• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What type of weather do you hate most

• Hot

Votes: 974 77.6%
  • Cold

Votes: 281 22.4%

• Total voters

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Hot weather is 10x worse than cold for me. You can wear clothes to make up for the cold outside but you can't do shit about hot weather when the hot air hit's your body.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
The cold comes with snow and ice so fuck the cold. Winter in warm places is amazing.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Cold. It's depressing as hell. Everything is dead looking. Snow, freezing rain, sleet, slush, freezing fog, the salt to combat it all. Thicker and heavier laundry loads. My hands and feet are constantly frozen. People get sick, fake sick, lie about "going into the ditch". Plus it's cold.

Hot summer days are no where near as common as cold, windy, days, so I like to treat them as a gift.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The heat is WACK and it makes my electric company go crazy on the rates during the summer.

I'm already looking forward to the Fall/Winter for cooler temps.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i feel like if 70 degrees F is the baseline for normal living conditions, i can deal with it being in the 40s with zero ill effect or change in my behavior, but as soon as it gets into the 80s i start getting mad at how hot it is and anything above that is basically death

so by pure math alone the cold wins, fuck heat and fuck the sun

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
Cold. It's depressing as hell. Everything is dead looking. Snow, freezing rain, sleet, slush, freezing fog, the salt to combat it all. Thicker and heavier laundry loads. My hands and feet are constantly frozen. People get sick, fake sick, lie about "going into the ditch". Plus it's cold.

Hot summer days are no where near as common as cold, windy, days, so I like to treat them as a gift.
Real cold snowy winter is beautiful. I mean look at this:
Norway_Lake_Winter_482638.jpg

OT I don't mind either temperature, rain on the other hand

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017

Slush is the absolute worst. Especially when you don't know it's there and then you are ankle deep in it and now your shoes and feet are wet for the day.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
hot is better than cold

but......
very humid and high dew point (65 degrees+) are worse than freezing

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Heat. Don't care what anyone says, with the cold you can find ways to get warm. 100+ heat, you're pretty much sol.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Cold. You don't have to go out in +40 degree Celsius weather and shovel, or really do anything. When you live in Canada you gotta go out in -40 degree Celsius and shovel and push your stupid car out of the snow, and then push the next stuck car so you can move and then by then you have frozen to death from hypothermia. Why do you think homeless people live in warmer climates? Because you die in the cold. There are way too many negative aspects of -40 degree weather that just aren't even considerations in +40. People who are saying "hot" have never experienced true cold. I've been to Vegas in July, and Virginia in mid-August...I've experienced those +100 degree days, even camping for 4 days outside with no shade in +100 degree weather. You couldn't camp outside in -40 degrees. You would die. You would die in a matter of hours. I spent 4 days outside in extreme heat, and never died. Never got dehydrated. Never even got a sunburn because I covered up properly, stayed hydrated and wore sunscreen. There is no equivalent of that for extreme cold. Unless you've been to Saskatchewan in January...you don't know what you are talking about when you say you hate hot more.

Oct 27, 2017
Hot.

I am a winter baby through and through. It's my favourite season by a gigantic margin.

No bugs and sleeping is cozy on top of everything else. Hockey, Christmas, Snowboarding...Snowboarding, snowboarding.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hot. I just lose any interest in going outside to do activities and end up staying inside most of the day.

