• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
I've realized that adding ATK% to my weapons is useless (in most cases), because I'm already hitting the 300% cap with all the TMRs I've collected in 2+ years of playing this game.

So now I'm just trying to load up my weapons with HP% and MP%.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone beat Tetra Sylphid yet? Planning to take a run soon but honestly have no idea what to expect on this fight. I'm guessing it's going to be a provoke tank + cover tank with elemental resistance fight like most of the 3* espers with additional traps to instakill you.

I just cleared that fight actually! As Squall ASF mentioned fire and wind resists are needed on the magic tank. My poor doggo tank Chow kept dying as I kinda blanked on using Bushido Freedom via my healer Eiko to dispel the stat buffs.

That was only the only trouble I had though since elemental builds for me don't have a whole lot of SPR built into them and Tetra does use non-elemental magic nukes so the SPR reduction she inflicts is also bothersome but I had Eiko to clear that up.

The snort got rid of my Wilhem at 40% but oddly enough the physical attacks felt toned down after that point and she was only threatening when she was buffed but I have a feeling Eiko and CG Nichol LBs buoyed my Defensive stats by clearing the enemy stat breaks on my units. I only used magic break via Wilhelm and had no breaks for enemy offensive stats once he was snorted. My Damage dealers were a friend 115 7* DFina and a earth gun VotL that isn't enhanced with her killers (only divine shot) but LB @24/25. VotL also helped with dispels but I only realized that way too late in the fight.

Hey buddy, welcome! I have some strangers I added for 7* Squall and Rinoa adds during the MK event so I can kick one to the curb to add you. That goes for others too, if we aren't friends let me know and I'll give more the boot to make room.
Thanks for the welcome and thanks so much for the Friend request! ^^/

Kozmo

Jan 5, 2018
Have about 5 slots left myself. Currently sharing a content-busting Olive. Friends code: 320 975 072.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Here for my serving of crow, didn't think they'd give us a rerun along with all the other content. Busy week.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I've realized that adding ATK% to my weapons is useless (in most cases), because I'm already hitting the 300% cap with all the TMRs I've collected in 2+ years of playing this game.

Just realized this too. Took one of my Excals thru and got 22% ATK on it, equipped it and found it wasn't giving a single point of attack more than a naked Excal. Guess I'll mainly focus HP/MP for the rest. But some +ATK swords will come in handy if you need to tie a materia slot up with a killer.

Lyrian

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least the game has moved on to recycling past event sprites (FFT) for the latest story segment. That's something, I guess.

EDIT: That final cutscene for this story chapter. I don't think I could have facepalmed any harder. How many memes were squeezed into that scene?

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've really got to stop leaving these events to the last minute. Had to do the exploration at work lol. Thankfully I've got nothing to do anyways but I really need to learn to manage my time better.

I mentioned this last time with rods. I'm going for HP on Fryevia's Needle because TT easily hits the cap. I do think atk is worth getting on greatswords if you're going for Hyou. It's more difficult for TDH users to hit the atk cap, especially after it goes up to 400

Last edited:

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Here for my serving of crow, didn't think they'd give us a rerun along with all the other content. Busy week.

Your crow is served! I win! Mwhahahahaha j/k who cares, just entertaining to speculate during the gaps between news. I'd say it was 50/50 between our theories because they've done nothing before and we technically have the cryst dungeons as an NRG event for the next week so your thoughts that we didn't need another event crammed in was warranted. I figured they'd do it because they need a new player friendly NRG event as the boss for the cryst dungeons would be tough for newbies and 60 NRG a pop steep for them.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
New bundles are very very bad.

2500 Lapis
5x Full (60 lvl) king metal minituars
2% moogles
1.5 million gil
for 25$

Like wtf were they smoking. ~11 runs in Gil Turtles is 1.5m Gil

250 Lapis
1 Full (60 lvl) king metal mini
100 energy
300k gil
for 3.99$

Don't waste your money to these awful bundles.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Settled on 22% Attack on my Lionheart because it's the best I've gotten in about 7 attempts and I have other weapons I need to upgrade lol. Wish this event wasn't so short

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I have the resistance for Tetra right now actually so may have to wait until I have more 7* to try end it faster.

My rainbow luck seems to have transferred though. I get seal of life and power on each run yesterday including my first round of the day. Got it on Fixed Dice, Revolving Saw and Excalibur so a nice bit of variety. Thinking Hyoh will like the saw.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure I have the resistance for Tetra right now actually so may have to wait until I have more 7* to try end it faster.

