Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
You used a public restroom during a pandemic?! Those are some big balls.
When you gotta go, you gotta go 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😂

Yeah I instantly thought of The Gamesmen. I don't think we have anything like that here.
I see a digital copy in my future then, can't wait to scape reality with this game😂
Best of luck to you! Just wish we could all get the game and shut ourselves in during these awful times.

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
So anyone managed to get an early copy in Italy? I've currently placed my order on Amazon but if anyone knows hmu

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
So why set a release date so far from when you actually send out the games? Or rather why not hold on the shipments?

This is how it almost always works. They need time to make sure that the games get to distributors in time for them to have stock to actually sell.

Funny how the message is never absolutely clear. Are we even getting the one theme for free? (The one meant to be with pre orders only digital) Or was that a white lie?

Huh? The first tweet says that the first theme is free starting April 10th for anyone that downloads the demo before May 11th. The second says that the second theme is free if you have PS+. Neither of those have anything to do with the preorder theme.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered a copy of the square Enix store about 5 days ago as a backup but didn't realize they are not delivering any orders that were placed after March 20th in time for release. I am probably just going to cancel my order, but I wish they were a little more clear about that. It's just a footnote that's buried under all the promotional language. Oh well.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
This is how it almost always works. They need time to make sure that the games get to distributors in time for them to have stock to actually sell.

Huh? The first tweet says that the first theme is free starting April 10th for anyone that downloads the demo before May 11th. The second says that the second theme is free if you have PS+. Neither of those have anything to do with the preorder theme.
That second theme is the exact theme you get for pre ordering I thought. It was initially only for pre orders until that tweet. That tweet implies it will be free with PS Plus. My question was, are they going to follow through with that theme release on April 10th, or was that tweet wrong info (and it being exclusive still to digital pre orders)

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
That second theme is the exact theme you get for pre ordering I thought. It was initially only for pre orders until that tweet. That tweet implies it will be free with PS Plus. My question was, are they going to follow through with that theme release on April 10th, or was that tweet wrong info (and it being exclusive still to digital pre orders)

There are three preorder themes that I am aware of:

Final Fantasy VII Remake + Final Fantasy XIV
Sephiroth (Amazon preorder)
Cloud and Sephiroth (PSN preorder)

The theme for PS+ members is not the same as the PSN preorder theme; the PS+ one features Cloud and Midgar. Also, I think you're mixing up release dates; they haven't said when the PS+ theme will be released (just "soon"). The only one they've tweeted about that will be available April 10th is the one for the demo.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
There are three preorder themes that I am aware of:

Unspoiler Warning! This may be a spoiler for FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.
Show spoiler
Save spoiler

Sephiroth (Amazon preorder)
Cloud and Sephiroth (PSN preorder)

The theme for PS+ members is not the same as the PSN preorder theme; the PS+ one features Cloud and Midgar. Also, I think you're mixing up release dates; they haven't said when the PS+ theme will be released (just "soon"). The only one they've tweeted about that will be available April 10th is the one for the demo.
ohhh, thanks for enlightening me. So the advertised PS+ theme that I am talking about is its own new theme. Okay.

See it is the best one of them all! So i am happy it was mentioned as free. Hopefully they follow through and release it free soon or by april 10th.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
ohhh, thanks for enlightening me. So the advertised PS+ theme that I am talking about is its own new theme. Okay.

See it is the best one of them all! So i am happy it was mentioned as free. Hopefully they follow through and release it free soon or by april 10th.

Hooray! I'm sure they'll release them soon. The game's out in 10 days, so I doubt the other two will be released later than that. :)

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Anyone know what the install icon for the game is? I'm hoping it's the boxart although none of the other FF games do. (I'm sure it's the same as the demo but just curious as I love that art so much but might be going digital)

pray_bentos

Nov 13, 2017
Where is the logic in them delaying the digital release now? Give us all something to distract from the roni...

Malakiax

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Who bought digital has to wait more than a week for the game, this kinda sucks.
I would love that Square releases it sooner.
But I guess is time for media blackout.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Me: boy, this pandemic has made me glad I buy only digital nowadays
Australia: hold my beer

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon has updated my order to say Friday April 10th by 8PM. They also updated my order for the vinyl VII/VIIR set to next Friday. Hopefully they both come in on time. Would love a week to listen to the vinyl and get stoked for the game!
mine has said this for the whole time its been APRIL 10th I even chatted with an amazon person and they said its not gonna come later and it was guaranteed for April 10th prime delivery.. so I don't think they will ship it early..

-___-

Mar 19, 2020
They will and depends how many they can pack to send in one day

Hoping so. My order now says its processing so if all goes well we will get it very soon. I remember when people were getting death stranding a day early I got it later because I was paying extra for delivery. DPD gets shipped later according to their customer service so I've always done free delivery with them since.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shiittttttttt - I have a JB just down the road from home.
I need to resist going and grabbing a copy now... god damn.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked up the deluxe edition from EB Games - but can I pull myself away from Animal Crossing?