• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if Vincent could be incorporated into this. Is it necessary for him to be slumbering in the casket at the Shinra Mansion, like the original, or could they change up things to introduce him early... Hmm.
I'm not sure how you can with him considering he's asleep prior from meeting the party.

I do think we'll get proper introduction for Cait Sith with Yuffie's dlc.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
80€ without owning the PS4 version seems expensive to me, I would have loved it to be around 50/60€. I'll probably get it down the line when it gets cheaper.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the new guy has got to be the most generic Square NPC of all time

Yuffie looks great at least

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Ouch, that next-gen tax. The only redeeming quality of the PS5 versions is that they include Yuffie episode, but that Super Duper Deluxe Edition price is pure instanity. Square, please. I wonder what the Yuffie DLC will be priced at.

Two questions:
1) is Yuffie DLC exclusive to PS5, or are they going to launch it on PS4 as well?
2) Have they mentioned anything about using Dual Sense features?

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Excited to see what the differences are between the two modes

It's gotta be 60fps of course though for a playthrough, it's nice that these consoles have the power to run so many last gen games at 60

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
A Weiss boss battle is something I welcome.

Played DoC when I was a kid so for me to Mike something it only had to look cool. I thought Weiss was Cool dual Weilding Katana.

Of course rewatching DoC now, I realized how bad it is but I'm still a bit nostalgic toward that "Woah, he's so Cool" vibe that I got from Weiss at first.

Hopefully Weiss and Genesis will get a Remake Treatment and become better characters in the long run.

Irene

Feb 22, 2021
Yuffie in this game has all of my yes. She's so perfectly brought to life - just like Tifa, she's exactly how I envisioned her to be when I was playing the OG as a kid.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
So l sold my old copy, what would be the cheapest way of getting the PS5 version? Buy the current version and then I get a free upgrade right?

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
So l sold my old copy, what would be the cheapest way of getting the PS5 version? Buy the current version and then I get a free upgrade right?

Yeah probably get a second hand disc ps4 version then the free upgrade. We don't know how much the yuffi dlc will be though so it could end up cheaper to just buy a ff7: Intergrade deluxe edition or whatever they'll release.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so hype for this. It was a good day for Final Fantasy announcements yesterday. Keep it up, SE!

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about all this, it seems a bit too much like pure fan service. I wander if we'll see Yuffi in this "episode" then not meet her again until the proper time in the main story.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Yuffie's in a separate part from the main quest like FFXV, right? You'd think that's obvious considering Yuffie's lack of association with the rest of that part of the story but......

49a9bb628e16f7821aa0f44dd5ee0c3ee843c775.gifv

Iconic. Would change nothing lol

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
That loading sequence was shortened from 42 seconds to just 2!!

Seems like they've optimised it more than just bruteforcing it. I hope they're able to go the control route and compress the entire game so that it's smaller.
I need some DualSense features please Square!
They mentioned haptic support in their blog post so you're good

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
I'm glad I waited for this. And definitely didn't expect the upgrade to be free. Hopefully June comes fast.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
Yuffie looks soooo good, what a nice surprise it is to see her. I did not expect her to show up until part 2.
Ok, now I need to get a PS5, need that visuals and the photo mode.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Crossing fingers that "favouring performance" it's actually like Performance RT in Miles Morales where it's still dynamic 1440p.

If the game is locked at 1080p then I'll just play in fidelity once again.
No reason for it to be technically speaking, when it ran at 1620p on the Pro

Should be higher than 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.