• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. My guess is that it will be the same price as the RE:mind DLC.

Theres no way it's long enough to justify that. Re:Mind has like thirteen bosses or something, yeah? Yuffie is gonna be $20 for probably like three hours of content which is already gonna be pushing it for most people. It's an episode, not an expansion pack.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Theres no way it's long enough to justify that. Re:Mind has like thirteen bosses or something, yeah? Yuffie is gonna be $20 for probably like three hours of content which is already gonna be pushing it for most people. It's an episode, not an expansion pack.

They said there was more content than just Yuffie stuff. including new arena/vr content.

featuring a brand new episode featuring Yuffie as the main character, and numerous gameplay additions for players to enjoy.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As was mentioned we already have bosses and story content that is unique for Yuffie which most of the "story" content in ReMind outside of the secret boss was kinda just slotted into the ending, this is all new.

Plus we do have new Vr for the main game and it's possible that Cloud/Aerith/Tifa/Barret may get more so it's possible it could be just as much value for the buck if not more so than ReMind depending on what you want.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
They said there was more content than just Yuffie stuff. including new arena/vr content.

featuring a brand new episode featuring Yuffie as the main character, and numerous gameplay additions for players to enjoy.
As was mentioned we already have bosses and story content that is unique for Yuffie which most of the "story" content in ReMind outside of the secret boss was kinda just slotted into the ending, this is all new.

Plus we do have new Vr for the main game and it's possible that Cloud/Aerith/Tifa/Barret may get more so it's possible it could be just as much value for the buck if not more so than ReMind depending on what you want.

Ah, so there could be more to the scope of it. I could see that. I don't see them basically charging $10 more in the west though. How was Re:Mind priced in Japan?

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, I own the digital PS4 version of the game. Am I elegible for the PS5 upgrade or I'm fucked?

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure how you can with him considering he's asleep prior from meeting the party.

I do think we'll get proper introduction for Cait Sith with Yuffie's dlc.
I guess because Sephiroth knows the events of the original, he might wake Vincent, and the chaos beasts would be good boss battles. Then you defeat him, he has to rest in the coffin until Chaos is pacified. Not much happens in that chapter in the original.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Did they clarify how much the Yuffie episode would cost? Surely it can be more than say $20, right? If that were the case, the $30 physical copy would be a very good deal right now. I wanted to buy it digitally but might just bite the bullet since I saw that they're gonna try and charge $70 for it on PS5 (I won't be buying any games that price personally).

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Ok they need to stop this BS with multiple versions that don't offer everything and you will be locked form getting all content.

There is standard Edition for FF7 on PS4 with zero extras.
There is a Deluxe Edition that has a lot of extra stuff like artbook and OST but especially the Cactuar and Carbuncle summons for PS4
There is no way to get the pre-order only Chocobo Chick summon.

Now there is standard version for FF7Remake Intergrade on PS5 which contains base game + episode Yuffie.
There is Deluxe Edition which has the extras from PS4 (artbook and OST) but not the Cactuar and Carbuncle summons.

And there is the locked PS4 Ps Plus that can't be upgraded.

Can anyone explain to me how this gonna work for the best?

Getting Deluxe Intergrade on PS5 won't allow you to get the 2 available summons, let alone third one which is missing for everyone now (Chocobo Chick).

So you have to get The Deluxe Edition on PS4 which contains at least those on PS4 then get the upgarde for free on PS5 then get Episode Yuffie separately on PS5 after. So this is the only process to get everything (almost since Chocobo Chick will always stay unavailable for almost everyone). Getting The base version Intergrade on PS5 directly or even the Deluxe Intergrade on PS5 directly will get you nowhere and you will be locked and can't do anythign after.

Will at least the locked PS Plus version be able to upgraded on PS5 if you at least upgrade to Deluxe Edition on PS4 meanwhile (thus securing the 2 left summons)? If so the best way to do is accept PS Plus base version-> upgrade to Deluxe Edition on PS4-> Get PS5 Deluxe Edition for free + THE SUMMONS on PS5 -> Get Episode Yuffie on PS5-> Get Cacstar pre-order only DLC weapon which will be available after release. At least the latter will be available after release to be purchased separately unlike Chocobo Chick.

Then again We don't know how much Episode Yuffie will cost separately on PS5 and if it will be available separately to start with.

