• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Once I hit 2.5 I stopped checking the main quest list, but yeah...

ZnpnpZb.png

E50V0nG.jpg

giphy.gif
ooooh that part. get your popcorn

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I finally found my unopened PS4 CE of A Realm Reborn. Opened it, redeemed the CE contents, and because I redeemed it, it also appeared to include a digital version of A Realm Reborn which means that I no longer have to use a disc!

The downside: I finally also get to use the Security Key that came included with the CE and upon using it for the first time: Battery Low.

Dang it.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm glad someone does, because for all the code-begging fervor I saw when they were being given out, I never actually see anyone using it in-game.
I really wanted that mount lol. I think it's adorable. I've been working hard to get the quest that lets me use mounts.

I'm gonna use FBC for a long time.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I started doing some of the old ARR content unsynched just to have a completion but damn Ramuh seems impossible, at least as a DPS job. Everything else has been easy.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I've never beaten it, but I remember being talked through the mechanics and theres parts where you have to eat the electric orbs. I think it might not be possible solo.

Anyway
Did the WoL just fucking roll her eyes at a bunch of poetics

That shits too real, Heavensward endgame burned me out of the game for 4 years 😅😭

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I thought I would hate Stormblood, but I actually love it so far, I might even prefer it over HW.

I just finished the Steppe arc and the lore is so good. It's so refreshing after the depressing tone of HW.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I would hate Stormblood, but I actually love it so far, I might even prefer it over HW.

I just finished the Steppe arc and the lore is so good. It's so refreshing after the depressing tone of HW.

The Azim Steppe is the highlight of SB for me. I was fascinated with its people.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never beaten it, but I remember being talked through the mechanics and theres parts where you have to eat the electric orbs. I think it might not be possible solo.

Anyway
Did the WoL just fucking roll her eyes at a bunch of poetics

That shits too real, Heavensward endgame burned me out of the game for 4 years 😅😭
Lol yeah that shit slayed me

Triangulate

Oct 27, 2017
Got through 2.55 and into Heavensward on the last day of my free month. Anyone interested in shooting me a recruit a friend code? I'll probably sub with the 60 day Fantasia deal.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Got around doing the magical dps role questline...for some reason, this one really got me.
Was fucking tragic that the BLM's sin eater form was endlessly looking to free the kid out of the void place.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
God I can see how MMOs take up so much of people's time. Tonight I started some of my crafting and gathering jobs, spent a bit of time getting used to Dark Knight, and spent time doing things to increase my rank with the Twin Adders.

I feel like I still have so much to do ahead of me. Will probably be easily entertained til 5.1.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I feel somewhat bad about queuing up for the last two dungeons in ARR 2.0 knowing that someone is going to roullete and get stuck in un-skippable cutscenes and long dungeons.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I feel somewhat bad about queuing up for the last two dungeons in ARR 2.0 knowing that someone is going to roullete and get stuck in un-skippable cutscenes and long dungeons.
Those last two dungeons of ARR/2.0 are in their own seperate roulette called MSQ Roulette.
They are not found in any other roulette.
Anyone who chooses to queue up for MSQ Roulette knows exactly what they're getting into.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
*gets to ishgard for the first time*
*spends a half hour exploring every nook and cranny and talking to npcs*
*returns to quest giver*
*told to explore ishgard*

I'm pretty much fully on board at this point. The final push of 2.x felt like it was wrapping up threads left from the original game and finally starting to tell its own story, and I'm really enjoying the different vibe HW has so far.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
maybe? I have zero clue about any EX mechanics. When all the enemies appear around Ramuh I just start getting bodied and I assumed I'm just not killing them fast enough. I could totally be missing how it actually works.
It's not related to adds, he has a tank buster that does a shit ton of damage if you don't have the electrical balance buff thing, you get that from picking up 3 lightning orbs in a row. Picking more will extend the buff but reduce healing. If you have the buff you take normal amounts of damage from his buster but if you don't he hits for like 18k on my PLD or some crap and he spams it every 20-25secs. Just make sure to pick up 3 orbs whenever they spawn with sprint and then you'll be fine. One of the few mechanics you still kinda have to do even unsynced(unless in a party then he just dies in like 40secs anyway).

