• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
Falk must have some pretty un-Falk like pulls along the way to be able to sub-30 all the D???s

actually remembered whereas I put Titan etc into my I setup for laughs so I don't have the clear lineup saved to parties anymore, I hadn't touched my XI setup since clear (27.12 according to the Torment page)

h5jV5H2.png

It was one of two realms (other being FFI) I just said screw it and got 3 realm artifacts. Simple dualcast procs + realm artifacts = big hurt.

Not to mention magia, omni resist (not that important for XI), everyone having a 6* ability of some sort, lens selecting Aph USB, full magicite deck, etc. The creep outside of AASBs is real.

Prishe crit USB
Curilla radiant USB
Aphmau party QC USB
Shantotto AD USB
Lion instacast USB

In both cases, it also helps a ton that two slots can p much keep themselves topped up, so for FFXI I saved Aph USB to reapply haste.

Last edited:

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
1/11 Cloud BSB2 dupe. If I'm not wrong, this is my 8th copy of that relic

edit: also, I got 3 1* in a row from the daily. Thats something special as well

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
pulled Tidus LMR on the first day, and I'm just going to hoard the rest of my tickets until I have the remaining 9. I feel like the suspense would be less, and the results less crushing.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
3rd day: Lulu AOSB

Well... I will wait until I have the remaining 7 as well

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
6hAOUhB.png

rekt

Finally swapped OK back out for Tyro cuz 1 layer of Last Stand wasn't cutting it for getting around lack of Wall, and the original strat of just doing RW wall but timing Cometeors to kill earthen walls was... really, really finicky.

edit: FWIW it did take two AASB/glint DPS, even if Terra's Wind stuff isn't nearly as good as her Fire stuff.

edit2: Much less geared-to-the-teeth/optimized than the cheese Physical clear. Terra has the only artifact, magia was nonexistent for both dps. No Faithga since Faris chain and no OK.

Stacking attach definitely makes or breaks this fights a lot more than stats compared to other endgame. We already knew this going in but actually in practice is all kinds of psyduck.

Oct 29, 2017
Good luck to everyone doing Dream draws tonight. I went cold turkey on gem spending a few weeks ago (not even doing the $1 draws) so I will not be partaking in spite of how much I want that Tidus AASB. :)

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also, as a reminder, every selectable AASB is on the black friday ticket pool. So, if you plan to do AASB dream, wait until after using all tickets

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
2/10
Galus USB2 got nothing for him but seems nice.
Haurchefant USB this one is pretty useless right?

Will hold on to the realm ticket until the end of black friday I think.

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Got Tidus OSB from the daily today. It's a dupe. My third 6★ daily dupe in a row (last 6★ non-dupe was 133 days ago).

I no longer feel joy at a daily disco. Three dupes in a row will do that to you.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
3/11 all disco on bf.

Dupe zack USB, dupe Lenna USB (this stings, just grabbed it via lenses) and a USB armor for beyond. +Earth at least.

Realm ticket 4 disco on core.

Tyro osb, usb4 and awakening.
Elarra glint+

Only dupe was that awakening.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't posted in a while, but I *finally* cleared lightning weak Odin yesterday after a ton of attempts. I still kind of hate having to do it, but grabbing Queen's OSB off the lens shop absolutely made the difference (she had full SB gauge by phase 3 and her AASB runs out early in that phase so she had nothing else to do). So that's 2 down now, so offhand I think I'm going to look at dark weak next since I have pretty ridiculous dark options. My top tier stuff at a glance:

-Seifer dived with w-cast LMR, Dark Chain, Dark Radiant Shield BSB2 and x18 hit party IC1 USB2
-Sephiroth dived with enDark LMR, USB2, AOSB and AASB (really thinking about doing the LMR select to get his w-cast...)
-Cloud dived with enDark LMR, Dark Glint, USB1 and Dark AOSB
-Vayne dived with 6* Dark Glint and AASB
-TGC dived with w-cast LMR, USB and AASB

Looking at the fight it looks like you can probably just get away with using Lakshmi to dodge the Sleep attack and Elarra USB rengenga to deal with the Sap (I'm actually not clear if casting the USB1 *before* the Sap will remove the Sap once the next Renenga ticks?). If so I'm not sure if I need two healers really, but also not sure if I need to even bother slotting in a boostega character (Ignis BSB or OK pUSB I suppose) with Seifer's Chain having +ATK built into it. Seifer and Sephiroth are locks for sure along with Elarra (USB1 along with AASB if that's at all relevant) but I'm not sure about my other two slots. Cloud would probably work but not having his dark USB hurts him some here, along side no double heavy cast/charge options. Vayne's got an AASB which is great as well as a w-cast built into his dive and the 6* glint, but I also have zero magia for him (I'm also not sure what dark abilities I would have him run tbh since Seph is using Crimson Cross). TGC also is a good obviously but has no enDark option.

