Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Decided to try culinarian as my first crafter and I'm hooked. lol feels like the perfect thing to do while waiting on Dawntrail.

funny enough this is the one job i didnt take and level to 50 because afaik theres no crafting done with it that you require to craft other stuff, even fishing theres some corals you need to fish and some stuff you need to make oil with, i dont think there are culinarian recipes that are used in crafting for other stuff

right?
riiiiiight?
please tell me im right

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Decided to try culinarian as my first crafter and I'm hooked. lol feels like the perfect thing to do while waiting on Dawntrail.
This is the only crafter that I have lol.
I crafted some food during level 50 raids that's all, I just have it for job story quests basically now, and it's something completely different than what I usually do.

It's also good because everyone uses food either for leveling or raids.

Last edited:

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
funny enough this is the one job i didnt take and level to 50 because afaik theres no crafting done with it that you require to craft other stuff, even fishing theres some corals you need to fish and some stuff you need to make oil with, i dont think there are culinarian recipes that are used in crafting for other stuff

right?
riiiiiight?
please tell me im right

There are some recipes which get used outside of CUL. Lavender Oil has some furnishings that use it, Cotton Seed Oil has a use in ALC, Kingcake I think had some use in the Anima relic grind. But those (and others I surely missed) are the exception, the vast majority of CUL is either directly consumed by CUL or you (or is a furnishing)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
If you get CUL to 78+ you can start farming gil with Levequest, the Coffee Biscuit one in Shadowbringer and Tsai tou Vounou in Endwalker, they are very cheap on the marketboard and give a lot of money.

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA

right?
riiiiiight?
please tell me im right

I don't want to fall too deep into the crafting rabbit hole. I don't mind it being mostly it's own thing. lol

This is the only crafter that I have lol.
I crafted some food during level 50 raids that's all, I just have it for job story quests basically now, and it's something completely different than what I usually do.

It's also good because everyone uses money either for leveling or raids.

I think that's why I like it. No crazy boss fights, just feeding the people.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
I'm a few months late since I was not as active as in the past due to playing Genshin Impact, but I finally got my RDM relic done. I must have all RDM swords.
Final-Fantasy-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Screenshot-2024-05-04-14-37-45-84.png

I actually love this sword after I was not initially impressed, but I dyed it a nice bronze and now it looks awesome.

Does it not annoy you that it is Blue and Purple?

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Not really, I like it. Most RDM relics have a pink glow except for one of the Eureka relics (white and black fire), so I am glad we get a bright blue glow for once, even if it does shift back to pink/purple. :)

Yeah I'm the person who matches the job colour with the glam.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
still cant get to a single fate before the flying squad erases everything
jesus christ its been a while dont you people have enough medals already

There are some recipes which get used outside of CUL. Lavender Oil has some furnishings that use it, Cotton Seed Oil has a use in ALC, Kingcake I think had some use in the Anima relic grind. But those (and others I surely missed) are the exception, the vast majority of CUL is either directly consumed by CUL or you (or is a furnishing)

yeah most of these you can just get the ingredients with botanist anyway so, so far i havent seen anything that required any ready meal as "ingredient" to anything. dont really care for furnishing stuff since trial and no house (and even when i sub, probably not getting one anyway)

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking more broadly than the expansion-specific conflicts...
it's interesting to think about how Endwalker(and the lead-up to it and resolution thereafter) really wiped the slate clean in terms of wrapping up or dissolving perpetual threats. For an entire decade we were dealing with the ever-looming threat of he Empire, the sporadic problems caused by primals and tempering, and the constant interloping by famished denizens of the Void. With tempering having a cure, Garlemald being decimated, and peace being made with some of the most powerful Voidsent, there's something of a realm-wide "tension vacuum" that'll need to be resolved by the scenario writers as we head into the next decade of the game. Hard to say if Dawntrail, or the following 7.x patches, will begin to fill that vacuum with another longer term force, faction, or conflict, but it will sure be interesting to see how they unravel the relative peace we've earned.. and how quickly and organically they're able to do it.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that needs to be fixed in Dawntrail is the lack of a close-up before the Manderville signature smile.

It's one, two, three! Not one, two! Come on, guys!

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I have no red anywhere when I play RDM, haha.

