karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Might be my GOTY so far. I enjoyed it a heck of a lot (especially the combat), but I don't know if it's done much to shake up the industry in any way. It felt like Final Fantasy just aping the rest of the industry's narrative focused third person games.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FF7R is probably the best game of this Generation, maybe tied up there with Bloodborne
AXa0.gif

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
It's a linear game with no GAAS elements, apart from talking about te ending for 3 months there isn't much else to talk about. when the PC version gets showed off and some final remix gets annouced people will talk again.

Brokofiev

Jun 20, 2019
It's a gorgeous reimagining with great combat, but the side content feels...hollow? It's like all the detail went into the artistic design of the world, which is fantastic, but then they forgot to make the time you spend there -- not, like, main-story time; I mean the nitty-gritty, Midgar-is-our-home-and-this-is-how-we-live time -- interesting and memorable.

Overall an enjoyable game. Just could've been a bit better.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
I think the game was actually discussed quite extensively, it just has nothing going on right now, Square is not really giving us anything to discuss about it. I'd expect every now and then someone will create a LTTP thread and that's about it until the first signs of buzz around VIIR-2 come up.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really loved it. Did all the side content and everything. I'll play it again when it inevitably comes to PC. At the same time, it did wind up only feeling like a piece of a bigger game to me. So, that kind hurt its ability to leave a lasting impression.

I just finished it and went "yep, time to wait 5 years for a sequel." Like, not even in a hype way. Just... now to wait.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
There has been alot of discussion about the game but SE has failed to discuss future plans for the game, patches/fixes, or dlc for the game and people are kind of moving on. In fact, SE in general has been quiet this summer so far.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
It doesnt have MTX to have people stay engaged (which i find a good thing) nor should that be the case since its a single player game. That said i still need to finish it. on Chapter 10 or so. So with that I'm gonna peace out. But before I do, i don't equate buzz post launch that Multiplayer or co op games have with Buzz that single player games have. To me Multiplayer game buzz is more binary it's either there or it's not which usually indicates if the game in question is dead in the water. Whereas Single player game buzz has more of an ebb and flow to it, it comes and goes after release.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
These sort of nonsensical threads just attracts people who dislikes it for self validation.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it a lot. I considered doing a replay on Hard mode but the thought of going back through all the tedious slow-walking sections put me off; still, one enjoyable forty hour playthrough is more than enough. It was my favourite game of the year until TLOU2 came out and ate everything else's lunch.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Either "recent games" has taken over the conversation, or everything that had to be said about the Final Fantasy 7 Remake has been said and we now await the next part. There's nothing wrong with that honestly since as far as games go, the remake was definitely an amazing piece of work. Hell, I still haven't really played the original, and yet I found myself getting emotional from both scenes and music. I'll play the original one of these days (got plenty of time to do it...), but I think there's nothing else to say other than wait for the trailer for Part 2 so the speculation game can start anew. Especially considering how for a game that is 23 years old, it has left many people wanting to know where the story is going from here since it quite literally is more than just "a remake."

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is this the companion thread to RE3 remake released 3 months ago and nobody talks about it?

Is it too soon for me to create the last of us part 2 just released and nobody talks about it?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still excited for it, Im just waiting for a PC port or PS5/XSX port to get the game.

I also still want to replay the original first.

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
That's not unusual. I don't think current events in the world have anything to do with it either, that's just always been the case. Discussion usually falls off the map after a few months for any game. People will revisit it once Square starts teasing part 2.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's over 22 THOUSAND posts in the spoiler threads on this website. Let alone the actual OT. And that's just this website.

Like with a lot of non-open world single player games, there's only so much to talk about. There's theories I guess (with this game especially), but what did you expect?

He wouldn't be alone in saying that. I've seen dozens of people who either never liked FF or never even heard of it play Remake and love the hell out of it. It's a well made game, has a ton of content, and there's new experiences for players new and old. Not all that weird. You'd think with that reaction the game was swimming in 7s or worse.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This happens with single player games.