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Cold. You don't have to go out in +40 degree Celsius weather and shovel, or really do anything. When you live in Canada you gotta go out in -40 degree Celsius and shovel and push your stupid car out of the snow, and then push the next stuck car so you can move and then by then you have frozen to death from hypothermia. Why do you think homeless people live in warmer climates? Because you die in the cold. There are way too many negative aspects of -40 degree weather that just aren't even considerations in +40. People who are saying "hot" have never experienced true cold. I've been to Vegas in July, and Virginia in mid-August...I've experienced those +100 degree days, even camping for 4 days outside with no shade in +100 degree weather. You couldn't camp outside in -40 degrees. You would die. You would die in a matter of hours. I spent 4 days outside in extreme heat, and never died. Never got dehydrated. Never even got a sunburn because I covered up properly, stayed hydrated and wore sunscreen. There is no equivalent of that for extreme cold. Unless you've been to Saskatchewan in January...you don't know what you are talking about when you say you hate hot more.
Isn't there a point where you can't even differentiate between varying degrees of cold? Like year -40c is cold af but it would it feel much different than say -30c?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Gotta give more of my hate to the heat. At least you can protect yourself from the cold.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Cold. Give me a hot day literally any day, I live for it. It's the only reason I put up with Chicago's awful winters, cuz the summers are beautiful.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
It's easy to layer and acclimatize to the cold. Then even enjoy it.
I don't think it's ever easy to acclimatize to the heat. It remains that miserable, uncomfortable feeling that you just have to deal with.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Isn't there a point where you can't even differentiate between varying degrees of cold? Like year -40c is cold af but it would it feel much different than say -30c?

No you can tell the difference. Maybe between -40 and -50 it starts getting harder to differentiate, because it's just straight up too painful to be outside for any amount of time regardless, and we had quite a few -50 days this year too, but when you've had a week straight of -40 weather, those -30 days feel like a breath of fresh air.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I love snuggling up in blankets by a fireplace in the cold ❤️

Texas summers offer no such comforts 💔

Cilla

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
As an Aussie definitely heat. We don't have cooling so it's hot! Our winters are mild. However from next year I'll be moving somewhere with severe winter so my opinion might change.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
hate hot weather. you can layer up in cold weather and be really comfy but good luck in hot weather if you don't have ac.

OP
OP
fluffydelusions
Oct 25, 2017
Ok dude no. Your flesh very much cares.
No you can tell the difference. Maybe between -40 and -50 it starts getting harder to differentiate, because it's just straight up too painful to be outside for any amount of time regardless, and we had quite a few -50 days this year too, but when you've had a week straight of -40 weather, those -30 days feel like a breath of fresh air.
Yeah I remember reading about it but don't remember the exact number where it gets harder to differentiate between the degrees of cold. Either way, it's painful especially if you add windchill to the mix.

Eskiboy

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham
For some reason I've gone from having a huge tolerance for the cold. Sometime in my late twenties that all flipped. I absolutely hate the cold.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I hate both but I'd rather it be hot than cold, just find it the preferable type of discomfort.

Granted, I almost entirely prefer the opposite general feel of the season -- so when it's summer, I do love it cold inside; when it's winter, I love it to be toasty.

But, cold also brings along with it association with winter, and living in a place where it snows plentifully and regularly, I fucking HATE the snow now. I get the appeal to people who don't have to live with it, but goddamn rain is so much more refreshing and snow just feels like a goddamn annoyance when it's piled up. It makes walking harder, it makes driving harder, it's just bitterly cold. Fuck snow.

Rain just cools me off and generally tends to get the fuck out of the way when it's done.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
There are enjoyable limits to cold.
-10C is nothing. Sweater weather.
-20C is time to layer.
-30C is not fun but tolerable.
-40C is just rude.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Hate is a strong word.

I probably prefer cold weather. I can always put on a blanket if it's too cold. If it's too hot then there is not much I can do.

Nights in bed in the winter are fantastic compared to those in the summer.

Oct 30, 2017
Hate the heat. I sweat very easily, we don't have any air cooling in our house and sleep is horrible. The cold is great. Feels good to stay home and I sleep much better. Plus I love hoodies.

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's very easy, if i'm cold in the winter i can bundle up and be fine! What can you do in extreme summer? And it doesn't help that i'm hot blooded so it's very RARE i'm ever cold as it is.

So yeah screw your HOTY weather all day every day.!!! 85 and below is great, anything over that naw!!

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Hot weather makes you annoyingly sweaty and sticky. My allergies skyrockets as well so I'm grumpy most of the time during it.

So Winter > Summer (personally I prefer Spring or Autumn since they feel just right.)

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Cold weather is horrible, I can atleast enjoy the outdoors in hot weather, even if I'm a sweaty mess by the end of the day(nothing a cold shower can fix). In cold weather(meaning winter with snow), all I want to do is stay inside and looking outside just makes me feel depressed 😞