• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Has Mercedes come out to say that Hamilton's car was basically on fire and that he was lucky to finish yet?

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Ha, no salt here.

You can't deny they come out pretty much every race with some problem or another which made their easy win somehow more difficult.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Ha, no salt here.

You can't deny they come out pretty much every race with some problem or another which made their easy win somehow more difficult.
He had issues with car control for whole Friday and Saturday, so no 'near DNF' stories for the race :D

Also Mercedes double pit stop was a pure poetry of teamwork. Probably best executed double pit stop I have ever seen.

beins

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaa, damn. I always watched the stream. Any alternative.
The official Super GT YouTube channel will upload English commentary of the race 3 weeks after the race happens. There are hopes that a live stream might happen for future races, international driver's like Button and Cassidy have been tweeting about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Marko says Red Bull will have 20 extra horses in Baku, a chassis upgrade in Barcelona to right the wrongs of the car, followed by a further upgrade and first spec update from Honda in Monaco.

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The cars looked better in the late 80s, early 90s and as dangerous as it was, it was at least far more exciting on the track.

People forget that between 88-97, it was literally Mclaren and Williams dominating. There was no other rival. Schumacher won with a Benneton because - well, he's Schumacher, going up against Damon Hill, who is possibly one of the weakest World Champions ever.

And let's face it, if the 97 Ferrari was even close to the Williams, the championship would be decided before Jerez.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I hope someone can take the fight to Merc. I'm due to watch the race in Hungary and I'd rather it not be a snorefest.

Edit - With regard to domination in earlier years, at least reliability was still a concern, and frankly the racing was better (where there was racing).

Plus, lets not forget. The 2016 Merc was literally the second most dominant car ever in terms of race wins (19/21 races won). Plus 20 out of 21 poles.

Last edited:

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Marko says Red Bull will have 20 extra horses in Baku, a chassis upgrade in Barcelona to right the wrongs of the car, followed by a further upgrade and first spec update from Honda in Monaco.
Imagine believing in Helmut Marko lmao...

RB won't win any races unless both Mercedes cars go out for some reasons. Mercedes will win every year until the FIA will understand what makes them the best and change the regulations to hit them ( for Ferrari was the unlimited testing for example ).

Budget cap , standard parts etc won't change anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine believing in Helmut Marko lmao...

RB won't win any races unless both Mercedes cars go out for some reasons. Mercedes will win every year until the FIA will understand what makes them the best and change the regulations to hit them ( for Ferrari was the unlimited testing for example ).

Budget cap , standard parts etc won't change anything.

Well, it's not like Marko is just making shit up is it? He's got the info from Honda. And we already know the extra power from what Honda said after Bahrain is there within the current spec, they tested this new power boosting, drivability improving engine software, as well as carrying out hardware validations for the spec 2 in the post test.

On top of this Baku power boost Honda will bring another 35-40 horses in Monaco from the spec 2 + fuel + lube upgrades. Red Bull are going to clean up, especially after the summer break.

Crooked Eye

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 26, 2017
Well, it's not like Marko is just making shit up is it? He's got the info from Honda. And we already know the extra power from what Honda said after Bahrain is there within the current spec, they tested this new power boosting, drivability improving engine software, as well as carrying out hardware validations for the spec 2 in the post test.

On top of this Baku power boost Honda will bring another 35-40 horses in Monaco from the spec 2 + fuel + lube upgrades. Red Bull are going to clean up, especially after the summer break.

This sounds like something we hear every year from Honda when it comes to upgrades!

Jul 19, 2018

Heh, we'll see. It's a shame for RB that other teams do development too...

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

40 horsepower in a year ? Suuuuure.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's put it this way. Sure I think Verstappen would be able to beat Hamilton in a race when given the same equipment, probably even a couple races. But to beat him consistently over a season is a whole other ballpark.

Rosberg has gone on record saying the incredible mental toll it took on him to beat Hamilton. Litterally to the point of "I need to lose another kilogram on my legs so I can gain 3 hundreds of a second". And Rosberg himself is a very good driver. But that championship nearly destroyed him mentally, and then he still needed things like Malaysia to go his way.

A championship isn't just won on raw pace, but also consistency and mental fortitude. Verstappen has the potential 100%, so has LeClerc. But at the moment I don't think he's there yet. He's had a very good start of the year though and I hope he keeps this up.
I don't disagree with you. If anything HAM should have the edge based on his experience. It's just a shame that we won't see them compete with eachother in a team to see who truly comes out on top, even if that sounds like a recipe for fireworks.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like Honda has been making these mythical 40-50 hp gains in season every season since they came back, just how far behind was that engine then? lmao

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I expect Red Bull to do well in Mexico again this year where the thin air negates engine performance. I also expect the Honda engine to go bang a few times before then as well. Max has also yet to race with something to lose so if the RB is competitive this season if he's able to overtake the leaders without hitting them, something he struggled with last year and why Danny Ric one in China last season and not him.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Horner just released a statement when he says that winning is not a goal for this season ( Marko said they were going to win at least 5 races in pre season testing ) ... They are working to close the gap to Mercedes and Ferrari.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
:(

Too bad they can't blame Renault this year.
As i said before Mercedes will easily win every year. Last year Ferrari engineers made a small miracle and maybe without Vettel going fucking insane the WDC could have been decided later ( Mercedes was still the best car last season ) . It seems that the FIA wants Mercedes to keep winning: the tyres used this year by Pirelli are the "special" ones used last year in Barcellona France and Uk. Guess who was the fastest with these tyres? Mercedes.

RB last year developed a very good car but with a trash PU. This year they have more power and better reliability but still behind Mercedes and Ferrari on this area and they also said that they are not 100% happy with their areo package.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
You are probably right. It's clear that Mercedes is the best team with the best car and the best driver but some decisions by the FIA are a bit strange in my opinion. By the way if the regulations don't chage heavily they will keep winning each year.

Winning F1 championships because they were in the best car and because they were the best driver goes back decades.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Winning F1 championships because they were in the best car and because they were the best driver goes back decades.
Of course. Mercedes deserved all of their titles no doubt. What i'm saying is that people should not expect anyone able to compete with them until the FIA will find a way to decrease their competitive advantage ( if it's even possible ).

King Picollo

Oct 28, 2017
I've particularly enjoyed. Max is better than Hamilton. Red bull are going to be the fastest car by the end of the season and my personal favourite it's all a conspiracy to let Mercedes win.

Status
Not open for further replies.