How long will Linda Yaccarino last as the new CEO of Twitter/𝕏?

• She will not make it to her desk

Votes: 175 13.2%
  • She will be out within a month

Votes: 100 7.6%
  • She will be out before 9/11

Votes: 201 15.2%
  • She will not last to "𝕏"-mess - you get it right? 🤣

Votes: 342 25.9%
  • She will be there for less than a year

Votes: 306 23.2%
  • She will be there till the end of: The Dark World

Votes: 197 14.9%

• Total voters

Asterikolt

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Jack is boosting this.

Stop using BlueSky.
Jack officially isn't part of Bluesky anymore:

Bluesky (@bsky.app)

With Jack’s departure, we are searching for a new board member for the Bluesky public benefit company who shares our commitment to building a social network that puts people in control of their experience. More to come!

Also the site's development hasn't been guided by him for a long time now

Bluesky

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Of course Jack is boosting this.

Stop using BlueSky.
Jack left Bluesky. He kind of got mocked by people there and stopped posting. He recently left the board as well. He's focusing on his own project nostr and is really mad that Bluesky would dare to use... Moderation!

That's likely why he's posting on Twitter again. Bluesky is very anti-Jack. I follow the developers on there.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Musk's SpaceX is quick to build in Texas, slow to pay its bills

SpaceX is building launch facilities, office buildings and even a shopping center in rural Texas, as billionaire Elon Musk's space venture rapidly expands its rocket and satellite business across the Lone Star state.

But a Reuters review of Texas property records shows that SpaceX and its contractors can be far slower to pay builders and suppliers than they are to break ground. Unpaid bills and finger-pointing among contractors, Reuters found, have led many construction-industry businesses to file liens against SpaceX properties in efforts to get compensated.
The result, several of those businesses told Reuters, is a reluctance to work on SpaceX-related projects again. "If they were to call me today, I'd tell them to f--- off," said Brian Rozelle, an owner of Hydroz Energy Services LLC.
Texas property records show that Hydroz is one of more than two dozen companies that have filed at least 72 liens since 2019 against sites developed by SpaceX and its contractors. Combined, Reuters found, the liens have sought payments totaling more than $2.5 million.
CMC Construction Services, a Texas-based materials supplier, has 26 locations and a legal department. Starting in July 2022, CMC supplied $129,592 worth of materials for a SpaceX project in Bastrop, near Austin, the state capital. Although CMC filed a lien in January 2023, it still hasn't been paid, a company official told Reuters
GC Steel & Accessories LLC, a family-owned company near Brownsville, has been waiting more than 18 months for payment after supplying steel bars and other materials for SpaceX rocket facilities.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Jack left Bluesky. He kind of got mocked by people there and stopped posting. He recently left the board as well. He's focusing on his own project nostr and is really mad that Bluesky would dare to use... Moderation!

That's likely why he's posting on Twitter again. Bluesky is very anti-Jack. I follow the developers on there.
I love that Jack left bluesky after complaining about Moderation and the userbase going "What don't you want moderated Jack?", "is it CSAM Jack?", and many variations on the theme of why moderation is a good thing... dude realised he was on a loser and quit. I wonder how long nostr will last before they are legally forced to moderate.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea old Jacky boy left BlueSky. That is absolutely fantastic news and I hope he feels bad.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
UU6hvOi.jpeg

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Tesla strike in Sweden heats up as nation's largest union joins fray

Sweden's biggest union on Tuesday threw its weight behind a six-month-old strike by mechanics at Tesla, escalating a conflict the notoriously union-shy company is facing with a Nordic labour force committed to collective bargaining.
"The strike is ongoing and we have no signs of reaching an agreement in the near future," Marie Nilsson, head of IF Metall, said. "We have had a few sittings with the Swedish management during April, but... Tesla has shown little willingness in discussing an end to the conflict."
More than a dozen unions have launched action in support of IF Metall's strike, with Unionen the latest and biggest.

"It is fundamentally important to protect our collective agreement system," Martin Wastfeldt, head of negotiations at Unionen, a white-collar union with about 700,000 members, told Reuters.
Unionen began a blockade on Tuesday affecting all work for Tesla at DEKRA Industrial AB, which carries out legally mandated equipment inspections.

