Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry you won't be able to return, KingSnake. Prussia just became Emperor too. It was a long, fruitful alliance, but I fear it has probably come to an end.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
No big deal! You should tag KingSnake though, he can still come back if he wants since we didn't play today.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
If people aren't too warm, game time will be in an hour. I'll have the server up in 40 minutes, at 20:10 BST. I'll add the details below, as well as in the Discord server. I'm also going to start the game when we have around 5 people in, and everyone else can hot join. Hopefully this should work smoother.

Geido Titik KingSnake Jegriva Lausebub Wanace Messy

If you've not already, please download the save file and place it in your save game folder (Users\Your Windows User Name\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\save games) It means you won't have to sit around waiting for the file to be transferred at the start, which speeds things up a lot. Hopefully at least :)

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hidden content

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Sorry, I will not join. I don't have anything to fight for practically. Plus I'm watching CL.

No problem.

Robert-Lewandowski-Bayern-A_571_855.jpg

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
I forgot my screenshots today but I took the necessary land to form Prussia if Prussia ceases existing, crippled Muscovy and the Danes, and now am in an unfortunate coalition war defending Bavaria at the worst possible moment.

Kurland also became an Empire today and is finally making dosh after integrating Riga and taking that Prussian land.

Until next time!

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hidden content

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I spent all evening trying to import DV tapes into iMovie 10, which seems completely broken, and Apple doesn't care because it's not video made in 4k60 HEVC with an iPad Pro.

That's why professionals are going back to Windows, Apple.

Bavarian Booklet Part 14 | 1635 - 1648
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
In which Duke Wilhelm von Wittelsbach ascends to the throne and starts a damnable war or two.

I started off today's session waiting for our dear Duke's regency to end, so my wonderful 5/4/6 could get to work and I could start conquering things again. And with the Education for the Duke event firing shortly after he ascended to the throne, pushing him up to a 5/6/6, I was pretty chuffed with my godly Duke. Surely Wilhelm would be the one to finally unite the German people into one nation state.

While waiting, I polished off the Influence idea group, and got to work annexing two of my vassals, Oldenburg and Baden. I ended up being called into a war against Muscovy and the Danes by Kurland, and while my Austrian forces marched off, I couldn't do a whole lot as my own path to Jutland was blocked by other members of the HRE not wanting to give me or the Danes access for some reason.

Anyway, the first major truce expiring after my Duke finally got on the throne was with the Ottomans, so naturally we struck there, quickly seizing a load more land in the Balkans for Austria. The Ottomans are so done, they barely even put up a fight. I ended up giving the Austrians ten provinces, and probably could have done more had my forces not had to rush back to Germany proper.

And why's that? Well the French had decided to attack Holland, which caused them to drop out of the coalition against me. This opened up the possibility of weakening the coalition somewhat, as the French were also attacking Gelre, who were allied to three rather large members of said coalition, including Prussia. Not that I was scared of the coalition, but it's just a lot easier to beat a few smaller coalitions (and annex stuff!) than one large one. So I redeployed my troops and declared war against Holland, drawing Bremen into the war as a co-belligerent, who I could annex in one fell swoop. I then decided to declare war on Gelre, knowing that pulling three coalition members out and separately peacing them would be a good, logical and perfectly valid move.

Unfortunately, between my diplomats setting off to declare war on Gelre and them actually arriving the French vassalised them. So they triggered a war with France. And seeing the French interest in the Low Countries, solidified by the annexing of most of Holland, well.. I felt the sudden calling of a greater power, of German Unity, and decided it was time to do it. Time to Kill the Frenchman.

Aided somewhat by Persia joining in, as I was suddenly at war with France, the Kingdom of God and Andalusia, we more than held our own against the French, and are currently technically winning the war. A peace offer was made, Gelre and the state of Holland (Holland, Den Haag and Zeeland) to be transferred to Ger... Bavaria, but this was refused. Perhaps if we give up our rather useless vassal Brabant it could be more enticing? Peace in our time is a possibility!

Of course, during this war, the coalition of other independent HRE states decided to declare war on me as well, thinking me weak. Utter treachery. They'll be dealt with.

Provinces Gained for Austria: Gumulcine, Nisch, Kotor, Zeta, Sarajevo, Podrinje, Kolubara, Semendria, Branicevo, Nisch
Provinces Gained for Bavaria: Breda, Herzogenbusch, Bremen
Vassals Annexed: Oldenburg and Baden

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
The Empire of Madyas finally subjugated the remaining remnant of the former Ming EmpireW. We now have a foothold on Chinese territory. Mainland Asia beacons but the wily Scots and Portuguese saw it fit to soil our virgin rainforests and turquoise water with thier pressence....

These pale men with pale complexion told us of stories of turmoil on thier homeland to the far west. Of mighty empires waging near all out total war with each other.

