• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I think it's a fun combo game.

I just wouldn't use it as an gauge for how people will receive fighter Z.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
I persoanlly only got to play it at friends house, but I distinctly remember youtube comment back in 06 or whenever the game had trailers coming out, how dbz fans hated the graphics and combo system "looked".

most of the haters didn't even try the game from my impression.

I don't blame them tbh and I really like the game. It was barebones content wise and didn't have all the story and sim elements people expected from DBZ games after the Budokai and Tenkaichi games.

and this was also during the PS2 era. No netplay. So if you didn't have someone equally motivated to play with you there was little value to be found in the game.

Oct 29, 2017
Funny thing is, mechanically, Super DBZ is the closest to FighterZ, with the big difference being 3v3 and a faster pace. look at android 16 combos and don't tell me didn't steal his kit from Super DBZ lol

BroodShadow

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just picked up guilty gear on the PSN sale I was wondering if anyone wanted to play sometime over the week.I just started getting into fighting games again so i'm pretty bad at them right now.
Also have mvci but have not played much of that at all I would like to but it seems arc system works games have much better tutorials to get me started.

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017

B3 is quite fun at higher levels. Though the game devs probably didn't care about balance for each character, the overall game at high level becomes about meter management as you have to use 3 bars to get out of a combo, so have to know when you can go ham, and when you need to poke and bait out the teleport. A lot of these combo I can't though since they have ridiculous execution barrier. Note, this is through emulation online, so it's kinda wunky, and the two players are not the best in world, but yea scene is too tiny for any real local tournament as all the good play live on every corner of the world. I believe one of the best players is https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSaiyanjin2 , this dude makes the rest of the community look like chumps. from france I believe.

thank you for match vids. looks a pinch similar to fate unlimited codes but more combo breakers. I checked that guys videos out and theyre just combo videos? i'd like to see good player matches. combo vids don't mean much to me when i dont get the system.

Oct 29, 2017
thank you for match vids. looks a pinch similar to fate unlimited codes but more combo breakers. I checked that guys videos out and theyre just combo videos? i'd like to see good player matches. combo vids don't mean much to me when i dont get the system.

And I get what you mean. IF you get your opponent down on one bar or less, that's where a good player will be able to basically combo until the opponent is back to 3 bars. I for some reason love this, as not only is it hard to do, but falls in line with dbz as a character low on ki get his ass handed to him lol

Oct 29, 2017
It really sucks how with DBFZ you have people going,"finally a a DBZ fighter with depth" while ignoring Super DBZ.

I've heard this statement way to many times lol

Tenkaichi games are so onesided and repetative, I honestly can't see why they got so big. Sure it emulated dbz better than games of before but meh
Xenoverse 2 completely shit on Xeno 1 and tenkaichi games in terms of combo variety and depth, but that says a whole lot, since Xenoverse 2 is still super repetitive in the nature of it's combos and execution, you basically find the optimal combo for your character and never do combo that isnt that lol

Oct 25, 2017
XxtMm5G.png

Gummi97

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought BBCF on steam, if there anyone interested to do some games, please feel free to PM me!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SonicFox probably mad he missed out on a stone AND lost in Eleague.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Twitch viewership (source: r/salty) *data is missing part of oct 31 and also all of oct 1
GyBmca8.png

FGC still the same as ever. I fully expect DBFZ to shake things up.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Tekken getting more views than Marvel is definitely not same as ever!

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if Tekken at CC was part of that, but even then, Marvel at CC was part of Battle of the Stones and was the most stacked MvCI tournament ever!

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I mean also, promoting the games at events tends to be another issue. I always stumble across the stream at some later point or check the matches on youtube. I swear I wanna watch KI and KoF live!