• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
which actor is that?

tumblr_pr0xqeGAZc1qcxymno6_r1_500.gifv

Andrew Koji
A British Japanese actor he main star in Warrior and recently popped up in Peaky Blinders. He will also be Storm Shadow in new GI Joe film

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Finished The Ultimate Weapon...

I love this game and I can't believe it took me so long to give it a chance. I know I'm 100 quests away from HW but I don't mind it, there's lot of stuff I want to do at the sametime.
You're in for a treat. The story ramps up quite a lot leading into HW.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
did Urianger's voice actor change? I dont mean from ARR onward like everyone else, I mean just now in 4.4. He sounds different.

Also,
Scions are just dropping like flies
at the end of 4.4 fam :o

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
4.4 done, dat reveal at the end tho!

I really want to finish 4.5 tonight before heading to work so I can start Shadowbringers tomorow.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I waited so long to setup a mouse-over macro for Aetherial Manipulation, but it sure is nice.

I didn't really know what it did until I was watching Sfia's E1S BLM video last night and saw him using it without changing targets.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
and that is a wrap on Stormblood.

vJTZTj6.png

4.5 ending was good, mainly because the dungeon was fantastic. Excited to start Shadowbringers tomorow, here's to another 100 hours I guess.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the Shadowbringers CG thing for the first time.

I....have so many questions.

I have no idea what to expect from this expansion but it seems like its going to be a lot crazier than just dicking around in another country for fifty hours.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Just watched the Shadowbringers CG thing for the first time.

I....have so many questions.

I have no idea what to expect from this expansion but it seems like its going to be a lot crazier than just dicking around in another country for fifty hours.

I just done first dungeon it roughly 70-71 quests and phew it mental and draining for first few hours. The ingame intro is wayyyy better then the CGI one

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Rhaknar is setting one hell of a pace.

Back when he first started talking about HW, I was just going through post SB patch content. Now he's right at SHB too.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
and that is a wrap on Stormblood.

vJTZTj6.png

4.5 ending was good, mainly because the dungeon was fantastic. Excited to start Shadowbringers tomorow, here's to another 100 hours I guess.
Holy shit my dude, didn't you just start less than a month ago

Have fun throwing wide the gates and becoming what you must, I'm looking forward to seeing your E4S and/or Alexander Ultimate clear in like, two days from now at this rate

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So real talk: can you even do ShB MSQ only without the road to 70 buff or do you have to compliment it with daily roulettes?

I've been doing all the daily roulettes as Astro who is now 77, and the normal quest stuff with various others (but mostly Dancer once I stopped fucking around), and I wanted to still do that in ShB but it probably doesnt work?

As in progress the MSQ as Dancer still, but then do the daily stuff on other jobs once Astro is 80 instead of "wasting" it on the Dancer.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
So real talk: can you even do ShB MSQ only without the road to 70 buff or do you have to compliment it with daily roulettes?

I've been doing all the daily roulettes as Astro who is now 77, and the normal quest stuff with various others (but mostly Dancer once I stopped fucking around), and I wanted to still do that in ShB but it probably doesnt work?

As in progress the MSQ as Dancer still, but then do the daily stuff on other jobs once Astro is 80 instead of "wasting" it on the Dancer.

jesus I'm doing SHB with lvl71 gunbreaker which highest class next is SAM lvl70 then PLD at 50 rest are bare minimum barely above 0-30.

I been playing off and on since Leviathan patch in ARR.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington

You might need to do one or two leveling roulettes to get from 79 to 80 but the MSQ should be enough for the rest.

edit: I take it back. The Pixie daily quests give you a ridiculous amount of XP so just start doing those every day once you unlock them and you shouldn't need any extra roulettes.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
how you finding it so far

I'm liking it ...kinda i mean ARR Burned me out and i was told to just push through and get to HW .

I can only do so many quests where its go talk to this person okay quest done now kill 3 of these people okay quest done now go pick up some lettuce and bring it back.

Reallllly reallllllllly hoping HW changes it up like everyone told me

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
You might need to do one or two leveling roulettes to get from 79 to 80 but the MSQ should be enough for the rest.

That's not bad at all then. And either way, my goal was to have my Astro at 80 or close enough so that every dungeon/trial roadblock I hit I can just queue as healer, and at 77 and half, that's close enough, 2 or 3 more days of dailies should be enough for 80 and meanwhile the MSQ is enough :)

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

You might get level gated once or twice. One leveling roulette a day will be more than enough though (probably don't even need that much).

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I'm liking it ...kinda i mean ARR Burned me out and i was told to just push through and get to HW .

I can only do so many quests where its go talk to this person okay quest done now kill 3 of these people okay quest done now go pick up some lettuce and bring it back.

Reallllly reallllllllly hoping HW changes it up like everyone told me

I won't sugar coat it some them quests still exist and if you notice and bugged by them now you will pick up on here more in HW even though they reduced massively. The plot and characters are vastly improved which helps MSQ are great i rarely do side quests unless I'm not levelling up enough for my liking or if like a area.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ghimlyt is a great showpiece final dungeon, but as part of a tiny Expert roulette at the time, it swiftly wore out its welcome, and I can't really stand it anymore, lol.

That's not bad at all then. And either way, my goal was to have my Astro at 80 or close enough so that every dungeon/trial roadblock I hit I can just queue as healer, and at 77 and half, that's close enough, 2 or 3 more days of dailies should be enough for 80 and meanwhile the MSQ is enough :)

Once you hit 80, you can engage in the True Endgame:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, do they still only have like two dungeons in expert roulette?

I hated that shit a long time ago..

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
there's a expert roulette at 80? I assume that is only for level 80s, and thus pointless for xp purposes.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Man one thing from HW that fucked me up was
Post hw and stormblood spoiler
Ga Bu that broke me emotionally and I felt like shit it worse when you seen him again in Stormblood. I love the Kobold beasts quests and design so seeing a cute child one becoming a catatonic mess after seeing his family murdered was rough.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I won't sugar coat it some them quests still exist and if you notice and bugged by them now you will pick up on here more in HW even though they reduced massively. The plot and characters are vastly improved which helps MSQ are great i rarely do side quests unless I'm not levelling up enough for my liking or if like a area.

Im okay with a handful of them just not like almost 200 of them like ARR was lol.

Any tips for what to do first in HW before i start ? Should i go for the flying mount asap ?

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Im okay with a handful of them just not like almost 200 of them like ARR was lol.

Any tips for what to do first in HW before i start ? Should i go for the flying mount asap ?

that be given to you the downside is finding aetherspots on the map so you can even fly. You find all zones spots then can fly and increase movement speed when mounted if find a few. Some are also unlocked via side quests with the plus symbol next to it.

honestly just do story and your dailies to keep your level up don't worry about gear as the ARR quests gave you decent gear already or use your tomes for Aug gear in Mor Dhona.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's a expert roulette at 80? I assume that is only for level 80s, and thus pointless for xp purposes.

They put the recent endgame dungeons into Expert for daily tomestones. It's quick, and you'll probably trash the gear for GC Seals, so that's something, too.

Expert is fine when you have a decent selection of dungeons for it to choose from (as we currently do, at 4), not so much when it looks like this for like three months:

x5n8yRw.png

The other roulette you probably don't have is the Mentor Roulette, which is certainly... Fun.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
They actually said we are only getting one dungeon per patch from now on. So uh...I dunno what ex roulette will be in 5.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.