Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right so finally caught up, no thanks to Fat4all going through the entire "N64 game" wiki p

I also think that the lunch was fucking stupid, you went from lunching Hawthorn for little good reason to lunching nin and hawthorn for also little good reason.
It seems like the prevailing reason was expediting an issue that would have to be resolved eventually, "we would just keep having this argument every day", to which i have to say no fucking shit?
this is mafia, arguing over if we think people are scum or not is the basic process of play, not a burden to abdicate because you can be bothered, especially when the result is doing scums job for them. Leaving them alive so that their behaviour and play could be actually evaluated was absolutely an option.

I think there could have been a good argument there but yall didnt even fucking try, and i have zero doubt that scum were on that lunch using what was an awfully convenient and NAI reasoning. Helpful to keep in mind that scum would have known full well that their lunch was the best way things could go for them, and such a handy opportunity would have looked plenty tasty after losing what sure looks like a very valuable member to an early Vig shot.

But hey your all probably sick of hearing this line of thinking so ill drop it there until i have something more directed.
cool cool cool but how does that make you feel about the players involved. specific players. name some names and point fingers.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
cool cool cool but how does that make you feel about the players involved. specific players. name some names and point fingers.
Ay lay off i spent the whole bloody day catching up, literally just went to make dinner after that post.
Fried Scallops, fuckin nailed it, be jealous.
whats more i want to make a proper review of it before i go for the jugular, didnt realise i was hourly.

As far as my leaning from said catch up go, Maol is sticking out the most as what felt like the biggest proponent of the "lets get it over with" argument, coupled with the claim that it would give precious precious info, he went into that claiming he was right but honestly i dont think what he gleaned is anywhere close to worth the risk lunching them was, and trying to sell it like a net gain seems...sus.

Im planning on going to review it all without the stress of seeing the page count continue to increase, primarily with the focus of those that voted without much hullabaloo past the lovers claim.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Would scum not purchase a single item on D1? This is all known info at this point, but don't add to it unless you think it is absolutely a good thing.

Dice - Fat / ATP
Cup - Hawthorn / ???
Hoodie - Kyan / nin
N64 - Chuggs

Assuming you all choose trust me, can Chuggs, Fat and ATP all be town? Woudn't scum want to at least check one of the items out to test the mechanics and the power level of the items? The cup, if it exists, can be anywhere but in my hands. In addition, two people had the cash for Snorlax: wee and VA.

Or is there a chance that scum just kept their cash so that Faddy can plant the bomb N1 and then scum can use their cash to leave nothing but the bomb in the store on D2?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's read Faddy.

Outside of trying to pool money on wee since they 'asked first' there isn't a whole lot. I do find it interesting that a few posts after Launch asked Reki to undo their bet (which they did) Faddy suddenly just posts this. Note that before this no one really openly said Reki was scum? There was just some conversation happening so it wasn't 'uncalled for' but Faddy felt strong enough to mention them.
My gut is telling me Reki is scum. They are playing so timidly then calling other people out when they do things. it feels like they don't want things to happen which is scummy imo.
This is later on when Faddy is asked about reads. Again note the Reki read.
There isn't much to comment on. I disliked Zipped list of town/scum because it was different to my list. Other than that I can't think of any one else that has expressed much of an opinion.

If you want meta reads. Blarg is posting his usual nonsense. You are active but not as over-active as you are when it is obvious you are town. wee is light town. Reki pinged me as scum for a series of nothing questions.

I have a whole list of people I have absolutely nothing on. Rac, L_P, Maol, Stan, VA. And unfortunatley there isn't anyone in this game I have a good meta read on so it is hard to find some easy towns. And it doesn't make it easier when you are someone I can usually find as town early but inn this game In have nagging doubts.
And now after Chuggs goes for Faddy's throat he comes to the conclusion that maybe Chuggs lied but that he was still Town in the end. The important bit here is that he had no other good scum read despite pinging Reki twice.
My conclusion is that Chuggs is probably town. i already said. And don't say "why are you voting him"

I never unvote. I always switch to someone else and I don't have a really good scum read right now.