I do also have Nabaat with her w-cast and imperil USB, but I figure more imperil isn't going to be needed with Seifer running an imperil and w-cast (I'm gonna have to finally craft Touched by Darkness aren't I...). I also do have a fully decked out Kuja with literally everything minus his Glint, so I could get him in here with his imperil BSB and just run Necro Countdown into AOSB at the end; he doesn't benefit from the ATK buff from chain, but I would guess he'd cap pretty quick with Necro Countdown anyway?

Edit: I suppose I could also finally grab Tyro Godwall from the lens shop and get him in here with that then use him as an entrustbot or buff or whatever.

Edit 2: Hmm yeah, thinking maybe Tyro/Elarra/Sephiroth/Seifer then either Vayne or TGC. Vayne's got his enDark Glint and AASB, downside is I don't have any magia on him and I don't have another 6* physical ability he can run, so he'd have to run either a 5* or run Necro Countdown which works but doesn't benefit from the ATK buff from Seifer. TGC has magia but doesn't have a source of enDark, and also wouldn't have a 6* ability to run since Crimson Cross is definitely on Seph. Neither has a dark OSB or Arcane for me so no advantage there (which is the only reason Cloud/Kuja were potentials). Thinking Vayne here, even if I have to grind some magia for him first maybe.

Assuming I run Tyro, not sure what to have him do specifically; I do have his IC2 LMR, but otherwise just his feebie SBs, his proshellga/mblink BSB and Godwall if I lens it. Not sure that this team would necessarily need an entrustbot?

Edit 3: Hmm, looking at Reddit clears it seems like every single one that used Tyro at all was primarily for USB4 on top of Godwall (if Godwall was used at all) and I don't have his USB4. I *do* have Elarra's USB2 along with USB1/AASB, maybe still worth bringing Tyro in having him cast Godwall, then entrustbot Elarra for her to get her USB2 off?

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Should be pretty easy for ya. I didn't have seph or tyro crit at the time.

Used Riku, vayne, seifer, maybe Rosa and probably tyro for godwall and entrusting.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't posted in a while, but I *finally* cleared lightning weak Odin yesterday after a ton of attempts. I still kind of hate having to do it, but grabbing Queen's OSB off the lens shop absolutely made the difference (she had full SB gauge by phase 3 and her AASB runs out early in that phase so she had nothing else to do). So that's 2 down now, so offhand I think I'm going to look at dark weak next since I have pretty ridiculous dark options. My top tier stuff at a glance:

-Seifer dived with w-cast LMR, Dark Chain, Dark Radiant Shield BSB2 and x18 hit party IC1 USB2
-Sephiroth dived with enDark LMR, USB2, AOSB and AASB (really thinking about doing the LMR select to get his w-cast...)
-Cloud dived with enDark LMR, Dark Glint, USB1 and Dark AOSB
-Vayne dived with 6* Dark Glint and AASB
-TGC dived with w-cast LMR, USB and AASB

Looking at the fight it looks like you can probably just get away with using Lakshmi to dodge the Sleep attack and Elarra USB rengenga to deal with the Sap (I'm actually not clear if casting the USB1 *before* the Sap will remove the Sap once the next Renenga ticks?). If so I'm not sure if I need two healers really, but also not sure if I need to even bother slotting in a boostega character (Ignis BSB or OK pUSB I suppose) with Seifer's Chain having +ATK built into it. Seifer and Sephiroth are locks for sure along with Elarra (USB1 along with AASB if that's at all relevant) but I'm not sure about my other two slots. Cloud would probably work but not having his dark USB hurts him some here, along side no double heavy cast/charge options. Vayne's got an AASB which is great as well as a w-cast built into his dive and the 6* glint, but I also have zero magia for him (I'm also not sure what dark abilities I would have him run tbh since Seph is using Crimson Cross). TGC also is a good obviously but has no enDark option.

