Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Katarn343

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
I have the "play 76 hours" challenge and I still haven't encountered neither the Flatwoods Monster nor the Mothman, like, at all. Am I doing something wrong? I know there's a quest called "Queen of the Hunt" or something like that that has you chasing cryptids, but for some reason it disappeared from my log, lol.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I have the "play 76 hours" challenge and I still haven't encountered neither the Flatwoods Monster nor the Mothman, like, at all. Am I doing something wrong? I know there's a quest called "Queen of the Hunt" or something like that that has you chasing cryptids, but for some reason it disappeared from my log, lol.
I briefly saw the Mothman in the wild once, and there's an event related to him that can happen at the lighthouse north of Flatwoods, but I haven't seen anything even related to the Flatwoods Monster.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen...something, very briefly. It was at night in the woods north of Flatwoods, I think, and there was a weird glowing purple light on the ground. But when I went to investigate it, it vanished.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen one dead Flatwoods monster and one live one, but the live one teleported away before I could get a closer look.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Picked this up on sale and...I don't hate it? Had one crash, but I played up to level 5 so far. Playing on the X and it can look really nice at times.

Popetita

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Why is there is a 200 cap limit on selling? This sucks. I know there are like 6 shops but even then.

Another issue I have seen is mobs going wild. I've been at different spots where there seems to be an endless stream of mobs respawning at certain time for no reason.

I like the game a lot but there seems to be a lot of limitations for no reason.

Also why there isn't more voice acted or POV conversation I just don't know. I get that they can't allow you to make decisions that affect the world a la megaton, but come on there is enough room for better presentation. This game does not have a problem of story, I've seen a good amount. It has a big big problem in the presentation of it. It is as if Bethesda got it into their minds that this was another type of game and for some reason left a lot out that could be in here.

I hope they add it and add a lot more. I would also love some private server with cheating allowed but that will never happen.

I love exploration and the story was nice, its just the complete lack of quest design which is the problem. I would have liked to actually feel like im investigating, actually exploring, not simply going from waypoint marker 1 to marker 2, and so on.

Like I pointed above I think it is an issue of presentation.

I don't think the quest design is all that bad but classic Bethesda presentation was left out.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Picked this up on sale and...I don't hate it? Had one crash, but I played up to level 5 so far. Playing on the X and it can look really nice at times.

It can be a looker sometimes, but like other Bethesda games it's very inconsistent where some areas look great while others look terrible.

I think the game shines the most graphically when the volumetric lighting is just right and you're walking through some dense foliage outside mixed with the autumn look. Some inside areas have some great lighting and atmosphere, as well. I play on PC but I'm sure it would look great on an X playing at 4K with HDR enabled. Now framerate is another issue...

The game sorta fall apart in the distance. Shadows creep in only when you are pretty close and the LOD is downright atrocious for the most part.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Why is there is a 200 cap limit on selling? This sucks. I know there are like 6 shops but even then.

The 200 caps limit is based on the faction the vendor bot represents. The factions are Responders, raiders, Brotherhood, Free States, one I won't spoil, and the bots of the Whitesprings golf resort. There might be others I'm unsure of.

If you deplete all the caps on a Responder bot you can travel to a raider bot who will have 200 more and so on.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, my PS4 Pro just crashed so hard (Morgantown Airport interior) that it displayed a checkerboard pattern. I have pics too. Has anyone else seen this? My PS4 is fine but I was a bit scared when it first happened! I almost thought it got bricked.

Popetita

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
The 200 caps limit is based on the faction the vendor bot represents. The factions are Responders, raiders, Brotherhood, Free States, one I won't spoil, and the bots of the Whitesprings golf resort. There might be others I'm unsure of.

If you deplete all the caps on a Responder bot you can travel to a raider bot who will have 200 more and so on.
Yeah I know but it is still very inconvenient at this point.

I can only easily get to 2 factions right now and even then I am spending a decent amount of caps for fast travel. I cannot get to the one in Whiteside because at level 30 the mobs go crazy in there. Everytime I try to go in there like 30 ghouls rush me.

I need to find the rest and it will be a bit better, but I still don't like that cap. It seems like one of those artificial caps because there is not enough content. Weird because nothing else feels this limited...well maybe the stash space. I think it is just an issue that is made worse by the stash space.

gpn

Oct 27, 2017
First of all I want to say THANK YOU to whoever it was who posted the pocketed armor glitch. It's so nice carrying as much as I want and being unencumbered. I'm sure this will be fixed soon, so I'm trying to enjoy the freedom while I can.

