• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like as usual the entire thread was lucky as shit.

I'm ignoring guides for what order to play quests to complete the missions so I've probably thrown efficiency far out the window by now, but I have a trillion apples and whatever I use for lottery events later this year won't be nearly enough to cut into my total if I have to use some now.

Even though I'd seen both the "BB's Counterattack" and "SERAPH" names related to the event, because I was looking back on everything long after it had happened in JP, even with how NA approached it, I never picked up on the fact that initially it was only called by the Counterattack name, including in news posts before the event, as part of an in-game fakeout regarding its true SERAPH name and nature as effectively a limited-time full story chapter (with event mechanics). The 'twist' at the end of the prologue and subsequent glitching out title card reveal actually caught me off guard, which was a pleasant surprise. (Though it did mean I didn't get a screenshot of the initial 'fake' event banner on the main menu before it changed.)

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I'm at 30 missions completed, used two silver apples so far.

Also
I don't like Suzuka at all, lol.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
TBH, she's like, annoying AF. I know she fits her trope well but she's way too bratty for my tastes.

Doesn't help that she almost made me wipe because I went in unprepared.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright.

Babylonia and Solomon finished on JP.

Just need to go through Lostbelt 1-2 and the prologue of lostbelt 3 T_T

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably gonna have to follow the guide soon.
I'm at the Lip key and i've got no missions left to get BB tickets, while needing 200 more of them.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Just hit a roadblock here as well. Need 1400 more BBbucks to buy everything I need to open the rest of story quests and I have the right active missions to get them, but it's probably going to be another 12-15 free quest runs before I can clear enough of them.

I'm sure after the event is done I'll be able to search around and find a billion videos of how to win the Lip fight cheaply, but it almost destroyed me going in blind. Barely made it out alive.

Also, don't forget the JP broadcast with details on the Case Files event will be in about 3 hours from this post time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHfKXR-KvXM

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Made it into chapter 4 after spending what felt like a couple days grinding. Aaaand now I need to grind again. I got fed up with all the grinding my guide was saying to do and decided to start ignoring it (as much as I could, anyways) and now it's looking like I might be about to pay for it since I'm not sure where everything I need to farm is. I'll need to see where farming the hair leaves me.

I broke my event-Servants+Summer-Martha-only rule for a couple Chapter Three fights. Buster crits delivered for me.

Also continuing to watch the ZVN playthrough of CCC.
How dare it not be Melt's turn after Lip! And how dare the game make me tear up a little over a comedy-relief character!

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how to feel about my JP account getting all the luck.

KkpGDtpr.jpg

Also got tomoe gozen and lancer Vlad.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Hype for the new jp servants! Will roll in 2 years.....

Anyways

Got my day 100 reward of 20 quartz.... had another 15ish from doing story mode so i decided to buy the 41 quartz pack and try and get Melt... I;ve already done 4 ten rolls and got 2xSuzuka and 5* Event CE....

Had 73 quartz so I thought I'll do 4 singles before two multis.

Melt, 5* Event CE, 5* Event CE, 3 star CE.

61 quartz in the bank for Summer rerun. (Liz being rate up on Kiara's banner makes it an easy skip)

Enough pulling, time to finish London.

Does anyone know when we'll get the next half ap on free quests?

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. Are they all demi-servants like Mash or Waver? Or are they just humans?

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They're excuses to have a human in the game as a servant, which is fine.

I like her animations, but those outfits are visually too messy for me to really be interested. It works for the moth man, but imo not her at all.

Also it seems like punch martha is really getting power crept by these new SR rulers outside of divines, someone give that girl a buff.

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this is Fate, there's never been a whole lot of consistency to laws of the universe they created lol. Just don't think too much about it and enjoy (or dislike) the fan service.

Sadly I don't think Summer units will ever get buffed. Kiyo could use one imo.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I like how one of the edits going around Reddit just gets rid of her muscles lol. Why get rid of the best part?

People are so afraid of strong women.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Had no idea she was coming. A 4 star Ruler I assume?
She's permanent too. It's the art style but her design is almost too busy. Luvia tho so god tier.

Not fair that the new 5* rider
gets Waver's terminator maid. Her class is holding her back but her kit looks really good otherwise.
Welfare is
assassin Gray? Her deck is QQQAB w/B np. Haven't seen her translated skills yet.

If the banner doesn't have any bad rate-up ce's, I think I'll be rolling in two years.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
So I am at the finale of the event, I have used some apple to keep going since I was having a lot of fun, I have taken down the final boss unnerfed with this team:
5qUOmAj.jpg
my thoughts on the fight in case anyone wants to do it unnerfed:
AOgisMK.jpg

My advice would be to use invincibilities and dodges simply to avoid damage and keep your servants at high health or getting some breath during the attack instead of waiting for a "oh shit" moment.
Also if you're close to the boss NP it's better to hold that Garden of Avalon as the boss removes all your buffs before the NP damage, it's also the reason why I'm suggesting to use dodges and invincibilities on CD unless you're close to the NP.
Nightingale has been the MVP of the group with debuff removal, a huge heal and a NP down on the bos, you can survive a NP without NP down on the boss, but then I'd suggest to have GOA/Nightingale Pledge immediatly after to help with the heal.
I would also suggest not to break the health bar when the boss is about to NP, because it will result in not being able to use Np/skills in the following turn unless you have a way to remove the debuffs on your team.
The mystic code was used to remove random stun/charm on nightingale and merlin.
The fight isn't particularly difficult and there are no significant damage spikes, it's just kinda long this way.
Medea is there because the boss will buff itself at the beginniong of the fight, so you shoulòd user her on the 4th turn to remove all its buffs, unless you wanna go 10 turn with the boss buffed and invincible.
It took me 71 turns but because I was being extra careful, can probably be done much quicker but I turtled up and took my time.