I run the Shiva weapon, RDM doesn't have ice but thematically it can use all elements, so it kind of fills a void.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Maining Dragoon and rocking dark blues, silvers/greys and blacks... but never purple. I hate the purple goddammit.

Anyway the return to Ala Mhigo in StB is such a momentum killer lol. Like yay we won, we beat the empire!... oh yeah, these guys.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I tend to stick to theming with jobs and what colors I make my glams, but I'm still really fond of glams that incorporate dark reds and black really well

AKA, Edenmorn Coat of Fending my beloved

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My main glam is green, we don't have a green color coded character so I fulfill that role. (Also it goes very well with G'raha's red so)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I was just checking an Aetheryte and there was an option to Register Security Token Free Destination. Is that new? I've never noticed that option before. I know you get an extra favorite Aetheryte if you subscribe to the companion app, but I don't remember getting one for using the security token.

Fireye

Oct 26, 2017
I was just checking an Aetheryte and there was an option to Register Security Token Free Destination. Is that new? I've never noticed that option before. I know you get an extra favorite Aetheryte if you subscribe to the companion app, but I don't remember getting one for using the security token.

It's been there for aaaaaaaages, not sure exactly how long but I remember using it in SB to get to kugane cheaply, and then /return to get back to the western world.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
it's interesting to think about how Endwalker(and the lead-up to it and resolution thereafter) really wiped the slate clean in terms of wrapping up or dissolving perpetual threats. For an entire decade we were dealing with the ever-looming threat of he Empire, the sporadic problems caused by primals and tempering, and the constant interloping by famished denizens of the Void. With tempering having a cure, Garlemald being decimated, and peace being made with some of the most powerful Voidsent, there's something of a realm-wide "tension vacuum" that'll need to be resolved by the scenario writers as we head into the next decade of the game. Hard to say if Dawntrail, or the following 7.x patches, will begin to fill that vacuum with another longer term force, faction, or conflict, but it will sure be interesting to see how they unravel the relative peace we've earned.. and how quickly and organically they're able to do it.

They made pretty good on their promise about Endwalker being a wrap up to mostly everything. I think out of other franchises that promised one of their titles to be "the end", Endwalker is one of the rarer ones that really resolved everything. Unless one is being super pedantic and anything that's mentioned (like Meracydia) has to be "resolved", everything is in a resolute state.

I'm playing with the thought that what if they're using this moment to bridge FFXIV into a more futuristic vibes--the likes of VII, VIII, X, XIII, XV. The XIV staff were more fans of traditional sword & magic FF, but what if they decided to change gears and make a sci-fi FF section of the theme park now. I feel they have all the parts in place to shift gear, with technological advancement being all over the place and whatever the hell Solution 9 is. Plus if all else fails they still have Shards, time travel, or whatever.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

Been an option for at least 8 or 9 years I think. They put it on during the beginning of arr if I recall.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Another thing about Endwalker, they dragged that Eorzea lore since 1.0 so it'll be exciting to see what they'll come with in Danwtrail either way.
I've seen arguments about Shadowbringer being so good because it was a totally new and different setting.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
They made pretty good on their promise about Endwalker being a wrap up to mostly everything. I think out of other franchises that promised one of their titles to be "the end", Endwalker is one of the rarer ones that really resolved everything. Unless one is being super pedantic and anything that's mentioned (like Meracydia) has to be "resolved", everything is in a resolute state.

I'm playing with the thought that what if they're using this moment to bridge FFXIV into a more futuristic vibes--the likes of VII, VIII, X, XIII, XV. The XIV staff were more fans of traditional sword & magic FF, but what if they decided to change gears and make a sci-fi FF section of the theme park now. I feel they have all the parts in place to shift gear, with technological advancement being all over the place and whatever the hell Solution 9 is. Plus if all else fails they still have Shards, time travel, or whatever.

There is one notable hanging bit still out there....

There are still 5 Ascians from the Convocation who's fate is unknown. Are they still tempered? Are they angry at the outcome? Are they even on The Source?