This is ultra confusing and very reminiscent of the peculiar case of Control Ultimate Edition: This version is the only version that allows you to play on PS5, calling it Ultmate isn't justified since it only contains the base game + 2 main DLCs but no way to find neither the Deluxe Edition Edition content, nor the pre-order only content nor the PS4 launch days bonuses nor the Isolation side mission that is part of the PS4 Digital Deluxe and Season Pass.

Thanks a lot for the confusing versions. Really.

Next we gonna get same confusion for Episode 2 and Episode 3 then years later we gonna get more confusions with Integral version with all episodes and and another Integral version Royal Edition but still missing content.

Last edited:

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
VJHF7I1.png

Wtf

I feel like there's some belt jokes to be had.
It's kinda whatever to me, it's the original design but they could have done something with it with out it being a big deal, then again purists can get rabid.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like there's some belt jokes to be had.
It's kinda whatever to me, it's the original design but they could have done something with it with out it being a big deal, then again purists can get rabid.
Not that it's an excuse, but let's not forget to e absolute meltdown people had because they gave a female with a large chest a sports bra...actual support to that a woman like that would realistically wear.

Granted they still could/maybe should have fixed Yuffie, but there would have been cries of betrayal if they had for sure.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a place where to get an answer from FF7 staff or whoever is in charge of marketing with Square and Sony?
I would like to my question answered before the PS Plus games drop next week.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I empathize with Yuffie's button issue because my enormous girth caused my pants to do the same thing

Oct 25, 2017
I legit didn't know that they hard confirmed Seph over the rest even post-VII though, I always had thought until today Omega Weiss and full powered Chaos were the apex in VII power battles going by raw power because those dudes could straight up destroy the planet unchecked with no Meteor required.

They are.
There is nothing anywhere to indicate that Seph could handle Omega or Chaos in his base form.
Safer Seph, or remake Seph after he's achieved whatever he's up to probably.
But base Seph, no way.

Sephiroth is the strongest human, with the strongest will is all it means I think.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I would have take a more challenging mode at the start. normal wasn't super interesting except boss fight..... sadly.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Did they clarify how much the Yuffie episode would cost? Surely it can be more than say $20, right? If that were the case, the $30 physical copy would be a very good deal right now. I wanted to buy it digitally but might just bite the bullet since I saw that they're gonna try and charge $70 for it on PS5 (I won't be buying any games that price personally).

The DLC is not on PSN yet. Though I've heard $19.99.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Wondering how this is going to work if they add trophies. Guess they'll only be on the PS5 version? Would it auto-pop the main game if you've done it on PS4? Honestly it's probably too much effort so I guess they won't add any.

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
umm guys..
I just watched the PS5 vs PS4 comparison video from SE press release page.

is it normal NOT to see anything different except the background texture for open area?

I mean they show scene with fire explosion, but the difference only PS5 one is lit brighter than PS4. I'm sure PS4 can show that too if they edit the settings. or unless it's RT thing? (no mention of RT makes me think it's not)

Lt-47

Dec 1, 2017
umm guys..
I just watched the PS5 vs PS4 comparison video from SE press release page.

is it normal NOT to see anything different except the background texture for open area?

I mean they show scene with fire explosion, but the difference only PS5 one is lit brighter than PS4. I'm sure PS4 can show that too if they edit the settings. or unless it's RT thing? (no mention of RT makes me think it's not)

It actually can't PS4 version, use a lot of static lighting. Static lighting as max brightness/limited HDR (in UE4 anyway) so it always look dimer than realtime light source. Environmental light actually cast shadow on cloud now, plus the new fog is pretty obvious.

Last edited:

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
-60fps Performance Mode or a 4k/30 mode
-Almost instant load times (2 seconds to load a save from the trailer)
-Improved lighting/textures + addition graphical improvements
-Haptics (if that's a selling point to you anyway)
-Photo Mode
-Yuffie DLC

Is that worth an increase in RRP to £/$70? Hell no, but i'm so excited regardless considering I already own the PS4 physical copy

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they announce the Yuffie dlc is available on the PS4 whenever it launches. It's not like it benefits Squeenix in any way to make the dlc exclusive to the PS5.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
-Photo Mode
-Yuffie DLC

Is that worth an increase in RRP to £/$70? Hell no, but i'm so excited regardless considering I already own the PS4 physical copy

Worth full price? No, but as someone who got FFVIIR Digitally on the PS4, I'm grateful there is an upgrade path.

