Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I just delete all materials and consumables the day before, I'm not using 99% of that stuff and if I do need it I'll just go grab it again with better gear later.

Every so often I get rewarded for keeping stuff on hand but it's been getting less and less common for basic mats I admit.

Like I have a copy of almost every green/blue fish I have ever caught and I think some are reasonably popular for aquariums (just an example) but I'm not sure I'll ever be bothered to sell them. Seasonal items, dyes I can't get from a vendor, gear that won't go in the armoire, half finished quest stuff (skysteel finishing garbage), boss and totem drops and so on.

I could probably just sell timed node stuff and save a lot of room, some of it's been in there since ARR haha.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: I enjoy the Dawntrail song. The vocals don't bother me. I think they added too much on the instrumental side in the beginning, but I still jam out to it.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
DDOS attacks all week, fucking annoying.

Anyone know if any group claimed responsibility and is trying to extort money? Or is it really just some sad bois DDOSing for "fun"?

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely can't tell if I'm bad at Dragoon or if the game is unfairly punishing when you die. I was getting out-aggroed by two Bards. Embarrassing. Bring on the rework lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Where is there a big queue on Chaos again, why it keeps happening since the DDoS attack, unless it never stopped T-T

EDIT : fuck error 90012, 400+ queue again, Square do something please ! How come you have a massive MMORPG and it's that easy to DDoS. Bodes well for next month's expansion launch.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Just had some terrible luck. Had to run this morning and had like 45 mins and decided to try another route clear in Variant Dungeon #3 since it's all I have left to do before Dawntrail. Got the pixie gun boss. Was doing fine, playing as a healer so dps sucks. Had the boss down to like 15% and then got hit by a couple trick shot combos in a row because I can't read the dumb number icons well enough (they really need to change these, the visibility is pretty bad) and fast enough to find the right spot and move in place for the knockback/fire gaps and died when the boss had .05% HP and didn't have time for another 10min+ fight before I left. So there goes 40+ mins.

These are so much better with other players, but it's tough because with all the routes it's hard to get everyone to agree on the routes you need. But solo these aren't that much fun. I probably should run them DPS w/cure and protect to speed it up a little.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Guess who was in the middle of his first Baldesion's run when the ddos happened ?
Spent my afternoon buying and setting logograms, watching strats and getting ready in order to get Ozma, now we're all dead and I have to level to 60 again.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Aaalmost caught up with the MSQ, just wrapped up 6.5, so just 6.55 left! Was so so over the moon when Gaia showed up, wasn't expecting that at all. 😭

(I hope they eventually make Eden required so they can make Ryne and Gaia both more involved in the MSQ should we return to the First again.)

Another surprise for me was Golbez showing up to help fight against Zeromus after the trial. I don't know if that was expected cause I haven't played IV yet, but I certainly didn't expect it just from the story here. I'm glad though! Cause I've dug Golbez since Dissidia, his design is sick, and his voice is cool, and it's simply nice that he and Zero get to work together to try and fix the Thirteenth! When they were confronting him again earlier, I kept thinking how he should actually stop fighting us and help us since we have a very good solution to the whole world-submerged-in-Darkness problem... and he actually listened! So glad, lol.

Oh and then Zero went from RPR to PLD... I already knew this was coming and I was dreading it and I'm still mostly bummed about it cause RPRs are so cool and she was so awesome as a RPR and... *groans* I get it. It's like the Cecil DRK to PLD switch thing, right? Fine. Still disappointing though. 😭

All that aside though, really enjoyed the end to the whole Thirteenth story. Love the hopeful stuff and I'm excited for the possibility that both the Thirteenth and First will both get better. Was a lovely reminder of how I love XIV and its story so much. ♥
If Master Cheezo and Meteor can look good armored up and cloaked, I would feel much less salty about that Zero costume change if she still had her hat and Reaper getup draped over her armor. Won't fix some of the cornball lines they had her deliver (they really felt like something Ryne would say, instead), but overall I enjoyed the story pretty well. It's still above the low points of Heavensward and Stormblood for me, and we don't need to talk about the lowpoints of ARR any longer lol. Shadowbringers and Endwalker proper still in a class of their own.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Dawntrail is getting closer and closer. What's the size of this game+all expansions? I deleted it last year and I have only 276GB left lol. I have to download Elden ring for the expansion too. fff maybe it's time to install another SSD nvme.

