• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Might jump back into SFV once AE drops, but then again DBFZ is out in the same month.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like how marvel infinite is getting like stronger local scenes than sfv. Or at least this is my observation in NYC

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
What characters are you folks recently enjoying? I've been dabbling with Ed and Abigail in SFV. Ed is a great character but has some annoying execution requirements (flicker cancels), while Abigiail is pure fun. Also, using Dan in USF4. He actually has some pretty decent tools despite being a joke character.
FANG in SFV till I finally realized that the game is shit and is never going to be fixed and FANG will be forever low tier.

Right now, I've been playing Lars in T7, he's a hoot. Also Bullet in Blazblue, she's incredibly fun. Also learning Ky in Guilty Gear Xrd, hope I can get some matches going with people soon.
Lucky Chloe
tenor.gif
You're dead to me now.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
FANG in SFV till I finally realized that the game is shit and is never going to be fixed and FANG will be forever low tier.

Right now, I've been playing Lars in T7, he's a hoot. Also Bullet in Blazblue, she's incredibly fun. Also learning Ky in Guilty Gear Xrd, hope I can get some matches going with people soon.
You're dead to me now.
You drop and pick up SFV every other hour tho

Oct 26, 2017
MVCI is dead over here. Had one station last night. We had more old games than Capcom stuff in fact. There were three 3S stations. Modern Capcom stuff is dead here.

Regarding SFVAE, I'm convinced the inner works to the game aren't fixed and that's what's important. If they aren't, I'm passing on it. DBFZ is far more important anyhow.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Why go back to SFV after playing ASW? There's no point. We anime now.
There's only so many times you can play keep successful keep away for 40 seconds, eat one CC or jump-in, lose 30-40% health, guess wrong once from the inevitable mixup and then get stunned and die.

Don't pretend you didn't know
I wanted to believe it was just a recurring joke and that you actually had a soul. Turns out I was wrong NotLikeThis
When you leave for real for real is when Fang becomes top tier
Judging from my previous history, this seems apt.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
There's only so many times you can play keep successful keep away for 40 seconds, eat one CC or jump-in, lose 30-40% health, guess wrong once from the inevitable mixup and then get stunned and die.

I wanted to believe it was just a recurring joke and that you actually had a soul. Turns out I was wrong NotLikeThis
Judging from my previous history, this seems apt.
My profile in the discord still says no Chloe and Gigas so people have some respect for me lol

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot but how does SFV handle AA's? Don't the people auto air tech without knockdown if you jab them out the air allowing them to continue their onslaught?

Check out Fantasy Strike.
I have
RT was pretending to be simple tho lol
What i miss are the robots and loadouts
It's crazy how riot bought them out but yet have them doing nothing
Still holding out hope Riot will bring the FGC out of poverty status

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm actually gonna try Melty Blood too, thanks!

One thing I'm kinda noticing though. Is Guilty Gear Xrd the current Arcsys games with the most game-wide systems? Like Blazblue and UNIEL also have systems that apply gamewide but their depth seems to come mainly from the characters having a vast arsenal of moves or a ton of variety and options. GG Xrd has systems depth and has character depth on top.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually gonna try Melty Blood too, thanks!

One thing I'm kinda noticing though. Is Guilty Gear Xrd the current Arcsys games with the most game-wide systems? Like Blazblue and UNIEL also have systems that apply gamewide but their depth seems to come mainly from the characters having a vast arsenal of moves or a ton of variety and options. GG Xrd has systems depth and has character depth on top.

GG has had system depth as far as XX. This isn't new for them.

OP
OP
Karsticles

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What characters are you folks recently enjoying? I've been dabbling with Ed and Abigail in SFV. Ed is a great character but has some annoying execution requirements (flicker cancels), while Abigiail is pure fun. Also, using Dan in USF4. He actually has some pretty decent tools despite being a joke character.
I'm all about Gargos in Killer Instinct right now.

Oct 26, 2017
Karsticles put us down for the spotlight.

"Today we're pleased to introduce Community Spotlights, a new feature we're experimenting with in order to bring more visibility to communities that often feel buried in the Hangouts subforums."

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all about Gargos in Killer Instinct right now.
I knew that was a Karst character lol. Im all bout that Eyedol. I wanna be an Aria player but i tank better than i glass cannon.

Shit its been awhile though...I been playing a lot of culdcept and I stopped KI for Horizon. I should go back in.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I will kill to see killer instinct having a bigger offline community

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
ridiculously fun for the viewer
if i was chilling and then some dude switched places with me and now gotta face Fchamp or Justin i'd be pissed

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how the Battle of the Stones final tournament isn't a total shitshow.

