• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
94b2f90a942e75acf63c0086d0c633bbf847a49dfa21d529373a6d79b83475a3_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Price: Standard - $49.99, Deluxe - $79.99
Platforms: PS4 (Digital Only), PS5, Switch, PC, & Xbox (Available via Game Pass - Physical Kickstarter Exclusive)
Release Date: April 23, 2024 (48 Hours Early Access with the Deluxe version)

ABOUT THIS GAME

a6wsdrnq.gif

Our story begins in one corner of Allraan, a tapestry of nations with diverse cultures and values.
By dint of sword, and by way of magical objects known as "rune-lenses," the land's history has been shaped by the alliances and aggressions of the humans, beastmen, elves, and desert people who live there.

The Galdean Empire has edged out other nations and discovered a technology that amplifies the rune-lenses' magic.

Now, the Empire is scouring the continent for an artifact that will expand their power even further.
It is on one such expedition that Seign Kesling, a young and gifted imperial officer, and Nowa, a boy from a remote village, meet each other and become friends.

However, a twist of fate will soon drag them into the fires of war, and force them both to reexamine everything they believe to be right and true.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes became the #1 funded Kickstarter video game of 2020 thanks to phenomenal support from the community.

FEATURES

amigoshh.gif

100+ Characters

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes boasts an expansive cast of over 100 unique characters, each with their own vivid voice acting and intricate backstories. Delve into a world where every ally offers distinct skills and stories, enriching your journey with their individuality. Your adventure will intertwine with characters from all walks of life, inviting you to explore the breadth of human experience in a rich, fantasy tapestry.

High-Quality 2.5D Graphics

Dive into the richly crafted world of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, where high-quality 2.5D graphics bring the vast continent of Allraan to life. From bustling towns to serene landscapes, the game's detailed sprites and dynamic 3D backgrounds create a captivating visual journey. The game's visual appeal is complemented by a stirring soundtrack, enhancing the immersive experience of adventure and discovery.

Strategic JRPG Gameplay

At the heart of Eiyuden Chronicle lies a strategic turn based JRPG experience that demands mastery over battle tactics and resource management. Dive into intricate battles where positioning, alliances, and the terrain itself can turn the tide of war. Unleash powerful hero combo attacks and adapt to the ever-changing battlefield where every move is crucial.

Party Customization

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes elevates party customization to new heights, allowing players to meticulously craft their battle lineup with heroes that fit every tactical need. From the formation of front and rear rows to the strategic selection of a supporting character, every choice impacts the battlefield. Tailor your party with heroes excelling in short, medium, or long combat ranges to tactically dictate the flow of battle.

Town Upgrading

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes transforms town upgrading into a pivotal aspect of your journey, allowing you to cultivate a thriving base that reflects your progress. As you collect resources and recruit heroes, your town evolves, unlocking new goods, mini games, and enhancements. This dynamic system not only enriches the visual splendor of Allraan but also deepens your strategic options and interaction with the game world.

Mini Games

Eiyuden Chronicle offers a delightful array of mini games, from the strategic depths of a unique card game to the high-speed thrill of egg racing. Test your culinary prowess in engaging cooking challenges, survive intense Beigoma battles, or relax with a serene fishing excursion. Each mini game is a world of its own, promising rewards and entertainment beyond the main adventure.

y7pj8xhf.gif

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2oN_gqmw4&t=5s&pp=ygU4RWl5dWRlbiBDaHJvbmljbGU6IEh1bmRyZWQgSGVyb2VzIC0gQWxsIFlvdSBOZWVkIHRvIEtub3c%3D

Last edited:

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Very excited for this. I have never played a Suikoden game and I backed this project blindly. Glad it is finally here.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it. Somehow missed that the digital deluxe version goes live 48 hours early, so I guess it'll be playable on Saturday night or Sunday on Steam?

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
Suikoden 2 is my favorite game ever. I've waited for a continuation for decades and we finally have (a spiritual) one. 21st can't come soon enough for me. Super jelly of those who can already play.

Oct 25, 2017
are there impressions from people who are playing it?

been waiting for this for a long time but didn't back it (i don't back games after star citizen happened)

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Okay, I backed this on KS. That means I have the Digital Deluxe edition. Which means I should get my code today sometime. It also means I can play early, but not until DD early acces on Saturday. Do we know what time on Saturday it would unlock?