Faddy scumreading a teammate but not committing? Just not thinking a Reki push would be that strong? Dunno, really. But I will say that Reki indirectly protects Faddy by going after Chuggs. They try to paint Chuggs' as overreacting to a small thing and this is evidence of being Scum. No real comment against Faddy as it mostly focuses on Chuggs. It is highlighted here:
LaunchpadMcQ, seems we agree on most things about those reads - which doesn't make me paranoid, at all - and I'll get back to you with more questions eventually.

While I disagree with Faddy this sudden push is not sitting right with me.

The very core of your "case" is about you.

Like, Chuggs. You've got a bunch of protection votes on you and post this at one player throwing some shade your way?

How is this not an overreaction?

You shouldn't be against yourself getting an item. But based on the point you yourself made at the start, you should understand people being against you getting an item because they don't know if you're town.

So you making all this fuss contradicts your earlier stance, yes, as Faddy pointed out.

You still owe me an answer about Mao, Mister.

You've seen mean Hawthorn more than once, do you feel like she "seemed off" in those games too? What about Launch?

Also why are A and VA town-reads of yours? Know you said it was an in-development read, but still curious if there's something specific that made you think that. Thanks in advance.

Nooo Stu :(.

Hope you're alright, apologies if my activity comment made you feel bad.

Welcome! Remember to watch Box Peek or you'll get modkilled.

What did you do with real jman?

Let's say that's the case, why would Faddy want wee to get a lot of money again?

Like, the "town cred" argument falls apart when you consider the expensive items could be super OP for all we know.

After posting this I can't for the life of me find evidence of it. Did I just make that up? Is the item just a reference to Silver Squad??

Need an EZA fan to confirm, please. It's driving me crazy.

Now the Faddy 'push' is interesting since there were people around that either commented or just held discussion when Chuggs' goes off on him but they don't really take a side. It isn't until Jman swoops in that people finally start planting down opinions.
Kyanrute I really wish you did not let on that the hoodie is bad for town you just made scum more likely to buy it. I have no idea if you can safely get rid of it like our dice holders but think of the least harmful use before someone steals it from you.

VOTE:Faddy

Seems like he is trying to gain town favor by pooling money for a town player. Faddy went so hard to give wee money so early before he could possibly know Wee is a good person. I feel it is possible Faddy already knows wee is Town.

Sorry Faddy if my vote on you is just based on a difference in philosophy. You could be telling the truth but from my prospective your reasons make no sense.

It is day 1 so this is all I have to vote on right know.
VA in agreement with Jman
I agree strongly with all 3 of these posts:

Makes sense. Just like self-voting is never to the benefit of town if you're town, why go against yourself getting an item or money? You know where you stand.

and agreed.

And even more agreed.

fwiw, out of all the active players, I sus Faddy the most.

I'm not sure I would kill him D1 tho. All I've got is a gut feeling about it and if I'm wrong, and if Faddy is town that'd be a big self inflicted wound.

For people I wouldn't mind killing today, Launchpad, Hawthorn and Blarg are all viable options. Launchpad and Hawthorn mostly because I'm seeing a lot of shade thrown their way and I'm curious if those feelings are legit or fabricated. Blarg because he's a big wildcard that can tank town. See, Transistor mafia. Getting rid of wildcards early while town has the opportunity is fine if town is skittish about lunching an active player.
Now the game begins taking shape!

I agree that Faddy insistence about polling money towards a "random" person seems very strange. I thought maybe Faddy and Wee could be working together – and maybe they are – but I also think this argument makes a lot of sense:

If I had to vote right now I would Strudle-vote Faddy. But I'm not quite ready, I'll keep watching for a bit.

I'm also somewhat wary of Chugg having all these Pop-Tarts votes for no good reasons at all.

If your reasoning for the Ambulance vote was more substantial than a flimsy piece of paper, I wouldn't have minded it. But this,

is nothing. It feels more like an attempt to push more votes on Ambulance and give that wagon legitmacy than a genuine scum read.
Yes? And what is your problem with that? I am going to be lynched if I get the most votes so convincing people that someone else is scum is good.

