[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My number 1 request as far as DLC characters go finally coming true. Damn, I really didn't think AWS would do it. Im excited.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
There won't be a season 3. Besides the hype of this game dying down you have entrants low at EVO and other tournaments. Besides that when they announced a season 2 they made it seem like they didn't even expect a second season but they squeezed one out for us. The response made the second season but it wasn't in the plans.

In general, I agree with you, but we have to keep in mind that this is Dragon Ball. This game doesn't live and die exclusively on it's EVO performance to the point of Street Fighter or Marvel Vs Capcom, there are a ton of anime fans out there that will buy every character and skin they put out and probably don't even know EVO exists. I guess that's also why we are hearing all of this skin talk right now, there is still plenty of money to be made with this game.

I think it could go either way. Time will tell.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
That's fair and I'm sorry I was so heated it's just the female character representation has always been a sticking point for this game to me.

I know DB is one of the worst Shonen's in terms of female representation but I just felt that aside from 21 this game still could have handled it better.
I think that Arc went above and beyond based on the simple fact that they did such a good job in creating 21, she fits this universe like a glove. They also did amazing on Videl, and we all know they didn't have too much material to work with when it comes to her, this isn't like Tenkaichi where you just slap on some generic moves on the same model that is shared by all the females in the game.

Dragon Ball is a product of its time, and the makers have to try and make the most out of the little material they have. But hey, it could be much worse, at least this isn't Fist of the North Star :P

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
In general, I agree with you, but we have to keep in mind that this is Dragon Ball. This game doesn't live and die exclusively on it's EVO performance to the point of Street Fighter or Marvel Vs Capcom, there are a ton of anime fans out there that will buy every character and skin they put out and probably don't even know EVO exists. I guess that's also why we are hearing all of this skin talk right now, there is still plenty of money to be made with this game.

I think it could go either way. Time will tell.
It's possible, I just don't see it. They'd probably get more people and press promoting a sequel than a new DLC season. You add these other characters, new story, stages, the works and they've got another hit.

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Janemba is one of the best villain designs i've ever seen, absolute perfection. Need to see Takahashi magic on this dude

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
It's possible, I just don't see it. They'd probably get more people and press promoting a sequel than a new DLC season. You add these other characters, new story, stages, the works and they've got another hit.
In my way of seeing things, it's mostly about timing. The PS4 is still going to last a bit longer, but not long enough to justify a brand new game, so I think that having FighterZ 2 as a flagship fighting game on the PS5 would probably be their best bet, and I'm sure Sony would be very appreciative to have such a huge title on their new shiny console.

Also, if the PS5 is indeed backward compatible and it works like it should, new adopters could simply keep on playing there and buy that sweet DLC while they wait for something new to drop. Fighting game fans never get any attention at the beginning of a console generation haha

In other words... I really want that goddamn Season 3 content!

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
In my way of seeing things, it's mostly about timing. The PS4 is still going to last a bit longer, but not long enough to justify a brand new game, so I think that having FighterZ 2 as a flagship fighting game on the PS5 would probably be their best bet, and I'm sure Sony would be very appreciative to have such a huge title on their new shiny console.

Also, if the PS5 is indeed backward compatible and it works like it should, new adopters could simply keep on playing there and buy that sweet DLC while they wait for something new to drop. Fighting game fans never get any attention at the beginning of a console generation haha

In other words... I really want that goddamn Season 3 content!
That's possible too. If not that then maybe they'll do the dual console thing. Maybe they'll release it on both consoles but with the PS5 version having additions or something. Who knows.

I'm going to just assume we'll hear something at E3 but who knows lol.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
People always post that same gif of that one move.

He doesn't do much else that's unique beyond that.

e86a1774fddfd65ea46dbde84ada1f3b8642a66b_00.gif

1467880982621.gif

a1cab43d604571e9b6954f23694a7abdf292c56b_hq.gif

o3dhk1uchnl11.gif

1498026484372.gif

Nah, Janemba is dope.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
I think that Arc went above and beyond based on the simple fact that they did such a good job in creating 21, she fits this universe like a glove. They also did amazing on Videl, and we all know they didn't have too much material to work with when it comes to her, this isn't like Tenkaichi where you just slap on some generic moves on the same model that is shared by all the females in the game.

Dragon Ball is a product of its time, and the makers have to try and make the most out of the little material they have. But hey, it could be much worse, at least this isn't Fist of the North Star :P

I can't really say they did the most they could with what they had when they could have used a prominent female character with a lot of material to use instead of Walmart Brand Buu

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't. They got something solid going on and it'd be a great way to start FighterZ 2 off with a big roster.
There's zero chance of them throwing out all of their work to start from scratch (that practice is common for a new mainline Street Fighter, not a direct sequel to an Arc-developed fighter).

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So can we now talk about this game's female representation?

Last time I checked the defense was "Kefla is coming so everything's fine"

So....what now?

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
As much as i wanted Kefla, DB is one of the last shonen series id expect any proper female representation from because they have shit to really pull from. It also sucks that Kefla really doesnt offer anything that other characters cant already do(well that didn't stop Jiren) but ill take a female that does the same saiyan shit over another goku, or another goku vegeta fusion, or another broly(can tan broly just delete og broly from the roster).

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not so happy tbh with the GT characters, was hoping for Kefla mainly and between Mr Satan/UI Goku/Toppo for 2nd choice.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, she sucks dude. Her being a girl doesn't change that. Janemba is fucking awesome only because his effects are gonna look insane in this engine. Janemba over Kefla in this game any day, glad they went with him. (Though one thing I will give you is I would've taken Kefla over Jiren for sure).

There's something really funny about a user named Ryuji reading a post that is almost exclusively about her merits outside of her gender and replying "you just want a girl in DBFZ"

May 30, 2018
One of the dopest villains in DB history. He's too good. They need to make dude canon and bring him into Super.

That's what I've been saying, all these non canon chars with decent designs deserved more than an hour of screentime.

With the justice they did Broly, I would actually want them to do the same for many others (Improvement in design and backstory) and bring them to Super either in movies or new arcs

Janemba, Cooler, Bojack, Syn Shenron are my picks for adding to DBS and DBFZ

Imagine Cooler redesign being his Color 02 Alt, shit looks fresh and matches Frieza so well

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I've been saying, all these non canon chars with decent designs deserved more than an hour of screentime.

With the justice they did Broly, I would actually want them to do the same for many others (Improvement in design and backstory) and bring them to Super either in movies or new arcs

Janemba, Cooler, Bojack, Syn Shenron are my picks for adding to DBS and DBFZ

Imagine Cooler redesign being his Color 02 Alt, shit looks fresh and matches Frieza so well
Yep I agree. They'd do them justice forreal.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, no Cauli or Kefla in the end I see, tragic

Well, at least I get to see Janemba's teleport in this game...

Oct 28, 2017
Nah. Kefla needs to make way for bulma in a mech suit with a tager like gameplay style and comboable throws and throw paths that lead to grab mixups. That's my dream.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Great! I still have to buy season 2, but I am waiting for all char to be available.
Really loved the choices they made in the end!

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Glad it's not kefla, a broly clone.

More non human/saiyans please.

Dabura preferably.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
You guys all keep talking about a sequel right away when ASW is a small studio that currently has its hands full with the Grandblue fighting game, updating DBFZ and BBXT, not to mention working on a sequel to Revelator and potentially a new Persona fighting game using the Xrd Engine. And who knows, a follow up to Blazblue with said engine. In addition to doing their publishing of smaller titles (non-fighting games) and aiding smaller devs with their fighting games like French Bread.