My rainbow luck seems to have transferred though. I get seal of life and power on each run yesterday including my first round of the day. Got it on Fixed Dice, Revolving Saw and Excalibur so a nice bit of variety. Thinking Hyoh will like the saw.
Revolving Saw is worse than Tonitrus / Flaming Blade Agni for Hyoh until/unless you're giving him outside imbues. Expect the majority of people sharing him to be sharing him with one of those two weapons.

OTIX

Oct 28, 2017
Any guesses when the 400% caps are coming?

Also, how would a non-elemental weapon work on Hyoh? You'd have to bring an external imbue for him, right?

OP
OP
Kouriozan

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Any guesses when the 400% caps are coming?

Also, how would a non-elemental weapon work on Hyoh? You'd have to bring an external imbue for him, right?
400% is still a few months away, and yes for Hyoh you either bring Desch or 7* Sakura to imbue thunder.
Ignacio will make it easier with his fire imbue (double skill and AoE imbue)

• Arms Forge・Fire 32 MP ST 3 Turn Add Fire to Attacks & ST Fill 5 LS
  • Arms Forge・Fire Attack 45 MP / 5 LB AoE 5 Turn +120% ATK/MAG & (50% Chance) AoE 5 Turn Add Fire to Attacks
  • Double Forge -- W鍛錬 (Use 2 in a turn: 武器鍛錬・炎 [32 MP], 武器鍛錬・炎撃 [45 MP], 防具鍛錬・炎 [21 MP], 防具鍛錬・炎護 [36 MP], 入魂鍛錬 [99 MP])
Nyx's skill "未来にたくす -- 210 MP (Available Turn 1) 19 Turn Cooldown: AoE except Self Fill 28 LS & Self OHKO" + double Arms Forge Fire will be a deadly combo for one turn LB with fire element.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Revolving Saw is worse than Tonitrus / Flaming Blade Agni for Hyoh until/unless you're giving him outside imbues. Expect the majority of people sharing him to be sharing him with one of those two weapons.

Wasn't aware of this but by luck BSS is almost consistently in my team and I have a dupe of her. Don't think I have those other weapons either.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad someone had made a cactuar fusion script; I had forgotten the raid banner was leaving and summoned my remaining coins last night before sleeping. There's no way I was going to be able to fuse those while at work.

Yeah, I wish I had remembered this. My fry needles work out because I can instead boost attack, but my Lightning was pretty much already attack capped and the benefits to my omega weapon are minimal as my accessory slots were already the scarf and desch's earring. I guess it means I can boost health/resistances through materia now, so it's not too much of a waste.

Question on 7* Tidus, his optimal build does it still use fixed dice or does he go back to using Brotherhood?

norn

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so glad someone had made a cactuar fusion script; I had forgotten the raid banner was leaving and summoned my remaining coins last night before sleeping. There's no way I was going to be able to fuse those while at work.

Yeah, I wish I had remembered this. My fry needles work out because I can instead boost attack, but my Lightning was pretty much already attack capped and the benefits to my omega weapon are minimal as my accessory slots were already the scarf and desch's earring. I guess it means I can boost health/resistances through materia now, so it's not too much of a waste.

Question on 7* Tidus, his optimal build does it still use fixed dice or does he go back to using Brotherhood?
In terms of raw damage potential FD nukes Brotherhood from orbit, but you need to devote a turn to imbuing (or using CK Ariana...) and then you have to deal with potential low rolls. This will be a problem in later trials, as I understand it - though if Tidus will be a factor by the time we reach those is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of raw damage potential FD nukes Brotherhood from orbit, but you need to devote a turn to imbuing (or using CK Ariana...) and then you have to deal with potential low rolls. This will be a problem in later trials, as I understand it - though if Tidus will be a factor by the time we reach those is anyone's guess.

I guess that's not really surprising, thanks for confirming.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

If anything he should still make a good partner for anyone who leaves with two Jecht

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently the rerun FFXIII mog king event is bugged, Vanille and Snow are giving 150% bonus instead of 75% and Sazh is giving 100% instead of 50%

If you need anything from the event now is the time

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
Seem to be having good luck with weapon upgrades this time. I got the rare drop on two of the three Brotherhood Swords I've put through. Hopefully, this trend continues.

I did the 3000 Lapis 11 unit pull... The only unit of interest I got was a Sazh. Hmmmm... Probably should hold out now.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm going to do at least the first 2 steps on the second banner.