Finally got a sneak card and can put silencers on my weapons. Along with no encumbrance, today was a good day. Until I ran into the level 42 glowing Wendigo (I'm at level 25). Finally managed to take that bugger out by periodically sniping long distance shots for 30 mins.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just fought one of those yesterday. Go South to the ash mountain area. Thats where I found mine. (South East on my way to the excavator armor quest). Don't worry about finding them, they will find you.

It looks like a giant, black venomoth. They also can use fly. They move so fast that they appear to teleport. Once you get their pattern down, you can take cover and avoid their Sonic blasts thingy

If you are weak and don't do much damage to it, you can shoot their wings after they land to slow them down. You can also cripple their face to stop them from having a ranged attack. Good luck.

Edit: also it shoule be noted that there are two versions. One with purple eyes and another with red eyes. The red eyes one I think only comes at night and tries to kill you.

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Starting to encounter the big boys as I travel a lil farther up on the map I guess. A diseased Deathclaw appeared but was getting attacked by 3 Yao Guai. I then saw a Mirelurkb Queen coming across the water and I noped the fuck out of there lol.

The combat rifle I crafted is great, making some fights a lil easier.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm a dolt. I bought a plan for a Welcome Mat after I had apparently already gotten and used one without thinking about it. But I don't know where in the crafting menu it is (at least, I think I don't? It doesn't look like it's under the floor decorations with the other mats.) How do I build it?

Oct 26, 2017
This game is fun to roam around in, but I feel it doesn't have much substance to bring a lone player back besides exploration. Fun game to mess around in, but it's like Fallout without everything that makes it a Fallout game.

Popetita

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
This game is fun to roam around in, but I feel it doesn't have much substance to bring a lone player back besides exploration. Fun game to mess around in, but it's like Fallout without everything that makes it a Fallout game.
I think everything other that story choices and companions is there.

The presentation might be bad( no actual dialogues/conversations with NPCs) but there is story as with all the other games. I have avoided the Daily/Event stuff that seems repetitive and played some quests that are similar to any form past games.

I am not sure why they left out the presentation on those but I bet if it was there criticism would be different.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
What am I supposed to use to harvest water from Workshops? It can't just be build purifiers right? I have that cranking at camp.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think I fucked up the main overseer quest. I picked up the 6th holotape before the 5th and it won't progress the quest and still shows the map marker for the 5th holotape even though I picked it up and listened to it.

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish they'd have left this game in the oven a while longer. The things I love most about Fallout is there. That is, the exploration and learning about the stories of places and people long gone. But I feel like I'm constantly battling the game's technical flaws. For example, I was scavenging inside a building that happened to be near a recently nuked zone. I went to exit the building but it got stuck in the loading screen, forcing me to Alt-F4. When I booted back in, the game decided it wise to place me right in the nuke area, basically killing my level 9 character instantly. I had to wait quite awhile for the area to recover before I was able to recover all the work I had put into savaging. It's little things like this that should have easily been picked up on and fixed in development. Your character should never spawn in a red zone.

I'm still able to look pass it all and continue to enjoy the things I like most about the series. But I don't think most people have my patience and willingness to look above the glaring flaws. Bethesda needs to iron these things out fast or I'm afraid this game is just going to fade away. Unfortunately they decided to release right before the holidays, which mean either they won't get taken care of in a timely manner, unless they force people away from their families for the holidays.

Last edited:

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
One thing I'll say about this game and it's been true of Bethesda Fallout for a while is that I really love the sound design / music. It has some of the best sounding guns, explosions, etc. But also the various sound effects, the 'crit ready' VATS sound, the tone that plays when a Nuke is about to launch, I love it.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Just got another Calibrated Shocks mod for the X-01

m1m6blK.jpg

Can't wait to be over-encumbered in an hour!

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I love the way power armor works in this. They fixed nearly all of my issues with it in FO4.

The returning to the inventory mechanic is the best.

Valus

Nov 21, 2017
Well, I'm a dolt. I bought a plan for a Welcome Mat after I had apparently already gotten and used one without thinking about it. But I don't know where in the crafting menu it is (at least, I think I don't? It doesn't look like it's under the floor decorations with the other mats.) How do I build it?

It's under floor items like rugs. Look at the name in the crafting menu, cuz it looks like a little mat and it's called "mat" versus the other floor options which are called rugs.

However, I hate to break it to you but they are broken. They do not let you fast travel to wherever you put it down like it did in F4.

Nick C

Oct 25, 2017
MT
Okay, so here are the mats you should tag and hoard in your stash. Most will be used to craft, upgrade, and repair weapons, armor, and power armor:

-Aluminum
-Ballistic Fiber
-Black Titanium
-Adhesive
-Gears
-Glass
-Screws
-Springs
-Plastic
-Cloth
-Leather
-Rubber
-Steel
-Oil
-Wood

I got rid of any other junk I had and now my stash is at 160 where before it was always nearing 400.

Another cool tip is you can store power armor pieces on a frame then store in your stash. It will only count as 10 weight instead of the weight of each piece separately.
I'd cut the list down to:

-ballistic fiber
-adhesive
-screws
-springs
-leather
-oil

Chances are you'll be getting the bulk of your springs from clipboards and they break down to springs and wood. Steel is the most common scrap. It comes from ever weapon you break down. I only have leather marked because I took the Good Doggy perk, which makes dog food as effective as a diluted stimpak at my current level. It restores half of my hunger meter too.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It's under floor items like rugs. Look at the name in the crafting menu, cuz it looks like a little mat and it's called "mat" versus the other floor options which are called rugs.

However, I hate to break it to you but they are broken. They do not let you fast travel to wherever you put it down like it did in F4.
Well, poop. All right, then!

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People don't want to admit this, but Fallout 76 is a much better game the vanilla Fallout 4. Vanilla Fallout 4 deserved the treatment 76 is getting

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still liking the game, but I think I've realized my issue with it. It's actually too beholden to Bethesda- style Fallout games mechanically to be non-tedious as a game that has a majority of its mechanics based around the crafting experience. The weight limits when you start actually push you away from crafting if approached like FO3 & 4, and new players that just try to play the game aren't given any reason to not approach it that way. I really think that being more generous with the weight and stash limits up front, and actually having something really early where you're forced to build an actual 'house' with your C.A.M.P. would do wonders for the perception of the game.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just added Riders in the sky. I love when games just give me more music that I'd never go out and look for.

The Super Mutants I'm encountering have been doing some decent damage to me now. If I didn't have the perk that automatically has me using a stimpack I'd be dead a lot more.

Is there any reason to hold onto weapons and armor that are level 30,40 or 50? I'm level 24 now and just killed a level 54 scorcher, been finding and getting drops twice my level.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
So what are you guys doing for levels? I'm 7 and I've got about two in every category. It's werid since this is a survival type game and there's no dialogue trees I'm not playing in my normal fallout fashion.

What did you higher level players focus on? Does it hurt to keep them all even in the end run?

Also, do you end up being able to equip multiple cards onto a category? It would kind of suck to have to keep switching the cards in and out.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
So what are you guys doing for levels? I'm 7 and I've got about two in every category. It's werid since this is a survival type game and there's no dialogue trees I'm not playing in my normal fallout fashion.

What did you higher level players focus on? Does it hurt to keep them all even in the end run?

Also, do you end up being able to equip multiple cards onto a category? It would kind of suck to have to keep switching the cards in and out.

As a player above level 50, I can say you will need to have a play style in mind by the time you reach higher levels. At level 50 you stop getting SPECIAL points, and you can only go to 15 in one SPECIAL stat.

The easiest thing to do in my opinion is picture all the perk cards you want on at one time while generally playing the game, and level your SPECIAL around that. In order to do that you need to know what all the perk cards are, so you would have to look them up online. For crafting cards you wont have those on all the time, so don't factor that in except for the minimum to use them. I wanted to melee, so I put on the melee cards I wanted in a build planning tool as well as some explosives cards and quality of life cards. That ended up with me at like 15, 13, 5...and so on. The hard part is SPECIAL. It's a lot easier to do perk cards since you can get them past level 50. Since you can't respec until who knows when, unfortunately it pays to be careful.

You can equip as many perk cards as that stat can handle, so yes you have 15 one-star perks of you wanted. Sometimes it's more worth it to equip a weaker card that costs 1 than slightly stronger cards that would cost 9.

Nick C

Oct 25, 2017
MT

Strength: 12
Perception: 8
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 9
Agility: 8
Luck: 8
Each level of a card is worth one point. you could have 2 level 4 perks for a stat that you have 8 total allowance in or any combination as long as they don't exceed the limit. It does help to to swap cards out, but I do it mainly for crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.