Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
You just described Fallout 3 and New Vegas for me. So damn boring.

Pretty much every area in those games served a purpose, be it a quest, npc hub, or some part of storyline. Fallout 76 is literally huge and full of entire towns of nothing at all. No story, no quests, no special items to find, no unique enemies. It's just tons of window dressing.

Screw that noise. I was really invested in helping out Miss Annie and finding out what happened to the kid that went missing. Finding out what had actually transpired was captivating and I was really happy to solve the mystery. It didn't matter to me that the quest giver was a Miss Nanny robot or that I was "just" hunting for audio logs and notes.

Would have been more interesting if there was something to it, like making a player work for it. Instead of a extremely long chain of go here, then here, then here, now go back, then go. What makes it worse in this game is that every single clue is essentially pointed out to you by waypoint, there is no investigating to actually do,no thinking. You just follow the quest marker to exactly what you need to do each time. You dont solve anything, you don't fight a thing, you don't make a single choice, it's completely point a to be to c and what is wrong with the quest design of this game

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Would have been more interesting if there was something to it, like making a player work for it. Instead of a extremely long chain of go here, then here, then here, now go back, then go. What makes it worse in this game is that every single clue is essentially pointed out to you by waypoint, there is no investigating to actually do,no thinking. You just follow the quest marker to exactly what you need to do each time. You dont solve anything, you don't fight a thing, you don't make a single choice, it's completely point a to be to c and what is wrong with the quest design of this game
Again, screw that noise. It felt good when I learned what happened and was able to tell Miss Annie. I don't need questlines to be mega brain teasers to be engaging. The story as I learned it with each step was more than enough for me.

jesu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
UK
So annoying how much cool shit is in the game, only to end up being completely pointless. Something cool must be here or happen? Event, quests, story? No, it's just a bunch of empty buildings.... oh wait that building is huge and important, must be something neat in there. Nope, nothing. Just decor

I must be lucky, every large building I go into either has a quest or a story to tell.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
So annoying how much cool shit is in the game, only to end up being completely pointless. Something cool must be here or happen? Event, quests, story? No, it's just a bunch of empty buildings.... oh wait that building is huge and important, must be something neat in there. Nope, nothing. Just decor

Holy crap no, that has been one of the worst quest lines in the game so far. Just a ton of fetch quests all over the game world map with nothing more involved than going to pick up an item or use a terminal at so many different locations. They didn't even try to give you anything to do outside of a long chain of touching things

I personally loved Cold Case. That's actually the kind of thing I love about what Bethesda does with Fallout. I don't care about rewards so much as some enticing thing to keep me going, and learning little bits of story as enticement works the best for me. I love when they do a whole storyline but you have to keep exploring to find the whole story.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I double dipped and bought 76 on PC for $35. It's running much better on my laptop now than it did during the beta. I'm below minimum specs and the beta patch + recent patch + a few .ini tweaks has helped my performance a lot. Might actually stick to PC now.

Delryk

Oct 25, 2017

Untrack the mission and you won't get the waypoint and problem fixed.

Every building has a quest I find. Heck, i'm doing 1 quest, and I gain 2-3more on the way.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Can you make fusion cores? How? I haven't been using my power armor because I don't want to waste the cores on just exploring. But if I could make them...

Use your fusion cores. They replenish when you log out in your suit and you can just server hop a power armor spawn location (like at Mama Dolce) for more cores if needed.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I personally loved Cold Case. That's actually the kind of thing I love about what Bethesda does with Fallout. I don't care about rewards so much as some enticing thing to keep me going, and learning little bits of story as enticement works the best for me. I love when they do a whole storyline but you have to keep exploring to find the whole story.

I love exploration and the story was nice, its just the complete lack of quest design which is the problem. I would have liked to actually feel like im investigating, actually exploring, not simply going from waypoint marker 1 to marker 2, and so on.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Okay, so here are the mats you should tag and hoard in your stash. Most will be used to craft, upgrade, and repair weapons, armor, and power armor:

-Aluminum
-Ballistic Fiber
-Black Titanium
-Adhesive
-Gears
-Glass
-Screws
-Springs
-Plastic
-Cloth
-Leather
-Rubber
-Steel
-Oil
-Wood

I got rid of any other junk I had and now my stash is at 160 where before it was always nearing 400.

Another cool tip is you can store power armor pieces on a frame then store in your stash. It will only count as 10 weight instead of the weight of each piece separately.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Okay, so here are the mats you should tag and hoard in your stash. Most will be used to craft, upgrade, and repair weapons, armor, and power armor:

-Aluminum
-Ballistic Fiber
-Black Titanium
-Adhesive
-Gears
-Glass
-Screws
-Springs
-Plastic
-Cloth
-Leather
-Rubber
-Steel
-Oil
-Wood

I got rid of any other junk I had and now my stash is at 160 where before it was always nearing 400.