I'd love a dupe Orlandeau or Wilhelm, and I already have 2 Dark Fina and 2 Dark Cecil, so getting a 50% trust moogle from either would be great, and their STMR's would be even better.

Gilgamesh and Marie would be troll pulls unfortunately, but 4 out of 6 ain't bad

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Diabolos by chaining Lunera, which worked pretty darn well. I'll keep her up for a bit if anyone wants to take the same approach.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Did the first step on the step up got nothing decent so I'm down to 3k lapis. Wasn't gonna go for Hyou anyway since I'm just gonna hoard for Randi (already have 1 copy but still a very stupidly low chance he even comes back) or Akstar whichever comes first.

It's a crazy long term plan I know but my future 7*'s should hold the line decently enough, plus I tend to procrastinate doing trials (still haven't done Aiagon or Malboro).

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fought Tetra and Diabolos earlier today.

I cleared Tetra Slypheed with a team of Wilhelm, Basch, CG Fina, CG Nichol, Kid Rydia, and a Friend 7* Dark Fina to chain quake. Wilhelm was a wall. Basch had 150% of fire and wind but still took damage occasionally. The fight was without issue until 40% where Wilhelm got snorted. I had two turns sub 40% where Fina's LB reraise kept a couple people up.

For Diabolos, I took Wilhelm, Basch, Ayaka, Orlandeu, and a friend Orlandeau. I lost, I'm going to try again tomorrow and swap in Warrior of Light and Mystea. Wilhelm with 15.5k HP and 1.1k defense still died a couple of times, so swapping in WoL who still has all my evasion gear will help there. Although that wasn't really the problem as keeping re-raise on him mitigated that fairly well. My issue was the lack of stop immunity, Mystea was on an expedition, so I just rolled with Ayaka and her stop cure; which was not as good. It actually worked fairly well until 40% where everyone the aoe stop ended much worse than the previous for some reason. The surprising thing was that my Orlandeau(6*) and the friend Orlandeau(7*) didn't do as much damage as I would've thought. Only about 6-7% in a chain without Basch's defense break; but I should be fine with any dps as long as I have the stop resist.

c-murph

Oct 26, 2017
So, the new 5* select summon tickets... do they allow you to pick any 5* unit that isn't limited or do they let you pick any 5* unit that you already own? Like if I save up enough could I pick like 4 Maries for the hell of it even though I never got Marie yet?!

robot

Oct 27, 2017
So, the new 5* select summon tickets... do they allow you to pick any 5* unit that isn't limited or do they let you pick any 5* unit that you already own? Like if I save up enough could I pick like 4 Maries for the hell of it even though I never got Marie yet?!

It doesn't matter if you own the unit or not, but you have to pick from the list gumi provides, which so far only include units with 7* awakenings (minus Rinoa for some reason).

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
You guys arent going to believe this cause I dont even believe it, but I got a second rare skill in one day!

Seal of Life and Skill Lvl 3 on Fixed Dice!

I should have bought some lottery tickets today instead of wasting my luck on weapon enhancements!

norn

Oct 26, 2017
You guys arent going to believe this cause I dont even believe it, but I got a second rare skill in one day!

Seal of Life and Skill Lvl 3 on Fixed Dice!

I should have bought some lottery tickets today instead of wasting my luck on weapon enhancements!
Sadly that's not great on FD because the rare is 15% HP/MP and you really want % ATK on FD because so few units get Throwing Mastery and there's no dedicated materia for it.

e: unless you got like 25% ATK on your other slots in which case congratulations

Last edited:

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Probably wouldn't have been my first choice for the sword to get it, but I love the roll on this thing:

lXlD5Mu.png

No A.Rain, but if I ever get him this will be good for him. Meanwhile it will just be the go-to for whoever I use to chain with my Raegen I guess.

Been taking a different approach to the IW this time. Last time I rerolled the same weapon over and over again until I was "satisfied enough" with it to move on but I have way too many useful swords and G.swords I'm just going thru with them all once and I'll go back and reroll the trashy ones later.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or is Nalu's LB animation really nice? If her modifier was better I would be really interested (I'm quite interested as my irl friend has her).

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
When it says defeat an enemy with an esper/magic, does it mean the last hit or the hit that kills it?
I think I killed an enemy with a limit burst, but the last hit was a Thundaga from another character and the game counted it as a magic kill.