This so old school JRPG-y and I am very excited to play.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Already have some fantastic characters. Also the characters with locked lens seem to also have upgrades that go along with them as you unlock more slots. It looks like if the slot have a border around it then it's going to have a pre installed lens already in it when it unlocks. So some characters are going to be better and worse then others depending on that it seems. Also certain lens slots are only for specific lens types.

Just have to say so far the game is fantastic and is what I would want from them. It feels like a mix of Suikoden 2 and the later ones with influences from newer games. For a criticism the menu system is a little bulky and not the easiest to go through. The inventory system could also use a sort function.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Been holding off for the last patch they said is coming for Early Access, so I've been just staring at the case all week lol

Week's been so slow as a result.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Yettee decides to fulfill this one. They still haven't given me the companion game, which I paid for. And eventually bought anyways because I was tired of waiting.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Speedrunning EC Rising in preparation. It's actually neat after unlocking more of the movesets.

Oct 25, 2017
Not too far in but it's my Goty and I probably won't be budging on that but I'm also extremely biased suikoden 3 my favorite game of all time. Just the few characters I've met have been an absolute delight

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Excited for people to get to jump into this. I've been playing since last Friday and, as someone who adores Suikoden 1 & 2, it's been a wonderful (and bittersweet- RIP Murayama 😢) experience so far.

It's been fun playing this without any guides online to run to. It reminds me of the 16bit (and even early PS1) days and that's refreshing. That said, I'm looking forward to watching this thread discover things in real-time!

Nothing's dethroning VII Rebirth for me this year, but this game, along with Unicorn Overlord, should definitely be in my GOTY runners-up list.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, this and Emerald Beyond really snuck up on me.

I can't wait though. Suikoden is back, baby.

TideSwayer

Oct 27, 2017
Speedrunning EC Rising in preparation. It's actually neat after unlocking more of the movesets.

I plan to start playing through Rising later today. Hopefully I can get it finished within a few days or so.

I've had the Digital Deluxe version of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes pre-ordered since last November, so I'm ready to go whenever I get my key.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
You guys are in for a treat. I have about 15 hours into the game and it definitely hitting all the right notes. Suikoden II is my personal favorite game of all time for a reference point.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Just started Eiyuden Rising yesterday. About how long will it take me to beat the main story? Not trying to 100% it but I'd like to finish it up by the 23rd.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So... I backed this... and I don't know if I'm actually going to get my copy or not lol

I think I fucked up and got lazy and forgot to fill out a form I was supposed to.

Edit: I guess I actually did select a PS5 Code at some point. So yay.

Last edited:

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
omg I still remembered this was announced when covid at it's peak, made my heart happy a bit lmao

can't believe times flies so fast, cant waittttt till 23

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
So... I backed this... and I don't know if I'm actually going to get my copy or not lol

I think I fucked up and got lazy and forgot to fill out a form I was supposed to.

Edit: I guess I actually did select a PS5 Code at some point. So yay.
Same and now i'm stuck with a PC Steam physical that I have to pay 20$ to get, just for a steam code.
So I think I'll have to buy a PS5 version in the end.

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
Deluxe version on Steam also 48 hour early right?
currently the countdown still shows for April 23rd

Blu

Oct 25, 2017
Do backers get the standard version or Digital Deluxe version? What about the preorder bonuses?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
When do reviews drop?

I'm very curious about the quality of writing + Steam Deck performance. I could use a really good JRPG right about now.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Are battles as slow as they look on videos?
There is no fast forward for the battles so they are the speed you have seen online. They probably should have included a faster option but maybe a future patch. However the random battle are pretty short generally only 1 or 2 rounds and you can use Auto Battle to avoid having to menu select. Also the auto battle AI can be customized with different priorities and it gets pretty granular. Boss fight are longer and usually involve fun gimmicks so you will have to menu through them or you can risk dying pretty easily if you are playing the harder mode.

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this does well, not purchasing now as the back log is gigantic. But I really want this to sell as we've been long over due to a good Suikoden like game!

Neo-Saiyan

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Just started Eiyuden Rising yesterday. About how long will it take me to beat the main story? Not trying to 100% it but I'd like to finish it up by the 23rd.

My first playthrough on the PS4 version, doing everything 100% took me around 30 hours.

I started a second "speed run" playthrough on the PS5 version, skipping all cutscenes and not doing every quest took me just over 7 hours

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Yay for OT, unfortunately I'll need to avoid this thread till next weekend.
My Steam physical is still stuck in US and definitely won't arrive in Asia by this weekend and I'll be busy on weekdays.