Another cool tip is you can store power armor pieces on a frame then store in your stash. It will only count as 10 weight instead of the weight of each piece separately.

Wood is like super easy to find, I wouldn't bother tagging it. All you have to do is find the many wood logs lieing around the forest floor (and other places) and gather it from there. Also, a few times there will be firewood piles you can also gather wood from there. Basically what I do is I am using up the large stash of wood I have and if I get down to maybe 100 (and I play on the cautious side so most peopel could get away with much lower than that) I'll start gathering wood everytime I come across a log (which is constantly) until I have too much again, repeat.

(though I suppose I don't fast travel much so maybe if you fast travel everywhere you might consider either tagging wood or just walking around some when you need it).

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely, the only thing gamers love more than a dogpile is a redemption arc.
Looking forward to Fallout 76: A Wasteland Reborn.

Curious to see how Bethesda will actually handle and react to this if its as bad as it seems. They've never had a failure like this before.

I'd like to think they'll "fix" it but I could just as easily seeing them leaving it to starve and die.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington

Curious to see how Bethesda will actually handle and react to this if its as bad as it seems. They've never had a failure like this before.

I'd like to think they'll "fix" it but I could just as easily seeing them leaving it to starve and die.

Honestly, I'm enjoying the game but I think if it doesn't garner enough players and microtransaction sales they'lll go the leave it to starve and die route. Just the gut feeling I have. Which is why I'm kinda hoping it is successful enough to be feasible to support but not too successful where it will encourage them they gotta put online features in every one of their SP games. I like the game but I really would hate to see them go the route of focus on MP more (even if they did like rockstar and still did a good SP campaign... dollars to donuts we barely see any RDR2 single player support) so I never wanted this game to do extremely well.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Turrets feel so pointless when any random player can walk into your base and steal from your resource generators. Does anyone have trouble with AI NPC destroying their bases while gone? Cause it doesn't seem like my base ever is damaged or threatened. Turrets seem to be a huge budget waster.

Also what is the point of defense points? Unlike FO4 there is no settlement management so how does putting down defenses that give you defense point mean anything? It feels like they got stuff in the game that was meant to have another purpose or they still haven't figured it out yet.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Bethesda put in the effort to improve TES Online. There's no reason to think that they'll just abandon Fallout 76 out of the gate.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I just did the "Top of the World". Other than not having a 1 to 1 conversation with the NPC and having a dialogue tree with decisions and info bits this quest was just as good a many in the other Fallout games.

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Turrets feel so pointless when any random player can walk into your base and steal from your resource generators. Does anyone have trouble with AI NPC destroying their bases while gone? Cause it doesn't seem like my base ever is damaged or threatened. Turrets seem to be a huge budget waster.

Also what is the point of defense points? Unlike FO4 there is no settlement management so how does putting down defenses that give you defense point mean anything? It feels like they got stuff in the game that was meant to have another purpose or they still haven't figured it out yet.
You can lock resource gens, problem is people straight up destroy them if you lock them to be dicks and turrets don't attack other players for it.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
In a game so starved of inventory space, Bethesda has made the +50 carry weight mod for the X-01 Power Armor super rare. Good job.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017

-Aluminum
-Ballistic Fiber
-Black Titanium
-Adhesive
-Gears
-Glass
-Screws
-Springs
-Plastic
-Cloth
-Leather
-Rubber
-Steel
-Oil
-Wood

Can you tag things without Waiting to not have it? If so, how?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Here I am, closing in on Level 18, still power armor-less.

I'll fight the Scorchbeast Queen in my goddamn underwear. I don't care. Bring it!

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Can you tag things without Waiting to not have it? If so, how?

I don't believe so. Just make sure to loot everything then when you have a bunch of junk tag as much as possible before selling/storing.

I'll fight the Scorchbeast Queen in my goddamn underwear. I don't care. Bring it!

Just like Fallout 4 I don't really like how Power Armor is so prevalent in this game. I still feel like it should have been super rare.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe so. Just make sure to loot everything then when you have a bunch of junk tag as much as possible before selling/storing.

Just like Fallout 4 I don't really like how Power Armor is so prevalent in this game. I still feel like it should have been super rare.

Yeah they are pretty easy to acquire but i think the earliest equippable set it 15 and you are constrained by the need for power cores

I imagine you build up to using it constantly for end game content though

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Turrets feel so pointless when any random player can walk into your base and steal from your resource generators
Place your resource generators inside of their own little house. Build a lock to put on the door so only you can access it. Other players can't steal your resources without picking the lock or blowing down the walls/doors. This gets your turrets ready to go to work and places a bounty on them.