Maol you are saying I have no reason but you literally have no reasons for Hawthorn.
VOTE: Maolfunction

call it omgus or whatever you want but I think you are making a terrible push on me while keeping your options open. I don't think you have been overly townie and haven't done more than superficial solving.

Pancakes pushed the train to Faddy here instead of Hawthorn.
Ugh.......

So the choice will be between Hawthorn and Faddy, huh?

Between the two, I don't see myself voting for Hawthorn. This train reeks of bruised ego. I didn't see any reason to have a real scum read on Hawthorn today.

I'm not super OK with a Faddy vote either. Like I already said, it bothers me that I can't reasonably tell if this money gathering thing is scum play or just weird play that backfired.

But between the two, I'll choose Faddy over Hawthorn.

VOTE: Faddy

A note about the Launchpad vote train. After consideration this train doesn't feel right, there's definitely something off about it, but I can't offer a more substantial explanation about this feeling at the moment. Even if Launch's defense didn't really convinced me... To be continued. I'll keep an eye out about what happens with this train for sure.

tl;dr
Reki maybe sus? Not liking that push against Chuggs' when Faddy was the main culprit.
Pancakes is probably Town.
Maol gets 'hmmm sus' points for keeping himself open early on when Faddy wasn't a for sure thing but Faddy's subsequent omgus vote for being called out by Maol makes me feel better. Probs Town
VA always feels scummy to me but he was an early adopter of the 'faddy is scum' train and even voted there. Doubt a teammate would do that so early.
Jman be townie as hell so therefore Donna is townie as hell.

Weirdly enough Launch was around all this but getting a concrete opinion out of him about Faddy wasn't readily apparent? Slight iffy feelings there, not gonna lie. By extension this goes to wee and Kyaa as well but they weren't as...comprehensive as Launch was. He was talking about nearly everything going on but again his opinion is hard to find.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ay lay off i spent the whole bloody day catching up, literally just went to make dinner after that post.
Fried Scallops, fuckin nailed it, be jealous.
whats more i want to make a proper review of it before i go for the jugular, didnt realise i was hourly.

As far as my leaning from said catch up go, Maol is sticking out the most as what felt like the biggest proponent of the "lets get it over with" argument, coupled with the claim that it would give precious precious info, he went into that claiming he was right but honestly i dont think what he gleaned is anywhere close to worth the risk lunching them was, and trying to sell it like a net gain seems...sus.

Im planning on going to review it all without the stress of seeing the page count continue to increase, primarily with the focus of those that voted without much hullabaloo past the lovers claim.
nah you gotta live in this thread, it's why we pay you.

While Maol is someone who self-proclaimed he enjoys 'controlling the conversation' do you feel strongly enough that Faddy would OMGUS his teammate and then follow that by hard pushing for the lovers?

And yeah, no rush. We have this Night Phase and then a whooooole Day Phase to go before we lunch again. :u
Would scum not purchase a single item on D1? This is all known info at this point, but don't add to it unless you think it is absolutely a good thing.

Dice - Fat / ATP
Cup - Hawthorn / ???
Hoodie - Kyan / nin
N64 - Chuggs

Assuming you all choose trust me, can Chuggs, Fat and ATP all be town? Woudn't scum want to at least check one of the items out to test the mechanics and the power level of the items? The cup, if it exists, can be anywhere but in my hands. In addition, two people had the cash for Snorlax: wee and VA.

Or is there a chance that scum just kept their cash so that Faddy can plant the bomb N1 and then scum can use their cash to leave nothing but the bomb in the store on D2?
Hmmmm. I would expect at least some scum to try out the money mechanic. This could possibly be the owner of the second cup or, if I 'had to pick between you 4, ATP or Fat. But I wouldn't expect scum to all spend their money on Day 1 so I doubt it's more than maybe one or two.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get some zzz but it might be worth looking at initial reactions to Faddy's suggestion of pooling money? Kyaa's post made me think that scum would've acted hesitant towards his idea in thread and left themselves open to it if people bought on. Dunno if anything would be there but, hey.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
For rac and anyone else who was interested, I have gone back and added post numbers to the spreadsheet for the Pop Tart Votes, my apologies for not doing that in the first place.