Perhaps Ming wasn't the only heavenly empire they arrogantly presented themselves to be... No matter. We shall take the mandate of heaven for the heavens have obviously blessed us these last hundred years. There are more islands to settle and more markets to buy our spices, porcelain and tea.

And finally, the island of Formosa was annexed, reclaiming most of our ancestors' ancient oceanic domains.

Last edited:

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
No screenshots today, totally forgot to take them.

So we spent the first part of the session annexing our rightful clay in the low countries. Which are, contrary to the propaganda those drunk lederhosen-wearing bastards in Bavaria are saying, most definitely not German. As an IRL Dutchie, I'm offended to my core. But after some diplomatic shenanigans, we accidentally entered a war against the lesser blue blob. AI Pope heeded the call, Andalusia did not as they were in a disaster. We called in Andalusia later, but they signed a peace as they were still in the disaster. So be it, we'll do it on our own. The armies were everywhere so it took a bit of consolidating and building new troops. We won one major engagement and lost two by a hair. Especially epic was the defense of Paris. Where a major clash was decided in favor of the French. We took back all the low lands and just need to take the wargoal back.

The English channel belongs to France, and we will die fighting to keep it. A peacedeal involving the surrendering of Holland, Zeeland and Den Haag will never be signed until the last Frenchmen is dead. Luckily for us, quantity France has a heck of a lot of Frenchmen. With our economy, manpower reserves and an ace in the hole, we can outlast Bavaria in this war. Who'll go bankrupt first I wonder? We haven't even started using mercs yet.

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
This last session the Andalusian Empire brought shame onto itself. The plan was to destabilize the country by attacking a nation in India and use this
a pretext to reform our Gouvernement. Since this is only my second time doing Court and Country, I got some positive unrest right before the disaster
would hit, so I had to start it all again. Also the first time I did this,I had a lot more problems with my economy and the rebels, so I overestimated
the problems I would have.

So shortly after the disaster hit, I got a call to arms from Gelre who was fighting of the Bavarian bastards not really knowing what was going on in Europe,
that call was declined. When then later our ally France call us into the war, we answered it. Still not paying that much attention to what was going on, our armies, which were spread out over the Empire to deal with rebels where slowly transferred to Iberia. Not thinking that we would get involved in a war with the other great powers our eastern borders where only sparely defended and the fortifications neglected. After reports of a Persion army reached our capital the Sultan paniced and declared a white peace with the Bavarians.

After looking at the state of things taking on Bavaria and Persia shouldn't have been a problem. So once the truce runs out the streets of Munich shall be painted red with blood of Bavarians and Persians. In the meantime we have to help our ally by other means.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
So a peacedeal involving the surrendering of Gelre is possible? Intriguing.

Do I even own Gelre? or Upper guelders? The thing I vassalised that started all this? I wouldn't really care about that tbh.

But seeing as our ace in the hole Andalusia is gearing up to join the fray... I do like the idea of blood flowing through the streets of Munich.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Do I even own Gelre? or Upper guelders? The thing I vassalised that started all this? I wouldn't really care about that tbh.

But seeing as our ace in the hole Andalusia is gearing up to join the fray... I do like the idea of blood flowing through the streets of Munich.

They'll join in five years. If you feel you can hold out till then (or take back Gelre before I max out the ticking warscore and force a peace deal up to my current warscore), then go for it. If you'd rather have peace now in exchange for a province you don't care about, we can go for that too.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
There are 3 rules I live my EU4 life on:
  1. Dont trust the Germans
  2. Dont trust the Brits
  3. Dont trust Uzzy
And somehow all apply at once in here...
Just saying, Napoleon the 3rd fucked up letting Prussia grow...

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
That would be long after I max out the ticking warscore and force a peace deal up to the current warscore. So what's it gonna be? Gelre now or Gelre and the Low Countries later Geido?

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
Haha some hardcore diplomatic posturing going on here!

I think I'll be okay with Upper Guelders now. I still don't think I own Gelre.

Remember the rules about players' war.

Riiight, did you send me an illegal peace offer last time Uzzy? Or did my total dev deflate the cost of those provinces?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Haha some hardcore diplomatic posturing going on here!

I think I'll be okay with Upper Guelders now. I still don't think I own Gelre.

Gelre is the county, Upper Guelders is the province iirc. If you're happy to hand that over, you can send me the peace deal first thing Sunday and we end our war.

Last edited:

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
I'm only in the coalition war, not involved in that French adventure unfortunately. :(

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Too bad you can't do the real life shenanigans of countries switching sides halfway through a conflict

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
If people aren't too warm, game time will be in an hour. I'll have the server up in 40 minutes, at 19:40 BST. I'll add the details below, as well as in the Discord server. I'm also going to start the game when we have around 5 people in, and everyone else can hot join. Hopefully this should work smoother.

