Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
With all the great texture mods for the ps1 games on pc lately I'm all for weird shit like this lol. Have the originals rendered pristinely if you want them and they run on toasters

Sure we will get more platforms later

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
FF7: Remake Remastered Remake Rebuilt Remade Remastered.

a88.jpg

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
They should remake a lot of PS1 / super nes game with this kind of graphics ( only keeping chibi for combat too)

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I don't have a phone that can play games and I don't think I'll ever spend that much for one, but damnit if this isn't the first to make me change my mind.
Of course it's port begging but I just wish there was another way to play :(

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like more what i hoped for originally than the remake they made. Loved the remake and super pumped for Ever Crisis. Its like all walks of fans get their remake dream titles!

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Have any of the interviews brought up the combat? It looks very simplified.

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
So wait, if Ever Crisis is supposed to be a remake of the entire Compilation, does that mean EC is going to contain another remake of FFVII? Is SE making two FFVII remakes at the same time?

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This Ever Crisis shit seems really ambitious.

I think it's a mistake to have made it mobile-only.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Scorpion battle with aerith? Almost 9k of hp and dmg? And summons already? I assume this is all gacha shenanigans.
But man, it looks really good so far..i hope they bring it to consoles and pc eventually.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
This is the look i wanted for the remake actually...
But why are they showing the normal remake battle in the trailer ? Ho no i understood so that's a new battle system, simplified, but it looks like the remake one.

I mean if they do all that work of having a proper chibi/2d background remake of FFVII and it's not to give us the actual game with a proper system, what a waste

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
This is totally coming to Switch at some point like FF XV Pocket Edition right? Because this is basically all I wanted for the remake... Higher resolution models / backgrounds and a redone localization.

A shame this is going to be gacha'd to hell since the materia system would make that really easy to do.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
that looks so amazing. So happy they are making this especially for you old school rpg fans. Hopefully it'll come to switch or other consoles

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
The cutscenes look amazing but the battles look awful. From interviews it sounds like they are beyond busy, but man I'd love a proper remake of FFVII with those assets.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
God dammit. Is a Crisis Core remaster really too much to ask for? The game doesn't deserve to be stuck on the PSP, and only in physical form to boot.

...with that said, I'll probably still check this out because I'm a sucker 😂

Is crisis core in this game? I couldn't tell and it's the only final fantasy vii offshoot I'm interested in. And since I never had a psp I'll never get to play it unless they port it elsewhere.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Is crisis core in this game? I couldn't tell and it's the only final fantasy vii offshoot I'm interested in. And since I never had a psp I'll never get to play it unless they port it elsewhere.

Yes. its in the list near the end of the trailer. There's a clip of Zack running across the train roof just after that too:

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a similar release to Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and XV: Pocket Edition, which also started as Mobile only.
In those, the first episodes were free, then all later episodes were purchased as DLC.
Both of them also got Complete Edition console ports once all the episodes were out.
The After Years even had a fully explorable world map and side quests despite being episodic.

Battle system looks similar to XIII or X-2 to me, where the characters move around the battle arena and do fancy looking combos, but it's just for show.
Uses the look and animations from VIIR, but it's actually all command based.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
This could be amazing.

Murdamonk

Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering if modders will be able to rip stuff (character, background) from this game and put it in the original ffvii pc version.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
XV Pocket Edition came to consoles the same year as mobile, it was like what, February and September? March and November? Hopefully this will come to consoles and PC and stuff the same way. I guess it depends if they do an episodic release or all at once. Episodic I could see them releasing the "definitive edition" after all the chapters came out on mobile.

Either way, weird time when I'll probably be playing two of the JRPGs I'm most excited about for the near future on my Apple TV.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a similar release to Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and XV: Pocket Edition, which also started as Mobile only.
In those, the first episodes were free, then all later episodes were purchased as DLC.
Both of them also got Complete Edition console ports once all the episodes were out.
The After Years even had a fully explorable world map and side quests despite being episodic.

