• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love playable Avalanche members, but I think they won't do it because it would distract from Aerith's death if the same plot twist happens to other characters first.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love playable Avalanche members, but I think they won't do it because it would distract from Aerith's death if the same plot twist happens to other characters first.
I think what they might do is to give them more background story and interactions with cloud
so their death is more impactful.

And i think they Will increase the size of avalanche 5 people is too small i think.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
I was joking :D Though, maybe we should be more careful in the eventual OT of the remake since there surely will be a lot of newcomers.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I think what they might do is to give them more background story and interactions with cloud
so their death is more impactful.

And i think they Will increase the size of avalanche 5 people is too small i think.
We still don't know who these guys are, right?

ff7-remake-1.jpg

They seem to be infiltrating a Shinra controlled place (there's an helicopter, at least), so they could be Avalanche, although they look quite different equipment wise (I wouldn't be surprised if they're not in the game/have a different design).

I didn't play Before Crisis, but wasn't there a first Avalanche whose members looked relatively similar to these guys?

latest

EDIT: they have the same red armband, so yeah!

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
We still don't know who these guys are, right?

ff7-remake-1.jpg

They seem to be infiltrating a Shinra controlled place (there's an helicopter, at least), so they could be Avalanche, although they look quite different equipment wise (I wouldn't be surprised if they're not in the game/have a different design).

I didn't play Before Crisis, but wasn't there a first Avalanche whose members looked relatively similar to these guys?

latest

EDIT: they have the same red armband, so yeah!
Oh, never noticed the red armband - nice catch!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be funny if those are the Turks in combat gear. Dude in the front would be Rude and the dude in the background has markings on his face kinda like Reno.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they might show soldier this time on the remake, this IS the Focus on crisis core, but on the original ff7 Sephiroth and Zack are the only ones that appear in the game.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I think that is a bodysuit on her and not panties, and they show it prominently to emphasize the fact it is one.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should come up with a bunch of new SOLDIER characters and make them this game's "badass villain group" like the Archadian Judges in FFXII or the Garlean Judges in FFXIV.

Interestingly Fujin and Raijin from FFVIII were originally designed for FFVII but they removed them because there were already too many groups of antagonists. But with this remake being episodic I think they can easily come up with new characters and episode-based villains.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
So I didn't want to post a thread on this or anything because I can't physically back it up but I know someone who has a pretty high up position and does work with Square Enix and goes to the offices a lot (In Japan) and they told me that Square Enix is planning 3 parts for FFVIIR, shouldn't be too surprising but yeah...

I never make up rumors or anything so I have no reason to make this up.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So I didn't want to post a thread on this or anything because I can't physically back it up but I know someone who has a pretty high up position and does work with Square Enix and goes to the offices a lot (In Japan) and they told me that Square Enix is planning 3 parts for FFVIIR, shouldn't be too surprising but yeah...

A trilogy has been the assumption. Two parts could mean too many cuts/rushing some story bits, more than three would be a bit too many and I can't see fans taking it well at all (not that a multipart/trilogy remake was taken all that well in the first place but if they did 4 or 5, there would be riots).

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Even if your uncle who works at Nintendo SE wasn't real, that's what the assumption has been since the announcement.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, that's why It shouldn't be too surprising, most people thought it meant 3 parts.

I also know a guy who's partner works at SE and I will be hanging out with them soon, so if I could get new info I will. I won't promise anything though and obviously, I'm not gonna push for info.

Not even for... ATTENTION?

I could see 3 parts making sense. I mean, that's kind of the minimum for something to be called "episodic," no?

Nah, I see what the insiders have to deal with and I don't wanna have to deal with people harassing me. I just felt bad because I feel like it's going to be a long time before we get solid info from SE.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
$60 a piece + collectables + SE tax + Next Gen System to continue the trilogy = Broke AF. Sign me up!!!!!! Not even joking. I'll pay it lol

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nice, thanks for sharing it with us :)

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
1bd-03.jpg

You can see Cloud and the Air Buster enemy on screen. The PS4 controller and full-screen image wants to make me believe its real-time and not concept art. Believe.

Source:
www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/group/1bd/

Edit: that may be cloud's redesign. His arms are more jacked and not as skinny as in the first gameplay trailer.
Air Buster looks remarkable redesigned. It's lower half looks like it incorporates a car base as it's hover unit rather than the round thing in the original one... unless that's Pres Shinra's car (remember he was in that scene).

Ishiro

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lebanon