How long will Linda Yaccarino last as the new CEO of Twitter/๐•?

• She will not make it to her desk

Votes: 175 13.2%
  • She will be out within a month

Votes: 100 7.6%
  • She will be out before 9/11

Votes: 201 15.2%
  • She will not last to "๐•"-mess - you get it right? ๐Ÿคฃ

Votes: 342 25.9%
  • She will be there for less than a year

Votes: 306 23.2%
  • She will be there till the end of: The Dark World

Votes: 197 14.9%

• Total voters
BluesBlocker Chrome extension

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Edit 2 - Chrome extension:

chrome.google.com

BluesBlocker

Chrome extension to auto-block Twitter Blue subscribers on Twitter

Edit -

Twitter alternatives:

www.resetera.com

Mastodon |OT| Toot as you please (๐• alternative) OT

IntroductionMastodon is a free, open source software allowing for a social network to be setup on a server. Mastodon is not owned or run by a company. Most people will join existing servers instead of running their own. If you want to set up a server you'll pay for it somewhere. Server...

www.resetera.com

Hive |OT| itโ€™s all the buzz! (Twitter-like social app) OT

https://www.hivesocial.app/ This app has been around for two or so years but is blowing up with a ton of major gaming/celeb/content creators soooooo join today! Is it an app? There is no web interface, it is strictly an app, on iOS/Android. They are working on a web interface I believe. I...

www.resetera.com

Post |OT| News (actively updated Twitter/news alternative) OT

https://post.news/ What is it? It's another social media platform that's seen as a Twitter alternative like Hive or Mastodon. The CEO is Noam Bardin, former CEO of Waze. As it is very new, not everything is working (notably search is accounts only and you can't see your replies or likes yet)...

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/verge/status/1586883874122264576

Now that he owns Twitter, Elon Musk has given employees their first ultimatum: Meet his deadline to introduce paid verification on Twitter or pack up and leave.

The directive is to change Twitter Blue, the company's optional, $4.99 a month subscription that unlocks additional features, into a more expensive subscription that also verifies users, according to people familiar with the matter and internal correspondence seen by The Verge. Twitter is planning to charge $19.99 for the new Twitter Blue subscription, though that price is subject to change. Employees working on the project were told on Sunday that they need to meet a deadline of November 7th to launch the feature or they will be fired.

Last edited:

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Elon is such a fucking dumbass.

This has him and his boneheaded cabal of VCs like Calacanis written all over it

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I could see a lot of people paying for the blue check though 20 a month is a shitload

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
so he's going to quadruple the price for something that they were providing for free before, in a bid to improve the size of the app's userbase?

do I have that right?

Mekanos

โ–ฒ Legend โ–ฒ
Oct 17, 2018

1fae1.png

The4thJeazy

May 14, 2020
I'm sure bad actors won't take advantage of this to get verified to promote misinformation while looking like a legitimate source right?! Right?!?!

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I hope one day someone put Elon in his place. He think that his employees have no value and treats them like trash. It's not like we have never seen this backfire so hard.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now the whole world's gonna know that you paid $20 to get verified on Twitter

mle89G.gif

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
man this dude straight up butchering the service on record time, I hope all the people there just quit and start a ton of twitter competitors so we get a bunch of new and different takes on social apps