Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
50+ hours in, and I'm loving it. Though I've never played a Suikoden game before, so maybe I'll enjoy them more.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Yeah, I do wish it distanced itself a bit more from Suiko 2, even though I like Suiko 1 more. I just love the first game's pacing so much, and the soundtrack IMO is better too. It's great that I can finish it in like 20 hours as well. I kinda want to play it again. :)

Not gonna lie, with no update from Konami about the HD Remasters, I've been staring at my Vita with the temptation of having another run of 1.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
So is there really no way to set up Fight Cautiously commands for a character to literally just "Attack".

Not cast a spell wasting MP to attack.
Not use a Runeshard wasting an item to attack.

But just fucking Attack.

I either have to lock them out of items and magic totally or equip potential healers with nothing but the basic water rune.

Irnbru

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
So is there really no way to set up Fight Cautiously commands for a character to literally just "Attack".

But just fucking Attack.

I either have to lock them out of items and magic totally or equip potential healers with nothing but the basic water rune.

the command instructions are completely borked lol. Just set it to not use mp.

Finished the game. Fun romp I guess. Hit 99 right after doing normal and then endless. I am not doing 120 card battles lol. So I'm done.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Okay Beigoma is making me lose my mind. Are there 3 beigoma that I can go find that will allow me to just rush through this shit?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Can I seriously not return to Castle Harganthia before the point of no return for the last recruit?? Only place with the mats I need to finish building the rooms I need and stuff...

Also the boob jello on the boss (dead countess) was fucking ridiculous šŸ˜©

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

But just fucking Attack.

Set the overall strategy to conserve resources. Then change their individual SP limits to 5 before they use it.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay Beigoma is making me lose my mind. Are there 3 beigoma that I can go find that will allow me to just rush through this shit?

Yes. You will find three amazing dragon tops on the turtle island that a recruit brings you to.

It will take a while to farm for them but you'll want to do several runs for materials and catching up low level characters there anyway.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I'm so glad they had the sense to make the Shi'arcraft races easy to quit when you know you've lost. It took me so many tries to beat the Expert course, and for a second I was about to lose my shit when I thought I was gonna have to do it again to recruit Scarlet. Luckily that race was easy in comparison and I got it done on the first try.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally about to start this. Was distracted by other games, Eiyuden Rising being one of them since I wanted to play it before starting this lol. Got the plat (the stamps... so many stamps...) and it was pretty cute! Really enjoyed CJ, Garoo and Isha and looking forward to seeing what they've been up to since then. And that ending reveal of what CJ's name stands for... iconic. xD

So yeah, ready for the main Eiyuden show now. Hundred heroes assemble!

hibouho

May 14, 2021
nyc
return to sender for my backer items bc of incomplete address even tho i have my full address listed :( . excited to jump into this once i finish chaos;child

CrazyIvan

Oct 26, 2017
Vermont
Can I seriously not return to Castle Harganthia before the point of no return for the last recruit?? Only place with the mats I need to finish building the rooms I need and stuff...

Also the boob jello on the boss (dead countess) was fucking ridiculous šŸ˜©

Yeah, I had the same recruitment issue. Had everyone but the one that requires you to speak to one of the ones tied up at the castle. So I was 1 recruit short of a perfect run. Still pisses me off.

Otherwise loved the game.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
The gryphon recruit requires a party member who's locked out of your party for a large portion of the endgame, until just after the cutoff for the true ending.

Ah, that's rough. The lock out gave me a lesser issue, I put my Super Lucky accessory on one of the characters locked to that. Is there a way to remove accessories from someone outside of the party?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still liking it okay, but it's all pretty unexciting some 25 hours in. It all works and it's just...fine? I'm just not very engaged with anything.

Krov87

Oct 31, 2017

But just fucking Attack.

As far as i remember "fight cautiously" ignores priority actions so you have to change fight cautiously to another system that respects priority actions like "conserve resources"

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
It's come to my attention that my game is bugging and sometimes not playing voice clips when it's supposed to. I thought it was odd when Aleior's recruitment scene wasn't voiced, but then after beating Crash, that whole scene wasn't voiced either. That seemed crazy, so I looked up a video, and it was definitely supposed to be voiced! Dang.