Geido Titik Jegriva Lausebub Wanace Messy

If you've not already, please download the save file and place it in your save game folder (Users\Your Windows User Name\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\save games) It means you won't have to sit around waiting for the file to be transferred at the start, which speeds things up a lot. Hopefully at least :)

Hidden content

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hidden content

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hidden content

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
CNgEpVt.jpg

Kurland started the session at war and very nearly ended in one too. In the beginning was war for the defense of Bavaria, which we didn't have to support for too long, thankfully, as Bavarian troops came swarming home after peace with France.

As the years began to pass, Kurland started to see lots of things that they didn't like.

Persia, who for some reason rivaled us, though they weren't even on our radar, was allied to Germany, which formed after the coalition war. Persia used some sneaky means to get to war with our ally Georgia without involving us while we sieged out the Ottomans. During this war, we noticed how large Syria was and how far the Persian tendrils were sneaking north. We peaced out with the Ottomans and released a large Trebizond to block their aggressive march north. Then, they allied the Great Horde, who was also marching westward. So we went to war with Ryazan, the Horde's tributary, in order to bring the Horde in without Persia. We destroyed them and released Circassia to block off any further expansion while we increased our relationship with Transoxiana, the only people willing to ally us.

Then, when we concluded our war we allied them to discover that they were in a defensive war against Persia, who had called us their sworn enemies. So we accepted to test them out and see what they were made of. As they were distracted we made progress and had almost sieged down a fortress which would have granted us further access to their lands when we were surprised by a large army which beat ours. We were forced to retreat.

And in the midst of this war, who should share knowledge with our war enemies? The Germans.

Kurland didn't like that one bit, confirming the one-sidedness of our German relationship. There may be a chance to salvage it if we get some assurances next round, otherwise the 81(!) favors we have accumulated helping the Germans may have to go by the wayside.

German Great Work Part 15 | 1648 - 1662
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
In which Duke Wilhelm IV takes what he deserves, the Imperial Crown, and proclaims the Kaiserreich

kXlUUp8MqgRvIGiwzjlybpwW79lDRh0Ha9a_dvCXQ14.jpg

We started today's session with our diplomats successfully agreeing a peace deal with the French, seeing them hand over Upper Guelders. It only cost 1.2m lives to decide that one war. Lives well spent really.

With that war finished, our attention could turn to the HRE minors who had coalitioned against us, who were likely realising that they had made a massive mistake. Their armies were quickly routed, and fortresses taken one by one, and before long another peace deal was signed, this time one that would change the face of Europe, if not the World.

6f39eed545ef73446babe8c9a00dcc9c.gif

Bavarian Diplomats telling the traitors how the peace deal will go down, colourised.

We took certain strategic provinces, large cities all around the HRE, including Berlin, Braunschweig, Goslar, Hamburg, Niederlausitz, Stade and Strasbourg. Which each of these major centres of German thought brought into our nation, it had become clear to all the Germans residing within the HRE that there was only one leader they should swear allegiance too, only one chosen by God, only one destined to lead the united German Nation to greater glory. We picked up the Imperial Crown that had been fostered upon us, taking up the mantle, forged though Blood and Iron.

zT3TTPp.png

hW0jjnV.png

aAgddcK.png

17th September, 1653, a very early Reich.

With our ambitions sated for now, we revisited the Bank of Osmanoglu, taking advantage of the complete collapse of Ottoman strength to loot some more gold. Unfortunately, it would appear that this allowed the Papacy the opportunity to move into the Balkans and Greece, although it would also appear that this lead to an outbreak of Greek nationalist thought. That could be taken advantage of in future, perhaps. We also took care of the remaining two Balkan independent minors, vassalising Albania and Bulgaria.

More moves were made diplomatically too, with alliances made with Persia, Scotland and the Polish rump state. Poland is an elector of what's left of the HRE, although that probably won't be lasting much longer. We also completed annexing Cologne, and started to integrate Austria, ensuring one big Germany.

Provinces Gained: Upper Guelders, Berlin, Braunschweig, Goslar, Hamburg, Niederlausitz, Stade and Strasbourg.
Vassals Gained: Albania and Bulgaria.
Vassals Annexed: Cologne.
Coalitions Defeated: 6

Munich to Bavaria to Germany, it's a hell of a rise.

Geido

Oct 30, 2017
BTW, I won't be able to make tonight or Sunday (away on business and a short holiday this weekend).

Sucks though, I think we will be seeing some shakeups with the revolution and all.

So I wish everyone a lot of luck with blobby AI France.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, I won't be able to make tonight or Sunday (away on business and a short holiday this weekend).

Sucks though, I think we will be seeing some shakeups with the revolution and all.

So I wish everyone a lot of luck with blobby AI France.
I see Uzzy gets to enjoy a war (or 2) against Napoleon III.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Player nations are open to attack once they miss three straight sessions, you can attack during that third session. If the AI attacks another player in his absence, they can demand up to 50% war score, but no more. If an AI playing for a human nation joins a war against a human player as a third party, up to 25% war score may be demanded from that country.