I do also have Nabaat with her w-cast and imperil USB, but I figure more imperil isn't going to be needed with Seifer running an imperil and w-cast (I'm gonna have to finally craft Touched by Darkness aren't I...). I also do have a fully decked out Kuja with literally everything minus his Glint, so I could get him in here with his imperil BSB and just run Necro Countdown into AOSB at the end; he doesn't benefit from the ATK buff from chain, but I would guess he'd cap pretty quick with Necro Countdown anyway?

Edit: I suppose I could also finally grab Tyro Godwall from the lens shop and get him in here with that then use him as an entrustbot or buff or whatever.

Edit 2: Hmm yeah, thinking maybe Tyro/Elarra/Sephiroth/Seifer then either Vayne or TGC. Vayne's got his enDark Glint and AASB, downside is I don't have any magia on him and I don't have another 6* physical ability he can run, so he'd have to run either a 5* or run Necro Countdown which works but doesn't benefit from the ATK buff from Seifer. TGC has magia but doesn't have a source of enDark, and also wouldn't have a 6* ability to run since Crimson Cross is definitely on Seph. Neither has a dark OSB or Arcane for me so no advantage there (which is the only reason Cloud/Kuja were potentials). Thinking Vayne here, even if I have to grind some magia for him first maybe.

Assuming I run Tyro, not sure what to have him do specifically; I do have his IC2 LMR, but otherwise just his feebie SBs, his proshellga/mblink BSB and Godwall if I lens it. Not sure that this team would necessarily need an entrustbot?

Edit 3: Hmm, looking at Reddit clears it seems like every single one that used Tyro at all was primarily for USB4 on top of Godwall (if Godwall was used at all) and I don't have his USB4. I *do* have Elarra's USB2 along with USB1/AASB, maybe still worth bringing Tyro in having him cast Godwall, then entrustbot Elarra for her to get her USB2 off?
Well, you do have the tools for dark weak.

Tyro USB4 is a critfix, and since Seph USB2 is a 50% critfix and TGC AASB is a 100% critfix, you should be ok without it. His USB3 is very nice to have though, since dark weak uses a lot of non piercing moves

Tyro/Elarra/Seph/Seifer/TGC seems to be the best

Also, create/hone Touched by Darkness (R3 is enough for Odin, imo). Seifer can keep using TbD to imperil, while Seph spam DC. You can bring a self doom (like memento mori) + reaping scythe on TGC, since reaping scythe multiplier almost doubles if the user has doom. It almost matches the DC multiplier (1.0 vs 1.07), although its only 4 hits. Note that, both self doom abilities have a +30% atk or mag, so bring the magical version (memento mori) to not overwrite seifer's +50% atk buff

Next, regenga can overwrite sap, but sap will overwrite regenga as well, after every sap you need to recast Elarra USB1 to keep the regenga effect.

Also, don't forget that Lakshmi will constantly overflow heal Odin - unicorn is safer to use

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I need an adult to help me with some sort of rough turn order or something because dark weak Odin is completely curbstomping me, as in I literally cannot even clear phase one. I'm running:

Tyro w/Wrath & Entrust (USB3)
TGC w/MM & Reaping Scythe (AASB)
Sephiroth w/LS & Demon's Cross (USB2/AASB/AOSB)
Seifer w/LS and Touched by Darkness (Chain/BSB2)
Elarra w/Warriors Hymn & Curaga (USB1/USB2)

Ultimately my issue is by the time I get chain/AASBs going, I'm dead because he's in Rage level 2 or 3 and is doing absurd damage to me even with Godwall up and elemental resists. I had a really hard time finding any videos or reddit clears that used this team because it seems like 95% of the internet used Riku for this. I've got Tyro and Elarra with MM/DMT; Tyro pops USB3 under his 2nd IC2 LMR command as soon as the turn 2 dispelga comes up, and Elarra needs full bar for early heals or I die. I'm running TGC with his IC3 LMR in the interest of getting things going faster and Seph is LS'ing, but it's just still not quick enough. If I entrust bars to anyone other than Elarra I die because I get basically one shot if I'm not at full health. I'm running Unicorn primary magicite for the Astra on turn 10 Sleepja (which I haven't actually gotten to ONCE) then fairly standard Ark w/double dark boost, double ATK Madeen, double ward/HP Boon Famfrit and double holy dampen Deathgaze. And not having Ark to help break Rage is going to be a *problem* even if I can clear this starting hump, but unless I wanna bring Larsa USB and use him as an entrustbot instead I got nothing really viable in terms of Astras here. I could also try Ingnis BSB then use him as an entrustbot maybe, but I don't know that I would have enough leeway to do anything but pop the SB then entrustbot (the couple videos I watched the entrustbot had no wasted turns) so the SB damage buff would be nice but I probably wouldn't benefit from the C2 command to jack up Seph or whatever.