i5bG4QR.png

I will edit this into the D1 End post as well so you can find it in the threadmarks too.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
tl;dr
Reki maybe sus? Not liking that push against Chuggs' when Faddy was the main culprit.
Pancakes is probably Town.
Maol gets 'hmmm sus' points for keeping himself open early on when Faddy wasn't a for sure thing but Faddy's subsequent omgus vote for being called out by Maol makes me feel better. Probs Town
VA always feels scummy to me but he was an early adopter of the 'faddy is scum' train and even voted there. Doubt a teammate would do that so early.
Jman be townie as hell so therefore Donna is townie as hell.

Weirdly enough Launch was around all this but getting a concrete opinion out of him about Faddy wasn't readily apparent? Slight iffy feelings there, not gonna lie. By extension this goes to wee and Kyaa as well but they weren't as...comprehensive as Launch was. He was talking about nearly everything going on but again his opinion is hard to find.
I agree with almost all of this.

1) My Reki read is a little all over the place. I've played with town!Reki - they look like the Reki we have in this game, and they were unfairly maligned in those games. That said, I have heard town!Reki is near indistinguishable from scum!Reki, so more information is necessary. I think just like there are points against them this game, as you pointed out, there are points in their favor (i.e. undoing the bet with me when asked, some solid reasoning).

2) VA feels very town to me, including the specific thing you mentioned. Just a gut feeling there, but just many things he has said feel town.

Expanded town list:

Chuggs
wee
Kyan
Fat4All
Sneeks
Pancakes
rac
A
turmoil

Does anyone disagree with any folks on here and want to tell me why they shouldn't be here?
While I don't disagree with anyone on your list, I would ask how strongly you feel about these reads?

From my perspective, I'm starting to get worried because there are an alarmingly few number of players I am getting anything suspicious out of, which makes me think we are working with a scum team that is better at blending than Faddy was. Hawthorn was my second strongest scum read, and I don't have much after that; just a bunch of town reads.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
From my perspective, I'm starting to get worried because there are an alarmingly few number of players I am getting anything suspicious out of, which makes me think we are working with a scum team that is better at blending than Faddy was. Hawthorn was my second strongest scum read, and I don't have much after that; just a bunch of town reads.

This is where I'm at too.

You were my strongest scum read and while not completely cleared you do look a lot better.

There were a few people who were voting on nin and throwing a lot of shade about him not being his normal self, I need to find those posts, can't remember who was saying that

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Let me post this list before I go and start running with it, in case anyone has any thoughts:

Strong Town
Kyan
Maol
Dr. Monkey
donna

Slight Town
VA
Pancakes
Chugg
wee
ATP

Null
A
Reki
Neeks
Zipped
Stan
Fat4All
LP
rac
Hedin
turm
Blarg
Sparks

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Question for everyone; do you see meanie!LP - purposefully or not - avoiding to post until the very end there? Doesn't make sense in my head. Like, there's the meme and then there's having some consideration for your teammates.

And it's mainly his vote on Hawthorn. I haven't reread Sparks yet, so I can't give you much more than that, but if he's listening to his scummates (if he's scum, my read of him gets stronger or weaker depending on Zipped's flip), that's a good spot to drop a vote at the time he did. It put Hawthorn's wagon into sharper contention.

Thank you for expanding on it. That vote from Sparks came right after you put down a vote on Hawthorn in your exchange with Zipped, and didn't move for more than a thousand posts later. Which is a bit more "disciplined", for lack of a better term, than what I'd normally expect from Sparks.

Still kinda agree more with Aeleus' approach to that read, though, but I'll keep this in mind.

I don't. That was just my reaction to showing up and seeing that having sprung out of nowhere. In fairness, my meta read here

Seems like this was cut out, but thanks for clarifying.

Still think "mad" implies more than plain surprise and enters in the territory of light questioning, though.

The way I see it, it'd be hard for these two to be W/W provided the description of what that thing does is true. If you're in that chat, buy the Dice and get "Random Redirect", I don't think the decision is for yet another member to buy a thing that could randomly affect you when you could let town do it for themselves with how little info they have to work with and without losing money.