I'm on Steam Deck. Anyone else having this problem?

Edit: A quick google suggests it becomes a problem when the game is open for a long time without restarting. I definitely do this by just leaving my game in sleep mode. I guess I'll see if it that's enough to fix it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 has that same softlock bug, what gives? I imagine the patch for it will drop later?

Also I will have played the whole game in 1080p because they still haven't patched the resolution lol šŸ˜‘
I can't believe we are over two weeks out and still waiting on a resolution patch for the PS5.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Really like the way this area looks:

RasLoPC.png

Slowly gathering recruits, messing with the support slot, planning how I want to build out/prioritize stuff at my castle, etc. I mean, there isn't anything massive going on with the story, but just enjoying being helpful to the people around the world. It's... something positive for me to focus on during a week of really terrible industry news.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Made it to the Proving Grounds.

The boss before it though.....

Just before entering Treefolk Village...... A counter with each physical attack lmao eff off. Basically kept my entire party defending until Yusuke charged and unleashed a mega attack to mitigate damage. Francesca did some decent damage on her own once she was able to fire off her Rage and attack between Yusuke's charges.

Not looking forward to what's next, reading how many people had issues with this next section.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to the Proving Grounds.

The boss before it though.....

Just before entering Treefolk Village...... A counter with each physical attack lmao eff off. Basically kept my entire party defending until Yusuke charged and unleashed a mega attack to mitigate damage. Francesca did some decent damage on her own once she was able to fire off her Rage and attack between Yusuke's charges.

Not looking forward to what's next, reading how many people had issues with this next section.
We're at the same place. I kinda just rage quit after a couple rounds with that boss (wasn't in the mood) and will approach it differently today.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
We're at the same place. I kinda just rage quit after a couple rounds with that boss (wasn't in the mood) and will approach it differently today.

You pick up Fire Rune Pieces a bit before and on a whim I had Francesca use them and realized there wasn't a counter that time. So they really wanted a mage set up for this boss, which I just......wasn't prepped for. Used up way too many healing items but once I realized it only countered hard with physical attacks, I went with my limited Hard Hitters physically attacking it and it was a lot more controllable. Don't know what one would do if they weren't using Yusuke or Francesca though.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
You pick up Fire Rune Pieces a bit before and on a whim I had Francesca use them and realized there wasn't a counter that time. So they really wanted a mage set up for this boss, which I just......wasn't prepped for. Used up way too many healing items but once I realized it only countered hard with physical attacks, I went with my limited Hard Hitters physically attacking it and it was a lot more controllable. Don't know what one would do if they weren't using Yusuke or Francesca though.
I have the support character with me that lets me change members at save points, so maybe I'll need to do that. I haven't actually done it yet though, so hopefully it works. šŸ˜…

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

I have the support character with me that lets me change members at save points, so maybe I'll need to do that. I haven't actually done it yet though, so hopefully it works. šŸ˜…

It also won't counter combo attacks, so that's another option.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
I'm enjoying this but the more I play the more I wish the Runes were more interesting. Few runes give spells or abilities to play around with in combat, and those that do tend to be automatic (skills) and somewhat rare and magic is interesting/cool but expensive and often not as good as using MP for healing. And most run slots are static and I can't even fill them all - I'm 25 hours into the game and have only found one "passive" type of Rune. Since you only unlock 3-5 runes (depending on the character seems like) over the course of the entire game I kind of hoped they would be more interesting and have more impact on character actions during combat. I'm still just auto battle through most fights and while it's lovely and fun to watch, as an RPG it's not really tripping the tactical enjoyment center in my brain. I'm still digging the game overall, though, and have a LOT of game left - I've been slow about going through it with other games like Hades 2 now kind of distracting me.