If Tesla seeks to circumvent the blockade by hiring other providers, Wastfeldt said Unionen was prepared to do more.

This might involve Unionen members at the company that produces licence plates for Tesla in Sweden, or administrative, human resources and finance staff at Tesla itself.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

When it comes to Tesla, Americans are living in different universes

A recent poll from YouGov found that Tesla owners have heard very different things about Elon Musk's automaker than non-owners. However, that isn't changing anyone's mind about purchasing one of its electric vehicles
Tesla's "Buzz" scores remained consistently negative in 2023, averaging at a -7.1 among all U.S. adults, meaning that Americans are hearing more bad things than good about the company. As of April 30, the buzz score stands at -4.5, its highest point since last October.
But if you're a Tesla owner, your perception is very different. Current customers averaged a 61.8 last year and, as of April 30, are at 68.5, meaning they overwhelmingly heard more good than bad things about Tesla.
Seven in ten current customers said they would consider buying another Tesla EV in 2023.
qz.com

When it comes to Tesla, Americans are living in different universes

Tesla customers overwhelmingly get good news about Elon Musk's EV maker. Others, not so much

Mikarza

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Well it looks like Twitter is redirecting to x.com for me now, and is completely broken in Firefox for me showing a "Something went wrong, but don't fret — let's give it another shot." error with a bunch of "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource" errors showing in the console.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Well it looks like Twitter is redirecting to x.com for me now, and is completely broken in Firefox for me showing a "Something went wrong, but don't fret — let's give it another shot." error with a bunch of "Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource" errors showing in the console.
I mean, I'm surprised it took this long. It has been x.com as a thing for what, a year now? But x.com redirected to twitter.com, not the other way round. He bungled the rebrand. It should have been done this way when he did the change.

It's a godawful change. Have fun with all those 301 redirects

beat

Oct 28, 2017
If you're using Control Panel for Twitter or a similar extension, you'll probably need an update that can handle the new site redirect.

Mikarza

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
If you're using Control Panel for Twitter or a similar extension, you'll probably need an update that can handle the new site redirect.

No extensions or anything and I tried disabling plugins like Ad Block as well, Firefox just doesn't like it.

It looks like it is Firefox's Enhanced Tracking Protection. With the domain change, Firefox is now treating the domain abs.twimg.com as social media tracking and blocking it.

Last edited:

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Law professor says Tesla threatened to fire law firm over Musk's huge payout

A leading professor of corporate governance has accused Tesla of threatening to fire one of its law firms over his objections to Elon Musk's claim to a massive $56bn compensation package
Retired professor Charles Elson of the University of Delaware alleged in a legal filing on Monday that Holland & Knight, a law firm that he has worked for over close to three decades, told him that Tesla threatened to end its relationship with the firm unless he dropped plans to submit a legal brief to a shareholder lawsuit opposing the controversial payout, the largest in US history.
In the filing, Elson said Tesla's efforts to stop his opinion from being included in the action based on claims of a conflict of interest were "extraordinary and appalling" and "a fig leaf for Musk, acting through Tesla, to try to bully a law professor by making a serious economic threat to a law firm with which the professor had a consulting relationship".
The claim of a conflict of interest, he said, was not valid because he is not a lawyer at Holland & Knight but a consultant and was acting as a friend of the court.
www.theguardian.com

Law professor says Tesla threatened to fire law firm over Musk’s huge payout

Charles Elson accused EV company of strong-arming law firm where he consulted over his legal brief opposing Musk’s pay

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Tesla is sued over air pollution from factory operations in Fremont, California

Tesla is being sued by the nonprofit Environmental Democracy Project, which alleges "ongoing failure to comply with the Clean Air Act" at the electric vehicle company's assembly plant in Fremont, California
In the suit, filed in federal court in San Francisco on Monday, the environmental group accused Tesla of violating that law "hundreds of times since January 2021, emitting harmful pollution into the neighborhoods surrounding the Factory
While Tesla has long touted the climate benefits of driving EVs, its manufacturing practices have been decried by environmentalists for years. Tesla landed at 89 on the 2023 Toxic 100 Air Polluters list, an annual study by the Political Economy Research Institute at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. The Environmental Protection Agency fined Tesla $275,000 in 2022, saying the company had failed to measure, track and maintain records about its own emissions or to minimize air pollutants from painting operations at the facility.
Separately, Tesla was sued by 25 counties in California for its handling of hazardous waste materials at facilities throughout the state earlier this year