Done.

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is looking for someone to dick around the wasteland with or do questing PM me a message. Enjoying the game solo but it'd be nice to have some folks to wander the wasteland with lol

Edit: PC is my platform

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
This game came with my XBX but heard it was terrible. However, as someone who enjoys the world, atmosphere, roaming, and looter/shooter elements of Fallout games and Beth RPGs, would I enjoy it at all as a SP experience?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The Order of Mysteries might actually be one of the best questlines BGS has ever made.

Reading the final logs and getting to see the ending had me like

giphy.gif

It's seriously a diamond in the ocean of garbage critical reception this game is being drowned by.

I don't know how anyone could claim this game is a copy paste job at this point. The environmental storytelling, even if blunt and exercised with straightforward means such as holotapes/terminal entrees, is overflowing in this game. If you're just following the diamond quest marker on your screen you're seriously depriving yourself of some of Bethesda's most narratively rewarding exploration and world-design.

The Motherlode, Vault-Tec University, Garrahan's Mansion, the Welch Workers' Strike, SIGINT Headquarter's... every single place not only has an interesting backstory with compelling character stories behind them, but are often interconnected in ways you wouldn't expect by putting the pieces together.

It's seriously great. I had thrown this game under the bus after the first hour and a half but co-op with some coworkers kept me stuck in, until we had chanced across a vault which took us all the way to Morgantown to investigate and it demonstrated some of the environmental storytelling that the game had to offer. After that, I've been hunting down anything of interest simply at a whim and have more often than not gotten a great story out of it on top of whatever albeit rote gameplay loop is included.

Can't say enough how much I loved the Order of Mysteries, though. Fantastic story.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35777

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 9, 2017
The Order of Mysteries might actually be one of the best questlines BGS has ever made.

giphy.gif

It's seriously a diamond in the ocean of garbage critical reception this game is being drowned by.

I don't know how anyone could claim this game is a copy paste job at this point. The environmental storytelling, even if blunt and exercised with straightforward means such as holotapes/terminal entrees, is overflowing in this game. If you're just following the diamond quest marker on your screen you're seriously depriving yourself of some of Bethesda's most narratively rewarding exploration and world-design.
There are actually a lot of really cool storylines in the game, like grim-dark shit that when people say "this isn't fallout" I laugh because the stories that are in the game are some of the best in fallout (including 1 and 2).

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

By far my favorite questline in the game so far. The ending was so sad but,
I feel the daughter had it coming to her when she was shot by Brody at the end. She was seriously naive to think that the raiders would let her join her after finding out she was a part of the group that was killing them from the shadows

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
There are actually a lot of really cool storylines in the game, like grim-dark shit that when people say "this isn't fallout" I laugh because the stories that are in the game are some of the best in fallout (including 1 and 2).
The Vault-Tec University and the "food-paste experiment vault" was pretty appalling. Seeing
the corpses lining the walls outside the overseer's (who was just a student) office and finding his skeleton with rat poison in his hand
really hit hard once you realized how he'd been manipulated.

EDIT: And that entire side-story is 100% inferred from exploring. It's not tied to a quest marker or anything so far as I could tell.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Great advice! I have power armor now! Well, a frame, anyway. The equipped pieces that it came with were over double my current level.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
So just discovered what lookouts are good for lol. Been to a few and never surveyed the area to unlock stuff on the mso.

Built my first combat rifle so hopefully it'll be a good weapon for me. Got lots of ammo to burn, now only if I could build a decent hunting rifle.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Finally found a vendor with the plan for the 44 revolver and I don't have the caps to buy it.

At this point though I really need the western revolver plan.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I spent most of the day playing this after finally caving and getting it to play with my friend. I have to say it's not great. The performance is awful, the animations are terrible, the graphics are dated and it's full of bugs. For example, I needed to kill a quest mob, the problem is he's always dead so you have to keep logging on and off hoping to find a server where he's alive, after an hour I gave up. It just feels so poorly made overall, and the engine is just done at this point, they need to take it out back and put a bullet in its head. I'm now reconsiderimg our friendship.

irradiance

Oct 30, 2017
Tempted on this game. Loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Fallout 4 was fine but a disappointment overall. I can live with poor performance and shoddy graphics. The multiplayer stuff doesn't interest me and I'll probably rather avoid it.

But does this game play and feel like Fallout (3, NV, 4)? The "lack of NPCs" concerns me.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Tempted on this game. Loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Fallout 4 was fine but a disappointment overall. I can live with poor performance and shoddy graphics. The multiplayer stuff doesn't interest me and I'll probably rather avoid it.

But does this game play and feel like Fallout (3, NV, 4)? The "lack of NPCs" concerns me.

It feels completely empty and soulless compared to Fallout 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.