MvC:I is probably the most apathetic I have been to a "major" fighting game release since I first started watching FGC stuff and playing off and on casually. I really wonder if they do any further DLC, or if it gets any representation on the Capcom Cup or another BftS event next year.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how the Battle of the Stones final tournament isn't a total shitshow.

MvC:I is probably the most apathetic I have been to a "major" fighting game release since I first started watching FGC stuff and playing off and on casually. I really wonder if they do any further DLC, or if it gets any representation on the Capcom Cup or another BftS event next year.
Nah man it's going to be the best tournament ever.

Someone is going to use a stone and then lose anyway, it will create headlines and stories. The salt factory will be running for days.

It's a damn shame that people in general have been apathetic because we have had some good tournaments and top 8s thus far. SCR, Redbulls and Canada Cup finals were great. I think Battle of the Stones will deliver, I just hope that Capcom can iron out the rules/details of the stone usage because I can foresee some oddities coming about from it especially when it comes to order of stone usage (who gets to use their stone first).

And for the record I was a bit down on the game mechanically and high level for a bit but the game surprisingly has evolved past those mechanics. Stuff that people thought was good isn't as good anymore and counter play is starting to get developed which has resulted in higher level of play and more nuanced strategies in-game. People thought that lock down hyper was OP, now we have tech to counter it. People though Sonic Fox's team was unbeatable, now he is back to human status and people are escaping/blocking his stuff. People thought Reality stone was over powered, now people think it's a tier 2 stone at best (and tournament results have backed this up to some degree).

Dante is still kinda OD though and probably the only true S tier character in the game. But I am pretty sure a patch is on the way in December and Battle for the Stones is going to be "peak" Dante that we see in MVCI, after that it's all downhill for him.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I will kill to see killer instinct having a bigger offline community

It's sad that the game died locally. It had a decent online resurrection with the W10 release but it didn't last a full year and the group is pretty much dead. Don't know if the Steak release will help much, even if it was released on the same day as W10.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Nah man it's going to be the best tournament ever.

Someone is going to use a stone and then lose anyway, it will create headlines and stories. The salt factory will be running for days.

It's a damn shame that people in general have been apathetic because we have had some good tournaments and top 8s thus far. SCR, Redbulls and Canada Cup finals were great. I think Battle of the Stones will deliver, I just hope that Capcom can iron out the rules/details of the stone usage because I can foresee some oddities coming about from it especially when it comes to order of stone usage (who gets to use their stone first).

And for the record I was a bit down on the game mechanically and high level for a bit but the game surprisingly has evolved past those mechanics. Stuff that people thought was good isn't as good anymore and counter play is starting to get developed which has resulted in higher level of play and more nuanced strategies in-game. People thought that lock down hyper was OP, now we have tech to counter it. People though Sonic Fox's team was unbeatable, now he is back to human status and people are escaping/blocking his stuff. People thought Reality stone was over powered, now people think it's a tier 2 stone at best (and tournament results have backed this up to some degree).

Dante is still kinda OD though and probably the only true S tier character in the game. But I am pretty sure a patch is on the way in December and Battle for the Stones is going to be "peak" Dante that we see in MVCI, after that it's all downhill for him.

Yeah, like I honestly don't hate the game, and I 100% believe people who are into it who say it's a lot of fun to play. Purely as a spectator though I find it just incredibly unappealing to watch. Some of it is definitely the graphics, but there's just something about it that's really offputting, I just have no interest in what's happening in the game tech-wise. There's other games I don't like watching like say MK/Injustice because I hate how stiff everything is, but I can at least appreciate what's going on, but I don't even have that for MvCI. And as I have no one to play with locally and I'm not fucking around with Marvel online I don't plan on ever picking it up so I can't really appreciate it beyond a spectator level. It's really weird, I fucking love all of the previous Marvel games and watched a shitload of MvC3 tournaments, and as of right now I've watched like maybe 3 hours of MvCI total since it came out. Just a total non-starter for me. Fuck, I've watched more Mike playing GG than I have MvCI lol.

For what it's worth I hope the game gets some kind of further support, there's obviously a group of people who are very into it, it just unfortunately does not seem to be a large group.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I find the entire tourney of stones list of stone powers antihype as fuck. If someone wins in spite of stone fuckery yeah woo...but its still a gimmicky match that i cant take seriously one way or another.

I find it far more likely that the person who uses a stone will win that match and thats fraudulent and dull.ooh you won but my buttons were mixed up. Ooh you won but you picked my team. What the hell does that showcase about high level play? That maybe someone wins in spite of that and you get an exciting in context only match thats in general filled with sloppy mistakes due to rule handicaps? Id rather get excited for legit matches where theres no gimmick and its just skill vs skill with cash on the line.