The only things I'm really finding online that are any help is to pop at least one Fabula Mage early in Phase one (which would obviously help), but outside of super stacked teams (even more than mine) I'm seeing lots of clears completely forgoing any sort of protection and using the entrustbot for Aerith USB2, and she does nothing but her USB2 and just runs Hastega + Omega Weapon or something similar, and a lot of these same teams out DPS phase 2 quickly enough where they can run Ark because they hit phase 3 before turn 10 on phase 2 so the Sleepja is a non-issue. I'm also seeing most TGC clears using LS + Crimson Cross which would help me get up a bit faster (at the expense of loosing the Doom boost on Reaping Scythe) but most of those clears also have his AOSB which I don't have, so I'm worried that popping his AASB that quick will make him useless by the end.

I've got to be missing something fundamentally obvious here. I'm annoyeddddddd

Edit: I tried swapping out Elarra for Aerith USB2 and burning Fabula Mage earlier, and I get up and running but still die at about 50-60%. His DPS is too much for me to survive without both rengenga AND Last Stand (and I only have one or the other), and I frequently am not breaking cap with TGC unless there are no rage levels present, which is made worse by me not having the option to use Ark here. I am just not able to wrap my head around this fight at all, and I just cannot find a team close enough to mine with a clear for guidance. Either I have to burn every possible resource to survive the initial hump but then die afterwards, or if I roll normally like I would any other hard fight I die before things can get going, and either way his DPS is just too much even with magicite/godwall/resists up. I've really got fucking no idea.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I need an adult to help me with some sort of rough turn order or something because dark weak Odin is completely curbstomping me, as in I literally cannot even clear phase one. I'm running:

Tyro w/Wrath & Entrust (USB3)
TGC w/MM & Reaping Scythe (AASB)
Sephiroth w/LS & Demon's Cross (USB2/AASB/AOSB)
Seifer w/LS and Touched by Darkness (Chain/BSB2)
Elarra w/Warriors Hymn & Curaga (USB1/USB2)

Ultimately my issue is by the time I get chain/AASBs going, I'm dead because he's in Rage level 2 or 3 and is doing absurd damage to me even with Godwall up and elemental resists. I had a really hard time finding any videos or reddit clears that used this team because it seems like 95% of the internet used Riku for this. I've got Tyro and Elarra with MM/DMT; Tyro pops USB3 under his 2nd IC2 LMR command as soon as the turn 2 dispelga comes up, and Elarra needs full bar for early heals or I die. I'm running TGC with his IC3 LMR in the interest of getting things going faster and Seph is LS'ing, but it's just still not quick enough. If I entrust bars to anyone other than Elarra I die because I get basically one shot if I'm not at full health. I'm running Unicorn primary magicite for the Astra on turn 10 Sleepja (which I haven't actually gotten to ONCE) then fairly standard Ark w/double dark boost, double ATK Madeen, double ward/HP Boon Famfrit and double holy dampen Deathgaze. And not having Ark to help break Rage is going to be a *problem* even if I can clear this starting hump, but unless I wanna bring Larsa USB and use him as an entrustbot instead I got nothing really viable in terms of Astras here. I could also try Ingnis BSB then use him as an entrustbot maybe, but I don't know that I would have enough leeway to do anything but pop the SB then entrustbot (the couple videos I watched the entrustbot had no wasted turns) so the SB damage buff would be nice but I probably wouldn't benefit from the C2 command to jack up Seph or whatever.

The only things I'm really finding online that are any help is to pop at least one Fabula Mage early in Phase one (which would obviously help), but outside of super stacked teams (even more than mine) I'm seeing lots of clears completely forgoing any sort of protection and using the entrustbot for Aerith USB2, and she does nothing but her USB2 and just runs Hastega + Omega Weapon or something similar, and a lot of these same teams out DPS phase 2 quickly enough where they can run Ark because they hit phase 3 before turn 10 on phase 2 so the Sleepja is a non-issue. I'm also seeing most TGC clears using LS + Crimson Cross which would help me get up a bit faster (at the expense of loosing the Doom boost on Reaping Scythe) but most of those clears also have his AOSB which I don't have, so I'm worried that popping his AASB that quick will make him useless by the end.

I've got to be missing something fundamentally obvious here. I'm annoyeddddddd

Edit: I tried swapping out Elarra for Aerith USB2 and burning Fabula Mage earlier, and I get up and running but still die at about 50-60%. His DPS is too much for me to survive without both rengenga AND Last Stand (and I only have one or the other), and I frequently am not breaking cap with TGC unless there are no rage levels present, which is made worse by me not having the option to use Ark here. I am just not able to wrap my head around this fight at all, and I just cannot find a team close enough to mine with a clear for guidance. Either I have to burn every possible resource to survive the initial hump but then die afterwards, or if I roll normally like I would any other hard fight I die before things can get going, and either way his DPS is just too much even with magicite/godwall/resists up. I've really got fucking no idea.

I don't know if this will help, but this is basically what I followed iirc, try swapping Riku for tgc and see what happens? Good luck.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I might have brought fabula priestess for that one.

Today's pull alph bUsb and Laguna ability double USB. Love it.

Last edited:

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm, some interesting choices there including Ace Striker/MM on the DPS which wouldn't have been my first thought. I can replicate some of this (Seph minus the w-cast LMR, Elarra and Seifer) but not all. Tyro USB4 is a staple in many clears I'm seeing and I just don't have it, and I don't have Riku's AASB. Swapping in TGC for Riku is also suboptimal because no enDark for TGC, and I also do not have his AOSB which is going to hurt at the end, which was also my problem with thunder weak (lack of OSB/AOSB at the end, and grabbing that Queen OSB was the deciding factor). Even if I swap Vayne in over TGC since I have his 6* glint and AASB, I still don't have an OSB/AOSB for him either so not sure that's any better really.

My takeaway in looking at all of these various Odin clears is that Tyro's USB4 is stupid good

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Yesterday pull LMR/10: Rinoa (dupe)

Today 4/10
Bartz AASB (dupe)
Sarah USB1
Rufus QC LMR
Bartz LMR (much more spell blade when sword equipped)

Only one dupe but what a dupe :)

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Mr. Daravon:

I was going to say, that dark-weak Odin is likely the hardest of the Odins, and that even with an abundance of firepower you were likely going to get stomped. Guess I was too late with the warning.

I don't have any specific advice for you at this time. I will note some things:

1) Tyro USB1 is extremely good for this fight. My dark-weak Odin clear used Tyro USB1 only, and Elarra USB1/USB2 (i.e. no Last Stand, only one source of Astra). If you don't pick it up from BF draws, strongly consider getting it with Lenses.

2) If he's killing you at full HP and it's not the overstrike Holy Diaja, then you don't have enough HP. You need to run 3x HP Boons, Crystal water, magia, etc. You absolutely need over 10,000 HP for all characters so you can tank 9999 hits.

3) Consider running Cloud. No AASB, but En-Dark, Dark Glint and USB1 and bolstered by Elarra USB2 means he should have no trouble breaking Savage with Heavy abilities. He also will not run out of steam unless your en-dark runs out, which it shouldn't with Glint (if the fight goes on long enough for Cloud's en-dark to run out, you definitely aren't winning).

4) If you can make it to Phase 3 with healthy chain, you should be in good position to win. Gen 2 chain + elemental radiant shield is absolutely top tier DPS for P3 Odin, and Seifer USB2 spam will help you with whatever SBs you'll be spamming at that point (likely Seph USB2 and Cloud USB1 - don't drop their AOSBs until the absolutely last turn).

For the record, my dark-weak Odin clear was Cloud (everything dark), Seifer CSB/BSSB2/SSB2, Tyro USb1, Elarra USB1/USb2, and SHelke.

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just keep in mind, without Cloud's USB3 (or dark AASB for the record), you can only do the 2x charge > Evil Swing combo 2 times before USB1 runs out

It may be possible to do 3 times if you have 2 charges before using USB1 though

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta stay strong, have held off on all pulls (except for the 1st black friday ticket we got), so just a few more days then I can cash in.

Aren't we getting SASB soon? I'm still foggy on it, but does SASB break damage cap like AASB?

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta stay strong, have held off on all pulls (except for the 1st black friday ticket we got), so just a few more days then I can cash in.

Aren't we getting SASB soon? I'm still foggy on it, but does SASB break damage cap like AASB?
Next event should be Earth Chocobo with Tifa's SASB.

Also yes, SASBs have damage cap lv +1, like AASBs

ShinUltima

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Trinidad, West Indies
Earth Chocobo event with Tifa SASB drops Wednesday at daily login time, same time as when maintenance ends and Ramuh drops.

At least that's what the announcement says.

Last edited: