• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok that gearbox snapped off the engine being lifted wow.

Never seen that before.

edit:

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone see the Kubica onboard yesterday?

He takes his right hand off the wheel for the hard left turns. It's unsurprising there are/were concerns about his longevity.

Were - sure, everyone is entitled to have doubts in a situation like this. Are - I don't see why it's still an issue other than trying to stir shit up by the tabloids. He was greenlit so he wasn't considered to be a danger to other drivers, he says himself he can drive an F1 car (and Robert isn't a type of person who won't use self-critiism) also he completed several race distances without signs of fatigue. It's not like he's taking turn 10 without having any control over the car or having to be slower. I'm pretty sure he'd handle it if he had a racing seat and a car capable of competing with others.

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
So at the least, Hartley has to pass concussion protocol.

Then, I'm guessing a new gearbox (+5 place grid penalty), and maybe a new ICU (another 5 places on Saturday) given the damage.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
f8893db4ddf02d3decfc291b40a2000f.gif

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hartley is a huge disappointment, luckily for him Toro Rosso doesn't have solid replacements and going back to Kvyat would be too cruel.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Toro Rosso does seem impressed with Hartley's insights into hybrid cars but at this point, he's no more than a development driver. If RB had anyone else there'd be no chance he'd see the end of the season.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that car is GG. They'll be lucky to salvage anything off rearwards of the fuel cell for use on the spare.

Hardan

Oct 28, 2017
Hoped they'd get better with quali.

The F1 TV is also incredibly far behind. They're one minute behind my stream of ORF (austrian tv) which is probably at least 30 minutes delayed from live itself....

[edit] switched cam to alonso and it was only around 15s delay...

[edit2] so I was following Ericsson on his hotlap. Due to the delay I saw the time posted on the right side around 10 seconds before he finished the lap....

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Crofy said he heard that Wehrlein is being considered for that Toro Rosso seat as early as Montreal.

They should put Maldonado in that seat instead tbh.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
F1 TV is dead for me... couldn't get even 5 seconds of footage (and funnily every time it reset it was of people cheering, not race, as if they were teasing me) ... while my alternate stream is going all smooth . at least my conscience is at ease.