Don't think it could be a non-random Redirect either, $500 for that seems on the low end considering how messed-up things could get.

There were a few people who were voting on nin and throwing a lot of shade about him not being his normal self, I need to find those posts, can't remember who was saying that

I voted nin but don't recall saying he wasn't his normal self.

What I disliked was him seemingly staying at the sidelines and jumping in to drop some shade or snark here and there; then accusing Launch of voting without a case without making the effort to make a case for Launch himself.

Also he ignored my request to do that but whatever.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Zipped

Tl;dr: relies meta reads to inform opinion on Hawthorn. Votes Hawthorn for majority of D1, then jumps to turm for day end once Hawthorn/nin have claimed. Does not directly interact with Faddy at all, and very rarely references him. Zipped and turm are likely not scum together. Overall, I find Zipped pretty suspect.

Here is something for real trust.

I promise not to make a bet for the entire first day.

So, here is where the trust comes in, Some of you should bet on that. Its a trust thing, some of you trust me and some will not. might as well make some don bucks on it.

The poker game the first post is super interesting, TheChuggernaut had his finger on the button!
Its been about 12 hours, but I wanted to repeat my trust exercise. When day end comes (or whenever) I have promised to not make any bets for the entire first day.

So when appropriate (obviously not now with all the betting to snag items) you should bet on this fact. If you trust me you should bet "yes" he won't make any bets. and if you don't you should take those bets.
This is a weird train of thought that I can't make heads or tails out of. What does Zipped gain from this trust exercise? Is this related to his role ability? Is it just for fun?

hardly. Making bets is a great way to make money, but with all the easy bets to pass money around without flips its going to be a lot of noise. Trust is a key component in Mafia, and almost every game (unless I am mod confirmed town) I get scum read. So Why not own it, give people a place to say " I don't trust you and I'm going to make money off that.

Then it also works to reinforce that idea the next day "hey he lied, and did it just to pass money from me to another person!"
The explanation doesn't really clarify. No conclusion here from me, just a weird thing to point out.

Top Scum: Hawthorn and Launchpad are top scum for me right now. Its mostly based on being burned from last two games. maybe blarg, just because the bets seem like they are on brand, but the bets that were not allowed seemed off somehow.
Hence why they are my top two scum, fool me once, GG, fool me twice, GG you got me good, I do NOT want to be fooled a third time in a row from Hawthorn. She is too good.
Hawthorn was also really good in Risk, and then her opening in Horror movie was so similar to her opening in Risk, which has been so similar to her opening here. In the previous games she was scum, in this game its still not as clear. but since she is consistent in her gameplay, and I have yet to play with her being town (you know seeing Hawthorn as town via flip) I can only assume that she is scum again.
Uses past experiences with Hawthorn, Blarg, and me to define reads. I think there's a line between using a meta read and just saying "I've been burned before", but that might be splitting hairs. Zipped rides that Hawthorn check all the way to the bank. I'm not sure if it's scum play, but it's definitely bad play. This is going to point out flaws in my own Hawthorn read, but Hawthorn was the lowest poster after LP. Why not move to literally anyone else who has been more active sooner? It could be because the only other wagon with traction - Faddy - was a scum teammate.

Kyanrute is such a wild card, Usually I like keeping him around a day or two to develop a read, today at least I feel that there is no receipts so no real read for me. If anything, its odd for either scum or town Launch to town read kyanrute day one. I think if one flips it adds credence one way or another, but for a day one hot read its effectively 0.

at least until Kyaa shows up.
Zipped avoids providing a read on Kyan. He is possibly trying to avoid committing to a read, since whatever information I have might make Zipped look bad later down the road.

with the late defense of Faddy who flipped scum, I am switchin from Hawthorn to Turmoil (yes I know this ties the game).

Having played an unconfirmed lover pair before, I will give them a day or so. But I really don't want this to burn me again.

