Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
seriously I don't understand the decisions around this it's goofy as shit to me. It's being sold openly in one place, it's obviously going to be streamed and spoiled, why not release now while peak hype?

Yeah, just start selling it digitally immediately and physical stores can start selling as soon as the game is in stock. No point in holding it off anymore.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Just got the email from Amazon, too. I'll most likely cancel that, wait a few days to see what happens with physical sales, and then plan on going digital if I can't grab a physical copy. In the end, I'm playing on the 10th at the latest.

Freakylinks

Nov 4, 2017
got my amazon delayed email as well, i preordered back in august of 2018! they should just ship them out now and it'll get here before the 10th and if not still be on time.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
square is handling this in such a god damn poor fashion.

Square also basically decided to release the damn thing officially AUSregion

Yet anyone going digitally is fucked waiting or not in AUS region

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
someone on facebook marketplace in dallas texas is selling them fyi.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the delay email from Amazon. Meanwhile people in Australia can play right now. Seems fair....

I don't know if anyone from Square reads this but if you do the only way to make this situation right and save people from spoilers is release the game world wide digitally tomorrow. You'll get plenty of double dip sales like mine if you do.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019
So people in USA (except the ones on Dallas) had received an email confirming a delay on the arrival?

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'm in Seattle and got the same email from Amazon around an hour ago. I'm quarantined at home following heart surgery and I want a physical copy, so I'll just patiently wait until Amazon ships it to me.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
This is so funny. SE letting the Australians play first but the rest of the world has to wait. They really think people won't spoil the game when I just seen a video playthrough thumbnail on my feed.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
I was going to hold off until the definitive full PS5 version eventually comes out. But this game comes out 5 days before my birthday and I just logged in and checked bestbuy.com and I still have my Gamers Club Unlocked Discount and it takes $16 off for the deluxe edition. It comes out $68.95 after CA sales tax and I can do curbside pick up at my local best buy store which is 2 miles away.

Tek233

Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and canceled my preorder with Amazon. I'm doing curbside pickup at best buy, screw it. Really don't want to double dip when I know I will buy the eventual PS6 remaster of the entire game.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
I haven't gotten the Amazon email yet but FYI i think the whole "essential" thing is really YMMV

I've been receiving packages much earlier than the expected date for nonessential stuff. I had an nonsense gift item delivered today that said was expected Apr 7

I wish i could cancel my Amazon order but i'm getting the deluxe edition for $40 when all said and done

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Got the Amazon e-mail that doesn't exactly confirm a delay, just more says they can't guarantee it for to arrive by the release date.

It's fine, I'm not dying to play it asap anyway. I have plenty to keep me busy in the mean time

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
if I didn't get an email from Amazon, should I assume i'm still getting it on release??

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
if I didn't get an email from Amazon, should I assume i'm still getting it on release??
Does your order page still say "Arriving April 10?" I'd fell pretty good if I saw that on my end. Still, keep an eye on your messages.

Amazon US suddenly has more Deluxe edition stock. I'm guessing people are cancelling lol.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
In Aus so I just picked up my copy. I didn't expect them to actually acknowledge it's the first part and that the game ends when it does.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Any update from Best Buy? I've got two deluxe copies pre-ordered (one for me & one being sent to my friend) & at the moment, still says April 10th. Would be cool if they shipped early, but at this rate, I'd be content just getting the game on time.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so out of the loop on this

Do we know from leaks yet about how long this first entry is?

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
Any update from Best Buy? I've got two deluxe copies pre-ordered (one for me & one being sent to my friend) & at the moment, still says April 10th. Would be cool if they shipped early, but at this rate, I'd be content just getting the game on time.

Change your pre order to in store pick up instead to your nearest local Best Buy store.

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I would like to know this as well, but im afraid of asking on the spoiler thread, want to go completely blind on this game.

I'm keeping myself away as much as possible from spoilers but based on a reddit user only the story should be taking more than 3o hours without sidequests done... it seems legit.

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
I would like to know this as well, but im afraid of asking on the spoiler thread, want to go completely blind on this game.

Posted this yesterday hut the guy playing on Reddit had just got to Aeriths house for the first time and he was 13 hours in. That's includes side quests but not all of them.

The game seems lengthy so not much to worry about in that regard

jony

Oct 25, 2017
got amazon email about delay, cancelled and pre-ordered on BB release day delivery instead. Assuming 0 chance of early ship but I'm not gonna go venture out trying to find a copy.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
GAME Spain sent me that my Deluxe Edition was available yesterday. I expect to recieve it tomorrow.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Change your pre order to in store pick up instead to your nearest local Best Buy store.
Unfortunately, the closest store is about 40 minutes away. I'm hopeful that with the fact they got me Persona 5 Royal on time, maybe this will as well. Also worth mentioning I got them while I had the 20% off membership, so I'd rather not have to change stores.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
oh man, this bit me in the end. Bought it digitally . Thought about canceling ti but I heard you can run into issues when canceling a preorder on psn.
I wish they would release it earlier digitally too but I can understand that they won'T due to marketing and review dates.