• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Well, you can do two Tomestone rings. One upgraded, one non-upgraded.

Oh shit didn't know this. So Augmented counts as a different ring? Nice. I'm satisfied with that until I gain the patience to do Savage again. I'm still gonna do Extreme trials though. Those are never too hard unless we get another Shinryu.

eliza0224

Oct 27, 2017
I've just dived in again! I'm trying to remember the rdm rotation, feeling pretty rusty. Still gotta finish the patches leading up to Shadowbringers though!

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Don't want to super discourage you, but the 5.1 extreme trial is likely going to be on the same order of difficulty as Thordan and Shinryu EX. At least, if they stick to past precedent.

Yeah I actually am worried about it lol. I wasn't around to experience Thordan but Shinryu's first phase felt almost impossible with party finder.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried Titania EX, except for some stupid mistakes I think I got most of it already. Just need to find a group that can stick together.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else feel like Viera players wear like the same couple of outfits over and over? It's legit boring. Like it's not that people didn't try to dress their characters "sexy" before but it's just gotten so much worse.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else feel like Viera players wear like the same couple of outfits over and over? It's legit boring. Like it's not that people didn't try to dress their characters "sexy" before but it's just gotten so much worse.
7jFZvpA.png

My viera says hi

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I see a veirra in gsme. They have the race boots with the heels on. Even with heavy armor.

Melody

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Viera in general look extremely samey. It doesn't help that their hairstyles are so limited and you see the same 2 or 3 on everyone.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Viera has the same problem as Au Ra and Femroes: the community largely favors one or two of the available faces. Combine that with the lack of hair options, and you're going to have a bunch of clones. Just be happy they didn't lock the ears to specific faces, lol.

As for the heels, they do look nice with some caster sets.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Bummed out about AST but that's on me for holding onto something that would never happen, I don't mean bringing back old cards and system but anything that would bring some life to the job, savage clears numbers are as low as they can be but even then raiders have mention the numbers of the 3 are quite balance, so no idea what could SE do to allure more people to use the job. Hope regular content numbers are just fine.

It will probably get better over time now that the buffs have made the job respectable to play again after whatever the launch AST kit was, but it's got some inherent things going against it (lots of busywork, low personal DPS, cards still fairly clunky, still has to actually watch MP, "advanced" job that requires HW and leveling another job, the general rollercoaster of buffs/nerfs since it released) that are probably always going to leave it one of the least popular jobs to play. That's not inherently bad but combined with people like me jumping ship for other roles like DNC after the "pure healing" fiasco and WHM just feeling better to pick up/easier to play for a lot of folks I don't really see the situation changing anytime soon unless there's a serious card rework in the pipeline that's...better.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Man there are some super salty people in this game. I play DNC and was doing E2S enrage prog through PF and ended up with party members finger blaming everyone for anything. Tank blamed me for not being where I was suppose to be for equilibrium, yet he was the one running around the boss on the opposite side where we agreed pre-pull to be. Bard who blamed me for not dpsing enough yet he was averaging 9k to my 9.6k as DNC. BLM got upset I closed positioned the MNK instead (MNK was averaging 11k compared to the BLM 9.9k) Tank gets flare but goes to the dps corner and killed us both and blames me and wanted me replaced. Holy shit man. I had to back out so I don't get stressed out over their petty shit.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Finished 2.4. I'm still not terribly engaged with the story, but I'm interested in the directions it seems to be going. And the transition into the second phase of the Shiva fight was one of those moments that had me going "...alright this game is pretty damn cool sometimes" lol

More than anything else, I think it's actually some of the tiny snippets of dialogue between major quests, characters in Rising Sands reacting to recent events or just hanging out, that has made me stick with the game more than anything else. It's very slight stuff, nothing more than a tiny little touch, but it really goes a long way toward making it feel like a place filled with people who have their own lives. (That one stretch of Waking Sands quests about 2/3 through 2.0 remains the most I've been invested in the game's story.)

Anyway the third level of this stupid Moonfire tower is going to drive me insane lol
The good news is that you are now past all of the worst that the game has to offer, at least in terms of the MSQ.

