• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Mike Ross truly has embraced GG.

DNcqwASX4AA946F.jpg:large

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody here experienced at arena fighters like Gundam VS or Dissidia? I'm looking hard at the Kamen Rider Climax Fighters title and I'd like to get a feel for what things are big and what are not in gameplay mechanics in this type of fighter.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where to talk about this on this forum, maybe I shouldn't at all, but this post is making the rounds:

x2ryioe51szw.png

What do you guys think? There seems to be something to it, because you have Combofiend and Matt Dahlgren leaving Capcom and Yipes moving back to NY when it looked like he was supposed to professionally work with MvC:I.

Back when the leaked video appeared EVO put out a statement that didn't sound nice at all:
This leaked video does not represent Evo's views and we were not consulted beforehand about the video. Footage was used without our consent.

And there was MrWiz saying the game "tanked" on Twitter, too.

One thing I'm pretty sure isn't true is the CPT bit, because that was not Combo's work at all from what I know.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw on my twitter feed that 2 MvC players were banned from life from Canada Cup?

What happened? isn't about the girl who gave her spot to another or this is another tournament

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So AoF 3 on switch neogeo thing?

Its worth gettin?

Eh, is hard to answer this.

In one hand is arguably one of the most beautiful games in the Neo Geo, specially considering that it was released in 1996, 3 years before Garou and Last Blade, also the combo system that borrows from 3d games is curious to say the least.

But there is something about this game that feels really bland, and not that fun, honestly, I prefer AOF2 for versus gaming, but overall, aof 3 is an okay and maybe good game

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they banned Quackbot/PCMarvelGod and Holy Order-Troll for life from Canada Cup for that stupid thing. This might sound harsh, but if you think about this as a community event with financial risk attached that takes months to organise and how they could've ruined it completely by doing what they did, it's justified. It's basically Lap Chi telling them to go play somewhere else.
Atleast they were able to replay all those matches and have it mostly be ok, but that was just lucky.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
KillerKai would disagree with it being mostly ok. :3
Ban for life is fine though.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know where to talk about this on this forum, maybe I shouldn't at all, but this post is making the rounds:

x2ryioe51szw.png

What do you guys think? There seems to be something to it, because you have Combofiend and Matt Dahlgren leaving Capcom and Yipes moving back to NY when it looked like he was supposed to professionally work with MvC:I.

Back when the leaked video appeared EVO put out a statement that didn't sound nice at all:

And there was MrWiz saying the game "tanked" on Twitter, too.

One thing I'm pretty sure isn't true is the CPT bit, because that was not Combo's work at all from what I know.

Oh well, the sad thing is, even if it's just bullshit, it sounds entirely possible.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't the OP in that 4chan thread say it was something he came up with to prove how gullible /v is?! You really don't need a 4chan rumor to start discussing how bleak MvCI future support situation is looking when we have things like Combo leaving, game not being part of CPT and Yipes moving back to NY.

Last edited:

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
How are those boxed expansions.

Complete and new versions of the game.

Anybody here experienced at arena fighters like Gundam VS or Dissidia? I'm looking hard at the Kamen Rider Climax Fighters title and I'd like to get a feel for what things are big and what are not in gameplay mechanics in this type of fighter.

Kinda. I play Gvs but I'm still beginner level. I'm pretty familiar with the concepts at least and could throw some resources your way if you kind of want to get an idea how the strategy/team play works.

Not sure how much skills cross over between the games though. Every Gundam player I know thinks Dissidia arcade is trash because it doesn't follow the same sort of logic/rules that the Gundam games do.

I really want to play Infinite Stratos tho

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Yipes moved back to NY? Jesus.

I'm not gonna lie, Mike playing GG has me thinking about picking up GG Rev, it's on the PSN sale this week...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you need an initial install base to sell DLC and beyond the initial 2 waves, there may just not be enough initial buyers.

CPT for SFV is heavily financed by Sony.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Do it, it's an incredibly fun fighting game even if you suck at it. Everything is flashy AF.

I've been considering it for a while, but given that my only experience with an ASW game was Persona and that shit was WAY too much for me I'm not sure how I would fare with Rev >_>

Honestly right now it's more of a time thing for me, too many great games out right now :(

Edit: Out of curiosity, how well does GG play on pad? No stick, but I've got (obviously) a PS4 controller plus the Hori FC, but I never used the latter one much due to not being a big fan of the d-pad. I've thought about picking up the newest revision on that to see if it'd change my mind at all or not.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'd give you advice on that but I play with the analog stick on my DS4 so I'm weird. I've yet to run into any issues though. Game is perfectly playable.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I have been out of the loop, is MvC done? I heard Yipes/Persia went back to EC, and people be saying b/c Disney pulled the plug.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
What a disaster if true. All capcom had to do was give the game a decent budget.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
What a disaster if true. All capcom had to do was give the game a decent budget.
if they were gonna be so damn cheap they should have just added the new characters to umvc3 and released it as super umvc or something. the game would have gotten a much better reception.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So with all these people ready to pronounce MvCI officially dead. I take it the sales numbers for MvCI already came out and they were as bad as they said.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those who care the Reality stone in Battle for the Stones allows you to change 3 of your opponents buttons.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
DNyzcejUEAIPuVX.jpg:small

I suck at versus games but I'm having fun playing MvC:I. Waiting to see a price drop on the Season Pass before I buy it.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great game. Pick it up and have fun with something that isn't Capcom, and then realize you've been missing out!

Oh I'm all down for playing non-Capcom stuff, just my limited foray into ASW stuff was very overwhelming and I always hear how crazy GG is to get into. Really more of a time issue for me right now though.

And of course as I was thinking of picking it up on PSN (it's $23.99 on there right now for PS+) it's on sale in-store at Gamestop for $20 lol.

Oct 26, 2017
GG is fun as fuck. Been learning Xrd and applying Crash Course. Played some competition last night at locals and have lots to learn. Feels good. Funnest 2d fg on the market right now.

Oh I'm all down for playing non-Capcom stuff, just my limited foray into ASW stuff was very overwhelming and I always hear how crazy GG is to get into. Really more of a time issue for me right now though.

And of course as I was thinking of picking it up on PSN (it's $23.99 on there right now for PS+) it's on sale in-store at Gamestop for $20 lol.

Do Novriltataki's crash course.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

stn

Oct 28, 2017
What characters are you folks recently enjoying? I've been dabbling with Ed and Abigail in SFV. Ed is a great character but has some annoying execution requirements (flicker cancels), while Abigiail is pure fun. Also, using Dan in USF4. He actually has some pretty decent tools despite being a joke character.

Oct 26, 2017
What characters are you folks recently enjoying? I've been dabbling with Ed and Abigail in SFV. Ed is a great character but has some annoying execution requirements (flicker cancels), while Abigiail is pure fun. Also, using Dan in USF4. He actually has some pretty decent tools despite being a joke character.

Really like Faust in GG (sorry Mike) and Platinum in BB.

I'm going full anime thanks to Crapcom. Stubby normals. My ass!

Numb

Oct 25, 2017

Lucky Chloe
tenor.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Lmao Numb don't be ashamed.

Also my Ryu is paying off in Super Turbo. My zoning is really getting on the level in Super Turbo. Still have gaps that allow people to escape the corner so lots to improve on, but last night for a few games at my locals my Ryu game finally ascended and I beat the crap out of multiple people with him. I mained Ryu last night but there were two people who absolutely forced me to switch to Chun.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played SFV in so long i'm afraid of turning it on and dealing with all those updates