• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Stuart444 You have anything at all at this point.

Stantastic Let me know your thoughts when you awaken from your slumber
well my first thought is that "oh i didnt realise we were starting today"
my second thought is "What the fuck how the fuck are there 12 fucking pages al-fucking-ready fucking hell"

As you can tell there is usually no small amount of censorship between my thoughts and what i actually say.

Oct 25, 2017
my second thought is "What the fuck how the fuck are there 12 fucking pages al-fucking-ready fucking hell"

As you can tell there is usually no small amount of censorship between my thoughts and what i actually say.

Would you like to play a game of tic tak toe

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I'm back, I'll be up for a bit still before going to bed to keep an eye on you all.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay let me give some thoughts then. It's early so keep that in mind that these are flimsy, but this is where I'm at.

Bet: TheChuggernaut, $500 I bet that Fanto will confirm my alignment by giving you $500 if I'm town.
Actually, if Chuggs claims third party today and his role does require a certain amount of cash, I'll give him my $1500 when he needs $1500 to win the game in exchange for giving me his $500 every day he's still in the game.

So post 1 here. Looks let's be real, this obviously wasn't going to work, but I really don't think scum Mao does this. Post number 2 here gives me some weird vibes, but again, I don't think scum Mao comes out and point blank asks me to give him money every day. Leaning town here.

Wee feels town as fuck. Would not vote there.

Fat4All also feels very town, but the one other game I played with him he ended up being a very town feeling scum player so I'm keeping an eye out here, but I have no interest voting here right now. Probably would not vote here unless given a very good reason.

Blarg I think is town, but this one is more gut. He's kind of just fallen into mechanics stuff, but this feels like his town game to me now that we're a couple pages in.

I knew I threw some shade at ATP, but the more I think his posts, the better I feel about him. Probably wouldn't vote here.

Sparks vote on me is based on absolutely nothing which means it's probably going to be a tunnel he ends up lost in for a few days until I die. It also means he's probably town. Watch out for anyone calling to policy kill him on day 3 or whatever.

Stu is quiet which is NAI this early.

Turms is quiet too which is weird, but I'm willing to see where things end up with him. Maybe he's trying not to die on day 1 for once.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I'm back, I'll be up for a bit still before going to bed to keep an eye on you all.
R4B9aT2.gif

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Sure, #feels it is then. Wee and Pancakes might be town. I wouldn't want to lynch Faddy. Sparks feels like a townier version of himself but it is too early to conclude anything here, I'll wait till the day end to call it. Oh and Hedin obviously is the opposite of what I think he is. ATM I think he is null so... cult? Cool. No need to be shy with the yummies either:

Pop-Tart: TheChuggernaut

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Town should consider buying a Hoodie to deny it from scum. It is a scummy item and that's all I am going to tell you about it.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I like that there's a lot of activity to keep us busy on Day 1! No need for long conversations about how we don't know who to vote for. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the bets play out, in particular. And the pop tarts, though it's going to be tough keeping track of them.

In fact, I want to try out the betting. Bet Nin: $500, exactly six items from the store will be sold by the end of Day 1

nin let me know if you accept this bet!

I accept

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
i know you are awaiting something big from me, do not worry

200.webp

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
nevermind, too much to read, lets just roll with the game

giphy.gif

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
anyone has a TLDR ? If not let me just sit down and watch

200.webp

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
okay, i am caught up.

I do not feel comfortable saying i read all 12 pages, instead i will say i looked at them.

this game seems silly and i am enjoying it.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Before you go to bed

Want to make a bet with me ?

I bet you will get lunched while you're asleep

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Before you go to bed

before i go to be?
its 8pm, thats like midday for me.

and i cant really make that bet, as the only way for me to win is to die or for the game to end, at which point the winnings would be useless.

I mean unless were working on some kind of Anubis rules and you get to take it with you into the underworld for EasyAllies round 2, this time with feeling.

if that is happening then i would accept, i would also be shocked that this random idea i threw out was true.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
before i go to be?
its 8pm, thats like midday for me.

and i cant really make that bet, as the only way for me to win is to die or for the game to end, at which point the winnings would be useless.

