• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
That seems crazy short.

It's a side-scrolling action game that was meant to be a companion game to this. And you may find that you do want to 100% it. My friend who typically is just a critical path player ended up enjoying the loop and got the platinum for it. His only one. :)
This. I assume you thought I was talking about Hundred Heroes lol. Gonna play Rising myself before I get into Hundred Heroes.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Already have my PS5 copy but waiting for the last patch before I start.

Mar 11, 2020
Popping in to say, if you loved Suikoden, you are absolutely gonna love this game.

It really is basically a Suikoden 6

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited that we're finally seeing this. Suikoden is one of my favorite games of all time, if not my favorite. I'm so sad that Murayama won't be around to see the game's (hopefully) eventual success.

If everything I hear about the switch performance is what it is, hopefully that's something they can patch. I'll at least have a Steam code as a backup if that fails.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited that we're finally seeing this. Suikoden is one of my favorite games of all time, if not my favorite. I'm so sad that Murayama won't be around to see the game's (hopefully) eventual success.

If everything I hear about the switch performance is what it is, hopefully that's something they can patch. I'll at least have a Steam code as a backup if that fails.
I have yet to encounter anything that will be hurt by the inconsistent framerate so if you are ok with the visual issues then I think the Switch version will be fine.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The Steam key showed up in the Yetee page, but registering it makes it show up as "Eiyuden Chronicle for Beta Testing." I already registered the beta key I had before, so I definitely did not accidentally register the beta key a second time.

EDIT: On my PC, it shows up just as "Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes" and is installable right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a review embargo?

I assume this game will turn out decent, but my experience with kickstarter rpgs have been... mixed, at least in terms of ones ive finished.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to play it on the Steam Deck! Will I change my nick for Eiyudan? Ahahah

I don't even know how to pronounce it.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a review embargo?

I assume this game will turn out decent, but my experience with kickstarter rpgs have been... mixed, at least in terms of ones ive finished.
Embargo is April 21. But one thing that people should know if they're playing now is that there's a nasty bug preventing a lot of people from collecting one of the characters. I was told it'll be patched by tomorrow, but as of right now I can't recruit everyone.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing through Rising right now to get ready. I'm gonna wait a few days before jumping into this so all the patches and stuff can be released, and so there's a recruitment list to follow lol.

It's wonderful to see this game finally come to fruition. As I've said before, I think Eiyuden and Suikoden can coexist peacefully and happily, and I think this will only help strengthen a place for this style of JRPG in the marketplace.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
So, for those that have played, is this one of those games that you can level and train any unit you want? Like is it balanced for that or more balanced in that it expects you to go with the strongest ones even if you don't like em? Never really played a Suikoden game myself.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it seems like the Steam code they're giving out is the full game and playable now. It shows as "Eiyuden Chronicle for Beta Testing" in the key registration window, but then it's the full game in the library, with achievements, and the store page says I own the game now. And the installed build ID is the same as the "release" branch on SteamDB.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
So, for those that have played, is this one of those games that you can level and train any unit you want? Like is it balanced for that or more balanced in that it expects you to go with the strongest ones even if you don't like em? Never really played a Suikoden game myself.

The Suikoden games weren't generally very hard, so you could use whoever you want. Also, if you had any underleveled characters they'd catch up really quickly, often gaining multiple levels at once.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Some are going to be stronger then others but as far as I can tell early game at least everyone seems viable. Except for maybe the character that takes up two slots. That seems like a issue when it comes to some of the gimmicks. Also seems that the Main Protags are going to be probably stronger then other units. At least so far Nowa seems pretty good and has a lot of Lens slots.

SpoonyGundam

Nov 18, 2018
Yeah, it seems like the Steam code they're giving out is the full game and playable now. It shows as "Eiyuden Chronicle for Beta Testing" in the key registration window, but then it's the full game in the library, with achievements, and the store page says I own the game now. And the installed build ID is the same as the "release" branch on SteamDB.
Several games that I've backed have shown up as "for Beta Testing" in the key registration when backers were able to play before standard release. It seems like it's just a method to get around the release date for normal versions.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
The Suikoden games weren't generally very hard, so you could use whoever you want. Also, if you had any underleveled characters they'd catch up really quickly, often gaining multiple levels at once.

Some are going to be stronger then others but as far as I can tell early game at least everyone seems viable. Except for maybe the character that takes up two slots. That seems like a issue when it comes to some of the gimmicks. Also seems that the Main Protags are going to be probably stronger then other units. At least so far Nowa seems pretty good and has a lot of Lens slots.

Neat! Thanks for the quick replies, will probably jump in on this one after SaGa Emerald.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I really loved Rising. It is only 12 hours to do the main story but doing everything easily got me to like 20. The story was really solid, and if it is a preview of the writing we can expect, we are in for a treat imo.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Let's go, see you on the other side

image.png

scurker

Oct 25, 2017
The Steam key showed up in the Yetee page, but registering it makes it show up as "Eiyuden Chronicle for Beta Testing." I already registered the beta key I had before, so I definitely did not accidentally register the beta key a second time.

EDIT: On my PC, it shows up just as "Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes" and is installable right now.

I wonder if this is how they separated retail keys from backer keys. I was able to start the game so I wonder if it's playable?

I'm also curious how they'll distribute Switch keys for physical backers.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
If someone has a spare Steam key and the game comes with all the dlcs I would happily pirchase it.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I've only ever played Suikoden 3 when I was a kid but I enjoyed it at the time. Think I also played a bit of 4 but bounced off it.
Been patiently waiting for those remasters of 1/2 moreso than this but since they seem to be MIA, this is more intriguing. Sad to learn that the creator of all these games passed away right before this released though.

Gans

Oct 27, 2017
I just remembered I backed some cards for this as well as the Steam physical which I guess will be a code in a box?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone who backed for a physical Switch copy received their digital code for the delay? I'm not seeing anything on Yetee.

KhrossSF

Jul 8, 2020
Embargo is April 21. But one thing that people should know if they're playing now is that there's a nasty bug preventing a lot of people from collecting one of the characters. I was told it'll be patched by tomorrow, but as of right now I can't recruit everyone.

can you elaborate on this i must have missed the post from them about this , you can spoiler tag it i just want to make sure i havent passed this area

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Got my Xbox code!

EDIT: It seems to be working and playable right now?

I will probably wait for the tomorrow patch but I seem to be able to start it if I want.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope the reviews are good. Was very disappointed with the Emerald Beyond demo so I'm hoping this can scratch my jRPG itch.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a backer but will definitely be there day one. Much thanks to all who helped make this game happen~

Bought Rising on sale a while ago so I should try to finally fit that into my schedule while I wait as well lol.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I am really really really hoping this game scratches my JRPG itch. If the reviews are even slightly above average, I'm pulling the trigger Tuesday and diving in!

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Got my Xbox code!

EDIT: It seems to be working and playable right now?

I will probably wait for the tomorrow patch but I seem to be able to start it if I want.

Yeah lol

Just put in my Xbox code as well and it's playable. Unfortunately, I have some other games I have to finish first, so I won't be jumping in right away.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Yetee have given me the steam code for the game when checking their page even though I selected the ps5 version . I have emailed them but not sure why they have messed up this way