PolygonFlux

Jan 1, 2018
Finished 6.55 this evening!

I really enjoyed it. It was a lot longer than I expected for it being just three quests. Wuk Lamat is a fun character and I enjoyed the storytelling in the "hunt" solo instance. The amount of mocap / unique animations used was great, and I hope that carries over consistently into Dawntrail.

Because I pretty much mainlined the story, I've got to go back and catch up on Raids, Alliance Raids, and Dungeons I've missed along the way. Hoping to get most of them done before DT releases.

Jan 11, 2018
Because I pretty much mainlined the story, I've got to go back and catch up on Raids, Alliance Raids, and Dungeons I've missed along the way. Hoping to get most of them done before DT releases.

Myths of the Realm and Pandemonium is the best pair of raids for any expansion. I still like Return to Ivalice and Eden more in each respective raid category, but I think this is the first time I've been loving both the normal and alliance raids for an expansion equally as much and also rank both very high in general. Pandemonium has so many cutscenes that deserved to be voiced, just like Eden.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Less played race (even more true for Japan / full thread) until Dawntrail hopefully gets a fan event.

View: https://x.com/momiji204/status/1789690623362216090?s=61

Just search ロスガル (Hrothgar) on Twitter and you'll see a lot from this.
If you don't want to click the link for race distribution it's up to date from last month

Hrothgar : EU = 2.15% / JP = 1.9% / NA = 2.54% / OC = 2.45%
Roegadyn : EU = 2.92% / JP = 2.38% / NA = 3.77% / OC = 3.63%

You can also see Lalafell almost dominating on JP DC there.

Last edited:

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rinon's vid and end of expansion thinking got me thinking on favorite fights. Haven't done Ultimates, and started Savage in Eden's Promise (E9-12) and did all of Pandaemonium Savage on content. And have done every Extreme, but only Endwalker and late Shadowbringers stuff on content.

I definitely prove the theory of "your first fights being your favorites" as I think the top of my list is E9S and P12S P2. Cloud of Darkness in E9S just had a lot of fun mechanics to execute, and I think the Tiles part is still my favorite Savage mechanic I've learned so far. It looks cool to execute, requires a lot of teamwork, and is absolutely hilarious on voice chat when someone messes up or doesn't move when they need to. And of course the fight being when I learned somewhat how to raid heal felt good.

Oracle of Darkness is such a clean fast fight. The relativity mechanics are great, and each of the Apocalypse mechs feel nice and dangerous. Lots of great sound effects and all timer boss voice lines. And once you learned the fight to felt pretty good and not stressful which I liked for a final fight in comparison to all the final fights in Pandaemonium. P4, 8 and 12 all have moments that always felt on the edge of disaster no matter how many times I'd done it. Which is maybe good difficulty and fight design, but I dunno they always just felt too close to the edge of even if I know exactly what to do it was much too easy to explode.

Rounding out the top 3 for me is probably Seat of Sacrifice EX because that fight just has it all and executes so well on the concept of fighting a Warrior of Light.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
My most played character is a fem Elezen and I get why they are pretty low, they tend to look really lanky and have stiff dorky-looking animations. I think the intent was to make them like runway models but it didn't really work entirely.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
My most played character is a fem Elezen and I get why they are pretty low, they tend to look really lanky and have stiff dorky-looking animations. I think the intent was to make them like runway models but it didn't really work entirely.

i embraced the lankyness and made my character super tall, like the best concept of elves

make every cutscene a pain though sometimes my head almost enters my body looking down

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how popular and enduring Miqo'te are, I'm amazed they didn't use any in FFXVI. I blame Maehiro because why not.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds reasonable. I thought it would be much higher.

It will be come Dawntrail.
xq4d344ia4qc1.png

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Just a few days until the job action Live Letter.

