• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coming Home?

• No

Votes: 191 49.6%
  • No

Votes: 194 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
So essentially, France gets an extra day to rest than Croatia/England? This hardly seems fair.

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
Great first half and kinda boring second half, specially after the goal
France are the favorites for sunday, but I can see both England or Croatia winning too

Having Croatia and this really-good-but-not-freaking-amazing-France ahead, this really is the best chance that England will have to win this thing

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Reminder that France left players like Coman and Martial at home, Belgium doesn't have that kind of luxury or young talent.

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Belgium underacheived. This was their WC to win. Their golden generation will never be as good as they are now, especially by 2022. Their last chance is next Euro.
Nonsense. Belgium has simply arrived. It will probably take another 10 years yeah before a new generation arrives, but this is no fluke, and tons of young Belgians will be signing up for football.

The Netherlands hardly existed in football before 1974 and 1978, then they disappeared and won in 88. Should have won in 98, could have won in 10. This is Belgium's call to arms.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not why Japan lost at all. Japan lost because they just would not stop pushing for the win until the very end. They had no interest playing for a draw and going to extra time. They wanted that win.

They kept pushing even after being 2-0 up.

If they "time wasted" more they could've had a better chance at holding a lead and win.

Even after the 2-2, with just a few minutes remaining you don't push that hard cause you can get yourself a counter like Belgium did to them, and then have no time to respond at all.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
It's sad becasue Mbappe was fantastic throughout the match. I really wish he didn't pull that shit.

N7_Angel

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Who wants the British to win lol, there not only boring and trah but totally won every of their game by luck and struggle, not talking about doing everything to be on the right side of the chart, disgusting.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
France are going to win this tournament by the virtue that they haven't really been pushed by anyone they've faced, hardest they were pushed was Argentina. They're going to have a lot more in the gas tank than Croatia/England.
I mean I don't think England were pushed very much either, sans the Colombia game I guess.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
That's not how this sport works.

If Japan had done some better time management, they would've eliminated Belgium, or at the very least pushed that game to extra time. Look at were they are now.
There are diffferent ways of time wasting.

You have teams playing back, and you have a player running away with the ball.

Fuck Mbappe

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Belgium were an amazing team. It's sad they won't be remembered for 3rd place. Only winners are. France has this World Cup.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yep. Instant distaste for france for the rest of this cuz of this cunt move. (also the ref had a big hard on for france today, so many missed penalt y kicks ies).

edit: d'oh, i'm tired I just meant penalties not penatly kicks. pretty blatant penaties towards belgium that the ref missed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
It's sad becasue Mbappe was fantastic throughout the match. I really wish he didn't pull that shit.

He hasn't throughout the entire tournament. It's the game to get to the final. He isn't Neymar flopping in the group stage. Why are people so dead set on turning on Mbappe all of a sudden ? Like can someone explain it to me

Globule

Banned
May 9, 2018
Felt ominously easy that game for France. Whoever faces them in the final will be the underdogs for sure.
Have we seen the same match? Belgium had the ball most of the time. It's a miracle they didn't score, Belgium did great tonight.

Congratulations Belgium, that's one hell of a team you have there.

And now, go France, go! Ramenez-la à la maison!

Dec 4, 2017
London
Congrats to France, I guess.

I'm gutted for Belgium and certainly not a fan of the cynical French play in the last 15 minutes or so.

I imagine whoever wins tomorrows match will have their work cut out in the final, but I'll be rooting for them in the final regardless. Fuck that time-wasting bullshit.

Dec 2, 2017
They played tremendous today defensively and it showed. Lukaku and Hazard mostly shut down, especially in the second half. And the youngings are damn effective with their pace on them counters, which is very entertaining to watch once it's back and forth.

This was fascinating to watch unfold from a tactical stance. Props to Belgium as well.
As much as I sometimes wish France would be more offensive since they certainly lack don't lack the talent for it, winning is more important. It's death or gladioli as the good Mr. Van Gaal said once or twice.

silkavfc

Banned
May 7, 2018
England
I find the bashing of England on this thread rude at best and at worst xenophobic/ bordering on racist. I thought I'd left that kind of thing behind when I migrated over from neogaf.

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are diffferent ways of time wasting.

You have teams playing back, and you have a player running away with the ball.

Fuck Mbappe

Oh don't get me wrong, what Mbappe did was wrong, that's not what I'm arguing with Cow.

Just this sense that teams need to always push and attack even when they are winning for some sense of honor.. its BS.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to France, deserved win.

annnd ..
giphy.gif
to England.

Status
Not open for further replies.