• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Yatagarasu always reminds me of those old ads Mando used to run at WNF when it was still at Super.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Daigo the dad fan fiction running wild through my head right now... Like the mother finally being able to take a picture of him with his sun by confronting him in public posing as a fan lol.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so what's the big drama deal in the FGC now? We really arguing about kicking people out of casuals set ups for money matches? Yeah fuck that noise.

And

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
You left out the best part.

mjl.gif

Oct 26, 2017
In case any of you folks were interested in buying Fighting EX Layer, the sale for the game ends tomorrow.

You can get the light edition for only $23, the the standard edition for only $40 if you have PS+. Between the two, I'd recommend the standard version as it gets you everything. Pullum Purna and Vulcano Rosso are also being released at the end of the month as FREE DLC~!

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
In case any of you folks were interested in buying Fighting EX Layer, the sale for the game ends tomorrow.

You can get the light edition for only $23, the the standard edition for only $40 if you have PS+. Between the two, I'd recommend the standard version as it gets you everything. Pullum Purna and Vulcano Rosso are also being released at the end of the month as FREE DLC~!

Yeah I picked up the standard edition last night. I'm excited for upcoming Terry Bogard lol.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
At least as far as SFV goes, there's basically a Premier event every weekend from here to Capcom Cup.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Premier events, remember the controversy that was raised by Leffen about how the EVO organizers split the pay outs? Well get ready for Final Fighters China, a CPT Premier Event held in China. This tourney has sponsors that are adding a whopping 13k to the pot in addition to Capcom's own 15k. The catch? All 13k is going to 1st place only so that the winner gets a nice round winning prize purse of 20k while everybody else gets the same prize they'd get at any other Premier event.

http://www.ffc-ran.com/

Nov 2, 2017
I mean, days after EVO, will still had a Next Level Battle Circuit and an epic WNF. That same weekend we had Redbull-Esports Conquest qualifiers for Xrd Rev 2, Tekken 7 and SFV (Both Saturday and Sunday). There will be a qualifier every weekend or every other weekend until November until the main event. You have CEOtaku and Summer Jam next month. You have Capcom Pro Tour events outside the US to look forward to (assuming you don't have a North American/Japan bias) and Canada Cup is right around the corner...

There's no lull anymore.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Is there like an app (like Strafe if anyone of you knows that) that can notify me of upcoming events? Not really in the scene and it's hard to keep track when sites like smash.gg don't feature all tournaments.

May 1, 2018
All I've seen on my kinda-limited Twitter browsing (follow one guy who plays often) is that they're impressed by how CJA played. I like that attitude.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Smaller tournaments aren't like they used to be. So many of them these days that pros have to cherry pick which ones to go leaving them all a fraction of what they could be. Only EVO and a very few others have hype behind it.

Nov 2, 2017
People are definitely still supporting Infinite and sucks that places like this keep perpetuating the false narrative that the game is dead. People legit like the game

Oct 25, 2017
Rayray's Sent used to be on another level with his movement. Made him look like another character

now it looks like mine lol

May 1, 2018
I'll say this for Infinite, it made me realize that I too can care about graphics in a game.
Infinite looks way better than MvC3... except the lighting they picked makes all the non-metal characters look real bad and some of the proportions are off. Literally, it's just a polish problem. As with so many other things... HUD, music, voices, less dialogue, no Arcade Mode endings, lack of color palettes. The place where I'll blame Disney is the marketing and prioritizing of a poor Story Mode. I roll my eyes every time the topic of "reviving" MvC comes up and it's "add X-Men" which Disney will never allow, but the roster needs more off-the-wall picks. I mean, who really wanted Nemesis from RE?

It does have a tutorial of some description which SFV does not, but its Training Mode is very spartan. Also the choice to display all stages on a grid is very weird, as ten looks like a very small number on that screen but it would look fine with a scroll-select.

Add on the typical expensive pricing and it's definitely a poor overall product despite the creativity put into its gameplay, but "graphics and X-Men" are... not the reasons.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Infinite looks way better than MvC3... except the lighting they picked makes all the non-metal characters look real bad and some of the proportions are off. Literally, it's just a polish problem. As with so many other things... HUD, music, voices, less dialogue, no Arcade Mode endings, lack of color palettes. The place where I'll blame Disney is the marketing and prioritizing of a poor Story Mode. I roll my eyes every time the topic of "reviving" MvC comes up and it's "add X-Men" which Disney will never allow, but the roster needs more off-the-wall picks. I mean, who really wanted Nemesis from RE?

It does have a tutorial of some description which SFV does not, but its Training Mode is very spartan. Also the choice to display all stages on a grid is very weird, as ten looks like a very small number on that screen but it would look fine with a scroll-select.

Add on the typical expensive pricing and it's definitely a poor overall product despite the creativity put into its gameplay, but "graphics and X-Men" are... not the reasons.

The technical detailing is better than 3, which it should be since it's a sequel 5 years after. The artstyle they used is horrendous though and makes most characters look hideous. X-Men would have helped, but the issues with Infinite go much deeper than that - the overall presentation of it being the main issue. It's just so soul-less and lacks any character.

Once they put Nemesis in the main roster instead of Wesker, I knew it was gonna be a cynical cash grab.

If they had somehow delayed the game and fixed the presentation and artstyle issues, I think it could have been a success - especially in this day and age where the MCU is the biggest movie franchise and cross-promotion could have done wonders for it. As it stands, I don't think it deserved a spot at this year's EVO despite the initial backlash. Alot of people just wouldn't watch a game that looks like this.