• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Coop bomb event is so frustrating. Too many players don't understand the mechanics and got the useless materia equipped for it so it's just multiple failures. I just need one completion for the daily. Failed 4 times so far. Gonna keep trying until I get a win.

edit: finally found 2 randos who beat it easily. Finally

You can just instantly tell in the lobby. Auto equip puts cure in the third material slot, unless they're using a weapon with sigil boost.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
BLEGH another Yuffie banner that's an easy pass for me it looks like I'll continue to save my Crystals.

I have a quick question in case someone here knows is the battle music from the Valentine's Event a new song or is it a remix of something old? Because I don't recognize it.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
BLEGH another Yuffie banner that's an easy pass for me it looks like I'll continue to save my Crystals.

I have a quick question in case someone here knows is the battle music from the Valentine's Event a new song or is it a remix of something old? Because I don't recognize it.

Pretty sure its the battle music for the collapsed highway in remake.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled for Yuffie weapon/outfit. 15K so not terrible. I need more wind DPS, and this will be a good opportunity.

Was able to get Barrett's Assault Gun to OB6 though to get to High PDEF boost.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Got the latest Yuffie outfit with all my saved gems. Love the concept of her being a waitress beating up enemies with a diner tray lol

GFMTkglW4AAoKAd

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
Got the latest Yuffie outfit with all my saved gems. Love the concept of her being a waitress beating up enemies with a diner tray lol

GFMTkglW4AAoKAd

Nice!

Did you stop at the outfit, or did you go futher to the 2nd page?

I think I'll be continuing saving my crystals again for the next banner. Maybe a Rebirth one is coming.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I caught myself idling in the new event's menus just to listen to the music lol. Such a catchy remix.

xtien

Apr 21, 2019
I caught myself idling in the new event's menus just to listen to the music lol. Such a catchy remix.

Yeah, as much as I've been enjoying the game overall, the remixed music has been a key part of it. Amazing how they can take even the quirky weird tunes from the old OST and make them so catchy.

(For those unable to place it, this Valentine's song is a remixed version of Honeybee Inn.)

Noah Om

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get everyone but young sephiroth and zack to level 70. Most of my characters were only level 30 or even around 20 so this event was a massive help lol. I still managed to get zack to 63 and sephiroth to 55 so im pretty happy overall.

I'm so tempted to pull on the new Yuffie banner. I got her weapon/outfit from the last banner so trying to decide if I want to save or do it again. 😅

Is level 8 the max level for the event currently?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am GREATLY enjoying the slowdown this week. The event not being stamina-based, and the 3xticket runs coming means I don't have to stress at all.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I'm working hard with the Stamina is for the wallpaper from event.

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
Pulled for the Aerith outfit, didn't get a 2nd copy of the new weapon, but I did get a few wishlist weapons, so I can't be too upset.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I *MIGHT* pull for the weapon, or just wishlist it later. I think now I'm in the Arcanum or VERY COOL LOOKING outfit mode.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
i'm on the fence about Aerith outfit. looks okay, i think i wanna wait for Tifa instead.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
saw a review of the new Aerith outfit and it's good for the stats/ability. ugh, dammit.

i might end up pulling. has there been any reveals for Tifa's outfit?

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Welp there it is February 15 for the Rebirth crossover event I hope you guys have been saving your Blue Crystals.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I should be around 30k crystals during the crossover. Will be interesting to see what we get.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Welp there it is February 15 for the Rebirth crossover event I hope you guys have been saving your Blue Crystals.

I have 9k so far. No big deal. If the costumes are really good, I'll have to dolphin a bit. At least I know I can skip Aerith outfit now.

I didn't watch the SoP cuz I feared seeing more stuff so I dunno if they revealed the outfits already.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the SoP cuz I feared seeing more stuff so I dunno if they revealed the outfits already.
They didn't show any Ever Crisis content however if they are taking the lazy route and they are simply recycling alternative outfits that did show up in that State of Play that's something I can't really be sure of but if they do go down this route I would buy the hilariously looking Red XIII in the Shinra Soldier outfit even if I don't really use him.

As for me I have 43K Blue Crystals right and of course I will have more by the time the Crossover starts.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't show any Ever Crisis content however if they are taking the lazy route and they are simply recycling alternative outfits that did show up in that State of Play that's something I can't really be sure of but if they do go down this route I would buy the hilariously looking Red XIII in the Shinra Soldier outfit even if I don't really use him.

As for me I have 43K Blue Crystals right and of course I will have more by the time the Crossover starts.

I haven't liked any of Red's outfits so far but a Shinra outfit might be worth lol

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have 2,000 crystals and will be using them on the current Aerith banner once i get back to 3k

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
Just a PSA for the upcoming Crossover event...if its anything like the FF9 one, you may not be able to wishlist the weapons later. Something to consider if you don't get lucky with the weapon pulls.