I might change my pop-tart to Dr. Monkey, she has been playing a very town forward game since joining. Still not my top town though (That is weemadarthur) but I disagree on giving the whole foil wrapped packet to the lovers.

vote: Turmoil7
Zipped makes sure to jump off the Hawthorn train before it derails. Zipped jumps to turm here on the basis that turm defended Faddy, but does not address any of the other players, like Chugg, who also defended Faddy. The inconsistency in applying that logic to other players makes me believe that Zipped was grasping for a reason to get off the Hawthorn train at the last minute because he was aware that the lovers claim would turn out to be true.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Question for everyone; do you see meanie!LP - purposefully or not - avoiding to post until the very end there? Doesn't make sense in my head. Like, there's the meme and then there's having some consideration for your teammates.

Thank you for expanding on it. That vote from Sparks came right after you put down a vote on Hawthorn in your exchange with Zipped, and didn't move for more than a thousand posts later. Which is a bit more "disciplined", for lack of a better term, than what I'd normally expect from Sparks.

Still kinda agree more with Aeleus' approach to that read, though, but I'll keep this in mind.

Still think "mad" implies more than plain surprise and enters in the territory of light questioning, though.

The way I see it, it'd be hard for these two to be W/W provided the description of what that thing does is true. If you're in that chat, buy the Dice and get "Random Redirect", I don't think the decision is for yet another member to buy a thing that could randomly affect you when you could let town do it for themselves with how little info they have to work with and without losing money.

Don't think it could be a non-random Redirect either, $500 for that seems on the low end considering how messed-up things could get.

What I disliked was him seemingly staying at the sidelines and jumping in to drop some shade or snark here and there; then accusing Launch of voting without a case without making the effort to make a case for Launch himself.

I think his reasons for voting launch were the same as mine

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I think his reasons for voting launch were the same as mine

These posts, right?

The narrative around her is she was scum 3 games in a row, is opening like she did in those games and is hard to read so would make people sleep easier if she was gone.

Its a weak argument which is why I called it out, but that is what people have been saying.
the opportunism of just putting a vote down on someone even though there is nothing behind that and also trying to put down those who on the one hand agree that Launch is kinda sus but then vote for Hawthorn will make my voting choice very easy.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

Obviously now we know nin was side-eyeeing votes on Hawthorn because his life was tied to hers, but his unwillingness to engage in more talk about it was what looked sus, imo.

What does Zipped gain from this trust exercise? Is this related to his role ability?

This was my guess as well and, as such, I didn't want to pursue further questioning there, at least for D1.

Zipped makes sure to jump off the Hawthorn train before it derails. Zipped jumps to turm here on the basis that turm defended Faddy, but does not address any of the other players, like Chugg, who also defended Faddy. The inconsistency in applying that logic to other players makes me believe that Zipped was grasping for a reason to get off the Hawthorn train at the last minute because he was aware that the lovers claim would turn out to be true.

This is similar to the point I brought up about rac last night. But I do recall Zipped giving me a town point or two for no reason at all somewhere, so dunno.

No, nonono, we're playing Pokémon Stadium.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen wee make a couple people's list and I'm not sure what they've done to get these town leans?
At least for my part, it's a meta read. wee is acting as they usually do, so I'm slightly more comfortable with them.

No, I don't see scum!LP ghosting teammates, or even just playing a less active game than usual if he is scum.

I'm sorry, I get excited very easily.

I think I mentioned it, but I believed at the very least the first three votes on me (ATP, jman, and nin) were probably coming from town. From my experience, this was pretty consistent with nin's past behavior, acting impulsively and without much in the way of explanation (even when, as we now know, his life depended on it). I kept quiet after awhile to see what else shook loose - eventually Blarg joined, and I'll get to him in a bit after I sift through all these... very informational and content-filled posts. From a general meta sense, dropping a vote with little explanation is an obviously anti-town thing to do, and my experience is that scum will go out of their way to reason out a vote to make sure they are not called out for this infraction.

This is not me trying to vindicate myself; when the lovers claimed came out, I was all in on thinking Hawthorn/nin were scum. Just sharing my two cents on what nin did there.

