• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I just read SCP-4005 and I don't get it. Maybe it's because I don't normally read Apollyon but it sounds like in the end every human on Earth was affected so... game over? Do most Apollyon actually end the world?

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I just read SCP-4005 and I don't get it. Maybe it's because I don't normally read Apollyon but it sounds like in the end every human on Earth was affected so... game over? Do most Apollyon actually end the world?
Yeah not all SCPs are in continuity, so some will straight up end with the end of the world or a "broken masquerade" scenario without fixing the issue before the SCP is done. It's just the nature of having hundreds of authors, I guess.

Oct 26, 2017
No, but if you want we can help you sort one out if you need help.
I ended up writing my attempt at an SCP. It's a little long since there are a couple tests. If anyone would be willing to give it a read and give me opinions I would appreciate it. If anyone is up for it, please send me a PM and I can send you a link so you can view it.
It needs some polish and I'm still double checking some of my terminology to make sure it's in line with other SCPs.

OP
OP
BLOODED_hands

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Once you have a rough draft share it here and I'll threadmark it ElectricKaibutsu 👍

Don't feel like you're hijacking/derailing this thread. This thread is essentially just the SCP thread of [REDACTED] lol.

Era member ElectricKaibutsu's own SCP creation! *rough draft*
Oct 26, 2017
Once you have a rough draft share it here and I'll threadmark it ElectricKaibutsu 👍

Don't feel like you're hijacking/derailing this thread. This thread is essentially just the SCP thread of [REDACTED] lol.
Thanks! ArgyleReptile gave me some good advice which I have incorporated so I'm feeling more confident about it now.

Here's the rough draft:

Some of the identifiers are place holders such as it being SCP-XXXX and the D class people's IDs are just random numbers.

Oct 26, 2017

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I've been occasionally reading SCP reports since i've played Control, so this comes in handy!

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Just found a new tale added in my personal favourite SCP series, the 'antimemetics division'. It's got so many cool concepts and I can't recommend it enough.

The first two stories in 'There is no antimemetics division' are kind of day-in-the-life stuff, introducing some of the key concepts and then it really takes off from there.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
I just bought the two Scarfolk books, and thought that the people in this thread would appreciate them. They're based on the blog.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Just found a new tale added in my personal favourite SCP series, the 'antimemetics division'. It's got so many cool concepts and I can't recommend it enough.

The first two stories in 'There is no antimemetics division' are kind of day-in-the-life stuff, introducing some of the key concepts and then it really takes off from there.

Antimemetics has been my favorite since I read them. Such an great premise, and the cohesiveness of it even with all the separate stories works really well.

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone takes the time to read my SCP rough draft, I would greatly appreciate feedback. I don't normally write stuff so any suggestions would be very welcome.

Hey, I know I'm really late to this and I haven't read many SCPs (maybe 50 in total?), but I liked it a lot. My only pedantic editorial notes would be that in a couple of instances you had a comma followed by an 'and' or an 'or'. I'm not sure what's grammatically considered proper, but when I was growing up I was always taught at school that you did not need a comma if followed by one of those words. Did you do anything with it or just keep it to yourself in the end?

Oct 26, 2017
Hey, I know I'm really late to this and I haven't read many SCPs (maybe 50 in total?), but I liked it a lot. My only pedantic editorial notes would be that in a couple of instances you had a comma followed by an 'and' or an 'or'. I'm not sure what's grammatically considered proper, but when I was growing up I was always taught at school that you did not need a comma if followed by one of those words. Did you do anything with it or just keep it to yourself in the end?
Thanks for giving it a read! I put it up but it didn't do well. I got some good feedback though and am planning on rewriting it.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I know most people here at ERA hate Markiplier but I noticed he posted a video the other day bringing awareness to the copyright troll trying to copyright SCP and linking the resources for people to help fight back. I like that he's using his influence to help out.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say as the sites popularity has grown the amount of content has gotten a lot more stale and generic as of late. Its great to see the success after so many years of basically being a niche of a niche of web fiction but kind of feels like when the Cthulhu mythos got really popular with a lot of authors and they just focused on the superficial aspects like tentacled faced horrors and people going crazy and not exploring the really interesting and fucked up aspects or doing their own thing entirely within the already established framework. There are still some really good entries but its increasingly like finding a needle in a haystack.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
for april fools, SCP now stands for Super Cool Plants

SCP-173 - SCP Foundation

The SCP Foundation's 'top-secret' archives, declassified for your enjoyment.

Special Containment Procedures: Item SCP-173 is to be kept in a fenced-off garden at all times. When botanists must enter SCP-173's container, no fewer than 3 may enter at any time and the fence-door is to be relocked behind them. At all times, two persons must maintain direct eye contact with SCP-173 until all personnel have vacated and relocked the garden fence.

so some of the SCPs are plants now

Jojo Leir

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know, it is a bit weird reading some of the most apocaliptic SCPs after the real world just went through such a massive change in the last few months, and it took a lot less than some supernatural being or whatever. I wonder what the writers are thinking right now, and how - and if - that will change the narrative meta going forward.

Just some random thoughts.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not part of Scp but theres a story about a world ending scenario written by the perspective of an infected person, it was called something like "Instructions to plant a seed" and the narrative later switched to the Survivor side. Anybody knows what i'm talking about?