• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
VJHF7I1.png

Wtf
It's always been that way. Should it be? No.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You first can first meet Yuffie in the Junon area so I think it makes sense to explain why she's there in the first place beyond 'she wants materia' - especially when wutai is being set up to be a much bigger deal.

Also I feel like we're going to wutai in part 2 so hopefully that means they can get all the way to the end of disc1. Might be wishful thinking though.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
My guess is they will change her costume for her actual appearance in Pt. 2. They just wanted to use her original costume for the DLC.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What am I not getting here? What is the issue?
If you look she has a top button on her shorts and it's not buttoned.

it doesn't really show anything and thankfully in the OG they don't use it as a panty shot/sexuality thing, but in a more detailed art style it could be very uncomfortable for some that it's still left undone.

Oct 31, 2017
Ugh...

Anata to no ai ga kono mama zutto tsuzukimasu you ni
Yozora ni negau no kono te wa mada hanasenai

nanigenai hibi kurikaeshiteta nanimo kowaku nakatta

Futari de ashita wo mukaerareru koto ga atarimae datta ne

tsuyoi hitomi ni mamorareteiru kono toki ga tomareba ii no ni

takusan no hikari ni terasareta yokogao miteitai

Anata to no ai ga eien de aru you ni

Yozora negau no kono te wa mada hanasensai

doushite mo amaete shimau motto otona ni naritai no ni

guchi toka yowane wo hakeru no wa anata shika inai kara

hajimete kisu wo shita ano toki no amai aji wo oboete iru yoIma omoeba shiawase sugita no kamo ne

hoho wo nagareru namida ni kizukarenai you ni utsumuite ita no「Aishiteru」anata no kotoba ga kasuka ni furueteta

anata to no ai wo ushinaitakunai karaYozora ni chikau no kono te wa mou hanasanai

anata to no ai ga eien de aru you niYozora ni negau no kono te wa mada hanasenai

anata to no ai wo ushinaitakunai kara

Yozora ni chikau no kono te wa mou hanasanai

Tbh

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Not a fan that they changed Sephiroths hair at the end of the trailer.

Thats what you get for complaining about such a minor thing. Sephiroths hair was fine.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The other issue: Yuffie is 16 in FF7.
This is the big issue for me.

Women (myself included) have multiple button shorts or certain types where that top button is left undone for a little cheek/Sassyness or you just like the look. The fact they don't do the typical fan service shit with panty shots or her shorts falling make the look chill in a vacuum.

However we can't ignore the context that Yuffie is traveling with a bunch of 20+ year old people, some much older so it's not just some gal kicking it/adventuring with her friends and you combine it with the more life like style and it can it starts to feel much less like something she should be having as apart of her design.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And people are shipping her with Vincent lol

Isn't the dude like 30 or something? (Old enough to be Sephiroth's father)

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And people are shipping her with Vincent lol

Isn't the dude like 30 or something? (Old enough to be Sephiroth's father)
Yuffie and Vincent have a very significant age gap.

Vincent was a Trained Adult that worked at Shinra before Sephiroth's birth and while Sephiroth's childhood was possibly "different" given their past, they absolutely still had a relative growth period.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So if you preorder the PS5 version you get the weapon for Yuffie. What about people who own the PS4 version and can upgrade when it's out? Is there no way to preorder the Yuffie episode and get that weapon?

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And to be fair to Square here, the shipping thing is very much a fan only thing.

In context of the universe Vincent very much treats Yuffie like a kid sister and they've never really shown anything in the vain of trying to make them appear romantically or that Vincent would encourage any type of relationship between the two.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
So, the upgrade to PS5 is free but the episode w yuffie is one time purchase, is that correct?

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Leaving that money on the table would make no sense. Also why else would Sony pay for one year exclusivity? Only to keep it off PC for a year?

Your guess is as good as mine. Just saying what reputable leakers here and elsewhere have said. Sony clearly doesn't see PC as a competing platform anymore so it makes sense. Keep it exclusive for a year, then it'll come to PC.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Save file transfer is great; I sold my PS4 DE last year, so... I might just end up rebuying this one. I'm guessing trophy sets will be different, so all my PS4 progress will likely pop the PS5 ones, right? :)

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
After the announcement, I ordered the $30 FF7R disc off Amazon (I initially played the game, then sold the disc). When I saw it was free on PS Plus, I canceled my Amazon order. But now I see that the Plus version isn't eligible for the upgrade! Haha. I don't know whether I'll order the disc again (if it stays at 30 bucks) or pay out the $70 for the complete digital version since that's my preferred way to have games anyway.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has had me really want to play the remake again but I don't know if I should wait for a long 'take my time' playthrough in June or do a quick 'main story only' playthrough now and then the full one in June.

Last edited:

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really, really disappointed that Yuffie's DLC is exclusive to PS5, considering they'd said to investors they wouldn't be making anything next-gen exclusive. I understand why, for optimization--especially with how the game had trouble with textures in the first place--but it really sucks. Plus, with the scarcity of PS5s still, and the pandemic making it hard on a lot of us money-wise... her voice is spot-on, though. I was pleasantly surprised with the voice direction; it wasn't too melodramatic anime-style, but there was still a lot of heart to it. A few weak parts here and there, but that's to be expected lol.

The origin of that FAQ please?
Thanks.

It's the official Intergrade site. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.