• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
People will get hyped when 2 is teased, and we see glimpses of the gold saucer and cosmo canyon, Sephiroth burning the town down, his back turned..

Sabercrusader

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean,

A. There's a worldwide pandemic, which definitely is affecting many people's priorities.

B. It's Part 1 of a series, with no indication of when the next one will be released.

C. It made some fairly big waves when it hit, especially because of the ending. The ending leads to a lot of discussion, but in the end, we won't know anything until Part 2 and I think that's what has stopped a lot of discussion because we will learn, but not until then.

D. It's not the only big release this year, and Last of Us just came out and caused huge waves, and while it isn't as big, Ghost of Tsushima is around the corner as well.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
If i were setting the over/under on FF7R threads created before the announcement of the next game i'd put it at 100.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
It's still a relatively linear game so unlike FFXV there's minimal interest in post-launch patches changing up the experience. Plus with the release on other platforms held hostage until March 3rd 2021 at the earliest there's not much to look forward to and hypothesise about. I don't think anyone expects Part 2 any time soon so the game fades away from the limelight, no one is uncovering new things anymore so it'll just be new players who want to bring it up

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's an SP game and people have discussed it to death. TLOU2 came out afterwards which made discussion focus on that. Now we have the hype cycle for next gen which was always gonna take precedent over everything else. It's always like that for any game releasing near the end of a console cycle. GoT and Mario origami king will have countless threads this month and then die out immediately as hype around next gen resurfaces again toward the end of July and beginning of August

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I mean, what would you like to talk about, OP? The people that wanted to play the game generally have played it and talked about it to death. We're all waiting for part 2 now.

This is how most things work nowadays, things come and go like nothing.
what a gross oversimplification. We've talked about it for more than 20,000 posts and speculated on the future in probably half a dozen threads. What the fuck else is supposed to be said? lol @ "like nothing".

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I mean, what would you like to talk about, OP? The people that wanted to play the game generally have played it and talked about it to death. We're all waiting for part 2 now.

what a gross oversimplification. We've talked about it for more than 20,000 posts and speculated on the future in probably half a dozen threads. What the fuck else is supposed to be said? lol @ "like nothing".
Maybe you took my comment like i was diminishing the game which i wasn't. My point was that things happen fast nowadays. Hype spreads fast, discussions happen all over the place and people also move on fast.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
The thread on this forum so crazy active to begin with, it has been 90 days, of course people are playing other things.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
It's been said I'm sure but yeah the fact that the last 3 months has felt like 3 years probably has something to do with it.
It's my GOTY though.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
It was crap. That's it, there's not much else to say. It was so bad, it killed my interest in the whole "remake" project, which it even isn't, really. There's no point to any of it.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
OP is obviously not part of Lesbian Twitter. Aerith/Tifa fanposting going on to this day.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
I platinumed it and loved every minute of it. I need part 2. All the articles I see are about the next installment. Welcome to the hype train.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Compared to Animal Crossing, it does seem to have faded rather much faster. I guess it's a) a linear game b) part 2 is a ways off 3) its linear

Mar 18, 2020
It's an action game so people blew through it quickly.

it also probably was more middling to the majority of people as opposed to being "GOTY" or "trash."