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth

Tesla must face vehicle owners' lawsuit over self-driving claims

A U.S. judge on Wednesday rejected Tesla's), opens new tab bid to dismiss a lawsuit accusing Elon Musk's electric car company of misleading owners into believing that their vehicles could soon have self-driving capabilities
The proposed nationwide class action accused Tesla and Musk of having since 2016 falsely advertised Autopilot and other self-driving technology as functional or "just around the corner," inducing drivers to pay more for their vehicles.
Without ruling on the merits, Lin said that "if Tesla meant to convey that its hardware was sufficient to reach high or full automation, the plainly alleges sufficient falsity."
Federal prosecutors are separately examining whether Tesla committed securities fraud or wire fraud by misleading investors about its vehicles' self-driving capabilities, according to three people familiar with the matter.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

I mean, I'm surprised it took this long. It has been x.com as a thing for what, a year now? But x.com redirected to twitter.com, not the other way round. He bungled the rebrand. It should have been done this way when he did the change.

It's a godawful change. Have fun with all those 301 redirects
Looking like it's a gradual rollout. Still twitter.com for me thankfully, but I'd imagine it won't stay that way for long.

View: https://twitter.com/Mouse140/status/1790629967988171199

View: https://twitter.com/SwordofOracle/status/1790650000781054294

beat

Oct 28, 2017
This might finally kill off my use of Twitter, cause I mainly use it on apps that haven't been updated since the takeover.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, almost 10 months after Twitter has rebranded to X, direct traffic to to the twitter.com URL is still 2000x more than the traffic to the x.com URL?

Concerning.
It's because x.com auto redirected as standard to twitter.com. He got the rebrand backwards

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Incredible.

Soon, they should hide tweets from everyone, so you can say whatever you want, or "engage" with controversial topics, without being ridiculed!

What is the point of having a social media platform where the fun bits are hollowed out like a ripe lemon?

Hiding likes and removing blocks is just appealing to the worst people on the planet. Other users should know if you're boosting "edgy" content.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
So what's the fucking difference between Likes and Bookmarks.

Jesus wept.
The engineer actually explained in a reply! Bookmarks are only visible to the bookmarker. Likes will now only be visible to the liker and the likee. (I suspect like counts will still be public. One of the dumb but overall less terrible changes post-Elon has been to make bookmark counts public, BTW. This happened many months ago.)

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Normal people don't get roasted for liking Nazi tweets, so they never get to thinking "wow, I wish my likes were private."

You know what, come to think of it, I'm really surprised this feature isn't (1) optional and (2) paywalled.
It already is. People who paid for Twitter Blue can hide their Likes already, if they do so wish. Have been able to for a while

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
Ah continuing the trend of Elon is upset with something and has demanded changes for only his benefit. I expect him to sell "see this persons likes for $$$" in the near future.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Elon believes in the silent majority bullshit. The world is full of people who wish they could express their anti-woke views via "likes" but are afraid of repercussions.

It's incredibly sus considering his power to manipulate the system. Even if it's just selectively combatting bot like farming he can make his vision appear like reality.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
www.macrumors.com

X Confirms Plan to Make 'Likes' Private, Remove Likes Tab From Profiles

Social media platform X (formerly Twitter) will soon stop showing public "likes" on users' profile pages, the company has said. The plan...

View: https://x.com/wanghaofei/status/1793096366132195529

"Yeah, we are making likes private," responded X's director of engineering Haofei Wang. "Public likes are incentivizing the wrong behavior. For example, many people feel discouraged from liking content that might be 'edgy' in fear of retaliation from trolls, or to protect their public image."

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So it's basically to protect bigots from being shamed or criticized after they publicly like bigoted shit. Cool.