Overall I greatly enjoyed the event so far, I look forward to getting BB cleaning up the event and ofc the upcoming banner!

edit: Melt has been fantastic in the story!
edit 2: gramma typing on the phone sucks

Last edited:

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Jpn banners were
Murasaki -> King Protea -> Kama -> Luvia
RIP my SQ and it's not even close to the summer banners yet.

Hippocampus

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I can't find a clear answer. Just started playing the other day and got enough quartz for two 10 pulls. It seems like I'd want to wait and pull on the story banner once I unlock more story characters? Or maybe never pull on it? I intend to stay mostly F2P and will be pretty casual to where I don't care about chasing the meta. Should I just pull on the current limited if I'm going casual and just want more units? Don't care enough to reroll and got Caesar and Elisabeth Bathory.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I can't find a clear answer. Just started playing the other day and got enough quartz for two 10 pulls. It seems like I'd want to wait and pull on the story banner once I unlock more story characters? Or maybe never pull on it? I intend to stay mostly F2P and will be pretty casual to where I don't care about chasing the meta. Should I just pull on the current limited if I'm going casual and just want more units? Don't care enough to reroll and got Caesar and Elisabeth Bathory.
Never pull on story banner. Nothing is on rate-up in it and even story locked servants won't be available until you complete their debut singularity. Only thing its good for is for pulling rather rare craft essences.

If you like the current banner's servants, go ahead and pray and roll. 600 sq is usually touted as being enough for a 50% chance at rolling the advertised 5* servant. I'd hoard sq until there's a banner servant you definitely want, summer, or Merlin's rerun banner.

Caesar is going to be your only saber for a good long while but he actually is useful. Elisabeth is not the worst tutorial pull you could have had. I know you said that you don't want to reroll but Emiya and Carmilla are stronger starters and Heracles especially will save you a lot of hell later on.

Hippocampus

Oct 27, 2017
Never pull on story banner. Nothing is on rate-up in it and even story locked servants won't be available until you complete their debut singularity. Only thing its good for is for pulling rather rare craft essences.

If you like the current banner's servants, go ahead and pray and roll. 600 sq is usually touted as being enough for a 50% chance at rolling the advertised 5* servant. I'd hoard sq until there's a banner servant you definitely want, summer, or Merlin's rerun banner.

Caesar is going to be your only saber for a good long while but he actually is useful. Elisabeth is not the worst tutorial pull you could have had. I know you said that you don't want to reroll but Emiya and Carmilla are stronger starters and Heracles especially will save you a lot of hell later on.

Thanks! I just don't think I have the patience or desire to reroll. Never have with gachas haha. So should I just repalce Mash and level up Caesar and Elisabeth for now and wait to roll when I've got either way more quartz and/or a husbando banner? Husbanner?

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, Jpn banners were
Murasaki -> King Protea -> Kama -> Luvia
RIP my SQ and it's not even close to the summer banners yet.

I guess I'm lucky nothing really interests me in the next 2 years. Might roll for Quetzacoatl whenever she pops up, but she's already spurned 2 of my attempts.

Aquila

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! I just don't think I have the patience or desire to reroll. Never have with gachas haha. So should I just repalce Mash and level up Caesar and Elisabeth for now and wait to roll when I've got either way more quartz and/or a husbando banner? Husbanner?
Rerolling just the tutorial roll isnt' too bad in fgo but it's still tedious. Don't worry about the current CCC event right now unless you want to no life your next two weeks away. Just concentrate on friend point summoning, leveling your servants 1-2 at a time, and leisurely running story.

Nearly all of your servant options right now are worth leveling.
Always keep Mash leveled. She's an awesome tank and doesn't ask much of you (material-wise).

Sabers: Concentrate on Caesar. Giles is garbage.
Archers: There are no bad archers so choose who you like. Robin Hood and Euryale are extremely good however. David is useful too. Arash is a free single wave nuke.
Lancers: Leonidas is another tank. Both Cu's are amazing and FSN Cu should be your last man standing servant at all times. Level up Elisa for her aoe.

Riders: Ushi is your best option. The others can't compete with her. St George is a great tank too.
Assassin: Cursed Arm and Fuuma are good star generators. Sasaki will carry you through France. Avoid Phantom.
Casters: Hans. Hans. Hans. One of the best supports in the game. Medea has a spammable buff stripping np.
Berserkers: Lu Bu is a budget Heracles. Kiyohime and Spartacus are useful aoe farmers.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, today marked the ending of the jp anniversary thing, which meant that I could roll some more on the case files banner.

Managed to np3 ruler but I really wanted the rider. Oh well.

OP
OP
kayos90

kayos90

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You should honestly pay like 5 or 10 dollars and buy a starter account. It usually comes with a couple SSRs so it helps .

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm lucky nothing really interests me in the next 2 years. Might roll for Quetzacoatl whenever she pops up, but she's already spurned 2 of my attempts.

There hasn't been a JP servant I've had much interest in rolling for for a year now. It probably helps that they seem to have stopped making male event ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.