Niahak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this but the more I play the more I wish the Runes were more interesting. Few runes give spells or abilities to play around with in combat, and those that do tend to be automatic (skills) and somewhat rare and magic is interesting/cool but expensive and often not as good as using MP for healing. And most run slots are static and I can't even fill them all - I'm 25 hours into the game and have only found one "passive" type of Rune. Since you only unlock 3-5 runes (depending on the character seems like) over the course of the entire game I kind of hoped they would be more interesting and have more impact on character actions during combat. I'm still just auto battle through most fights and while it's lovely and fun to watch, as an RPG it's not really tripping the tactical enjoyment center in my brain. I'm still digging the game overall, though, and have a LOT of game left - I've been slow about going through it with other games like Hades 2 now kind of distracting me.
This has been a pain point for me, too. If magic were less expensive or magic damage was quite a bit better (like 2-3x), I'd consider using magic in random encounters or at least saving it for bosses. But if I compare the damage even the best magic-users are doing to my front row... it's pretty sad, and the front row isn't using an expendable resource. It's slightly balanced out by most magic-users also having a decent normal attack...

And "skill" runes are generally uninteresting so far... less damage to add a status effect, or 50% miss chance for marginally better damage are pretty disappointing. Most of the built-in runes are good, but the optional ones are all meh.
When I started getting the 10% passive stat runes, felt like at least those are worth filling in empty slots. I think I've only seen two runes I was excited to put on a character. Feels like it might've been an attempt to balance, but it killed a bit of fun to get there.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I've been playing for almost 40 hours now and I'm really liking the game overall but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement for the sequel. Unless something dramatic changes I'm definitely going to agree with the 7/10 reviews. I'm glad this is a game that exists though.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I was a backer and I had asked for a Switch physical copy, but when I saw it getting delayed and not really using my switch much I went ahead and bought it on Steam and have been playing it there and loving it.

Well, my Switch copy showed up today, after an almost week delay where it was stuck waiting for transfer to USPS, but who cares, that's not the real issue. The real issue is the game case showed up bent and dented. Like halfway down from the top, there's a bunch of dents in it and when I lay it flat on a surface you can very visibly see where the middle section is raised. It came in a cheap plastic mailer so I dunno. Game cartridge seems okay, but like I paid for shipping and expected no visible damage but this was super noticeable the second I took it out of the packaging. Just a little lower and it could have damaged the game itself. I put in a support ticket with yetee, not really because I expect anything, but more so they know.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Eiyuden had some pretty good sales in Japan over Golden Week. Sold over three times as much as the new SaGa game. (Which is not to knock SaGa at all, as I also love that series.) The Switch version was the second highest seller overall across two weeks of sales.

Hopefully this will inspire the team to really get these final issues all sorted out and polish up the game's performance.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty much everyone agrees everything related to the runes (including and especially magic) is pretty underwhelming.

I just realized some rune slots have rune power limits which I think I kinda understand the intent but is kinda WTF (unless there's a way to remove that restriction laterā€¦)

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
Just checked Amazon.jp and, I learned three things:
1) NSW version is clearly the biggest seller out of the SKUs with many times more reviews.
2) The game is getting slammed consumer review wise, mainly due to performance issues. (Wholly expectedly. J gamers do not suffer multiple bugs lightly.)
3) Rising got a physical version in Japan! (What gives, man!?)

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked Amazon.jp and, I learned three things:
1) NSW version is clearly the biggest seller out of the SKUs with many times more reviews.
2) The game is getting slammed consumer review wise, mainly due to performance issues. (Wholly expectedly. J gamers do not suffer multiple bugs lightly.)
3) Rising got a physical version in Japan! (What gives, man!?)
The game had a gigantic drop off during week 2 for physical sales too. Doesn't seem to be doing great over there.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
You all weren't kidding about this place. I beat the Golem and that angel duo boss but it's late so I'm calling it there. I'm hoping that's the last of it and the rest is just story. Some trial/error with the hallways but it wasn't too bad.....but I was starting to Flee encounters near the end, and getting annoyed when I "Couldn't Escape" and just giving the enemies free damage. Really am feeling an Encounter Rate Setting would help with things like that.

As for the boss itself, once again found myself chugging my stockpile of healing items to brute force the fight. Yusuke was, once again, the MVP. The AOE instant attack from the angel was also stupid, which is what caused the overuse of healing items. But whatever, it's done now. I just don't know how else I'd approach the fight apart from Charging Yusuke........again.