Battle system looks similar to XIII or X-2 to me, where the characters move around the battle arena and do fancy looking combos, but it's just for show.
Uses the look and animations from VIIR, but it's actually all command based.

This could be amazing.
Playable AC is mindblowing

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
So is this going to outpace the story of the remake?

My hot take conspiracy theory that isn't really a conspiracy theory is that Ever Crisis will stick pretty much exactly to the original story, maybe even simplifying some elements of the compilation games, and serve as a one stop reminder for all the back story and world building that Remake will continue to be built on.

Yes I expect the story to outpace remake, but I also expect remake to continue to diverge from the original story and create like a sort of alternate timeline that's at once deeper and different than the original game, and brings in a lot of stuff from the compilation.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This could be amazing.
The more I think about it, the more I come to this conclusion also. Hope it delivers at the end of the day.

Also, I don't expect this to have every little bit of FF VII, there will be probably a lot of cuts when it comes to story, and it will stick to what is essential.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said if the episodes will be released in chronological order?

Or just random chapters throughout the timeline like an anthology thing?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Fantasian...?
Man I'm trying to contain the hype on that one, but I feel like it's going to be amazing... despite knowing nothing about it!

Correct! I'm not expecting it to be a huge game or anything, but I like Sakaguchis work, it's exciting to see Mistwalker return to more traditional RPGs, even if it's a smaller one, and I love the way it looks, so uniquely lovely.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it comes to switch like XV Pocket I'll look forward to it and play it.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Correct! I'm not expecting it to be a huge game or anything, but I like Sakaguchis work, it's exciting to see Mistwalker return to more traditional RPGs, even if it's a smaller one, and I love the way it looks, so uniquely lovely.
Yeah it's a stunner, feels like the evolution/finalisation of pre-rendered backdrops, giving it a retro and yet futuristic 'photo-real' (literally) look. It's good just to see him still creating, here's hoping for the best :)

Nonagon

Jan 2, 2020
I don't know why they did that, but Aerith appearing along with Leviathan at the Scorpion boss is a throwback to one of the demos of the original FF7.

Originally the story of FF7 was supposed to only involve Cloud, Barret and Aeris. It's only when development moved along that they scrapped that idea and added Tifa.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really like the portrait artwork, but does Barrett's look a bit unfinished? 🤔

I actually love the idea with the mobile titles. Hope it works out, I think it could be a pretty interesting project.

Last edited:

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really like the portrait artwork, but does Barrett's look a bit unfinished? 🤔

I actually love the idea with the mobile titles. Good for this, hope it works out, I'd love this small glow-up for the games/spinoffs.

I didn't think of as unfinished but it's different now that you point it out?

Given so much of the art work shows a much more muted color pallet that say Cloud or Jessie cause of skin vs clothes, it seemed like the artist tried to add more colors by making some aspects of Barret almost translucent to keep the dark colors and not white wash any aspect of it.

I think we see a bit of that same thing on Biggs' neck but it was certainly applied more heavily to Barret.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
If you keep up with it right from the start, you'll be paying monthly for each new chapter but I guess that's about the whole catch. Depending on pricing of the chapters, might end up going well past the $60 mark but no idea what pricing will actually be yet.

Eh, I mean, FFXV Pocket Edition let you just purchase the entire game in one transaction even before all the chapters were out. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a purchase option.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Did you all see this?:

How disappointing.

I mean this was super expected. If chapter updates are free and the game is comfortably free to play then who cares? Gacha items and costumes don't really bother me lol. They have a decent track record with having gacha mechanics in their mobile titles that don't really impede progress.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Can you imagine?

"ugh gotta pull and get lucky on the gacha so sephiroth can kill this green dragon"

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I mean this was super expected. If chapter updates are free and the game is comfortably free to play then who cares? Gacha items and costumes don't really bother me lol. They have a decent track record with having gacha mechanics in their mobile titles that don't really impede progress.
Did FFXVPE have them?

Last edited: