• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cosmicspooks

Oct 29, 2017
Man I just started playing the second one a couple days ago. Maybe I'll hold off on that cause I see that furigana, baby! Just what I want!
Definitely will pick this goodness up!

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
I love detective-style games and visual novels. I've heard people talking about this game before but don't know much.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is surprising about this game being remade? Is it like, a long-lost game or something? Everyone is so mind-blown!

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Omg....ive been hoping for this for years...but they have to be localizing this, right?

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
I can hardly believe this is happening. Holy cow. I'll miss the artstyle of the SFC entries, but full voice is a heck of a nice tradeoff.

Get on this, NoA! This series is great, it deserves a fair shake in the West!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is publishing this, right?

Didn't they explicitly say a few years ago that they were aiming for all of the games they publish to have global simultaneous launches?

V0ltg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only played the fan translation of the SNES remake, but I liked it a lot. As someone, who loves these kind of detective adventure games (partly the reason why I'm so fond of the DS), the game was totally my jam. It's great to see that Nintendo commit to these kind of adventure games again.
Also, give Ayumi her Smash invitation, Sakurai!

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The segment was very much made to appeal to people's nostalgia for the games, so I'm not quite willing to write off a localization yet. Hoping for the best here.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Please localize this, Nintendo!

I'm just going to go with the generous assumption that this wasn't in the English Direct because localization efforts haven't begun yet and they didn't want to show Japanese text/VA.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
It would make sense for Nintendo to localize this. Visual novel-style adventures are really big titles now among hardcore gamers.

However, I find it doubtful. Localization alone probably will cost more than the game will make.

That said, there's a good chance Europe will get it, so importing it is a possibility, at least.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Please localize this, Nintendo!

I'm just going to go with the generous assumption that this wasn't in the English Direct because localization efforts haven't begun yet and they didn't want to show Japanese text/VA.
As Chalphy said, the Direct segment was really aimed at Japanese players with a lot of nostalgia for the original release. That segment wouldn't have the same impact in other territories.

Wiifitkid

Mar 12, 2018
You know given that this is being remastered, any chance ayumi gets a second chance at inclusion in smash?

EAD Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Oct 27, 2017
No way Nintendo doesn't localize this game. It's a classic beloved franchise they finally have an opportunity to bring over.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you wanting her in Smash, can you explain to those of us who don't know anything about this game, how this character could potentially play? She seems like just a normal highschool girl.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
For those of you wanting her in Smash, can you explain to those of us who don't know anything about this game, how this character could potentially play? She seems like just a normal highschool girl.

Think of how Phoenix Wright plays in UMvC3; because she's a normal girl without powers, she could have a more silly moveset like that, with a gimmick related to collecting evidence. I think it would be really neat!

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I totally missed this yesterday but this looks great and I really, really hope this gets an official translation.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
Maybe localization work is early on so that's why it wasn't announced yet cause they have nothing to show

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
I played the SNES fan-translation yeaaars ago, I'd love to be able to play this remake. That game was like on par with Ace Attorney 1.
What I'm seeing here isn't as charming as the 16 bit version but not too big a deal. Hope it gets localized!

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
You're probably better off asking NoE for a localisation than NoA based on past experiences.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
any chance a remake of this will be included as well?

satellaview.fandom.com

BS Tantei Club: Yuki ni Kieta Kako

BS Tantei Club: Yuki ni Kieta Kako (「BS探偵倶楽部 ~雪に消えた過去~」) (also known by the shorthand BS Tan「BS探」 or even B Tan 「B探」) is a Downloadable 3-part Soundlink game for the Satellaview that was broadcast in at least 2 distinct runs between February 9, 1997 and May 3, 1997. It is a pseudo-sequel to the...

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
any chance a remake of this will be included as well?

satellaview.fandom.com

BS Tantei Club: Yuki ni Kieta Kako

BS Tantei Club: Yuki ni Kieta Kako (「BS探偵倶楽部 ~雪に消えた過去~」) (also known by the shorthand BS Tan「BS探」 or even B Tan 「B探」) is a Downloadable 3-part Soundlink game for the Satellaview that was broadcast in at least 2 distinct runs between February 9, 1997 and May 3, 1997. It is a pseudo-sequel to the...

It doesn't seem like this one will be included. Since BS Tantei Club is smaller in scope than Part 1 and Part 2, I could see this being remade as DLC later down the line.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't seem like this one will be included. Since BS Tantei Club is smaller in scope than Part 1 and Part 2, I could see this being remade as DLC later down the line.
that's bummer, now that they're remaking the games after this many years i would have hoped they do the whole series.

Deleted member 35204

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
It's time.
latest
You stole my post :D

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I didn't think these would be remade at all, so I think a BS Tantei Club remake is far from hopeless at this point!
yeah i guess i'm getting greedy :)
there's also the possibility that it is getting remade as well and they just haven't mentioned it. nintendo likes to announce big stuff like that after the initial reveal.