OTIX

Oct 28, 2017
When it says defeat an enemy with an esper/magic, does it mean the last hit or the hit that kills it?
I think I killed an enemy with a limit burst, but the last hit was a Thundaga from another character and the game counted it as a magic kill.
It will count as an Esper/magic kill if it gets the killing blow OR if it hits when the enemy is at 0%. So you can start up a slow spell like Ultima and then quickly kill the enemy before it hits and it will count as a magic kill. Espers are a little trickier because if you bring the enemy to 0% before the Esper animation plays then the Esper will not deal damage, so you want to kill it after the animation but before the damage.

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
I feel stupid, I wasted so much resources trying to kill a boss with magic, yet it was this simple, well at least this makes everything much easier.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well damn I finally got something other than blue on the free pulls. A gold but hey its an upgrade. Seriously though is anyone else getting a disproportionate amount of blues off that? My pulls are rarely this bad but this free banner is fucking awful

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Well damn I finally got something other than blue on the free pulls. A gold but hey its an upgrade. Seriously though is anyone else getting a disproportionate amount of blues off that? My pulls are rarely this bad but this free banner is fucking awful

Don't feel too bad. I have been getting tons and tons of VERY OLD blues, liked Krile, Bedile and Rakshasa. Today I also got a gold, Shine.

No rainbows yet.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Is it just me or is Nalu's LB animation really nice? If her modifier was better I would be really interested (I'm quite interested as my irl friend has her).
She's pretty cool. It's unfortunate she doesn't get W-ability so she's dead in the fucking water even if you managed to get her STMR.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
She's pretty cool. It's unfortunate she doesn't get W-ability so she's dead in the fucking water even if you managed to get her STMR.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. She should be in the next batch of JP enhancements in theory so she could get it then, but that's too much of a risk to spend lapis on. Double casting that cool down ability would be pretty sweet though if it happens.

norn

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. She should be in the next batch of JP enhancements in theory so she could get it then, but that's too much of a risk to spend lapis on. Double casting that cool down ability would be pretty sweet though if it happens.
I got her 7*. I doubt I'll ever level her. TM's cool for flexibility though.

Everyone is (or was, not so much now, I guess) kvetching about cactuars, but in reality the barrier to using 7* units is pots. I'd love to have fucked around and shared Nalu for a few weeks but no way am I dropping months of power pots into a unit with no future. Shitty system.

e: dropped 3k on this dumbfuck trap banner for dumbfucks fishing for Olive #4, got nothing. Mulled it over, decided to do another 5k (because I'm a dumbfuck) and got her. No ragrets.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't feel too bad. I have been getting tons and tons of VERY OLD blues, liked Krile, Bedile and Rakshasa. Today I also got a gold, Shine.

No rainbows yet.

Yeah mine have been largely old units too come to think of it. I mean it's hard to be too upset since they're all free but I'd really like at least a single rainbow from the month of pulls by the end.

Today's was Crowe so a nice TM at least but I have two of them so far and a third under way so she's just TM fodder now.

But hey UoC is here and I'm really looking forward to that free TT or Hyoh depending on how it works. I can forgive all the bad pulls on that alone

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to evo my Lightning and level her to 110 (only took 1 of my max level cactuars, saving the majority of them for a more futureproof unit, like maybe Loren?) but the amount of investment I still need to make her good is looking prohibitive. I need like 12 power giancrysts to enhance her lightning imperil and the rate the game gives these out is pretty dumb IMO. Do they drop semi-reliably from these story missions (the farmable, cryst-specific later areas?) if I take an e.Xon with Raven Cape? I never seem to have enough time to farm them cause the story events always come sandwiched between and during MK events and I make sure to farm all power giancrysts from those when I can too.

Squall ASF

Oct 29, 2017
Oh look, yet another FFVII banner in Japan....seriously, can you get around to the mainline games that only have a single banner in almost three years that your version has existed? They still need to come out with 5* versions of main characters that got screwed like Zidane and Bartz. Lots of work to do but they keep milking the VII cow. Almost all VII characters are base 5* too lol The most comedic thing is that Yuffie is a 5* base but Barrett a 4*....wat? Zack fans can rejoice :https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/989u2f/jp_maintenance_ff7_raid_zack_yuffie_more_820/

At least it's a Raid so there's still hope that the next mog king will be the second FFVIII, Wazzy! Prepare for disappointment though :p

On this note, it will be cool when all the low star main protag and antag's get 5* versions so that they'll all be strong in time. There's still hope for 5* bases that were done dirty too as we've seen both Ramza and Delita get alternate 5* bases. Should be interesting to see what they do with all these units down the road. You guys can hold off Cid and Jenova until the remake hits, Alim, get to the other games ;p