I wonder if they are gonna put out a super expensive collectors physical edition though.

As others have mentioned, if the Yuffie DLC on PS5 is a reasonable price, then it won't be so bad.

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
It actually can't PS4 version, use a lot of static lighting. Static lighting as max brightness/limited HDR (in UE4 anyway) so it always look dimer than realtime light source. Environmental light actually cast shadow on cloud now, plus the new fog is pretty obvious.

alright thanks for your explanation

-Photo Mode
-Yuffie DLC

all good but hopefully the graphic upgrade justify it only run at 30 fps for 4K mode.

also hopefully the ugly texture is fixed (the trash texture on later chapter for example) and the famous flat door.

now wish I could get PS5 with normal price here.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Worth full price? No, but as someone who got FFVIIR Digitally on the PS4, I'm grateful there is an upgrade path.

I wonder if they are gonna put out a super expensive collectors physical edition though.

As others have mentioned, if the Yuffie DLC on PS5 is a reasonable price, then it won't be so bad.
For sure, I imagine that the DLC won't cost anymore than $20/£15. It's pretty sweet for those of us who already own the game.
all good but hopefully the graphic upgrade justify it only run at 30 fps for 4K mode.

also hopefully the ugly texture is fixed (the trash texture on later chapter for example) and the famous flat door.

now wish I could get PS5 with normal price here.
I imagine that it will still look really good at 60fps; hoping that the main difference between the two modes are just resolution because 60fps is too good to ever pass on. Textures sound like they've been fixed considering even the massive Midgar JPEG looks pretty nice now.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
The door is fixed for sure unless they intentionally want to trigger people. I might be wrong, but in the SoP video they spent several seconds showing off that city backdrop (chapter 15 iirc) to show it wasn't just a big jpeg.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I mean it still looks like a bit static image but the way higher resolution and use of lighting between cracks in the plate just makes it look a hell of a lot better.

The lighting improvements in particular just adds so much visual consistency to scenes now, the game looks like how it was supposed to.

Now the only real problem I have left with FFVII Remake is all the padding and the current questionable existence of the PC version.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I imagine that it will still look really good at 60fps; hoping that the main difference between the two modes are just resolution because 60fps is too good to ever pass on. Textures sound like they've been fixed considering even the massive Midgar JPEG looks pretty nice now.

Of course it's a matter of taste, but I'd say 30fps is quite fine for a game like FF7R. It's not exactly a fast action title, even with real time combat.

Last edited:

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
Just watched the trailer last night and honestly wasn't blown away by the upgrade. I'm sure performance wise it will be much better but...eh. I'll be good with the PS+ version.

Tora

Jun 17, 2018
Of course it's a matter of taste, but I'd say 30fps is quite fine for a game like FF7R. It's not exactly an fast action title, even with real time combat.
I get you. When it's a well frame-paced 30, most games feel great honestly. 60 is just buttery though and adds much needed motion clarity, so i'll always take it if it's an option

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Just watched the trailer last night and honestly wasn't blown away by the upgrade. I'm sure performance wise it will be much better but...eh. I'll be good with the PS+ version.

performance, graphics, loading times. 2 out of 3 of those have the chance to take you out of the experience at times. Then you wouldn't get the dlc either. Not telling anyone to wait because I loved the game regardless but if I had a chance to do a memory wipe and decided to wait I'm sure it would be worth it. Hell who am I kidding I'm going to play it again anyways.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The original trailers from 2015 for FFVIIR looked like they ran on PS5 anyways. Not saying it looks bad on a PS4, but FFVIIR felt like it as knocking on cross-gen territory because of how late they put it out in the cycle.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Ok they need to stop this BS with multiple versions that don't offer everything and you will be locked form getting all content.

There is standard Edition for FF7 on PS4 with zero extras.
There is a Deluxe Edition that has a lot of extra stuff like artbook and OST but especially the Cactuar and Carbuncle summons for PS4
There is no way to get the pre-order only Chocobo Chick summon.
Cactuar summon came with the Deluxe Edition, but only people with the 1st Class Edition got both that and the Carbuncle summon.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cactuar summon came with the Deluxe Edition, but only people with the 1st Class Edition got both that and the Carbuncle summon.

This is not exactly accurate.

I sadly did not get the First Class despite wishing I did, but the Digital Deluxe + Pre Ordering the game gave me all three of the DLC summons.

Status
Not open for further replies.