Letter From the Producer Live Part LXXXI begins in:
May 16, 2024 at 7:00 AM

www.youtube.com

FINAL FANTASY XIV Letter from the Producer LIVE Part LXXXI

🔹放送内容パッチ7.0 ジョブ関連情報🔹放送日時2024年5月16日(木)20:00頃~🔹出演者吉田 直樹(プロデューサー兼ディレクター)室内 俊夫(グローバルコミュニティプロデューサー)#FFXIV #FF14 #PLL
www.twitch.tv

finalfantasyxiv - Twitch

The official FINAL FANTASY XIV channel on Twitch!

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Woah, that live letter really crept up on me, it still feels like it's 2 weeks away.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
June is creeping up on me felt like May just started , we are so close to ER/DT and a bunch of other stuff all releasing around summer lol

meanwhile these attacks pose a big threat to the release i feel like i wont be able to play even more so than usual on the xpack drop week

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the news that they gave everyone DoTs and all classes without positionals will now be blessed with them.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the reputation of reworks over the years has turned quite bad.
But also the thing is the people that would care about reworks and talk about them it feels are also more on the engaged side majority of players will just find something that works for them and not be too invested in how any job changes.
I dunno how deserved the reputation is as well given at least from what I can tell stuff like the monk rework went pretty well?
But yeah the majority attitude I encounter from people facing a rework is fear/worry.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest hope for the live letter:

the feel of DRG doesn't get fucked. It plays really well now but definitely feels "complete" so no real room for 10 more levels of skills so I understand the need to rework. I just don't want to lose the feel of an ever flowing combo with spear throws and jumps thrown in. Buffs and OGCD spam could probably be consolidated or adjusted without losing the fun gameplay feel

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
My main problem with DRG is the sheer amount of OGCDs kind of makes me panic so I end up botching the base rotation bc I'm button mashing the jumps.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't realize Cyella and Unukalhai got new dialogues post 6.5X, I wonder if they'll ever make Shadowbringer role quests mandatory because it really feel like they're setting up something for the future here.
Another thing about 6.5 trial Zero said she doesn't know about Zeromus being an Hero of ancient time, and yet Unukalhai has read about it

Last edited:

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Rinon's vid and end of expansion thinking got me thinking on favorite fights. Haven't done Ultimates, and started Savage in Eden's Promise (E9-12) and did all of Pandaemonium Savage on content. And have done every Extreme, but only Endwalker and late Shadowbringers stuff on content.

I definitely prove the theory of "your first fights being your favorites" as I think the top of my list is E9S and P12S P2. Cloud of Darkness in E9S just had a lot of fun mechanics to execute, and I think the Tiles part is still my favorite Savage mechanic I've learned so far. It looks cool to execute, requires a lot of teamwork, and is absolutely hilarious on voice chat when someone messes up or doesn't move when they need to. And of course the fight being when I learned somewhat how to raid heal felt good.

Oracle of Darkness is such a clean fast fight. The relativity mechanics are great, and each of the Apocalypse mechs feel nice and dangerous. Lots of great sound effects and all timer boss voice lines. And once you learned the fight to felt pretty good and not stressful which I liked for a final fight in comparison to all the final fights in Pandaemonium. P4, 8 and 12 all have moments that always felt on the edge of disaster no matter how many times I'd done it. Which is maybe good difficulty and fight design, but I dunno they always just felt too close to the edge of even if I know exactly what to do it was much too easy to explode.

Rounding out the top 3 for me is probably Seat of Sacrifice EX because that fight just has it all and executes so well on the concept of fighting a Warrior of Light.

I mainly hope we get more fights like P8S phase 1 and Barbs ex in the next expansion. I loved the pace in both of those fights.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mainly hope we get more fights like P8S phase 1 and Barbs ex in the next expansion. I loved the pace in both of those fights.

Yeah, P8S has a really fun pace overall. Everything except Snakes is really really fun to do. And Snakes conceptually is a really cool mechanic but player-based gaze mechanics are so awful and touchy to use that I think makes it pretty miserable.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I kind of wish tank classes had the option to queue as DPS with massively boosted damage and disabled mits or something. I like Gunbreaker but I hate tanking.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Tbh I kind of wish tank classes had the option to queue as DPS with massively boosted damage and disabled mits or something. I like Gunbreaker but I hate tanking.

as someome who just plays DPS we have long enough queues already while tanks sometimes take a long time to pop, you want people to never find a party or something