• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The next 12 days,
tenor.gif

Hope Square gets it it me in time

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It would be cool if you can move around midgar with the train.

Just imagine a realtime train where you can look around freely while riding on top. And seeing the views. It would be sick! I'm not asking for GTA exploration, but this would be sick. Especially if at different moments you see NPCs driving on the highways and ppl walking around at random sections. The city would feel alive at times, and dead at other times.

510367-925138_20080515_screen003.jpg

mobius-final-fantasy-1280x720.jpg

uywr22bsa1o0g73fdhqj

latest

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
10 days, 10 hours to go. Just wish they'd pull the trigger and release it early for both digital and physical :'(

Apr 19, 2018
I swear, every time I see footage of that Abzu fight and the game goes into the bullet time slow-mo effect right at the musical climax of "Let the Battles Begin", I get goosebumps. Just epic.

Like so, at 4:19 and 5:07:

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, those games were released 6 days early - we're still a while off from the point where we would hear anything anyway.
I know. It's just we don't really have mum and pop shops that break street dates and such, and there are government press conferences every day with updates and closures so it's only a matter of time before stores like EB are closed (which they are preparing for) for who knows how long.

I'm just antsy because people in the US have the game and it's painful with an unclear future.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a local game store here I've pre-ordered the game from for a pick up will be open for 4 hours on April 10th so people can get the game even though it's a national holiday.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Me, with a pick up in store preorder reading about shipments* being done early in Australia: 🤡 🤡 🤡

*my guess is this affects home delivery only.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder how EB will handle this. The release date is Good Friday and no stores are open that day.
It sounds like they would be open since they keep saying they'd be doing things as normal on April 10.

Of course, SE just said the game is being shipped earlier than expected to Europe and Australia so maybe they'll get the go ahead to release the game early to circumvent both the holiday and an impending shut down.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
My Square Enix store order for the 1st Class edition went to initiated status sometime last week and then on Friday or so it changed to 'requested'. I can't tell if requested is one step forward or actually backwards haha. UK here.

Oct 27, 2017
My Square Enix store order for the 1st Class edition went to initiated status sometime last week and then on Friday or so it changed to 'requested'. I can't tell if requested is one step forward or actually backwards haha. UK here.
Yeah, mine order has been being 'prepared' for the last few days (obviously not changing over the weekend). I really wish companies would number the process, there are a lot of fulfilment terms and they don't match across businesses. Really excited for first class edition to arrive. (Also UK here). At least RE3 will tide me over this week!

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
How spoilery was the last Inside FF7R episode?

I'm not a huge spoilerphobe but I have a threshold and episode 1 about reached it.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
How spoilery was the last Inside FF7R episode?

I'm not a huge spoilerphobe but I have a threshold and episode 1 about reached it.
It spoiled new scenes that I definitely would've preferred to have seen for myself so I'm not watching the next one anymore. That said, I really like the sound of the additions they're making. It did its job of getting me more excited, I just wish it didn't have to explicitly spoil new content to do that.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
It spoiled new scenes that I definitely would've preferred to have seen for myself so I'm not watching the next one anymore. That said, I really like the sound of the additions they're making. It did its job of getting me more excited, I just wish it didn't have to explicitly spoil new content to do that.

That's what I thought

If you never played FFVII how have you been avoiding spoilers for over 20 years?

A little dense, aren't ya?

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Where is the discussion going on about Square releasing shit early? I'm wondering how SWE-ERA is handling this? I called Gamestop and they had no idea for example...

