• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
So were having a countdown for the announcement of a release date for this to be put up on Netflix.

*sigh*

Though if they're building this up like this, I hope they'll announce it as being available "RIGHT NOW!"

I want to see this, and hear Netflix's new dub. But Netflix, just tell me when it's going to be online. I don't really need or want this kind of hype.

rottenpie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Release it now, Netflix!

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I'm hoping that Netflix features the English dub for Evangelion; whether it will be the old or the new. Because if Netflix does not feature a dubbed version, then I'd be disappointed but I'm still gonna watch Evangelion on Netflix. No matter what you listen, you gotta understand the story and the characters.

The sub is going to be objectively better in this case irregardless of what they do for the English version.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what this means for the fourth Rebuild movie...does Funi still get it and dub it with their crew? Or does this streaming deal + Khara's frustration with Funi's work on 3.0 make it more likely Netflix gets 3.0+1.0?

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Dopeeeeeee.

Nothing against subs, but I love a good dub. The original dub is still pretty good, but has a super late 90s/early 2000s dub vibe to it.

I'm excited to see what they do new with it.

The original english dub is absolute trash, there's nothing good about it, so it's definitely good news.

I wonder what this means for the fourth Rebuild movie...does Funi still get it and dub it with their crew? Or does this streaming deal + Khara's frustration with Funi's work on 3.0 make it more likely Netflix gets 3.0+1.0?

Hideaki Anno wants his movies to be showed in theaters.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok guys please stop quoting hydrus Jesus fuck

Anyway here's hoping for the drop tonight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
It's never been avalible in America on any streaming service, the DVD has been out of print for a decade and costs hundreds of dollars used

Huh? I just looked at ebay and you can get the complete series for under $100 and that's even looking at what actual auctions ended at.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shadowdrop pls pls pls

I want to re-experience the fuckery all over again.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this show good if you don't like anime tropes? On a 1-10 scale, how anime is it?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Is this show good if you don't like anime tropes? On a 1-10 scale, how anime is it?
First few episodes are kind of like it (though granted this is mid-90s, so tropes here are nowhere near the level of modern anime). I'm not sure of the number but I think around episode 10 is when it starts to dip into weird head trip stuff.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It starts out at like 5 but after the midpoint especially taking into account The End of Evangelion movie, the scale starts to break from bouncing between 1 and 10 rapidly and then blows up.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH

Evangelion is interesting because, at it's core, it basically functions as a deconstruction of the "youth gets cool giant robot from scientist dad" trope from old Super Robot series-- think of a more intense Amuro Ray and his father's relationship from the original Gundam. It also created a lot of tropes that lesser anime borrow from-- specifically the tsundere in Asuka and the Kuudere in Rei.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I sold my platinum edition last year for good money because I waited for the HD version. This is fine too :)

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man today I'm going to play Smash with a friend and if this shadowdrop tonight I think we are going to watch it instead lol