• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
After my private and public discussions with aeleus, I can't find any reason to change my read, monkey hasn't given me role reasons to believe in town alignment there, so i gotta take a swing and say they're still scum.

funny story, i was gonna invite chuggs just to see if he could play poker at night so's i could get some more money but then he nintendo'ed us. So i asked him here instead and changed my gossipee to one of my scum reads cause eh why not, sometimes a private chat is the place to let One's hair down. And i'm always willing to reevaluate, given enough reason.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
After my private and public discussions with aeleus, I can't find any reason to change my read, monkey hasn't given me role reasons to believe in town alignment there, so i gotta take a swing and say they're still scum.

funny story, i was gonna invite chuggs just to see if he could play poker at night so's i could get some more money but then he nintendo'ed us. So i asked him here instead and changed my gossipee to one of my scum reads cause eh why not, sometimes a private chat is the place to let One's hair down. And i'm always willing to reevaluate, given enough reason.

You fearing death I take it?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
wee, I have A on there for the same reason I have everyone on there - reactions around the deaths/EoD. There are two things that give me pause about A but I think I'll sit on those a bit and wait. The luxury of being pop-tarted, I guess, is knowing I can be a little coy.

Your claim is juicy, tho. Why'd you decide to claim after breadcrumbing so openly?

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
So, along the lovers with their secret chat, there is another town power who makes chats at night?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think wee's flavor name matters. They clearly aren't using this to buddy A and A can dispute it or not, and then if necessary, details can be discussed, so I'm inclined to believe a gossip claim here. Interesting that they haven't shown up to talk about this since they were just here a bit ago.

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Another reminder that night actions will lock (and the N64 party will end) in:

zvwv426wd7

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The one you said that you had A post. When I first read it, I thought "that's a weird post from wee and weirder that A posted it, but maybe they're chatting." I did not dream you'd roll out x minutes later and go all j'accuse on them, though, that was an unexpected twist.
To sum up the private chat, A doesn't particularly town read me, and mostly won't say anything at all, and was not real helpful with my intended claim but I eventually browbeat them into it. They were afraid to post anything they'd have to explain.

which, doesn't sound like town!a

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
To sum up the private chat, A doesn't particularly town read me, and mostly won't say anything at all, and was not real helpful with my intended claim but I eventually browbeat them into it. They were afraid to post anything they'd have to explain.

which, doesn't sound like town!a
mmm, I'd like to know why they don't townread you but if someone I didn't townread invited me to a chat I'm not sure I'd be too forthcoming, but the "anything they'd have to explain" bit is weird for sure. But... weird also that they'd say it like this? I would assume a scum!A would not want to keep you so obviously at arm's length but I can't seen the chat so I don't know if my read of the situation is accurate.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
mmm, I'd like to know why they don't townread you but if someone I didn't townread invited me to a chat I'm not sure I'd be too forthcoming, but the "anything they'd have to explain" bit is weird for sure. But... weird also that they'd say it like this? I would assume a scum!A would not want to keep you so obviously at arm's length but I can't seen the chat so I don't know if my read of the situation is accurate.
They didn't say why they don't, anywhere, the only reads list they posted was during the night, and they tried to suck up to me in the opening game hours.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
weemadarthur has A said anything in chat about your claim?

hilariously, you two were on my short list of "maybe the vig and therefore town" (vig, please do not claim or comment, let me just sit here and be wrong).

OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The N64 Party has ended (so stop talking) and Night Actions are now locked.

Day 2 will begin in:
5g784vy747

Day 2 Start
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The Allies had found one of their foes so far, but the mystery was far from solved.

At the dawn of the second day, another body was discovered, and it was that of an EZA Fan...

Lone_Prodigy has died!

Hello and welcome to Easy Allies Mafia! I am your moderator, Fanto, and joining us today is…

fqWl5rg.png

An Easy Allies Fan!

You are aligned with the Easy Allies (Town).

You also have $1500 Don Bucks! If you would like to spend your Don Bucks on an item from the store, send the command Purchase: <Item Name> via PM. The price of the item will be deducted from your total Don Bucks, and you will then receive the item, along with a description of what it does and how to use it.

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/easy-allies-mafia-ot-death-distrust.305927/

You win the game when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

DAY 2 BEGINS

The rest of the events will just have to wait, because it's time for an unscheduled EASY UPDATE!!!

aANTvtn.jpg

THE ITEM STORE HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN
There is no item store today, you may not purchase any items.

TORTURE CHAMBERS
Be prepared for torture! At any time during this day phase, I may place you in a Torture Chamber. If you break the rules of the Torture Chamber, you will be modkilled! What's a Torture Chamber? You'll find out!

KILL YOUR BABIES
The 4 players with the highest post counts are now in a Thunderdome for the day.

You may only vote for one of these 4 players:
Fat4all: 205
weemadarthur: 164
TheChuggernaut: 157
Conditional-Pancakes: 131

SING ME A SONG
All votes today must be accompanied by a rhyme about the player you are voting for.

For example: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm voting for Sorian, and so should you. Vote: Sorian

All rhymes must be unique. You may not use the example rhyme, or a rhyme that another player used.

Any vote that does not include a rhyme will not be officially counted.

DON'T FORGET, YOU'RE HERE FOREVER
This day phase will not end until a majority vote is reached.

