Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like Urianger is the only one who canonically fucks although there is some dialog that suggests Tataru might've had a really really good time in Kugane.

Other than than the rest of the scions seem kind of sexless.
I feel like Urianger is the only one who canonically fucks
Huh. He seems the least likely of the bunch to go on hanky panky adventures IMO, besides Moenbryda. Wait...oh

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Reminder that the tooltip for the Moenbryda minion implies that Urianger did some...questionable things with it.
The original Japanese text is much better and doesn't mention that stuff, I still have no idea why the English translators felt the need to go there (it's just the English version too, the French and German versions just translate the Japanese version as is)
A magical doll modeled after Moenbryda. Urianger created this doll by himself in secret in order to sort out the feelings he did not realize he had until after her death. The guileless face he saw whenever she looked at him is rendered in the doll's gentle expression.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
The original Japanese text is much better and doesn't mention that stuff, I still have no idea why the English translators felt the need to go there (it's just the English version too, the French and German versions just translate the Japanese version as is)
A magical doll modeled after Moenbryda. Urianger created this doll by himself in secret in order to sort out the feelings he did not realize he had until after her death. The guileless face he saw whenever she looked at him is rendered in the doll's gentle expression.

I mean, I'm sure we can't blame every eccentricity of the English script on Koji Fox...

...but it was probably Koji Fox.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Koji Fox plis.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
iq2Ak60.png

looks a lot like the chocobo mystery dungeon Chocobo, another cross promotion?

Man my quest log is full of dungeon quests, I need to put aside a day to just queue for all these specific ones to clear all this shit. Or I guess I could just drop the quests, they give fuck all rewards anyway :/

Last edited:

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
20 Rathalos EX down, 30 to go (or a lucky drop/roll on the whistle I guess).

I will have that mount.

I did this grind and have been using it exclusively for the past 4 months since getting it. It was murder though until I was taught you could just get 4 tanks through the party finder and burn it down no problem. Took like 2 weeks through the duty finder and then knocked out the last 8 fights in one day with tank burns.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
dude this Rathalos shit is so good, it even has a Palico and uses the MonHun music and everything.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone who plays on Steam in the UK and doesn't have Shadowbringers yet, its now down to £15.99 on there

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
huh this beast tribe in Stormblood needs a gathering profession (fishing I assume from the name of the quest) to unlock, thats a bummer.

and speaking of baest tribes, do you even get rep from doing normal sidequests (like in wow)? I'm clearing these sidequests while I wait for a queue and Im not sure if its even helping :/

Last edited:

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Yeah for real on Stormblood the ancillary stuff was better than MSQ:
-Omega
-Four Lords
-Eureka
-Ivalice 24-player raids

all great
reminds me, I need to go back and glam run those raids again.
I use to be tank only but now I have caster/ ranged/ melee and a Sch to dress.

Already went back to Eureka for some relics and some swag hats.
kvzArNU.png

OMxFsAt.png

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I like how 4.1 just starts with you, Alphi and that knight dude just going off on some random adventure in a tomb to score riches lol.

Good dungeon too, in fact if there's one thing Stormblood did well was the dungeons. The music in Castrum Abania was amazing.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
dude this Rathalos shit is so good, it even has a Palico and uses the MonHun music and everything.

If you're a Miqo'te, the Palico has some unique dialogue, too.

huh this beast tribe in Stormblood needs a gathering profession (fishing I assume from the name of the quest) to unlock, thats a bummer.

and speaking of baest tribes, do you even get rep from doing normal sidequests (like in wow)? I'm clearing these sidequests while I wait for a queue and Im not sure if its even helping :/

The Namazu are gathering and crafting based. You can do either, and it's any gatherer, not just fishing. And no, just from their beast tribe quests.

Gathering is incredibly easy to level now, and while you won't make bank from it (at least leveling), it's still a decent source of income, and a great way to spend your DPS queues.

Miner and Botanist are basically the same thing just with different nodes and tools, while Fisher is its own thing (True Endgame) entirely. If you really want, you can level them passively from your GC as well.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so I have a confession... the 2 raids before World of Darkness, I skipped all the cutscenes. this was before you guys said it was important for Shadowbrigners, but back then I was in a rush to unlcok ANY raids to unlock the duty finder, so I just wanted to do that. So now I've done World of Darkness and im totally lost, I have no idea who these people are, why Nero is here and is all purple, nothing.

I done fucked up didnt I? Is there a good place to read a synopsis of what happened in the previous raids or something? :(

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
>:( Doing them doesn't mean skipping the cutscenes!

If you go to any Inn, there's an item called "The Unending Journey" that lets you rewatch cutscenes.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
>:( Doing them doesn't mean skipping the cutscenes!

If you go to any Inn, there's an item called "The Unending Journey" that lets you rewatch cutscenes.