I mean unless were working on some kind of Anubis rules and you get to take it with you into the underworld for EasyAllies round 2, this time with feeling.

if that is happening then i would accept, i would also be shocked that this random idea i threw out was true.

oh lol you're correct.
Nevermind then. Wanted to make a fun bet but this does not make sense.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

*jots down notes for sequel game*

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Before you go to bed

oh lol you're correct.
Nevermind then. Wanted to make a fun bet but this does not make sense.

Actually i got one for ya.

Bet: Nin, $500, I bet that the new Berserk chapter that is supposed to be releasing near the end of October will come with the announcement of another hiatus.

Anyone giving you towny vibes?

How do you feel about Chugg's lead in the Pop-Tart votes?
Chuggs seems like a good egg trying to make to push this gif spamming memelord auction-house into the territory of a functioning mafia game, good vibes.
Hes going to fail of course, but sisyphean torment takes us all at times.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Ah wait they have to be game related dont they....
Dont suppose the my avatar being a berserk thing makes it game related?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Still catching up but can people try to hold back on actual content(tm) while people are playing cool games, I start to skim because I want to see how the game ends.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Chuggs seems like a good egg trying to make to push this gif spamming memelord auction-house into the territory of a functioning mafia game, good vibes.
Hes going to fail of course, but sisyphean torment takes us all at times.
How do you read some of the more memey posters such as Blarg and Sparks? Personally, I find that style of play inscrutable. Have you played games in which either of them were scum?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Stan and nin, do you think launchpad seems towny at all?
gonna be honest, it got lost amongst the gifs so i got nothing for ya.

How do you read some of the more memey posters such as Blarg and Sparks? Personally, I find that style of play inscrutable. Have you played games in which either of them were scum?
iv played with both of them a few times as scum and as town.
Blarg i can usually read well enough despite the noise, theres method and intention behind what he does, just have to ask "what is he actually accomplishing with the bullshit this time?".
Sparks on the other hand im fuckin terrible at reading, a lot of his typical behaviour triggers my scum alarms like nobody else, and its damn near always been wrong.

Either way the game isnt really in play enough for me to make any reads on em that id want to commit to just yet.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
You need an expert on Sparks?
OR1ew98.gif

I'm busy right now (I need to walk the dog now I've caught up with the thread) but if you're fine with doing some research I'd check out my dissertation on Sparks made in conspiracy mafia 2.

Seriously though how do any of the high posters find the time to do it?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
before I go though TheChuggernaut can you give some evidence of town faddy doing something similar to what he's done this phase? Because I remember scum faddy telling everyone to share all their possible night actions in a mini.

Oct 25, 2017
before I go though TheChuggernaut can you give some evidence of town faddy doing something similar to what he's done this phase? Because I remember scum faddy telling everyone to share all their possible night actions in a mini.

Honestly, I'm a drawing a blank. My heart tells me it's Faddy thing to do, but I can't think of anything specific. Could be I'm tired, could be it's been a while, could be I'm just mistaken.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Honestly, I'm a drawing a blank. My heart tells me it's Faddy thing to do, but I can't think of anything specific. Could be I'm tired, could be it's been a while, could be I'm just mistaken.
Well let me know if anything comes to mind (also if you're tired maybe get some sleep, isn't it super late in the US of A?)

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Hawthorn's bet suggestion to nin is odd IMO.

1) It's very serious in comparison to some that came after (LOL ACCEPT THIS BET AND LOSE MONEY LOL).
2) nin is a bit of a oddball so picking him is likewise bit of a oddball pick.
3) Continuing from 2, if the pick was random and if the idea was to test the betting system, why pick a bet that won't get resolved instantly?
4) The bet itself is opportunistic: it aims to gather information about the purchased items without the danger of spending your money.

Either town acting before thinking it through twice or scum doing the same, or scum doing a money transfer / some information gathering.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017