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say I'm falling off the game a bit here. There's just not a whole lot to do at 80. Outside of Savage, I'm at the point where the only reason to do anything else is for alt classes. Eden normal sure too, but that's like an hour a week tops.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Messed up my Phanta tomes, need 2 more weeks to get the weapon, at least I have a solvent to upgrade it to 470.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Gotta say I'm falling off the game a bit here. There's just not a whole lot to do at 80. Outside of Savage, I'm at the point where the only reason to do anything else is for alt classes. Eden normal sure too, but that's like an hour a week tops.
That's kind of what happens. Once you've had your fill of crafting and extreme primals all you have are leveling alt jobs (THankfully there's a few things involved with leveling this time around) and older content.

Fall is right around the corner.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
after being subbed non stop since beta of ARR
finally stopped my sub renewal on 21st
i'll probably return for story patches

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
after being subbed non stop since beta of ARR
finally stopped my sub renewal on 21st
i'll probably return for story patches
You could probably get away with coming back when they do the free login periods until you want to experience the nier 24 man stuff asap.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So what's the deal with overmelding? Can it only be done on specific crafted gear? And are they gonna be better than 470 gear?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Think it's fairly standard and happens every expansions. I let my sub run out last friday too, I knew I was going to be subbed for about 2months and since I resubbed a week before the expansion it makes sense. I didn't have expectations I was gonna play more though, I don't bother doing savage so it's mostly casual content, leveling classes and catching up on older stuff(I cleared all the SB EX I hadn't cleared mostly). Usually I'd stay unsubbed until 5.3 or 5.4 or so, but I think I'll resub for 5.1 to do BLU stuff since doing it later is going to be a pain in the ass, have to use the rush to get everything done and unlike many ppl I actually kinda enjoy BLU and am looking forward to the update for that. After that I'll probably be gone again until 5.4 or 5.5, resub a couple of months, get everything done and caught up, then take a break before 6.0. The usual.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the deal with overmelding? Can it only be done on specific crafted gear? And are they gonna be better than 470 gear?
Yeah, it's only for crafted gear. Usually not better than 470 gear unless the substats on it suck really bad. It's really good for early progression though, if you can afford it.

For crafting and gathering, overmelded gear is the best (though really expensive)

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, it's only for crafted gear. Usually not better than 470 gear unless the substats on it suck really bad. It's really good for early progression though, if you can afford it.

For crafting and gathering, overmelded gear is the best (though really expensive)
So early prog only, not worth it now.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Could I get a discord link too :)

I started looking at Scholar. Straight off the bat it's very different from WHM. Way more like you're deferring a lot of your healing potency by shielding people ahead of time rather than letting loose after damage hits. Lot more going on it seems.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nearly leveled up my DRK to 80, meaning I know got one job for each role! Well, apart from ranged DPS, which I think will be a BLM.

I was considering leveling a miner or botanist next. Does anyone know any good guide for them, and which would be best to start with (if there's any difference)?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
It's not related to adds, he has a tank buster that does a shit ton of damage if you don't have the electrical balance buff thing, you get that from picking up 3 lightning orbs in a row. Picking more will extend the buff but reduce healing. If you have the buff you take normal amounts of damage from his buster but if you don't he hits for like 18k on my PLD or some crap and he spams it every 20-25secs. Just make sure to pick up 3 orbs whenever they spawn with sprint and then you'll be fine. One of the few mechanics you still kinda have to do even unsynced(unless in a party then he just dies in like 40secs anyway).

thanks I got it this morning after some struggle. I basically needed to get the resistance asap on my BRD or i'd die first. That was kind of fun to do solo cause it was still a struggle lol.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Any way to hide the tail on my giant cat Gunbreaker? Because I got a really cool looking cape but the stupid tail is always glitching through it which looks kinda stupid. Also is there any way to show helmets/hats for Hrothgars? Because the button "show/hide helmet" doesn't do anything for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.