This was my guess as well and, as such, I didn't want to pursue further questioning there, at least for D1.
On the other hand, maybe he was just taking the piss lol It seems like he accomplished nothing with this.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
How reliable are meta reads? This is only my second game but I feel like it should be pretty easy to play in a similar style whether your town or scum.

I mean look at all the meta reads on hawthorn?

It just seems like kind of lazy analysis? But I'm in mt 2nd game maybe it is a much more useful lens than I imagine.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Going out right now but will try to post here and there, folks.

AllThingsPurple something I recalled when reading that post of yours.

You called out Maol and Hedin for those votes on Hawthorn, but not Sparks. I believe you talked about him "not being useful" in a later post, but didn't mention his vote at all. Would you mind elaborating?

Also, you called out the votes on Hawthorn for a "meta-fear", so to speak. Have you commented on Maol's shading of Blarg? Because it seems to be backed-up by a similar sentiment.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry, I get excited very easily.

That's good. Sometimes it's in these gut-reaction posts that one can find the truth.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
How reliable are meta reads? This is only my second game but I feel like it should be pretty easy to play in a similar style whether your town or scum.

I mean look at all the meta reads on hawthorn?

It just seems like kind of lazy analysis? But I'm in mt 2nd game maybe it is a much more useful lens than I imagine.
My take is that they can be useful, but only to an extent. Relying on one might be able to inform your perspective on a player for a little bit, but you need to use data from the game you're playing, too. I would not base everything off a meta read, and I'll get to that in a second. Eventually, you learn to read how players tend to act under certain situations, but you need to look at the situations themselves and what the motivators for acting that way are - who are they protecting, are they bussing, why are they crediting/discrediting another player, etc.

The other key thing and how I tend to do this is about breaking big games down into chunks. I liked what Reki did of pointing out the low activity players as a starting point, but meta reads are a good way to do that, too. There are 22 players left - trying to tackle them all is impossible. I am sifting out those I have somewhat of a sense about, not exclusively because of meta but meta definitely being a component, and just looking at my null reads right now. Just develop them as another tool in your toolbox.

Yes, I know this is all pretty rich from the guy who gunned for a Hawthorn lynch. It wasn't all meta, but the rest was bad, too.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Going out right now but will try to post here and there, folks.

AllThingsPurple something I recalled when reading that post of yours.

You called out Maol and Hedin for those votes on Hawthorn, but not Sparks. I believe you talked about him "not being useful" in a later post, but didn't mention his vote at all. Would you mind elaborating?

Also, you called out the votes on Hawthorn for a "meta-fear", so to speak. Have you commented on Maol's shading of Blarg? Because it seems to be backed-up by a similar sentiment.

Thanks in advance.

That's good. Sometimes it's in these gut-reaction posts that one can find the truth.

To the second point blarg didn't have a vote train on them. I did have my vote on blarg for a large part of day 1 till I moved it to launch. If blarg is town his play style is a hindrance to the rest of us (no offence blarg) a town hawthorn seems more valuable than a town blarg imo.

As for the first point I don't think I called out maol and hedin? I understood their votes at the time, it was only launch pushing a 3 vote train to a 4 vote and tie it up that raised my suspicions.

Sparks is like blarg to me, I can't read them and don't think they are helpful either way, but I favoured sparks over blarg because he was town and got launched d1 last game.

Not sure if this answers your questions or not.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Aw fuck i was gonna actually do mafia shit today then i spent like 3 hours making whats basically berserk fanart while seeing the NZ election results come in (ahha suck it Peteres a nationalist prick) and now my brain is fried.
also alchohol that happened to somehwere in there.

so thats my life right now how yall feeling?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
jman was a bro, but didn't like my cologne smell i guess

maybe i need to switch off of polo

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Fundamentals:
7. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity. This includes discussing circumstances around player replacement.

Also the idea that blarg is a bet arsonist are pretty silly given he locked himself out of bets via a game of noughts and crosses

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I vote for me

if i was scum id be so afraid of me id shat and piss like"oh fuck, detective fat for all is stiill amongst the livening"

they kill me and then town avenges me

"how dare they kill fat for all, these scum bastards are bastards" etc etc