Majority is 11

Vote Tool:

List of living players:
[They/Them] Aeleus|A - UTC+1
[He/Him] AllThingsPurple|ATP - UTC+1
[Any] Reki - UTC-3
[She/Her] Sawneeks - UTC-7
[He/Him] Zippedpinhead|Zipped - UTC-6
[He/Him] LaunchpadMcQ|Launchpad - UTC-6
[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+12
[She/Her] Dr. Monkey|Monkey - UTC-4
[She/Her] empressdonna|Donna - UTC+1
[He/Him] Fat4all - UTC-5
[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chugg - UTC-6
[Any] weemadarthur - UTC-5
[He/Him] rac - UTC-5
[He/Him] Vincent Alexander|VA - UTC-5
[She/Her] Conditional-Pancakes - UTC-4
[He/Him] Maolfunction - UTC-8
[He/Him] Kyanrute - UTC+3
[He/Him] MrHedin - UTC-4
[He/Him] turmoil7 - UTC-3
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks|Funky Dude - UTC-5

List of living players with no timezone/pronoun info (for copy/pasting):
Aeleus
AllThingsPurple
Reki
Sawneeks
Zippedpinhead
LaunchpadMcQ
Stantastic
Dr. Monkey
empressdonna
Fat4all
TheChuggernaut
weemadarthur
rac
Vincent Alexander
Conditional-Pancakes
Maolfunction
Kyanrute
MrHedin
turmoil7
Blargonaut
Funky Dude Sparks

Majority is 11

Day 2 will end in:

Whenever a majority is reached.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
this was all done during the break:
oh, apparently my quotes didn't work - there were THREE votes for Launch in quick succession, bam bam bam, three posts in a row. That's what was wild. Not just one post.

Final Pop Tart Votes:
i5bG4QR.png

Dr. Monkey has the most Pop Tart votes, and is now immune to death on Night 1
I didn't get a chance to dig much into this before night chat ended but uh...
Launch, you have a green check on Kyan and I was barely here. Why wasn't Kyan your Pop-Tart pick? Really, a bunch of these were naked votes. A, Reki, Launch... Maol, Sneeks and Kyan all gave actual reasons. wtf to the others?

Lone_Prodigy, Stantastic: y'all didn't have pop-tart votes, I think - why not?

The Reki train did not exist when the "Faddy was protecting Hawthorn" idea came to be. The closest vote record I see is #1403 with a 5-4-3-2 going for Faddy, Hawthorn, Launch and Ambulance respectively. Ambulance was a poke train that barely existed and the Launch train was reactionary in nature and had questionable legs to it. The idea had the flip to support it, whereas the similar argument with the latter name changed to Reki had no such thing. And really, the alternatives to Hawthorn were weak in words and actions. Had people worked to consolidate the trains we would've had a competitive race, but no. I think the split was by design and it was done to ascertain that two townies were killed in retaliation to Faddy dying. Just look at Blarg and Reki not voting for one, that's two votes gone. Wouldn't want to threaten the double kill, would we?

I like this post a lot. (Please be town or I'm going to be upset) and it got me thinking about vote spread. I had it in my head earlier that turmoil had fewer than Reki but that wasn't the case; they were 4-4 while Hawthorn was 9 (though one was a frustrated nin vote). So yeah, if they had consolidated, it would have been an actual run.

So we know it's definitely in scum's best interest to vote the lovers out they don't have to deal with them later. Which means we have a few things to look for around this and it's probably where I will direct my scum hunting.

Here's the cleaned up version of active EoD votes:
8W5BE7a.png

It wasn't just Reki and Blarg at the end with no vote - Fat4All never voted at all throughout the day. Just Pop-Tart votes. Reki wagon looks cleanest to my eye. turm has people I'm uncertain about.

So I'm thinking... 25 players, lovers are negative utility so scum team is probably a little smaller than we expect, and almost certainly no more than two would risk stacking on Hawthorn, even if it's a juicy vote and a good get for scum. I still hold that Maol and Launch have the worst looking votes on Hawthorn, but again, I have to look into Hedin. LP's vote makes sense for someone who came in when he did so I'd file that as NAI, maybe slightly town leaning. It feels more like a town LP, anyway, but that's a light read. Mathematically, the no voters have to be taken as a little sketch here, but of the three, I'd be less inclined to think that's a scum move from Blarg. Gun to head, I'd be curious as to whether or not a scum!Fat could put up that many posts but I'd have to look into them but Fat's sheer delight around Faddy's death seems very town. Which leaves Reki in a spot of suspicion there.

I get rac's vote for Pancakes. I know why I voted LP but I also wasn't there for EoD so I'm whatever. Pancake's final vote is yikes but she's been so chill about it and everything that I don't think there's a scum team yelling at her; she's town. So A sticking to Launch is a ???? but that's one of the things that gave me some pause about A anyway. More thoughts on that later, probably. Very curious to see more reactions from wee's claim.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
KILL YOUR BABIES
The 4 players with the highest post counts are now in a Thunderdome for the day.

You may only vote for one of these 4 players:
Fat4all: 205
weemadarthur: 164
TheChuggernaut: 157
Conditional-Pancakes: 131
SING ME A SONG
All votes today must be accompanied by a rhyme about the player you are voting for.

For example: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm voting for Sorian, and so should you. Vote: Sorian

All rhymes must be unique. You may not use the example rhyme, or a rhyme that another player used.

Any vote that does not include a rhyme will not be officially counted.

LOL!!

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
rac, to answer your edited post above: no, trying to equalize the vote when a Mafia player already got eliminated is not strange in this context. Not when the player that was going to be eliminated (Hawthorn) was very probably Town according to my readings. And especially when it was revealed that this player would be taking down another player with them if they died.

I didn't like the very probable worst-case scenario of having two Town players being taken down at the same time. Worst-case scenario which turned out to be what happened, btw.