Would you like another "Final Fantasy VII Remake has developed quite the fanart following" thread?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It came out, it was pretty good, and it will be many years before we see a part 2, its hard for me to particularly care

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I mean ... it was talked about on here in like 15 seperate threads for close to 6 weeks. I don't know what else you want OP ? The people who wanted to play it the most did so and finished it and exhausted all avenue of discussion and ... if that weren't enough there's a 3 hour review from Tim Rogers and hundreds of hours of video on youtube of people breaking down every single facet of the game. Up until just a few days ago the "ultimania" thread was even still on the first page.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
False premise. The fanart scene is still incredibly active and the spoiler discussions still go on. Plus, 3 months a very weird metric to go by. Game did extremely well, pleased a lot of skeptics, people are excited for the continuation. Its all good.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Well for starters its not very replayable, nor does it have a lot of content as it's a linear RPG. Pretty much everyone who got it at release was done with it ages ago. Was also a bit of a let down in regards to awful level design, side quests and pace-killers making replaying it even more painful.

Honestly though, 2020 has quite a few of the biggest releases of the generation (Already has HL, Animal Crossing, FF7, TLOU, Tsushima soon, with Cyberpunk and all the next gen stuff still to come), so it's really not surprising that any one of them is gonna lose traction after a few months. Not to mention it's also a remake, so there wasn't a whole lot of new to talk about anyway.

Rikucrafter

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Australia
It's my favourite game of all time.

However, once I've finished it and discussed the ending with friends or people on here, it felt okay to move on from the game and have it be one of those amazing experiences that I will likely go back to every year or two and it will be the game I mention first the second someone asks what my favourite games are.

However, I don't feel a need to discuss it perpetually and I believe that many around here or in different gaming circles will feel the same way. It's an amazing experience and a memorable one. I don't feel that games need to keep being discussed over and over to have made an impact.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Its second best game I've played this year. I"m currently slowly doing a hard mode replay. The game is 9/10 for me. Just wish it didn't have so many forced loading/squeeze through tight place sections. The Last of Us Two is just on a different level though. I'm waiting to replay that one on PS5 though.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
It's an awesome game, probably my favorite game from this year.
What more is there to say? What should we still be praising it for?
If anyone asked me whether it's worth purchasing, I would give them a resounding "yes".

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Theres been a lot of crazy stuff happening outside the gaming world. And inside the gaming world, talks are dominated by next gen news.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was great with one of the best soundtracks of all time. Not sure what more there to discuss when everything has been discussed to death and we know what happens in the rest of the game.

Really excited for the next part

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
I loved FF7 Remake and even got the Platinum trophy and did everything the game had to offer.

That said:
1. I'm wishing the game got an update that fixed the glaring visual issues it has with the stupid ass looking background stuff, like the apartment doors.
2. This game could have really used a better end-game. I think the whole "You finished the game! Use chapter select and try Hard mode!" Didn't work to the game's benefit. I was hoping they had you return to Midgar after the ending to go back and do missions to repair the Sector 7 Slums as a means to "kill time" until the next chapter and give you crazy hidden bosses and challenges. I think the VR missions are not as exciting and having to jump through a chapter select to use the VR machine feels very disconnected.

3. I'm also kind of waiting/hoping for a PS5 improved version (hoping it's free upgrade) and maybe some Royal Edition DLC or REMIND DLC to expand the game a bit before Part 2 comes out.

Oct 29, 2017
I played it nonstop since release and then beat it. It was awesome, and I enjoyed every moment. Nothing more to say except wait for 3 more years apparently.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
This is Era. If you're expecting something to be talked about over and over in multiple threads it needs to be about Sonic. FF7 ain't.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I just notice something unique with this forum. If one person starts the thread talking about the bad aspects of the game, then many people joining in will also talk about the bad aspects of the game, the ones who dislike the game become majority, while the ones who like minority

But when you start the thread talking about how great the game is, then all people joining in will also praise the game and how they are really excited for the sequel. They ones who dislike it become minority in vocal, very contrary with the first paragraph

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
One of the top games I've played this year, but there is so much new stuff to play and my backlog is massive so I just move onto the next thing.

AllBizness

Mar 22, 2020
Funny this thread popped up, I literally just bought the game today. Gamestop was sold out so I decided to download it.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I loved it, and I guess everyone who did as well discussed it to dust and now are hanging on tight to see what the sequel will bring.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's my GOTY. Possibly Game of the Gen as well. And the final boss has become one of my favorite boss fights ever.