Skoje

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like your run of the mi
Man there are some super salty people in this game. I play DNC and was doing E2S enrage prog through PF and ended up with party members finger blaming everyone for anything. Tank blamed me for not being where I was suppose to be for equilibrium, yet he was the one running around the boss on the opposite side where we agreed pre-pull to be. Bard who blamed me for not dpsing enough yet he was averaging 9k to my 9.6k as DNC. BLM got upset I closed positioned the MNK instead (MNK was averaging 11k compared to the BLM 9.9k) Tank gets flare but goes to the dps corner and killed us both and blames me and wanted me replaced. Holy shit man. I had to back out so I don't get stressed out over their petty shit.
ll pug experience with shitty players

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Viera has the same problem as Au Ra and Femroes: the community largely favors one or two of the available faces.
Yep I legit thought the cats and the girl au ra had two faces until I got curious and fiddled around with the cc. Nah folks just use the same 2 faces. Which isnt unusual right? Like you see more variance in male au ra but there are only two faces folks use. The two handsome young looking ones. Folks have preferences I suppose

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
How do I get Beast Tribe currency? The only thing I get with Beast Tribe dailies are the coins for my company that I use to send retainers on missions. I never got a Beast Tribe token or one of those checks that I can trade for currency. I am Level 2 with the Goblins and Level 4 with the Ixal.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
How do I get Beast Tribe currency? The only thing I get with Beast Tribe dailies are the coins for my company that I use to send retainers on missions. I never got a Beast Tribe token or one of those checks that I can trade for currency. I am Level 2 with the Goblins and Level 4 with the Ixal.

Just keep going. It's been a while, but I don't think ARR beast tribes give currency at that level. I think it's around level five or six before they start giving currency for their quests.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just beat Titania normal 1st try. It was a stressful fight, but great nonetheless. Since partway through Heavensward content I watch guides prior to a fight since I am a tank. Because as a tank if you do not know the fight your party will hate you.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Uhhhhhhhh Miqote are FAR FAR WORSE. But I try to change my glamour often as a Viera myself.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So at least they know NIN is busted ,but I hear they're going to make Mudras be like Dances.

I didn't like DNC when I tried them, so not sure how I feel.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
How many loots can one player get from each Savage floor? Does it work as the normal raid where each players can loot once?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many loots can one player get from each Savage floor? Does it work as the normal raid where each players can loot once?
In savage one player can get all the loot if he/she's lucky. It's a weekly restriction but on clear not loot. So if you get the clear but no loot that's it you get no loot in that floor.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a weird thing for a long while. It makes for some weird things where you gain extra steps in a rotation which gains you seconds in enrage. E4S pushes it nearly 10 seconds which ends up being somewhere around a 1k rDPS difference in terms of beating enrage? It's kind of a thing.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Loot drops only on your first clear of the week and you can win them all if you're lucky, or you can be like me and have 0 drops so far.

In savage one player can get all the loot if he/she's lucky. It's a weekly restriction but on clear not loot. So if you get the clear but no loot that's it you get no loot in that floor.

Ahh thanks that explains some gears I saw on fflogs. I automatically passed after receiving my loot on ES1 cause I thought it worked as the normal floors.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Did they announce the schedule for the 24 man raid? How far away is that?

Edit: oh god, the one day I actually feel like playing the game again... maintenance. I guess not then.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Did my first treasure hunts with some of my Static and FC members last night, had a load of fun plus a shed load of gil on the materials i got too

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the best Duty Roulette in terms of exp/time spent?

I'm currently on Post-HW so I rather not do much duty roulette but I have a level 70 main to level up so it would be good to make it to 80 or so with it then on my alts after

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
What are the best Duty Roulette in terms of exp/time spent?

I'm currently on Post-HW so I rather not do much duty roulette but I have a level 70 main to level up so it would be good to make it to 80 or so with it then on my alts after
Levelling Roulette and Alliance Raid are usually the best XP for your time.
Main Scenario Roulette will basically give you a full level until you reach like 77 or something and you can just watch Netflix or something during the cutscenes.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Finally began Shadowbringers the other day. Already did Eulmore and Amh Araeng... this last one hit my feels so hard.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Levelling Roulette and Alliance Raid are usually the best XP for your time.
Main Scenario Roulette will basically give you a full level until you reach like 77 or something and you can just watch Netflix or something during the cutscenes.
Damn I didnt know that lol, I was always doing 50/60/70 dungeon and normal raid

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
50/60/70 can be a huge amount of XP but only if you get the highest possible lvl dungeon for your current level. If you do, it's crazy XP.
Ok so Levelling, Alliance Raid, and MSQ are the top 3? Thanks, I have a lv 71 main but im still on post HW so it's hard to gain much exp, alt does that content for me, and main is relagated to Daily Roulettes

Status
Not open for further replies.