I actually rarely skip scenes, I didnt even do it in ARR, like I said I was just in a rush to unlcok any raids to have the duty finder unlocked. Im pretty bummed out actually. You say I can watch them in inns? Let me try that.

edit: or I can watch this I guess

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
so I have a confession... the 2 raids before World of Darkness, I skipped all the cutscenes. this was before you guys said it was important for Shadowbrigners, but back then I was in a rush to unlcok ANY raids to unlock the duty finder, so I just wanted to do that. So now I've done World of Darkness and im totally lost, I have no idea who these people are, why Nero is here and is all purple, nothing.

I done fucked up didnt I? Is there a good place to read a synopsis of what happened in the previous raids or something? :(

Yes you fucked up lol. Crystal Tower's story is awesome.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Finally intending to get back to the game more frequently now that 5.2 is close.

Jumped into some of Eden Normal to get used to DNC again and they either added an audio indication for when you get a full stack of feathers or I just forgot that it was there.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington

You can watch the cutscenes using the book in your inn room.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
WOW

they totally nailed the MHW vibe with the Rathalos raid holy shit. You even carve him at the end, that was fantastic.

edit: 4.1 down, pretty short (in fact all the 4.x are short judging from this guide) but I quite enjoyed it actually. It's nice to see such care put into the epilogue of this expansion, especially when as we mentioned, the last act of Stormblood felt rushed. Great dungeon too.

Last edited:

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Noob question here regarding the Palace of the Dead. I just started levelling my first second job (BLM) and went to PotD and completed floors 1-10 and finished at level 17. However, now that I'm outside PotD, my level went back down to what it was before entering. So...how do you actually level up using this?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Noob question here regarding the Palace of the Dead. I just started levelling my first second job (BLM) and went to PotD and completed floors 1-10 and finished at level 17. However, now that I'm outside PotD, my level went back down to what it was before entering. So...how do you actually level up using this?

You get experience every time you do it, it should have given you some after you finished it.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Finally intending to get back to the game more frequently now that 5.2 is close.

Jumped into some of Eden Normal to get used to DNC again and they either added an audio indication for when you get a full stack of feathers or I just forgot that it was there.
Yeah they added that in 5.1 not sure if esprit being full was added as well or it was always there

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018

You still got EXP, maybe a little less than a level's worth.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Okay, thanks! I guess the XP gained increases the deeper you go as well? Strange feature but I guess it's cool.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Okay, thanks! I guess the XP gained increases the deeper you go as well? Strange feature but I guess it's cool.

PotD has a whole separate leveling system divorced from your actual character level and your actual character will get experience at the end depending on the floors you complete. It's also not a great idea to do PotD before level 30 because you are going to start missing all of your job abilities when your PotD character starts getting above level 30.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Did we get any new hairstyles besides the poster boy one and the really long hair? I feel like there was another set with 5.1.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a true LotA run until healers start rescuing people off the pads to cause a wipe.

Or someone pulling the Atomos super early so that half of B and C gets to hang out with A.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
What are you wearing? I want it.
In which pic?
1st is just the recent dng head gear drop plus some mog station glam for the top and legs plus 2B Boots and the summon only hand gear "Callers armlet" or w/e.

2nd is a ranged hat from eureka, mog station faerie princess gloves and a PVP ranged top.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
In which pic?
1st is just the recent dng head gear drop plus some mog station glam for the top and legs plus 2B Boots and the summon only hand gear "Callers armlet" or w/e.

2nd is a ranged hat from eureka, mog station faerie princess gloves and a PVP ranged top.
I meant the second. Damn so it's a PvP top. I'm also pretty mad that the only long dress gloves and heels are locked behind an $18 outfit in the mogstation.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
It will last you until 80 TBH. You won't start getting actual upgrades until the 75 dungeon and those are marginal at best. Stuff from the 77 dungeon and above will be appreciably better but you don't need to farm or anything. You'll get full left side gear and a weapon at 80 via the MSQ.

that's kind of shit oh well least I can concentrate on fashion glamours but not much new gear is not great it bad enough im a gunbreaker and already lacking in weapons

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I meant the second. Damn so it's a PvP top. I'm also pretty mad that the only long dress gloves and heels are locked behind an $18 outfit in the mogstation.
Pvp top is super easy to get, just do front line.
And yeah, the super secret behind the mog shop glam is that you buy them NOT for the top but for all the other things, be them boots or skirts or hairs styles or w/e. The base game's long skirt options are trash to just "Ok but ehh .." and for some one like me who loves covering up the sleeves on some tops the Mog shop Gloves are a god send.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here still play Triple Triad?

Not a big fan of the FFXIV version myself (filthy NPC cheaters) but thinking about getting back into it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure this
Asahi kid is going to be the usual "im acting nice but im really super evil" type but I kinda wish he was actually telling the truth and truly was a pacifist from the empire
if only because at least that would be somewhat original.

Status
Not open for further replies.