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know :(

Like I'm just wishful thinking here. I know about the logistics and contracts and stuff.
I do wonder how much it would cost to just move it up to April 3rd. They're going to make so much money on this thing regardless. This week for all existing preorders, next week for everyone else. Oh well.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Huh my order is preparing for shipping here in Japan. From the square enix store, not sure if anyone else has bought from there

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still holding out hope they might release the digital version say a week early? I have a 3-day weekend coming up for my birthday (4/6) and that'd be amazing
/delusional
I would only accept this if they were able to give us folk who ordered physical copies a way to get in on it as well. Otherwise it would be fucked for folks who ordered physical, especially those that went extra hard and bought the SOLDIER edition.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I would only accept this if they were able to give us folk who ordered physical copies a way to get in on it as well. Otherwise it would be fucked for folks who ordered physical, especially those that went extra hard and bought the SOLDIER edition.
The early release in a lot of regions right now is fucking over digital folks. It's not a very win/win situation at the moment.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Hm...
Digital folk aren't getting their downloads in the early release regions? That sucks. I didn't know that part.
There ain't no easy solution to all of this, that much is obvious.
They made the announcement about physical shipments being done early only a couple of hours ago so it's all a very fluid situation right now, but digital is still pointing to April 10th in those regions with no announcement of it being released early.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is the place for it, but could someone give me the elevator pitch/summary on the FF7 spin-off PSP game? Crisis Core, was it?

When does it take place, and how much does it tie into FF7?

Are there any other FF7 spinoff games?

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
The early release in a lot of regions right now is fucking over digital folks. It's not a very win/win situation at the moment.

They are not fucking over digital folks. These are guaranteed to have the game launch day. Physical buyers don't have that guarantee. With shipping delays they are trying to as many people as possible on launch day. Some might have it a few days early and some will be late.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
They are not fucking over digital folks. These are guaranteed to have the game launch day. Physical buyers don't have that guarantee. With shipping delays they are trying to as many people as possible on launch day. Some might have it a few days early and some will be late.
In terms of the post I quoted, they are.

Someone hoped for a digital early release.
Someone said that would fuck over physical people.
Currently physical is having an advantage of shipping earlier in the majority of regions.

You are right, and I apologise for my wording because the April 10th launch isn't guaranteed but it's like I said, right now it is not win/win for physical or digital people as a whole.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this is the place for it, but could someone give me the elevator pitch/summary on the FF7 spin-off PSP game? Crisis Core, was it?

There's an entire thing called "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII," which is a collection of spin-offs. This includes Crisis Core, a prequel following a major (in the compilation, not FFVII itself) character that leads directly into FFVII. Other titles include Before Crisis, yet another sequel but this time exclusive to mobile devices in Japan. Aside from that, there's also the CG movie Advent Children, which is a sequel that takes place several years later. One of the very cool things about Advent Children now is that the Remake has surpassed its then-stunning visuals. It still looks good today, IMO, but the Remake is ahead of it now. I think I'm missing a few others, like... err, The Way to A Smile? A novella prequel to Advent Children.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Have you played the original FFVII?
There are a couple of spin-off games actually.

There's Dirge of Cerberus on the PS2 where you play as Vincent, ITS NOT GOOD. It takes place after Advent children - so a couple of years after the original game.
Then there's the mobile game Before crisis, where you play as the Turks, it's a prequel to VII.
Crisis Core takes place just before the original FFVII as well. You play as Zack, and if you've played the original that should be all you need to know pretty much.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Have you played the original FFVII?
There are a couple of spin-off games actually.

There's Dirge of Cerberus on the PS2 where you play as Vincent, ITS NOT GOOD. It takes place after Advent children - so a couple of years after the original game.
Then there's the mobile game Before crisis, where you play as the Turks, it's a prequel to VII.
Crisis Core takes place just before the original FFVII as well. You play as Zack, and if you've played the original that should be all you need to know pretty much.

Ya, the original is one of my favorite games ever. I replayed it on PS4 last week in prep for the remake. I've just never played any of the spinoffs. I watched Advent Children a few years back, but I don't remember a single thing about it, except Cloud's motorcycle that had like 6 buster swords hanging off it. Now that the original ff7 is fresh in my mind, it might be worth another look.

Status
Not open for further replies.