• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coming Home?

• No

Votes: 191 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 194 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Super hot inside. I think I'm going to get me one of these babies.

buttspray.gif

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
No it isn't. Wanting controlled immigration like the vast majority of countries in the world is not racist. Sorry. Some seem to think even mentioning immigration in a debate is now racist. This is fuelled by delusions of holding the sanctimonious moral ground.

Unfortunately for your little conspiracy theory, the UK voter quickly disposed of the BNP and their ilk by ignoring them at the ballot box. The voter even ignored UKIP the second a referendum was called.

The UK voter isn't racist, this has been proven time and time again at the ballot box.

You look across Europe and our political parties that are getting voted in are like pussy cats compared to some that are getting voted in overseas. If you're looking for racism look further afield at our EU friends

Not surprising you are going in with this spin. Suffice to say your talking points are absolute bollocks which have been roundly dismissed by polling and analysis after the fact, so much so that it is not even an actual debate anymore, though politically suicidal to say, yeah they are fucking racists. Pro-tip if it has been established that your concerns over immigration are not economic but based on, lets say, "cultural", beliefs you are a good old fashioned xenophobe. Live with it. UKIP co-opted BNP positions and the Vermin co-opted UKIP positions.

Our EU friends actually have better electoral systems which allow you to see the true face of the electorate, not hide under a veneer of FPTP fuckery and pretend we don't have just as equal if not bigger racism problem in this country. But that is bye the bye.

I hope France or Belgium win the World Cup.

Oct 25, 2017
Tories have not offered to stop immigration not once. Neither did UKIP.

Good try though.

UKIP were basically a single-issue party, which was leaving the EU. The moment Cameron called that referendum their job was done.

As for UKIP never offering to stop immigration not even once:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/07/ukip-ban-immigrants-nigel-farage

The UK Independence party is likely to go into the next election repeating its promise of a five-year ban on people coming to settle in Britain while immigration policy is sorted out, Nigel Farage has said.

But this conversation has shifted away from why people cheer against England (which is on-topic) into your alternate reality version of Britain which is very much off-topic.

Take your weird delusions to the UK politics thread here:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk...-government-no-coalition-of-chaos-part-2.572/

and you can continue telling us how Brexit and UKIP were totally not racist

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Could you imagine if Italy qualified? Every other fucker would've been bringing up the bloody Roman Empire.

"I don't care that you won 3-0, you used to throw Christians to the the lions!!!"

OnDaBlock

Dec 12, 2017
1) If you bothered to actually read the conversation you'd see that there actually was discussion about other European nations and their colonial past, and also why it gets brought up more often with regards to England.

2) I'm English you fucking muppet.
1. When France played Uruguay or when Belgium played Brazil, I didn't see their colonial history ONCE get brought up during their matches.

2.If you actually bothered to read, my post wasn't addressed to you or one individual. This may also come as a surprise you but you can be from a country and still be *shock* anti it. And my post wasn't questioning anyone's nationality. Seems like a hit dog hollered.

I won't bother going back and forth with someone who has to use profane insults when they clearly can't debate without becoming emotional. I'll leave you to your own devices.

Oct 27, 2017
Came in this thread for the first time for the hype and excitement and found a bizarre debate about the British empire being evil and hence the England team/ fans/ population being evil and racist.

Can we switch to football related discussion?

Is everyone excited for football to come home!?

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
Came in this thread for the first time for the hype and excitement and found a bizarre debate about the British empire being evil and hence the England team/ fans/ population being evil and racist.

Can we switch to football related discussion?

Is everyone excited for football to come home!?

Yes I am excited for the World Cup to come home, to France, where it was invented.

Bitsmurch

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not surprising you are going in with this spin. Suffice to say your talking points are absolute bollocks which have been roundly dismissed by polling and analysis after the fact, so much so that it is not even an actual debate anymore, though politically suicidal to say, yeah they are fucking racists. Pro-tip if it has been established that your concerns over immigration are not economic but based on, lets say, "cultural", beliefs you are a good old fashioned xenophobe. Live with it. UKIP co-opted BNP positions and the Vermin co-opted UKIP positions.

Our EU friends actually have better electoral systems which allow you to see the true face of the electorate, not hide under a veneer of FPTP fuckery and pretend we don't have just as equal if not bigger racism problem in this country. But that is bye the bye.

I hope France or Belgium win the World Cup.

Yawn.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I really didn't want to be one of those English people, but I wouldn't mind a bit of rain now.

MELTING.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back mate. Our win on Friday was in your honour.

Oh shit, totally forgot to say congrats on the win.

The missus wants you to the World Cup, for what it's worth.

Italy winning 3-0? That really hasn't happened since the Roman Empire.

True.

"I don't care that you parked the bus, squeezed out a 1-0 win and bored us all to tears... you used to throw Christians to the the lions!!!"

Oct 25, 2017
1. When France played Uruguay or when Belgium played Brazil, I didn't see their colonial history ONCE get brought up during their matches.

2.If you actually bothered to read, my post wasn't addressed to you or one individual. This may also come as a surprise you but you can be from a country and still be *shock* anti it. And my post wasn't questioning anyone's nationality. Seems like a hit dog hollered.

I won't bother going back and forth with someone who has to use profane insults when they clearly can't debate without becoming emotional. I'll leave you to your own devices.

What kind of Englishman thinks "fucking muppet" is profane smh

I really didn't want to be one of those English people, but I wouldn't mind a bit of rain now.

MELTING.

There aren't enough electric fans in this house to deal with the heat, WHERE ARE ALL THE CLOUDS

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
If you ever need proof that this Empire shit is brought up just to antagonise people consider the fact that there are no Russians in this thread and no one talks about the Russia's gay concentration camps or the annexation of Crimea.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Holy shit this thread! I mentioned Stalin glorification as part of actual World Cup coverage on FOX Sports and was immediately reminded that this is football only thread. Is England a subject to tougher standards than fucking Stalin?!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at the forecast for next week and it's all close to 30° again and I'm sick of it :p We are not used to this prolonged heat

Don't worry, now that I'm starting to get some confidence in my batting it'll rain all of next Saturday to stop me from scoring my maiden century.

Sport is the absolute fucking worst like that.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus I wish I didn't catch up on the thread....go to a concert for one night and all hell breaks loose

When's the next match? Can't be arsed googling. Also is it a late evening match?

Status
Not open for further replies.