• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
omg wow

Did they also fix the wrong music playing during the sequence about Cloud's past? That was the other big issue.

Fix all this shit on PS4 as well plz

Kanann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some folks email spamming the request for bug fix not long ago, me included.
It's work huh?

But I requested for FFIX goddammit...

Schlauchkopf

Alt-account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
The Switch version is the PS4 version, which is the Xbox Version, which is the PC version. They all suffer from the same issues.

Funyn thing about the PC Version...they *did* actually fix the music glitch in that one...*before* the PS4 port even came out.

The PC Version still has the gaping mouth-holes on character models though, so the Switch version has one advantage now.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
They fixed this on the Switch, but as far as I'm aware, this is still an issue on literally every other version. Even PC mods haven't fixed it yet, lol.

Switch the definitive version! Unless they didn't also patch the flashback song loop when Cloud chucks Sephiroth down the reactor, which is an issue on every other version. Then the Switch isn't the definitive version until they do.
Apparently that was fixed:
Patch is out on Switch that fixes the music bug!!!

Edit: in response to the previous post, yes. I have a save file before the Temple of the Ancients, and it's completely fixed.

No idea what else was patched, but at least the music bug is now squashed.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It would be nice if they fix all of the bugs so i don't need the reunion mod, which forces me to use the damn re-translation, which i don't want. Good on Square on fixing this one though, it's been around since the 90's PC port.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Ooof this is huge. FF9 when?

This was the only thing preventing me from x-tuple dipping for these...

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
If FFIX gets patched like this, I will double dip on that version. With this patch I am tempted to buy FFVII again on Switch.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It would be very on brand for Square-Enix to only patch one of the FF7 releases. Hopefully 9 isn't far behind.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Have it on PS4, but may double dip if Switch is only version to get this patch.

Also, how is the FFX port? Any issues on PS4 and/or Switch?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I refuse to buy the Switch version after having to deal with the unpatched glitch on PS4 for literally years. Fuck Square Enix all the way to the moon if they don't patch this shit out in all versions.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I looked a few weeks ago, and the music in the scene I mentioned looping into generic field music instead of it's proper cue was still a problem, even with mods.
There is quite a few music mods, honestly i couldn't tell you which one fixes all the bugs, but im sure at least a couple do. i know for one of them they looked into each scene on the PSX & made the music play exact.

Arkain

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, Switch is now the definitive version. Have fun, you Switch people! I have to deal with disc swapping; I'm not buying the PC version until it has the same fixes.

Just reinstalled FF7 on steam to quickly check (no mods), because I played it last year and I didn't remember these bugs.

Field music continues properly after battle, and if you mean the
true memory of Cloud tossing Sephiroth into the reactor during the flashback in Mideel
, I loaded a save and didn't notice anything strange there either.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was debating whether to grab it on Steam or Switch, but these bugs being fixed and the portability might push me over the edge.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just reinstalled FF7 on steam to quickly check (no mods), because I played it last year and I didn't remember these bugs.

Field music continues properly after battle, and if you mean the
true memory of Cloud tossing Sephiroth into the reactor during the flashback in Mideel
, I loaded a save and didn't notice anything strange there either.
Well then, I was have been looking at some outdated stuff. Now I have no reason to not buy the game again.

Deleted member 39353

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Does the switch version have the same problem the PS4 version did where sometimes an input would be double pressed?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Better late than never. Kinda wish I wasn't already done with 75% of the game(I think? I'm up to
the rocket failing to destroy the meteor).

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
They better do FFIX as well, cause I haven't played that one yet but plan to. I've already played through and finished up FFVII (60hrs) on Switch so this update does nothing for me personally other than not having to read people complain about how they're not purchasing it because of the bug now.

I wasn't expecting SE to bother so its a surprise for sure, too bad Namco/FromSoftware/whoever aren't as good at fixing their shitty audio glitch. Sadly the Dark Souls Switch thing is a million times worse than this FFVII bug ever was too. >_>