I have a Zidane Sword that has been OB2 for months because of this. However, I personally go for the outfits for my main 3.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Not too worried about collab weapons. So far I've gotten most and I never wishlisted or pulled for them. They were just random drops when I was pulling for other stuff. I got the Zidane sword a few times. Really happy they're all in the loot pool.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I was just reading the notifications for the Dungeon Ranking and despite the fact that we just had 2 Wind Damage Banners the upcoming Dungeon Ranking is asking for Fire and Thunder damage which isn't how they usually operate these sort of things.

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
I was just reading the notifications for the Dungeon Ranking and despite the fact that we just had 2 Wind Damage Banners the upcoming Dungeon Ranking is asking for Fire and Thunder damage which isn't how they usually operate these sort of things.

They usually don't have multiple events in a row with the same weakness and resistance. I expect the next dungeon ranking to be wind.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
They usually don't have multiple events in a row with the same weakness and resistance. I expect the next dungeon ranking to be wind.
Well it doesn't really concern me because I didn't pull on Yuffie or Areith it's more of a I hope you pull on those two for their outfit and not the usage of their weapon type of thing.

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
I am going to enjoy this moment...even briefly...I am #1 on my Ranking Group!

My party has come far. My Aerith with Bahamut can not be stopped! I am at 2.3+ million on my first blind run. Not too shabby!

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I've grown to really like the monthly content drop. Wish it was more often, but digging into new content and getting lots of stuff is super fun.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ that new chapter boss was a pain in the ass. Had to move to my Free Party to squeeze by, lol.

Capricorn

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The new story chapter was pretty good, hands down the best First Soldier one so far! (Although to be fair, the bar was fairly low...)

I wonder why there's no Criterion dungeon this time, though. According to the discord datamine channel there were some references to a dungeon mission related to avoiding certain enemy encounters, perhaps they were trying to do something new but they couldn't get it to work in time?

I hope it's something like that, and not a sign of things to come for future chapters too. I totally get that Criterion dungeons are probably a one and done thing for most people and perhaps the time spent in adding them could be better spent elsewhere; but between that, the recent reruns and not getting free event costumes any more I'm just not seeing where is that manpower being reallocated just yet, which is even more surprising considering that their NieR game is shutting down... Hopefully there'll be a blowout once Rebirth releases :)

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
I totally get that Criterion dungeons are probably a one and done thing for most people and perhaps the time spent in adding them could be better spent elsewhere; but between that, the recent reruns and not getting free event costumes any more I'm just not seeing where is that manpower being reallocated just yet, which is even more surprising considering that their NieR game is shutting down... Hopefully there'll be a blowout once Rebirth releases :)
Personally I think they were expecting a certain level of support from the publisher and they proceeded to blow their load way too early so now they are stuck releasing only what they can actually produce and the weird thing is that despite this they STILL haven't started to rotate old outfits back into the game

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
The event is up!

I already drew the Tifa outfit it only cost me 22K Blue Crystals and part of me does want the Red XIII outift even thou he's not a main character I use but I will wait to see what the next Banner is before I pull and also "Guest" Character my butt this event is basically a preview towards getting adult Sepiroth as a playable character some day if you ask me.

I will say thou I really liked the Valentines Event and it's my favorite Event we had so far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Pulled until I got Red's new outfit because of course I did.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, got luckiest stamp ever and managed to get Tifa's new outfit. I went way over what I needed cuz of the last stamp after getting her outfit. Got her new weapon twice from stamps and one extra from random drops. Overboosted 3 times and got the wallpaper, woohoo.

Cloud's Skysplitter also dropped twice during it. Super lucky pulls and I didn't need to spend. i can already save with all the free gems they're giving out this month, :D

GGb2Ga6WMAAkSIC

GGb2m8RXkAAZ8rp

Last edited:

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I like is that Tifa's costume has the exact same effects as her FF9 limited one. So, I don't have the urge to grab it. I might go for Red's though. Just to show support for my boy.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pulled for Red's outfit after all. Lucked out and only needed 12k to get it. Only got one copy of Tifa's gloves tho. Will wait and see the next banner or two before deciding if I want to go deeper on the banner.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, got luckiest stamp ever and managed to get Tifa's new outfit. I went way over what I needed cuz of the last stamp after getting her outfit. Got her new weapon twice from stamps and one extra from random drops. Overboosted 3 times and got the wallpaper, woohoo.

Cloud's Skysplitter also dropped twice during it. Super lucky pulls and I didn't need to spend. i can already save with all the free gems they're giving out this month, :D

GGb2Ga6WMAAkSIC

GGb2m8RXkAAZ8rp
HEEHAA

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I like is that Tifa's costume has the exact same effects as her FF9 limited one. So, I don't have the urge to grab it. I might go for Red's though. Just to show support for my boy.

It's not the exact same effects, it's a double attack boost. The FF9 one had an HP boost and physical ability

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
So...I got insanely lucky and got Tifa's Guide Gloves at OB6 and her outfit. I didn't even need to go any further than page 2.

Now my Tifa is easily my strongest Phy DPS far surpassing my Cloud with an average of 3900 in PATK. Her Guide gloves with her FF9 gloves is super OP. I guess Cloud is going to have to be my healer now lol.

Tifa's New Outfit also has a separate phy stat boost than the FF9 one, where you can get that from weapons and sub weapons.