• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
They might have calculated amount spent on limited vs unlimited and decided the latter makes more for them. That's my conclusion anyway, given how crazy people got with Kise.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of limited, I just noticed Luna is in the party in the (english language) Bellona announcement video. Fuckers know what they're doing, lol.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Being able to turn useless artifacts into currency is nice.

They might have calculated amount spent on limited vs unlimited and decided the latter makes more for them. That's my conclusion anyway, given how crazy people got with Kise.

Oh I don't think there's any doubt that's exactly what they did. The low rates were and are a major complaint and it feels like they introduced the pity system so they could point to it to shift attention. Every non-limited new character just reinforces that feeling.

How is this game to a f2p player? Is PvP viable for a f2p?
Day time spent to do diaries? Story any good?
Thanks

The games fine as F2P. The game gives you a chance at a solid start and you can clear the majority of content with a handful of strong units. The game also provides you with several top tier units and lets you upgrade some low rarity units to be very powerful. It gives out an ok amount of currency, an "average" amount compared to most gacha games I'd say. Unfortunately the games very low rates mean you're unlikely to be seeing useful new units unless you get quite lucky so if that aspect of gacha games is important to you you may want to consider giving it a pass. As F2P you can do PvP, and once you crawl up to a new league it seems you stay there so you should be able to get a decent weekly gem income even as F2P. Dailies probably take around forty five minutes. The story has some interesting world building and some characters stand out but the quality, both in the main story and side stories, is all over the place.

Gacha rates are low, but the currency for it is easy to gain without paying. You can expect maybe 30 rolls/week if you use all your stamina and pvp tokens.

How are you figuring 30 rolls a week? Seven from daily pulls, 1.2 from login bookmarks and then? You get 50 gems from dailies, so 350 a week, lets say the same from PvP weekly rewards, so 700 gems, assuming you buy two 950 gem bookmark packs for the other 20 pulls wheres the other 1100 gems coming from? PvP against NPC's? Just wondering if I'm missing something obvious

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Was between Kluri/Destina and Axe God for my second 6* after Lorina....but it seems like it would be better to 6* my best farmer instead to make the overall leveling and 6* upgrades down the line faster.

My bets farmer would probably be Earth Vildred, and Axe God (if i can gear him right)...Axed God has the benefit that he is useful in other content outside farming as well and Dark has no weakness...only thing that speaks against him is that i already have a Dark DPS with Lorina

Anyone here using Axe God as a farmer ? How does he compare to Vildred ? I have Dust Devil for Vildred so a good setup to farm, but he isnt really useful in much content outside of farming...but if he is much faster than Axe God i might still go with him.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Was between Kluri/Destina and Axe God for my second 6* after Lorina....but it seems like it would be better to 6* my best farmer instead to make the overall leveling and 6* upgrades down the line faster.

My bets farmer would probably be Earth Vildred, and Axe God (if i can gear him right)...Axed God has the benefit that he is useful in other content outside farming as well and Dark has no weakness...only thing that speaks against him is that i already have a Dark DPS with Lorina

Anyone here using Axe God as a farmer ? How does he compare to Vildred ? I have Dust Devil for Vildred so a good setup to farm, but he isnt really useful in much content outside of farming...but if he is much faster than Axe God i might still go with him.

Here's my logic - there's debate here and there about who to 6* for farming, some people say to curate your friends list and only have friends with units who can solo farm levels while you bring fodder. But in my experience, you'll be going after catalysts, not just exp. Not only do you get more exp for harder levels, but some catalyst levels are too hard for a lot of characters to solo. Which is why I like Ravi as my leader, so I can bring anybody and she'll get it done. I'm rarely gated by time more than stamina, so I try to do the hardest stages possible especially in events that might have epic catalysts I want. Likewise I try to add a lot of people from here, not just +13 ML Kens, so I don't always get the perfect friend carry.

As someone with a Vildred I'll probably still prioritize Axegod if I get him tonight. I use him from my friends list quite often and he seems pretty survivable on top of great AOE.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared 79 on my lunch break, holy shit that was easy. This Destina/Ravi/Angelica/Judge Kise+Daydream Joker team seems pretty legit. Everyone is tanky (10k+ hp), debuffs do nothing, and I can both stun enemies and delay their cooldowns. Kise's def break is really unreliable but she's fast enough that it's usually up. Might stick with this team for the final floor too.

Moonlight summon was my third Mirsa, rip

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Beat 50 floor of Abyss today , if I knew would be easy like this was probably would have tried it before , was avoiding Abyss because I didn't think I had the gear for it and people getting stuck on that floor so I didn't bother to try earlier, used Doris , Destina, Iseria and Lorina

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Bellona's skills look really promising with the S1 dmg scaling to max health, and the S3 aoe defense break. Probably more for PVE, but she could give Sez and water healers some trouble in PVP. Don't care for her design much, but I see a lot of value in her skills.

But I'm really disappointed that there's no pity system again. The ML summons are bad enough, but this really puts f2p players at a disadvantage in PVP.

And on top of that, still no Hazel spec change...

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Bellona's skills look really promising with the S1 dmg scaling to max health, and the S3 aoe defense break. Probably more for PVE, but she could give Sez and water healers some trouble in PVP. Don't care for her design much, but I see a lot of value in her skills.

But I'm really disappointed that there's no pity system again. The ML summons are bad enough, but this really puts f2p players at a disadvantage in PVP.

And on top of that, still no Hazel spec change...

I was hoping bellona would be the next limited just so I could go all in and not be hosed :/.

Most wanted non-Ken character yet. I hope I get her within a reasonable amount so I'm not tempted to go well into limited character crystals and end up with nothing.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The pity system was a mistake on their part. I would really only expect a pity system every 8-10 banners. 120 summons is WAY too low and just throwing away money. Does it suck? Yeah, but the system was just too good for F2P. People spent hundreds for Kise.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping bellona would be the next limited just so I could go all in and not be hosed :/.

Most wanted non-Ken character yet. I hope I get her within a reasonable amount so I'm not tempted to go well into limited character crystals and end up with nothing.

Yeah, I have my 10k skystones ready, but I doubt I'll throw down much on this even though I'd love to get her. I'll just keep saving in hopes they have another limited some day. Really I just wanted Uber Hazel.

The pity system was a mistake on their part. I would really only expect a pity system every 8-10 banners. 120 summons is WAY too low and just throwing away money. Does it suck? Yeah, but the system was just too good for F2P. People spent hundreds for Kise.

Then make it a 300 or 500 summon pity system. There has to be a compromise that is tolerable for everyone and keeps f2p players feeling like they have a chance.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Beat 50 floor of Abyss today , if I knew would be easy like this was probably would have tried it before , was avoiding Abyss because I didn't think I had the gear for it and people getting stuck on that floor so I didn't bother to try earlier, used Doris , Destina, Iseria and Lorina

Can you give me a rundown on how you handled phase 2? How do you dish out enough damage to kill her before she runs amok?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Pity system for every banner. Characters for all. I don't need them that frequently, it's going to take awhile to rebuild 12k crystals. I pulled for Diene 40 times and failed, I was at around 10k crystals maybe. I'm at 17k now. I've probably pulled 50-60 times since Diene. So that's math.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Can you give me a rundown on how you handled phase 2? How do you dish out enough damage to kill her before she runs amok?

Is not a matter of kill her fast (at least to my team) but to endure the fight I'd say, I gave up one dps for a backup healer/ buffer in this case Doris with Destina tanking , basically having two healers and doris putting her 3 turn defense buff up , Iseria is quite unique per se , meaning I can prevent the anti - debuff buff from the add and armor breaking at the same time with S3 which makes things really easy because i could dish more damage out, on top of that she have a reset cooldown skill on her S2 that you can use an attack on the same turn, I have to admit it's a OP setup. You can use your healer and Elson if you don't have Doris , buff defense helps a lot. If I didn't have Iseria, probably would focus on the buff add first and after it was killed focus on her armor breaking and dishing more damage out, the other two adds I would just ignore, if your defense is good it's not a problem.

Edit: Didn't have thought much about the fight , but thinking right now there is a lot of things going on, did a lot of edits on the post

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Is not a matter of kill her fast (at least to my team) but to endure the fight I'd say, I gave up one dps for a backup healer/ buffer in this case Doris with Destina tanking , basically having two healers and doris putting her 3 turn defense buff up , I have to admit it's a OP setup. You can use your healer and Elson if you don't have Doris , buff defense helps a lot

Is that really enough? Cause she gets stronger every turn. After a while, she can oneshot my entire crew with one aoe. This is such a pain!

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Is that really enough? Cause she gets stronger every turn. After a while, she can oneshot my entire crew with one aoe. This is such a pain!

Did some edits and maybe a solution for you without Iseria, about the AoE she is quite fast but it didn't get to the point of one shot me , far from it maybe I killed fast without knowing.

Edit: You might try to use Kiris too , every time she attacks would take poison damage so her speed would work against her

Last edited:

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
The Lifesteal set from Abyss is good on ML Ken right? Might as well let him have it if it is.

Maybe it'll become cheap to swap gear around on characters one day...

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
The Lifesteal set from Abyss is good on ML Ken right? Might as well let him have it if it is.

Maybe it'll become cheap to swap gear around on characters one day...

It's what you want on him, I mentioned in the last page why. Look at it this way - he eats a crit, then counterattacks with a crit of his own boosted by the HP that he lost. He then lifesteals a chunk of that back. You can use Sigurd Scythe to do this as well, but the Abyss lifesteal sets are generally better than anything else you can get at the time you find them. Hell, when I finish my T6 set, I will just give Ravi's T5 set to a damage dealer because it rolled a lot of crit and attack.

I'm thinking of this mainly in PVP terms because that's where I usually see ML Ken, but he's great with lifesteal for other content. I love borrowing them from friend supports because I can often run 4 fodder with confidence that he'll clear the level.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Bellona is actually super useful, just going by her kit. AoE defense down makes her a must-have in AoE cleave teams for PvP, and it even has a really high proc rate (higher than most def down S1s). Whether or not she's good on bosses depends entirely on how well her S1 scales, but judging from other characters with target max HP-scaling damage, she's going to be OP as fuck in Abyss - especially when kitted out with a lot of crit damage. Don't know whether or not she'll be useful in raids, however.

Either way, I think it's a mistake to downplay her. Not that any of us are going to actually roll her, mind... not with these rates...

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can still get them if you can still roll after 1-4. The 1-10 selective summon is still the same pool from the Korean launch. It's why Haste or Krau weren't on it when it launched in global, as far as I'm aware.

Huh. My bad, I actually was not aware of that. I thought it drew from the same pool. So they'd have to pull Kise from 1-4 if they really wanted her.

Bellona is actually super useful, just going by her kit. AoE defense down makes her a must-have in AoE cleave teams for PvP, and it even has a really high proc rate (higher than most def down S1s). Whether or not she's good on bosses depends entirely on how well her S1 scales, but judging from other characters with target max HP-scaling damage, she's going to be OP as fuck in Abyss - especially when kitted out with a lot of crit damage. Don't know whether or not she'll be useful in raids, however.

Either way, I think it's a mistake to downplay her. Not that any of us are going to actually roll her, mind... not with these rates...

It's easy to diss a unit not yet released. Diene was deemed trash before her release. I think Bellona is shaping up to be a really good unit. I also feel pairing her with Sez would create a destructive combo for PvP as you mentioned.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

Yup, I agree. I think she looks useful out of the box, and brings an interesting skillset instead of being just another high-DPS thief. But as you say, I'm sure I won't be seeing her except when she obliterates my PVP team.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then make it a 300 or 500 summon pity system. There has to be a compromise that is tolerable for everyone and keeps f2p players feeling like they have a chance.

I'd be happy if the knocked it up to 300 but it was available on every featured banner and you could get more than the featured 5* because while "only" 120 pulls for a limited unit is nice knowing its the only 5* unit you can get makes the pulls to get to 120 fairly boring (well more boring considering the games garbage rates).

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

I get bellona or I vote trump 2020. It's my only leverage.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ML summon before maintenance got me....
R5QtKzul.png

Still can't believe it

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, Vctor182 !

Plan for after maintenance? Get Molagora from Bellona's event -> Level Achate's S3 for -1 turn cooldown -> Beat abyss stage 50 -> Pull Bellona with the 40 bookmarks

Foolproof-Plan-Blog-Title.png

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I'll go in for 10 pulls. If I don't get her, I'll go rage through the side story with Sez.

At the very least now I can trade all those 3* artifacts for something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.