 #6,528
Blargonaut - #6,227 #6,284

Not voting: Fat4all, Stantastic, malus, rac, Reki, LaunchpadMcQ

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 142 Verelios: 98 Fat4all: 86 Blargonaut: 83 LaunchpadMcQ: 65 Kyanrute: 59 Conditional-Pancakes: 55 Reki: 54 rac: 51 Vincent Alexander: 50 AllThingsPurple: 48 turmoil7: 30 Stantastic: 30 empressdonna: 22 malus: 17 Maolfunction: 16 MrHedin: 10

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 4 End
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Verelios has died!

Hello and welcome to Easy Allies Mafia! I am your moderator, Fanto, and joining us today is…

DfLVKPH.gif

Cold Blooded!

You are an Odd Night Roleblocker/Even Night Strongman and are aligned with the CHIM (Mafia).

On odd-numbered nights, you may submit the command Block: <Player Name> to prevent that player from using an ability that night.

On even-numbered nights, you may submit the command Strong: <Player Name> instead of the normal Mafia faction kill to ignore any protection on your target that night.

You also have $1500 Don Bucks! If you would like to spend your Don Bucks on an item from the store, send the command Purchase: <Item Name> via PM. The price of the item will be deducted from your total Don Bucks, and you will then receive the item, along with a description of what it does and how to use it.

The Mafia thread (and a list of your teammates) is here: [REDACTED]

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/easy-allies-mafia-ot-death-distrust.305927/

You win the game when the Mafia obtains a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Unfortunately, without his HYPE CHAT partner for the night, Fat4all has also died due to a lack of HYPE!

Fat4all has died!

Hello and welcome to Easy Allies Mafia! I am your moderator, Fanto, and joining us today is…

lm6lfRy.png

Bradley Ellis!

You are an Amateur Doctor and are aligned with the Easy Allies (Town).

At night, you may submit the command Heal: <Player Name> to protect them from dying that night. However, since you are only an Amateur Doctor, each heal attempt will cost you $500 Don Bucks.

You also have $1500 Don Bucks! If you would like to spend your Don Bucks on an item from the store, send the command Purchase: <Item Name> via PM. The price of the item will be deducted from your total Don Bucks, and you will then receive the item, along with a description of what it does and how to use it.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/easy-allies-mafia-ot-death-distrust.305927/

You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

NIGHT 4 BEGINS

Night Actions are due 2 hours before Day Start.

Day 5 will begin in:

v7bbb0xdip