The new raid series looks like it might tie into the Ascians.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Another thing about Endwalker, they dragged that Eorzea lore since 1.0 so it'll be exciting to see what they'll come with in Danwtrail either way.
I've seen arguments about Shadowbringer being so good because it was a totally new and different setting.
This is why I'm in favor of eventually getting another expansion in a new shard tbh. SHB had way more interesting worldbuilding for me than anything on the Source. I'm looking forward to Tural but while a new continent does give them a lot of freedom it's not a total blank slate the way another shard would be.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

right?
riiiiiight?
please tell me im right

Nope.

The part you're missing is how you need stat boosts from food to do any endgame crafting. So in a way CUL recipes are used when crafting everything.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017

I would absolutely love for an arc, or even just an expansion, to focus on sci-fi megacities or a techno/ cyberpunk world. Hell, maybe even full-on spacefaring and space exploration. Break out of the high fantasy shell, even if it's just for a bit, I wanna be surprised in the same ways Solution 9's reveal surprised us and I can't wait for more from it.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
I tend to stick to theming with jobs and what colors I make my glams, but I'm still really fond of glams that incorporate dark reds and black really well

AKA, Edenmorn Coat of Fending my beloved

That, the YoRha Type 53 Coat of Fending and The Neo Ishgardian top of fending are great.

viera-female-front.png
hyur-female-dyed-front.png

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
ShB and EW have the best looking gear sets honestly. Yorha, Neo Ishgardian, Limbo, Lunar Envoy, Diadochos and Edenmete look sooooo good it's insane.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
All the Omega fights after Stormblood are awesome. Since I can't read the dialog I can't make any sense of it but I think it's a Chocobo from FF 7? Gotten some loot but I'm guessing it's useless at this point since people abandon it.

This game really opens up when you have a high-level character and then level other jobs. Long queue? Level an alt and panick job switch when it hits your turn.

Leveled Dragoon, Black Mage, and now Rogue which is at 20. I bet Ninja is a blast.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017

The only hint of potential conflict we have right now for DT is one of the heirs of the throne wanting to march armies into eorzea and pretty much the rest of the world if he becomes the dawnservant, since garlemald as military force is no more. He may end up winnign the thone and getting support from whatever solution 9 is .

In tems of big bads for a multi-expnsion arc, I feel like pandmonium hinted about the ancients getting much of their knowledge, especially athena and lahabrea, from ulttima , including the heart of sabik. Ultima seems to come frpm an entirely different dimension so the final confflict may end up being a cross dimensional affair affecting every shard remaining .

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Got about 7,5 mil gil so I still kinda want to get myself a small plot. Right now it's between Shirogane and Mist.

Haven't really found an interesting place in Mist, but for Shirogane the following 3 spots look pretty neat:
plot 2/32 , 4/34 , 27/57

any recommendations?

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ShB and EW have the best looking gear sets honestly. Yorha, Neo Ishgardian, Limbo, Lunar Envoy, Diadochos and Edenmete look sooooo good it's insane.

Late Shadowbringers -> Early Endwalker is such a good run on the Healer gear side of things. Neo-Ishgardian, Edenmorn, Moonward, and Asphodelos sets are all timers. The Panthean set is really nice too. And Classical is a re-color of the Republican set which is another nice one. The later Endwalker Alliance or Raid stuff isn't quite as nice for the kind of gear I like but there are some cool pieces there as well that don't look like typical healer stuff, which is always appreciated..

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
my character would upset you guys so much

i dont care about glams and dyes at all. i just wear what has good stats. i'm using parts of the clown bard outfit mixed with some armoured jacket and i dont give a flip

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
The only hint of potential conflict we have right now for DT is one of the heirs of the throne wanting to march armies into eorzea and pretty much the rest of the world if he becomes the dawnservant, since garlemald as military force is no more. He may end up winnign the thone and getting support from whatever solution 9 is .

In tems of big bads for a multi-expnsion arc, I feel like pandmonium hinted about the ancients getting much of their knowledge, especially athena and lahabrea, from ulttima , including the heart of sabik. Ultima seems to come frpm an entirely different dimension so the final confflict may end up being a cross dimensional affair affecting every shard remaining .

Its also worth keeping in mind that we never really got an explanation for why so many of the worlds Meteion visited were dead. Obviously we see several were destroyed by the the people that live there, in one form or another, but the report she gave implied, at least to me, that there might be something else going on in the universe. I wouldn't be surprised if they tied whatever race Ultima is to what's going on out there.

Trigger